Books, They be My Only Freinds... (Thaith)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Roebak As'karri on April 28th, 2010, 11:51 pm

Roebak nodded as he listenned, accepting enough, although he wished this person understood more of his cercumstances. If it had been him, he would have been driven to study it, learn everything about it, so that he could duplicate or control it. It did register in his mind that it was possible that only the Gods could control such things, but he refused to believe that that was the only possiblity.

Then Thaith asked where he was headed, so he said, "I was on my way to the library. I wished to borrow a few books so that I could study, and perhaps copy them if need be."
"Bravery is not the lack of fear, but the ability to act through fear."
Roebak As'karri
Any Fool Can Destroy Something

Words: 13410
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2010, 3:22 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 29th, 2010, 12:43 am

He blinked and looked over at the youth. Copy books. That was odd. Take notes he could understand but he remembered it always was easier to take the notes and if need be go an purchase the book, but to copy the book.

What they young man didn't realize was that Taith was only new to this world, and his race was rare. Taith didn't even know that there might be others like himself. Weather or not the information was out there Taith had no clue.

"What is it you are researching?" He asked his eyebrow raised in curiousity.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on April 29th, 2010, 2:02 am

Roe's body language stiffened uncounsiously before he could force himself to relax, but Taith may not have noticed the quick clench of jaw or shortened breath. Roe had been studying magic for a while now, but he had not expected to be put into such a dangerous spot as this so soon after beginning.

He said, "Oh, I just have a few questions on techniques of a trade I am interested in persueing. Its nothing monumental, I just need to copy a few paragraphs that I have been having trouble remembering correctly."

He hoped his ruse would fool this being, but one never knew. Either way he was ready to end this conversation quickly if he needed, either by running away, or striking out. Preferably neither though.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 29th, 2010, 4:35 am

What Roebak didn't realize was that his vague answer intriged Taith more then anything. Someone who would go to the trouble of coping a book really like the subject. Any one who liked a subject that much usually talked others ears off about it, unless they had a good reason not to say anything.

"Hmm. Well research is always a good way to learn more about tade." He was curious but figured it would be easier to find out if he didn't scare the quiet man off. "So what is you employement, if you have a job. I myself don't have one yet but hope to be a doctor soon."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on April 29th, 2010, 5:48 am

Now Taith had done it, Roe was onto a subject he enjoyed, but didnt have to hide, so he did in fact start chatting the blue humanoid's ears off. "I am a jewlery maker" he said rather proudly, "Iv made a deal with the local gem mines outside the city to buy gems and metals from them cheaper than I could at market, and Im going to begin selling peices at the local shops."

He continued on almost randomly about different kinds of stones and metals and crafting techniques for as long as he was left uninterupted, and he answered any questions he was asked. It was probably very easy for Taithrosa to see the difference in over all mood now that the short Akalak was talking about something he was interested in.

Roe of course was almost completely oblivious to any danger, from anything, as soon as he was talking about his art of choice. He was not a fighter, or a phylosipher, but an artisan, a craftsman of art and beauty, and he had the ambition and drive to be the best at it someday.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 30th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Taithrosa blinked as Roebak went off on gem crafting, and jewelry making. He listened as the youth went off about his recent activities and his deal with the mines. He nodded his head to see that the youth was active his efforts to improve his trade.

What Taithrosa also got from that was that he wasn't looking into jewel crafting while at the library. It was defently something interesting. "So how long have you beening working in jewelry?"
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on May 1st, 2010, 12:13 am

Roe paused from one of his explenations momentarily to explain his background with jewelry. "My Uncle Gemo used to make jewelry. He raised me, since my father died before my birth, and my mother died during child birth."

"He is the one that taught me about the craft. He recently left to sell his merchandise around the country, and he didnt plan to come back. He is very old and I believe he wished to retire soon." Roe clearly missed his uncle, although it only showed in his voice, the rest of him remained calm.

"Iv been learning about jewels since I was a boy, and now its my turn to make them, and sell here in the city."
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 1st, 2010, 1:14 am

He listened and nodded his head. The young man seemed starved for company that was for sure. Once they had found a subject he liked he just seemed to talk about it. "I am sorry to hear about your uncle. At least though you had him for as long as you did." Taith smiled. He didn't bother to mention one of the hardest things about his new life. Haveing not family, and having to find friends. Not that finding friends wasn't pleasent, but still just having those peope to talk to was nice.

His silver eyes turned and looked over the water below them. "Have you been many places or just around Riverfall?" He asked suddenly, his accesent voice interested as he turned his head back to the red skinned Akalak.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on May 3rd, 2010, 5:18 am

Roebak could here the sadness in his tall freinds voice, although he didnt know how to react really. Soon enough it was gone though, and the conversation moved on.

The young Akalak answered, "No, I grew up here, and I have not travelled much. I have no real wish to either, so I do not mind."

"What about you? I realize your time on this planet has been limited, but how long have you been here?"
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 4th, 2010, 8:29 pm

He turned and thought for a moment. "Days, I am not sure so much of the first days here was nothing more then a haze." He said stopping to look out over the water. "I was so alone, there wasn't anyone to great me. I climbed out of the water myself and walked to Riverfall." He didn't sound angry or upset just a statement of fact.

That was the way Taithrosa was, he liked helping others, but rarely though of getting the help for himself. He turned back. "Why haven't you ever wanted to see other places? I don't mean being a world traveler, just visiting other place and learning more about jewelcrafting in other cities and such?"
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext