Brews and Bouts (Open)

With Pride and Money on the line, drunkards fight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Brews and Bouts (Open)

Postby Tetreka on June 3rd, 2012, 5:10 pm

"Excellent. I made a loan to man some time ago, and he doesn't appear to have any attention of paying me back..." Tetreka thought about how to phrase things delicately, "While he certainly has the money, he most certainly would rather hire guards than return to me what is owed." The involved interest rate was quite honestly absurd, but that was the whole intent - he would either make an absurd amount of money on the return, or he could use the loan contract to sell the person into slavery - and while losing out the initial loan money would cut into his profits, his tendency to only give out loans to those with noticeable skills helped him keep his head above water.

"The man is himself Eypharian, but among those he hires are Benshira and Dhani. Another blade to discourage his helpers would be valuable." While the man had claimed his goal was to grow specialty hops and flowers for brewing and perfuming, his crops of choice had been opiates and poisons - there was a tidy bit of money to be made there, and more than a few dangerous individuals willing to stay close. The biggest problem was really getting to the man before the Jackals got wind of his business - slitting throats itself just sounded like a part of the job. "Does this work interest you?"
Sell a someone a fish and you feed them for a day,
But sell someone a fisherman, and feed them for life.
Tetreka
Player

Words: 26057
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2012, 9:28 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Brews and Bouts (Open)

Postby Gracen on June 8th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Grace smiled.

"I'm your man. I can ride along and look dangerous. My blades are sharp enough to lop off one of those extra Eypharian arms without much trouble."

Truth be told, looking dangerous was easy work. He only hoped it paid well when Tetreka was hiring.

"Care to break down times, dates, rates of pay...? I hope we aren't doing this tonight. Well, I can still remove limbs or look dangerous after a few drinks, but I should probably start practicing moderation if this is to happen now..." He laughed, but he could put away light-hearted banter, boozing, and boxing with relative ease if the money was good.
Gracen
You can run, but you will only die tired.

Words: 50800
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2011, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Brews and Bouts (Open)

Postby Tetreka on June 9th, 2012, 7:07 am

Tetreka rolled his eyes a little bit on the remark about lopping off extra limbs, "One missing arm bleeds a man well enough to kill him no matter how many others he has. My people may take a bit longer, though." Eypharians had more blood in them, they could bleed longer - though the difference was probably less than a minute and wounds so severe would be lethal regardless, it was just one more ounce of pride to hang on his race, "So long as they don't make further attempts on my life, I don't care which way they come apart."

"The time is tough - as are the man's friends. We will want to wait for the man's companions to be scarce, and perhaps enlist more help..." The fact of the matter was that with the debtor's skill set there was a chance his price would escape triple digits at auction and every extra set of hands on a weapon would be worth the relatively meager compensation they would require. There was the added bonus that if some of the hired help died they wouldn't need to be paid, but Tetreka would not disclose that as part of his willingness to seek additional help, "I met another some days ago that's proven some worth when steel takes the place of words. I will consult with her."

He signaled for another two beers as Gracen replied, thinking that if he could not beat the man unconscious there was at the very least a good chance he could drink him that way.
Sell a someone a fish and you feed them for a day,
But sell someone a fisherman, and feed them for life.
Tetreka
Player

Words: 26057
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2012, 9:28 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Brews and Bouts (Open)

Postby Colombina on December 30th, 2012, 4:42 am

The XP Wand Is Waved!

I must say, you guys are charmers! And a perfect example of how a low level xp fight could be far more entertaining than one between players with a ton. Also, Tetreka, I was surprised and amused by your PC being trounced by a lady. Inventive! And, Gracen, your wit gets me every time. Even though these PCs are scoundrels, I love them.

Gracen's Loot

2 XP Flux
3 XP Unarmed Combat (If you want something else, let me know)
1 XP Intimidation
Lore of basic unarmed defenses against Eypharians

Tetreka's Loot

1 XP Rhetoric
3 XP Boxing (If you want something else, let me know)
1 XP Intimidation
Lore of how to effectively recruit mercenaries

Colombina is pleased.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Previous