[OOC Thread] Rumble in the Jungle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Jet't on November 15th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Not sure if I should introduce myself here or in the Jungles Wild forum, but I figured pretty much the same people would be posting in both places. Jet't is not currently in Falyndar, but I will be doing some solo flashback threads here and in the Jungle, to develop his history. He's been gone since Fall, 506, but if you'd like to do a flashback thread with him, that would be great. He is a fairly typical Myrian, I guess. Trained as a hunter, primarily, did his military service, friendly enough for a Myrian :P

Please send me a PM so I can talk you into doing a thread with me. Also, he's been traveling (with a purpose) these last few years so if you see him elsewhere and want to thread, let me know! Thanks.

ps I'm sure I will get things wrong here and there, as far as Myrians/Taloba/Falyndar go. If you see anything glaring, or small, please let me know. I'd like to keep him as true to what is established as possible.

pps can anyone take a guess at the cost of a 1) boomerang and 2) chakram ?
Jet't
Player

Words: 7649
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2011, 7:29 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Carsten on December 12th, 2011, 5:20 pm

Rage wrote:There will be a quest come Winter, I'd like to know who's still active in Taloba/Falyndar and who'll be interested in joining. :)

Anything new on this front?
Carsten
The duelist

Words: 61370
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rage on December 13th, 2011, 12:20 am

Hey there. Just clearing up a few timeline issues with Siiri, since I'll be using her as both the storyteller and a participant in the story. Those interested in joining, please free your PCs from the 70th of Winter onwards. :)

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Mihai on December 13th, 2011, 5:08 am

Assuming he has permission from Myri (or an order from her), Mihai would happily follow Miharu (and thereby Siiri).
Mihai
Take a bite of my heart tonight

Words: 29455
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Rage on December 15th, 2011, 7:24 am

Hey all,

I'll be starting the Winter Quest some time after Christmas, please send me a PM for anyone else interested in joining so I can have it set up. Might have to split the group if we have more than 4 players. So far we have Carsten, Revy and Mihai. Siiri will take part in this as well and will be the storyteller (or I'll use this account for the thread that doesn't have Siiri if I split you guys up). Deadline for joining is 21st of December.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Ciryn on February 13th, 2012, 2:41 am

Hello!

I'm new to the online role playing scene, but I just finished creating my first character and am now contemplating first posts. I have a vague idea of what I'm going to be doing with her, but am still a bit shaky on a few things. At the moment she is in Alvadas, but all of her history up to that point is in Taloba.

When creating flashbacks are there any restrictions, advice, generally helpful knowledge? Can I create minor NPCs to facilitate the story? If I am looking for someone to be a part of my past what is the best way to do that? Lastly, how do I know what my clan name is, do I pick it myself or are there more complicated things to consider?

Thank you all for your patience with another clueless person
Ciryn
Player

Words: 13865
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:00 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Cayenne on February 17th, 2012, 12:20 am

Hi Ciryn!

When it comes to flashbacks, keep the following in mind:

1. You can complete flashbacks up and including the season prior to your creating your character (so up to Fall 511 AV for you, since you joined in the season of Winter).
2. If you want characters to appear repeatedly in your flashbacks, please talk to myself and/or Rage about it if they're your Fang members. If it's family, you can apply at the help desk for them as stationary NPCs.
3. Don't try to give yourself powerful/expensive stuff in Flashbacks to circumnavigate the rules unless they're moderated. :)

As for your clan name, if you have some ideas, feel free to send me a PM about them. I'm pretty relaxed about it so long as it is in the general naming conventions of the Myrians. :) If you want to join the clan of a PC, you need their permission to do so.

That being said, welcome aboard (I like puns. I'm kind of bad about that)!
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Rage on March 6th, 2012, 2:35 am

The Wild Djed Storm of 512 AV

Please take note of the following events brought about the Wild Djed storm that resulted from Ivak's escape from his imprisonment

• The storm will rage through the region on the 1st of Spring, 512 AV for a full hour (exact time to be added later).
  • The 200 foot clearing immediately outside the city walls will be overgrown with plant life.
  • The soldiers guarding the walls and facing north will be struck blind by the wild djed storm. They will permanently see either a bright light or complete darkness, depending on what time of day the storm hits them.
  • Any Kelvics caught out in the open during the storm will be unable to shift from the form they currently hold. This is permanent, unless they learn morphing OR through the intercession of Caiyha. This only applies to Kelvics within the city confines.
  • The tskannas will temporarily be driven insane and run rampant within the city. The effect on Myrian tigers will not be immediately seen, but they will be harder to breed now than before.
  • The riamms will multiply faster than usual during the day the storm hits. Riamms born on that day will not be able to go berserk, but will retain their ability to expand into their 'berserk' size. They will be very docile however, and it will be very difficult to make them undergo this transformation. The offsprings of these riamms will retain these properties.
  • The Myrians will now openly hate more than ever those who try to trespass into their lands, blaming them (the other races) for the wild djed storm. In particular, they will shoot to kill anyone coming in from the north, the origin of the storm.
  • The flora and fauna seem to explode in terms of growth and quantity.

Important Notice:
Players, please take note that your PC's may NOT undergo any mutations stated herein. You may have them affect your NPCs (friends, family members, etc), but not your own PC.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Cayenne on April 17th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Hi everyone!

If you need moderation or grading, please post it here.

Thanks!
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Atl on May 9th, 2012, 2:49 am

Greetings, I am Atl of the Patient Shadows, a new myrian to add to the combined might of Taloba's Military. I will be currently working on flashbacks but if anyone is interested in a thread, feel free to drop me a pm!
Atl
of The Patient Shadows

Words: 11392
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2012, 3:45 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext