Books, They be My Only Freinds... (Thaith)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Roebak As'karri on May 5th, 2010, 1:49 am

Roe just nodded at Taith's explenation of his arrival. He was not upset by his aquaintence's sad arrival, he saw it as only a fact as well, rather than an emotional struggle that it would have been for most others. He understood emotion, and felt them, but it was like there was a wall between them and him, and he could see them and tell they were there and what they meant, but they did not affect him.

As it was, he just remained silent until Taith made his next comment, one which required an answer. "Other places do not interest me culturally, and the knowledge of crafting they could teach me would be worse than useless until I have learned and mastered the techniques I can learn here."

He looked up at Taith, "Perhaps sometime in the future I may travel, but for now I am content to stay here and learn everything that is here."
"Bravery is not the lack of fear, but the ability to act through fear."
Roebak As'karri
Any Fool Can Destroy Something

Words: 13410
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2010, 3:22 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 6th, 2010, 12:15 am

Taithrosa nodded his head. "So since you have been here so long can you tell me more about the world and especially the Akalaks in the new world? There seems so few of us now, but I guess that is common ever were." He hadn't really had the chance to just talk with anyone about what was occuring so he hoped he would be able to get an update of what was occuring.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on May 6th, 2010, 9:18 am

Roe began his answer about Akalaks almost like he was reciting a text book. In truth, he very nearly was. "Since the time of destruction, Akalak's, as a race have dwindled significantly. Our home island was destroyed, and the city Riverfall was founded..."

He went on for sometime with his history lesson, which eventually turned to politics, and then onto culture. Culture was by far the shortest of the three subjects, since the race had retained much of its background since they had created Riverfell.

If Taithrosa had any specific questions, Roe did his best to answer them, although sometimes he did this in the form of another question. He could simply give the answers to Taith, but he would learn far more if he thought about it for himself. Roebak was not being arrogant in this habit, it was an unconsious reflex, to try and make others think.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 7th, 2010, 8:25 pm

Taithrosa stopped him before he had gotten to far. "Please don't repeat to me from a book. Talk to me about really is going on here in Riverfall and among our brothern. Nothing against your lessons but they are most likely writen by someone who tries to play down the issues."

Taiths silver eyes shown with depth as he looked into the eyes of the young man with him. They seemed to reflect a thousand life times. He might be new back to the world but he had returned with his capasitites. "Why is it that I see so few children around. I remember my own childhood among the Akalak and there were more then this." He said motioning over the levels below him.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on May 7th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Roe was slightly afronted by Taith's downplay of his beloved books, but he let it slide and said, "Very well. From what I understand, when the great desctruction happened nearly 500 hundred years ago, and since then our ability to reproduce has been greatly hindered."

"Most races cannot survive birthing one of our young, with the exception of the Konti, and the animal shifters. They do fine I believe, but there are few of them about, and the only times we find a new one is when they make a raid against the Zith in the Sea of Grass."

Roe still sounded like he was speaking from a text book, but that was simply the way he explained things. He spent so much time reading that it had rubbed off that badly. It was simply the way he worded things.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 7th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Taithrosa blinked and looked over at the youth. "That would be a problem." He said with a shake of his head. "We used to be so many, a large city full of us." He said suddenly wishing his memories were back. "How many Akalaks are there now?" He asked with some concern. He knew about the Konti now and was surprised that fertility was so hard now.

"That is sad. Is there any research into how to fix the problem? Have you heard?" He paused and waited for an answer. "Tell me more about Riverfall itself. Is it still part of another country?"
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on May 10th, 2010, 5:47 am

Roe answered Taith's questions unemotionally, even compared to his unattached kin with whom he spoke. "According to the books, there are only a few thousand Akalaks left, and I have not bothered to enquire into the methods of our races revival tactics."

As for Riverfall, Roebak said, "Yes, it is a part of a larger country called Cyphrus, and we are located on its southern border."

OOC: Forgive me if any of that is incorrect, I couldnt take the time to look it up just now, but he would have given correct information IC.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 11th, 2010, 2:27 am

Taithrosa looked at the man with a raised eyebrow intriged that he seemed so apathectic about the community in which he lived. His silver eyes looked over the young man. "Hmm, well I am sure I can ask around."

"What else can you tell me about this Cyphrus? Its capital, how is it governed? How much idenpendance does Riverfall have in this nation?"
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on May 15th, 2010, 7:01 pm

Roe started up again about the cities of Cypherus by saying, "As far as the capitol is concerned, there really isnt one. The four major cities stand relatively alone in the region. There is Riverfall here in the west, Kenash is to the north, Claridon is to the east and south, and Akvatar is; well, Akvatar is on an island south of Claridon, and barely counts as a part of Cypherus."

He continued in his odd accent, "The continent is divided up into regions, rather than contries. From what I can tell this division is based upon the premise of differing types of geographical landscape, rather than upon kingdoms and baronys."

OOC: This may or may not be true, I just made it up.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 16th, 2010, 7:03 am

Taithrosa looked back at him with an interested look. "Hmm, so more like the old days." He wasn't sure why he knew that, but he seemed to remember beliefs in the Akalak freedoms pre the rise fo the empires. He could really remember the stories assosiated with them but he was sure that there was something.

"So Riverfall is an independant city withing this Cyphurs region?" He looked interested some more. "So how is the city set up itself?" He feared he would get another route reading of some text book, but Taith needed to know these things.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext