[OOC Thread] Rumble in the Jungle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Gossamer on December 12th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Hello Myrians!

I just wanted to let you know that the staff of Cyphrus is more than willing to float across the drink and southward to assist players in this region since you are without moderators at this time. Schism, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of players here and having a lack of time, has reached out to us via the Help Desk and has asked that someone step in to assist. He'll be retreating back to his assigned location of Zinrah. He has already pointed several players my way and I believe I might have already talked to all of you - or should I say both of you - that are active in this area currently.

This also means if you are a new player we are more than willing to help you get started in Taloba or the surrounding areas as well.

In addition, Phoenix has stepped up and said she has staff that can be utilized if needed in Kalea for Falyndar projects - ie grading and moderation - as well. That gives you guys two regions of teams willing and able to help out if and when its necessary. We will not treat you folks here like you are extra work. We will treat you like you are part of our already beloved families.

What this means is if you need things graded, feel free to put them in the Riverfall, Endrykas and even in the Wind Reach request threads. We'll get to them in the order we receive them as always. Our mod request threads in WR and RF are not our Storyteller offices. They are sticky threads in our main forums. If you guys start generating enough threads here, we will start babysitting you your own grade/thread moderation requests.

In addition to this, we're both going to be floating staff over to Falyndar to do some development as well since a few of you have mentioned needing things here that are not yet implemented or fleshed out. If you have submissions to Falyndar's development pm me and I'll start a submissions thread if there's significant interest. It's not fair for you guys to have no moderator attention even for little things like mini quests or go-to staffers.

In addition, I am taking applications for new staff for Cyphrus at this time. It needs to be carefully understood that any new staff joining Cyphrus will be floated over here either for quest events, development, and grading as well. PM me with any interest you might have. I've already gotten several bites.

Anyhow! Thanks.

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 22nd, 2012, 5:21 pm

Hi Guys!

Just a friendly reminder! You cannot INVENT lore. No making up races, tribes, monsters, or bad guys without getting an okay from a ST that's in charge. If you do so in your threads, you will be gently warned and asked to make revisions!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Traverse on January 20th, 2013, 1:12 am

Greetings my lovely savages!

If you need anything moderated or are perhaps looking for a job in the jungle city, feel free to send me a PM and I shall get right to it. Over the coming days I will be adding some new locations and perhaps even some critters to the lands of Falyndar, so keep an eye out and as always, safe travels.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Limey on January 21st, 2013, 3:57 am

Hello, hola, bonjour, guten abend, and an all-encompassing hoooowDY to everyone! I'm Limey, brand spankin' new Assistant Storyteller, and my preserve is (for now) exclusively Taloba.

So, any questions you have, please PM them to me. If you're looking to get a thread Moderated, you can reach me through my Office, or we can spitball some ideas here. Any requests for grading will need to go in the Moderation/Grading thread in The Jungle Wilds, at least until it picks up enough here for us to have our own.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Race: Human
Office

Postby Alva on January 22nd, 2013, 9:06 pm

Welcome Limey! I'm also a new person to Taloba, so it's very awesome we got a new AS here. I hope you enjoy your stay!
Alva
Harsher of the mellow.

Words: 25224
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Limey on January 22nd, 2013, 9:54 pm

Awesome sauce! Do me a favor and PM me with any ideas you have for your first roleplay or two. I know, I know, "throw it all at me", but we have do narrow it down a lil'! I think we can certainly mod you some falconry threads, and Schism might be able to help with a Dhani-hunt (Zinrah and the Dhani are his main area of expertise).
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Race: Human
Office

Postby Alva on January 22nd, 2013, 10:47 pm

Gotcha. :) I'll shoot you a PM in a mo'. Also, one for Schism, I suppose. xD

I've got a question for you too I'll send you.
Alva
Harsher of the mellow.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tinnok on February 3rd, 2013, 8:01 pm

Hello Guys, just dropping in to introduce myself as a new resident of Taloba, open for flashbacks as well as current threads.

I'd love to meet up with you Alva, woo tiger Kelvic!

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alva on February 3rd, 2013, 8:08 pm

Let's do something about meeting up, then. :)
Alva
Harsher of the mellow.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amora on February 22nd, 2013, 1:57 am

Just because I'm one for flashy things and Taloba seems to have a nice supply of women I'll think I'll drop by.

So Hi, I'm Amora your local friendly JrST from the Cyphrus team who want's to let you know that I'm here. While I can't do as much as the ST+ can, I'm here to help! I'm still really knew so I have a lot of things to learn but don't we all?

A secondarily important thing that is pretty cool about your lovely light, is I just recently got out a location for you guys to get in on also Come my Pretties. Since it's my first one I'm really proud of it. And by this time next week I should have out another location for you wonderful 'savages', as Trav said.
[
Amora
Player

Words: 22150
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2013, 10:49 pm
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext