[The injury ward] A couple stitches and a bed (Shadow/Kalia)

After their brief encounter in a clearing and Xi throughtly clobbering Shadow . Xi drags the pair of them to the injury ward.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ximal on May 30th, 2012, 3:05 am

90th of spring 512AV ( after the fight between Xi and shadowfang)

Trudging into the injury ward, the sheer number of injured people here was staggering even as Xi held shadow over his shoulder he glanced around. Looking for any possible free doctors or at the very least healers. After all he was carrying an unconscious winged human and he himself was bleeding from his wounds. Simply standing there with the zith completely out cold over his shoulder wasn't going to get him any where. Taking a deep breath be spoke louder than normal loud enough to catch the attention of people but not disturb those recovering too much. "Sorry to be a bother to everyone here but, i've got an unconscious person here. Is there anyone that can help?" A single nurse wandered over and offered to show Xi a route to a bed and to go off in search of a doctor. XI dropped the unconscious, meat puppet down onto the bed. Taking a slow deep breath he pushed the feeling of pain out of his mind. The searing bolts of lighting from the somple cuts along his chest and shoulder growling in pain.

Xi turned his attention out of the window to over look the cages near by. The very place he's been until a few hours ago. So he'd be damned if he was telling the truth and going straight back into the cages. To petch with that. Xi waited near by to explain the situation to whatever doctor happened to be attending the unconscious creature. The blood still seeped ligtly from the wounds on his chest and shoulder though he didn't seem to care too much. His mind was fixated with thoughts of tasting freedom only to go back into that infernal trap of insanity inducing horror that was the cages. Sure he'd had visitors but the time alone with little to do but sleep meditate train and exercise had worn thin on his patience and this little spat that had occurred was exactly the release he needed to get back into the state of solidified mind he needed. Xi's eyes stayed focused outside of the window as he sighed.

oocsorry for the really crappy opening but it's the best i can o with the motivation i have :/

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sahashkalila on June 4th, 2012, 2:03 am

Kalila had been busy all day to say the least, the number of injured continued to grow each day and she didn't know how they were going to keep up without hiring on more hands. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be any more to spare, and the healers were working themselves nonstop at times to make sure everyone was taken care of. Kalila heard the doors open to the ward but was unable to see who was since she was busily giving some medicine to a Kelvic woman who had a slight fever, easing her off into sleep as she placed a cool rag on her forehead. She did however recognize the voice of the man who had entered, and she turned to find a very beat up Ximal with an unconscious Shadowfang on one of the beds.

Speaking hurriedly to one of the nurses to watch over her patients, Kalila hurried over to the pair, rolling up her sleeves as she looked over them both, frowning in aggravation. Ximal seemed to be cut in a few spots, some that definitely needed stitching, which Shadow was out cold, and she quickly placed a wet cloth on his forehead before rounding on Ximal.

"What on earth happened to you to!" she cried, prying off what remained of the man's shirt and pushed him down on the bed next to Shadow. "I expect a full explanation assss to what happened." She was irritated and worried at the same time, hoping that whatever that they had gotten into wasn't out of stupidity.
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shadowfang on June 4th, 2012, 3:21 am

For a few seconds there was nothing but darkness. Then Shadowfang let out a low groan. He was slowly becoming more aware of the world around him, the damp rag on his head, the bed under him. And the pain. He was so sore. His head hurt, his gut hurt, his side hurt, and he could smell his own vomit somewhere in his fur. When he opened his eyes, the light stabbed them, hurting him even more and the hunger pangs were still there. He was not doing so well. He squinted, too hurt to try moving, until his eyes adjusted to the light. He tensed up when he saw the man that he had attacked, but flinched in pain and relaxed when his tensed muscles caused his soreness to hurt again. Had he been knocked out... again? Then he saw Kalila and could not help but feel a little nervous. She was fixing the big man, Ximal, who had beat him up and she seemed beyond upset. 

For a brief moment he was mad that she was paying more attention to Ximal than she was to him, but had to relax and calm down again when the pain spiked again. He groaned louder, half out of pain, half in an attempt to get her attention. Then again, she would probably be really angry with him if she found out why he and the big man were like this. Too late. Ximal was already filling her in on exactly what happened. Shadowfang tried to get up, propping himself up on his elbows, but he growled and lay back down again. He had neither the energy nor the pain tolerance to do anything other than lie in the bed and be still.

His breaths were short and shallow and his ribs were among the most sore body parts. He was sure his neck was bruised. He huffed, one of the few things he could do without the experiencing his own body's wrath. He closed his eyes again and pleaded to the gentle healer. "Kali... I hurt." It was all he could mumble. He was already using all his energy just to stay awake. Doing anything else was draining. All he could do was sit still and wait for her aid.
Shadowfang
I Am What I Am

Words: 112301
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 4th, 2012, 4:06 am

Xi sat quietly in the chair next to the bed, the tears in his flesh slowly weeping red tears. As he sat there dealing with the pain much better than most would have. A look of confusion rather than pain rounded on his face. Why didn't i just kill the beast? Xi moved slowly making some of the cuts a little larger. Gritting his teeth at the pain he looked down at the beast. Then a familiar voice appeared. Kalia? Oh so she was here as well. Xi smiled as he saw her not even registering the aggravated tone but the pain that coursed through his chest and shoulder as the shirt was prised off of him was searing. Though some of the only things that could come to his mind he said almsot un intentionally.
"Kalia if you wanted me out of my shirt all you had to do was ask." Then the cutting tone hit him, she was pissed and wanted an explanation as to what happened. Xi took a deep breath and grunted with a bit of pain.
"I was just minding my own business when al of a sudden the winged wonder here, decides i look like a tasty snack and starts to leap and attack me. I get sliced as you see and all i did to him was knock him out." AS Xi spoke he heard the beast rouse from it's slumber. Calling out to kalia. Wait, the winged humanoid knew kalia? Xi felt his knuckles tense subconsciously.

Looking at the beast infront of him and kalia to the right of him, Xi felt some confusion. Perhaps kalia had healed him before? If he was as good a hunter as he was a fighter, almost definitely he'd been healed before. Then a pang of pain shot through him as she touched the cut on his arm.
"Kali i know your annoyed but a little softer please? I still remember that slap quite vividly." Xi felt her ushering him towards the bed but knowing what that creature was like he opted to stay where he was. Looking down a the open wounds he grunted, he nearly roared in pain as the soft nerves of his open chest where the burn was ground together. The pain was like enduring that heat all over again. The flames of that room. The fire, the heat, the anger he felt numbing it all. He quieted the event from his mind his hand pulsing in pain from the strength of his grip.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on June 7th, 2012, 12:57 am

"Oh hussh up you irritating fool!"she snapped at Ximal, moving away from him to check on Shadowfang. She dipped a rag into a basin of water and slapped it on the Zith's head, agitation clear in her movements. "I can't believe the two of you would do sssomething like thiss, bloody idiots!" While she may have been angry at both of them, her hands remained somewhat gentle, prodding at Shadow's chest and ribs to feel if any were broken. Some of them moved under her touch, and she assumed them to be broken, the frown on her face growing as she assessed the extent of his injuries.

"I don't know what the bloody petch you were thinking, but attacking another human iss NOT what iss excepted Sshadow. You are better than that,"she snapped, turning away from him and pushing Ximal back down on the bed, grabbing another wet cloth and beginning to wipe away the blood and dirt from his chest. Four slashes could be seen along his shoulder and four across his chest, and she could see that some of them needed stitches. Bloody irritating man, taking on a Zith. Both of them were right fools and she was fuming at the stupidity that had been shown. "You are going to need sstichess, ssso I bloody well hope you can bear needlesss,"she said pointing at Ximal, turning to rummage around in the bedside table for supplies.

"Try not to move sso much Sshadow, you have a few broken ribss and you don't need to josstle them. I do, however, want to hear your explanation,'she said as she found what she needed, turning to look down at him sternly.
Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shadowfang on June 8th, 2012, 6:21 am

The water started soaking into his fur, it felt good. He grunted in pain every time Kalila pressed on his ribs. He hoped to the gods that nothing was broken. Kalila was mad. He could never have thought of her as a creature that could get mad at anyone, but she was absolutely raging. She even cursed at him! All it was doing was making him feel worse. "I... s-sorry... Kali." he said through gritted teeth. And he truly was, even of the only reason he was was because she was mad at him. "I was... hungry and I could not think... right." Even though she told him not to move, he could not help but move a hand to clutch his aching stomach. "And I still hungry." 

He felt both hungry and pathetic and the lingering smell of the big man's blood was not helping. It was serving as a reminder of exactly how hungry he was, how he had let a meal escape, how his intended meal had beat him up, and how angry Kalila was. He did not want to talk to her anymore. She felt bad, which was making him feel worse; and the realization that he was the sole reason she was angry almost made him whimper. 

Mixed feelings of anger, hate, frustration, sadness, and helplessness swirled around in his head and there was nothing he could do about it. Wait, something just registered in his brain. The big man knew Kalila! Oh Shadowfang was really in trouble now. If he had really tried to eat someone whom Kalila called a friend... He did not want to think about it. Still, that one defiant, hungry part in him wanted to get up and kill the man. It was easy to control, what with all his current pain, motionlessness and every other emotion that was burning inside him. He stared at Kali pathetically, trying his best to look sorry.
Shadowfang
I Am What I Am

Words: 112301
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 8th, 2012, 7:03 am

Xi winced a little as he, felt her snap at him. Words sharper than even the winged wonder's claws. She was livid, with fair reason to be. Xi sucked in a slow breath feeling the jewelled life force escaping his chest in small rubies. He glanced down, at the four wounds adorning his chest. the first time he actually acknowledged the gaping red valleys across his torso. Sill something plagued Xi's mind. He rattled it off as a simple knowledge through profession. After all kalia was a doctor. Xi responded to him being a fool with a rather sharp comment of his own not ill-meant but sharp none the less. "What was i supposed to do let the carnivorous little shyke eat me? I'm sorry for defending myself." He let her push him back down on the bed and winced a little as the rag wiped over his wounds cleaning them. Taking a deep breath he simply let it wash over him. However each time the damp cloth wiped over the new raw tissue of his chest, the nerve endings there sang out in agony. He had to hold back from roaring out in pain every time she brushed over it. As she mentioned he'd need stitched for the wounds Xi simply smiled as she asked if he could take them. "Kali, i can handle a couple needles, i'm sorry about breaking bat-boy's ribs though. I tried to take him down without killing him. He didn't make it easy on me, throwing knives and even pulling a dagger on me. Still i give him credit-nrrngh-The guy can fight."

Well what a way to end a season, ending up in the injury ward with eight cuts and a set of slices across his front. Still even now even through all the pain the only thing on his mind was that curse. Subconsciously his hand tightened his grip nearly drawing blood from his palms. Without realizing it he'd spoken, muttering out the words. "Wrenmae, petching-coward." The pain coupled with his current anger over the situation brought forth the reminder of tat night along with the strokes of cloth over the burned area of his chest. everything dragged him back to that night. He could feel his flux subconciously moveing into his arm with his anger, filling his muscle, tensing them, hardening them, ready to burst forth, stuill he quelled his anger, holding it back, pulling his djed away from the pathways, focusing, closing his eyes drawing the power away and sending it back on it's normal path. Still every time he closed his eyes he heard that tune, in wrenmae's annoying voice.

Oh little child,
Lost in Alvadas
Clinging to your eyes
When your vision is gone
Oh little child
Lost in Alvadas
You could never see
Through the illusions he wove.

I'll see you in Alvadas Wrenmae, and i will make sure it's your final resting place.
Xi mulled over thoughts of murder and vengeance, Quelling them immediately the second he felt his flux seeping back into his arm. XI had to control his urges better or he would burn through his energy or rather "djed" with a extreme force and speed. Pulling it back slowly, he relaxed and let kalia work. He decided to change the tone of the conversation.
"Kali on a different note, have you been keeping up with your "practice"? If not find me some time and i'll give you some more lessons. Even as the pain pulsed over him Xi left a little smile of pleasantness on his face showing that his offer was genuine. After all he dint really have much else he could use to show his appreciation. Sides if Xi was seen spending more time with kalia that would piss his brother off to no end. Xi loved the idea of seeing leon's face livid with anger .

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on June 15th, 2012, 3:00 am

Kalila set down the box that she had been looking for next to Ximal before turning back to the Zith that was in one of the ward's beds again. Taking out a jar of the same warming balm that she had used on Roka, she opened it and began to rub it gently onto Shadowfang's ribs, being careful not to jostle him too much. "That isss no excussse Ssshadow, I know you can do better,"she said, her voice softer as her hands massaged the balm across his chest. "I am ssurrounded by blood all the time, I can sssee it and sssmell it. But that doesss not mean that I am going to lossse my control." Her words were meant more for Shadow than for Ximal, her voice soft. She then pulled her hands away before she grabbed a roll of bandages and began to wrap them around him so the balm would not wash away, sealing it with the resin. "I know you are sssorry, but no not become a ssslave to your dessiress,"she said as she wiped her hands. "Ressst for a little while now Sshadow, you will be fine." She leaned forward and placed her lips to his forehead in a calming gesture and watched as his eyes fluttered closed.

She then turned her attention back to Ximal, who was going to need a lot more attention, her eyes looking over the wounds on his chest and shoulder. She picked up the bowl of water and a few more rags and set them carefully on the bed before sitting on it herself and dipping a rag into the water. She then began to clean the cuts, noting him tensing under her ministrations. "I did not ssay you sshould not defend yoursself, what he did wass not right,"she began, rinsing the rag before going back to wiping most of the blood and dirt away. "But you are a sslave to your actionsss, now be sstill and let me work." She then placed the rag back in the bowl and then picked up the box she had taken out and placed it in her lap. Inside was a set of needles and packages of catgut sutures in oiled paper. After pondering which one she wanted, she finally picked out a needle and picked up a package of the sutures and threaded the needle, something else coming to mind. "Thisss iss going to hurt...and I apologize for that,"she said softly, looking up at him. "I do not have anything to give you that will dull the pain quickly...ssso please try not to move and I will get thisss over as quick asss I can."

She then leaned forward and placed one hand against his chest, taking the needle and making sure the threading was secure before she began, slipping the needle into his flesh and continuing. "I have not had the time to train asss much asss I would like,"she said, trying to get him talking to get his mind off of what she was doing. "Mosst of my time isss sspent here after all...."

oocI have permission from Shadowfang to mod his reactions a bit for the purpose of this thread, just letting everyone know :)
Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 15th, 2012, 4:04 am

Listening to kalia speak to shadow was almost like a mother berating her child. With that Xi felt a surge of pain shoot through his chest. Not from the cuts. He barely felt them. no this was a pain of something he'd never felt before. A longing, he'd been raised a slave since as far back as he could remember. He'd never known his parents. He'd never felt the compassion of a caring mother, nor the approval of a valorous father. No all he'd ever known throughout his childhood was pain, misery and scorn. The condescending look of the mistress of the house, and the painful blows of the master. Xi could feel his muscles clench, he chest tighten. For the first time in a long time, the feeling of being truly alone hung over his head. The hollow place in his heart aching. The only thing he'd ever used to fill it was rage, anger, and isolation. The idea that if he was always alone he could never feel what others did. Never have to experience the pain of letting someone in, never have to know the sadness of them leaving. Though through his isolation that void grew.

fearing that someone would notice something was amiss and see the actual fleck of sadness on his face he wiped the thoughts from his mind by pressing on the still sensitive nerves of his chest. Wiping all but pain from his face, before kalia turned to deal with him. Now she was trying to berate him, even as she wiped away the blood and dirt, his face contorted into what would look like pain, but it was mostly to hide the small smile that crept onto his face. Being 'told off' but without anger was refreshing, it was more the concern that did him well than much else.

Then she said it, he felt all colour drain fro his face, he felt all motion loosed from his body, without realizing it kali had activated that damnable curse that wrenmae had placed upon him, his face went blank. Not even reacting to the pain. He did as he was told, he was still. Motionless, akin to a corpse save for his breathing. Locked out of control of his own body Xi wanted to scream. He wanted to burst back into control. But he couldn't, he wasn't strong enough yet. His will was undeniable but he lacked the ability and knowledge to break the bonds of this accursed affliction. Xi's body did not move, his mouth didn' speak even as he felt the needle plunge into his tender flesh, the stinging pain of the soft nerves sent an antagonizing shock through his mind, but his body. It was as if it was made of stone. His mind swam in an ocean of pain and rage, whilst his body merely sat there like a piece of masonry. Even as she spoke he wanted to speak back to talk to her to tell him to let him go. To plead with her to release him. Then his one light in the mist of all this darkness came in the form of the thing he hated most about himself. His damned darker side. The beast that made it's home within him. Liros twisted grin and molten eyes of sheer madness glowered down at Xi.
In a spot of bother are we? She activated the curse and now your powerless over your own body. Yet it lies open to me. We have an agreement. Liro sighed audibly his face growing rather absent of anything except contempt. We do have an agreement, but the second this we are free of this gods forsaken curse, i will without any warning stab you in the back. Understood? We'll cross that bridge when we arrive at it. Now help!

Slipping into the void filled by Xi's absence liro pulsated the body, making the needle jerk a little and send a stab of pain through Xi's chest. Liro took a deep breath. Control once again and this time he was in control for as long as his grip would allow. Liro smiled, the body 's pain barely registering with him. The air of Xi's friendliness, darkening and shadowing into one of malice and malcontent. His tone of voice changed as well, from his normal low asn slow tone to one slightly faster and much more aggressive. The fire in his eyes replaced with an electricity that was like to shock kalia. Speaking in his voice of changed wants and desires. "Y'know you didn't have to use the S word. It dose strange things to this body. Ah, right you've not had the pleasure of meeting me before." LIros mouth twisted into a sick smile that was both charming anf frightening at the same moment. There was an air of willingness to hurt, an air of a hunger to torture, a thirst for murder and a need for control. Still Liro bolted his dark black blue eyes for stunning voltage into Kalia's shining golden ones. Meeting her timidity, with domination. "I am the darker side that sleeps within Ximal. My name is unimportant but i'm fond of being called Liro.Right now though you've managed to activate something that Xi had done to him unwittingly. You've activated a curse that a rather repugnant and pestilent mage named wrenmae managed to lay upon him. It forces him to submit to whoever calls him a slave. You did so unwittingly as i said, but i would ask that you release him or at the very least grant the homunculus a touch of freedom."

Liro left his eyes stabbing into hers, forcing his will into her. He didn't have the power of hypnotism but that didn't mean he was powerless when pushing his own way across. Letting the needle sit where it had stabbed itself Liro cracked his neck. A bad habit he'd picked up off of Xi. Still it had the advantage of making his neck feel looser. Flexing his left arm and pulsing his right fingers Liro let that smirk reappear on his face. "Take your time with the stitches, after all we don't exactly want them to pop loose do we? If you feel you need to double back over them that's fine as well. After all, this body isn't exactly a stranger to damage is it? Also kalia. Why is it you wear that veil? come now i've seen your face through Xi's eyes. There is no need to hide a face the beautiful from the world is there?" I didn't say you could try to seduce her did i? You didn't say i couldn't either. "Why not remove it? you'll have a better view of your work, and i'll have a better view of your face." Liro let that smile of malice and charm reappear. The grin of leading her down a path where she could be a puppet was his goal,but there was also that damned deal to adhere too. So why couldn't he have fun doing both at the same time. After all those who hid themselves usually had something to hide. Sequentiality tapping the finger tips of his left hand across his abdomen he hket his eyes bolted to hers.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on June 26th, 2012, 11:27 pm

The way his body stiffened made her realize that it must have hurt more than he let on, and she began to work as quick as she dared to, given the circumstances. The skin slowly began to come together, puckering slightly as she pulled it tightly together. She then reached for the rag again, squeezing the water and lemon juice mixture on to the cuts in an effort to stop the blood from continuing to flow. She then tied off the stitch before she wiped the needle clean, stringing another suture through before starting on the next cut. He started rambling after a few moments of silence, and the more she listened the more uncomfortable she got.

What was he talking about? Liro? She did not know him by any other name and began to worry that blood loss and shock were getting to him as she continued to stitch. His eyes though unnerved her, and she looked away from him and concentrated on her work, ignoring the jabs about her veil. She assumed that this was his way of getting his mind off of what was happening, and that was alright.....except his words were strange.

"You do not need my permissssion to do anything Ximal, you are free to do asss you pleassse,"she said softly, finishing up another cut and cleaning the needle before moving on to another one. "You are going into shock from pain and blood losss, after thiss I am going to inssisst that you stay here and ressst so I can keep an eye on you and you condition." Her tone Brooke's no nonsense and no compromise, and she fully intended to spike his water of she had to with something to make him sleep.
Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next