Healer of Ages Past to Healer of Ages Present (Alice)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 4th, 2010, 11:02 pm

The situation was odd, that was for sure. He looked up at the woman as the situation was explained. Taithrosa hadn't explored the arcane much in any of his memories, but he did remember having similiar powers while in the realm of his father. His face remained clear as she explained, and he briefly nodded in understanding as the woman explained their diagnosis of the situation.

The inner healer, though, scoffed. He was willing to believe that was part of the problem but with so little evidences other then what they thought. That wasn't the way of a healer. These woman clearly embodied many of the necissary aspects of a healer, but they lacked something important. They lacked the some times nessicary rough touch. They listened to the patients, which was critical, but Taith knew that if one only listened and let the patient diagonis themselves sometimes they failed. Sometime you had to play the bully and get them to do what was best for them and they didn't want to do.

He suspected there might be more to it then just overgiving. It seemed like it need to be looked into. The fact she had been a little strang for a while also suggested something, and then the rapid increase. Also as a hyno that would require her to be using her powers on people, and one would expect to see those effects.

His silver eyes turned from the woman long enough to look at another konti, he guessed the womans sister. He nodded in agreement that trying to get her to stop would be the best, but before he could move to run into the building the woman stepped off the edge as it to fly. "She if you can't grab a sheet to try and catch her with." The large Akalak said to the sister as he moved quickly. He quickly looked at her angle and the way she moved. He placed himself near the spot were she would fall. He hoped the sheet would arrive first as that would give them better coverage. If not thought he had prepared himself to move as needed and catch the falling woman.

In his mind he prayed. 'Rak’keli please give me the wisdom and strength to help this poor woman.' It was short prayer but filled with passion and pleading for help from the divine. Not direct intervetion but insperation and guidences.

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on July 14th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Perhaps the presence of the divine had never left him, or perhaps it had reappeared just when he needed it most. Anyway, Taithrosa felt it again, similar to the presence in the temple, but still subtly different. This was a new situation.

When faced with the precise command, Eceli simply nodded and turned back to whom she could get hold of. She was the most natural and down-to-earth of the sisters – which might have something to do with the fact that her looks paled in comparison to the other two –, so she had immediately understood the situation and necessity to shove things like etiquette and manners aside. Raising her voice, she passed on the need for a sheet. Suddenly everyone moved with more efficiency. The group had been given a common mission to fulfill. Up to then, they had tried to convince Ciela with empathic words. But since that had failed, someone had to step up as the leader and tell them what to do next. The situation had officially turned into an emergency – even more than it had been before – and many Konti weren’t used to dealing with emergencies. There were a few individuals who saw the necessity of being rough, but apparently the present group didn’t feature any of those.

Taithrosa, however, didn’t notice the evolving bustle. His attention was similar to being inside a giant bubble: his surroundings were blurred, noises subdued, except for the paved ground he was standing on and the person on top of the balustrade. Her clothing and hair was still swaying in the wind like in a beautiful painting … with the only difference that it was real. Absolutely real.

Just as real was the presence all around the Ethaefal. If he was calm enough to pause and reflect, he would find that it reminded him of the timeless existence in the divine realm. Similar, yet different. Strange how every moment was unique, but still some resembled one another to a certain degree. Perhaps the woman on top of the balustrade had experienced countless moments like this, detached from the rest of the world, alone and left to her own devices. Perhaps she had decided that it was enough.

Perhaps … Possibility captured Taithrosa’s mind and subtly turned into reality. Indeed, it had been like this. Indeed, she had made the decision for herself, alone. Somehow he could understand how she felt right now.

And when she leaned forward, pushed by Zulrav’s mischievous breeze, and her feet lost touch of the cool stone, he knew for sure that whatever he thought here and now would reach and mend her soul. She was flying towards him, like a soon-to-be ghost, a beautiful angel waiting for her savior.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 18th, 2010, 5:43 am

As the organized chaos of sheet finding settled in upon the group trying to find the sheet. Taithrosa turned his attention to the woman on the balacony. He felt that strange timelessnes that had started coming upon him since his enterance into Leths realms. His mind found the comparison strangle interesting, and understood deep down that this was what true understanding of ones mind could do.

Having lived in the the realm of Leth had been different then living here. The denizens of Leths realm that made it so that they could connect in ways that were impossible here upon Mizahar. He could see how one could feel alone here in this enclosed world. It was you and what ever was your focus, for him the woman, for her who knew, but it wasn't something one could share with others these moments would always be personal.

He watched her, as it had become only them. He knew that what ever he though would help her, would begin her path to healing. He opened himself to her to allow her to understand him better. He wasn't just anyone he was someone who understood being alone. He was an Ethaefal, a fallen son of Leth, removed from his home. Alone in the world.

She wasn't alone thought. He let her know that. He was here and understood her. Come to me he called to her. Come here. I will help you, you are not alone. You can contiune in this world and always know that others understand you lonliness, and you don't need to be loney anymore. Come to me, come to my waiting arms. You can talk to me. I can see as you see, and have seen as you have. Come and tell me about your lonliness, and lets whipe it away. Let me be your friend.

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on July 28th, 2010, 12:19 pm

OOCLet's end it with the next few posts, okay?

Her fall seemed to take bells. Their minds were opened to each other’s in a strange, but peaceful and beautiful way. Taithrosa saw what she had deemed painful enough to let behind in such a cruel fashion. She had done horrible things to herself and the people she loved. She hadn’t lived a single day without the fear of doing those horrible things again, just because she needed them. Needed the pleasure of that eerie power named Djed running through her veins. Taithrosa felt that her body was infused with the remains of too much magic. She had misused her natural Djed resources far too often. Suicide was the only way she could pay back for the crimes she had committed.

But Rak’keli was pure mercy.

Taithrosa had sworn to heal damage and cure pain and illness, no matter why and how they had developed in the first place. To him, it didn’t matter what Ciela had done. They were connected and he understood her, that was everything he needed to heal her. While he sent calming and comforting emotions towards her falling body, he saw that she was coming directly towards him. If he had the strength and courage to remain where he was, he would certainly catch her.

Still the impact let his knees buckle. Konti were lightweights by nature, but as a result of the deep fall gravity dragged him down. Just when he realized that he couldn’t carry the weight anymore, something was thrust in the hollows of his knees. Next he saw that he had been caught by the linen sheet and Ciela had rolled out of his arms. She was lying next to him now, unconscious.

But the rescue mission wasn’t over yet. Soft, yet strong hands helped the Akalak rise from the sheets and other hands wrapped Ciela’s lifeless body into blankets. Eceli appeared out of nowhere like she had before, but this time she flashed him a relieved smile. “Thank you so much for catching her! Nobody would have been able to carry her weight like you did. I don’t know what I can do to thank you, but …” Letting the sentence fade away she only smiled warmly and then left to look after her sister.

Although he felt a bit dizzy, his healthy Akalak body soon recovered. A tiny voice in his head said that the work wasn’t over yet. When dealing with overgiving and its symptoms of depression, hallucinations and paranoia, a true healer had to help the individual with changing their personality. Behavior patterns were firmly entrenched in everyone’s existence, so it took a long time and a strong will to change those. But Taithrosa knew that he had made the first step into the right direction – together with Ciela. When she awoke, he would have to talk with her about the next steps he wanted her to do.

By reacting quickly, taking the lead and catching her until the sheet had arrived, he had officially declared that her case was his responsibility. Each and every Konti healer sensed his gnosis mark, and because of that they would leave him alone with his patient whenever he wished. Wordless respect blinked in their eyes now.

Perhaps … perhaps everything had been destined to happen just as it had happened now. Rak’keli was watching him; that much was sure. And in a world like Mizahar and for a Goddess like Her, coincidence was just another word for destiny.

It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 8th, 2011, 3:33 am

Taithrosa felt himself opening up to the woman who leaped off of the balcony. He could feel the begining of the healers art coming over him as he opened himself. His large body was position perfectly under her fall there was more then his size to catching.

The impact was just that an impact, his body didn't break, but his body had to move with the presure, he was grateful thought to find the sheet ready and helping to support him as he came down in a controlled drop. His silver eyes looked at the face of the woman who came to his arms his mind excepting her for what she had done and who she was.

He looked up into the face of her sister as she congradulated him, but Taith couldn't do anything else besides nod his head. He sat for a long moment allowing his body to recover from the shock, but in this form he was an Akalak, the pinnacle of masulinity. He found that his body was quickly recovering from the shock of the impact.

He understood what it was that he needed to do next thought. He stood up and walked into the location. He didn't want to introdue upon the sisters in there relief but he felt that he should be there for her so that when she awoke he would be there to help guide her out of her. He knew that one of the best ways he could help would just to be an understanding heart and a strong shoulder. He moved throught the building and asked for directions takeing them as he was pointed toward his paticent. He didn't even question it, he had stepped forward, and the goddess had called him that was what he needed to do.

He would be there to help her through these times. He would listen to her and give advice so that she could overcome her addiction. He was a choosen and he had the mark. So it was that he found himself sitting in a chair, one that was just a bit tight for his large frame waiting. His Ethaefel half helped him to have the paticents to sit and think about how to best help and what would be the next steps.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on August 6th, 2011, 1:09 pm

It didn’t take long to find the room where they had brought her. The inn was a large building, almost as grand as the Opal Temple, and its corridors and rooms were arranged in a patchwork-like fashion, stacked over the restaurant and kitchen area. Two or three Konti in white robes passed him on their way out and directed him towards a room on the second floor. The door was open and revealed one of the guest rooms that were currently empty: bed, chair, desk and wardrobe, made of light wood. Decorative shells were scattered over the walls and around the single window facing trees and a pond at the back of the inn.

At Ciela’s side was yet another Konti who bore an eerie resemblance to her. The owners of Pearl Divers were triplets, Taithrosa might remember, so the Konti staring at him had to be Acil. Brushing powder white hair out of her eyes, she asked: “Would you like to be alone with her? Only for a few moments though. And thank you so much.” Her voice was cool, almost ignorant, but her gaze avoided his when she left the room and closed the door behind her.

Ciela’s body was still devoid of any life. However, when Taithrosa approached her, he’d feel some kind of energy humming around her form. His hands were drawn to her, the gnosis mark seemed to radiate warmth, and his mind was crystal clear. He had caught her... now he was responsible for her, and a part of his body, imbued with the gnosis magic of his Goddess, reacted to that promise.

Suddenly Ciela twitched under the blanket, her hands rose and her eyes opened: the color of fresh grass, staring at distant images. Her hands sliced through the air, reaching out for something, accompanied by a low sizzling noise. However, she couldn’t do it. Too weak, too exhausted, her hands fluttered down and rested atop the blanket. Her lips moved as she blinked and turned her head, oblivious to her surroundings or the visitor. If Taithrosa moved closer, he’d discern words in her monologue.

“Please... Don’t take it from me, don’t let me alone... I need it so much, I can’t live... It’s strangling me... Mother, you knew, did you? I don’t want it anymore... but I am weak, so weak. I can’t do it, can’t... stop it. All is lost... Don’t take it!” Suddenly she jerked up, face to face with the blue man.

“Who are you?” Her brow furrowed.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on August 8th, 2011, 3:47 am

Taithrosa smiled gentle at the woman, guessing she was one of the sisters. His handsome face followed her out and then turned to look at the woman he had saved. He sat next to her feeling the pull of the gnosis mark towards this woman. He had stepped forward and helped this woman. Taithrosa was positive that he had served as a healer in many past lives, and helping her had been right.

The Son of Leth leaned closer to the woman to listen to her as she spoke. She was losing something he could tell something that she had desperately clung to. He understood from his conversation that she was a magic user whoe was know for over extending herself. He wondered if that removed would help her.

He pulled his face back as she sat bolt upright. He smiled at her his white teeth flashing agaist the saphire blue of his skin. "I am Taithrosa Eldytia." He said in his deep accented voice with its archaic vowels. "I am here to help. I was the one who caught you. How are you feeling?" He asked it so that he could understand what else she was suffering from not because of politeness.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cachet on September 13th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Those emerald eyes stared into his for what seemed like forever as she began to slowly take inventory for what had happened.; for how she felt. She searched and then nodded some and ran a hand over her face gently. As if to see if all her tacit senses were still here. She breathed a few measured breaths and then nodded.

”I feel…” It seemed she was searching for the correct words to describe what she was feeling. ”better.” She was taking careful measure again. Not quite sure what had happened but she was a little shaken, Taith could easily see this.

But he had done something to aid her. He knew this, but how long would the good last? How long before she relapsed? A gentle voice cut through the void and gently into Taith’s mind. The whisper was familiar. He had heard this voice before.

You have done well, keep my mark. And remember I will always be watching.

The voice faded and Celia spoke again. ”I…..thank you Taithrosa. I am forever in your debt.” She looked ashamed as she looked away diverting her eyes and shutting down slightly. She was indeed ashamed of herself. But in her mind she had done what was necessary. What had to be done. She was a menace to society.

”I fear…you may have only made things temporarily better for me. What if it happens again?” She asked sincerity in her voice as she almost pleaded to the man before her. “What if you aren’t here to catch me again?

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Office

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on September 27th, 2011, 5:23 am

The silver eyes looked into the green eyes of the woman. He placed his hand upon hers with his eyes in hers. "It won't be easy. There will be trials in getting better." He said. His eyes held a depth and a wisdom that was strange in on who appeared so young. There was more to Taithrosa then a young healer who was blessed with the mark of the goddess. He had seen what was beyond this world and into the realm beyond.

"I will be here to help, and I know that your sisters will be here to help as well." He contiuned to look into her eyes. "Ending it isn't always the answer. There is still so much here in this realm. We will just need to find some way for you to contiune, something for you to focus upon."

He sat next to her for a while. "how are you felling? Does anything hurt, do you need food, or something to drink."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cachet on October 11th, 2011, 6:42 am

The woman looked content and seemed to take shelter in Taith’s words. She knew them to be true. There were indeed people here to help her and well she knew they would remain at her side. She didn’t know how she had missed it before now. But something about this fierce yet gentle warrior helped her realize what she had been neglecting all along. And finally she knew that she couldn’t keep doing what she did. She had to seek help because her family loved her. And this entire Isle was indeed her family.

“I see that now.” She spoke truthfully to him as she composed herself. “I think I could use some rest.”And indeed it had been a day to be remembered for him.

He had been tested and had indeed performed admirably. Had it been anyone else except this warrior the woman wouldn’t have made it. Had it been anyone else she would’ve died today. But even in hopelessness there was a light. Sometimes it seemed like a hopeless and lost light. But this light could grow, casting aside these shadows of doubt. Cutting through the inherit darkness to shine just a sliver of hope somewhere for someone. And that was indeed what Taith had done today. He had broken through the absolute darkness to reach this woman in her darkest place. All it took was one small light to chase off the shadows in a deep dark room…And Taith was this light for Rak’keli now. He was a healer.

OOCIf you wish to end here just let me know and we can do rewards.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Office

PreviousNext