Books, They be My Only Freinds... (Thaith)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Roebak As'karri on April 22nd, 2010, 5:47 am

TS: 25 of Spring, 510 A.V.

OOC: Let me know it this TS doesnt work for you, its completely random, and I have my entire season open.

Roebak was on his way to the library to look into something. He was curious about something he knew he shouldnt, but that wouldnt stop him. He loved to read books, and the library was like a second home to him.

When he managed to get a job it would be less so, but he didn't want to worry about that now. Now was a time for relaxation and enjoying himself as he explored the information world he could only find in books.

He smiled slightly in his delight at the thought of escaping into one of those precious items. Smiles did not often come to his face; he did not frown, but his expression was usually one of neutrality, except when he was faced with one of his passions.
Last edited by Roebak As'karri on April 26th, 2010, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bravery is not the lack of fear, but the ability to act through fear."
Roebak As'karri
Any Fool Can Destroy Something

Words: 13410
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2010, 3:22 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 26th, 2010, 12:37 am

The Ethaefal walked the streets of Riverfall his steps slow and measured. His Akalak form was dominate as Syna ruled the realm at this time. His steps while slow were firm, and his body commanded a presences. He was tall for a Akalak.

Taith was still trying to settle into his new life but it was difficult when the memories of a thousand lifetimes ran through your mind. He tried to keep them at bay but the fight wasn't working and the memories kept returning.

He was lost in thought and didn't notice it as he ran into another Akalak who seemed almost as lost in thought.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on April 26th, 2010, 1:50 am

Roe was so distracted with his thoughts of what he wanted to study today, the questions he needed to answer, that he ran smack into another Akalak.

This was an odd occurance for him, he was usually aware enough of his surroundings that he could dodge through traffic easily enough. As he looked up at his bumpee, he recognized the unsettled look of sudden changes in life that he himself was faced with.

He had to look up quite a bit to fully see the Akalak's face, as Roe was very short for a member of that race. Only 6' 2" he figured he was a full foot shorter than this blueskinned kin. It wouldnt have mattered anyway, but he said "Excuse me. I did not mean to jarr you." His speach was clipped, having an almost archaic accent to it, but it actually came from a lack of use.

He spoke so seldomly, even with his uncle when he had been here, that he had never really developed his pronounciation to the fullest, and his odd accent was the result.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 26th, 2010, 8:29 am

Taithrosa looked down at the smaller Akalak his silver eyes coming out of there lost thoughts. He blinked and then smiled. "I apologies." Taith was so new to the world that everyone sounded like they had an accent. He now longer thought in common or the native tongue of the Akalak, but instead though in the langauge he had spoken in the heavens. A tongue that no mortal tongue could speak.

So he himself had an accent. It was a strang one, almost as if it wanted to speak to something deeper then just your ears. "I was lost in thought. How are you this day. The name is Taithrosa Eldytia."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on April 26th, 2010, 3:18 pm

Roe noticed Taith's accent immediatly, even if he did not recognize what it meant. He instantly became curious, because most Akalak didnt speak like that.

He said, "I am Roebak As'karri... Where are you from to have that accent? I have never heard its like before." His accent continued to persist, and normally this would have bothered him, except that he was talking to a person who also had an accent, so for some reason it didnt seem as odd.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 27th, 2010, 4:04 am

Taith looked at him surprised. He had been the first person to ask him about his accent. He wondered if this man was the first person who actually noticed it or if he was just more brave in asking.

His silver eyes looked intently down at the young Akalak. It was odd since this mans mortal coils were older then his, but there was a great wisdom in the fallen son of Leth. His eyes had a depth and a wisdom that was strange in one who looked so young. "A place very far away. You would find it hard to believe." He said smiling. "I am not always what I seem."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on April 27th, 2010, 6:35 am

Roe was intrigued by this possible turn of events. He liked to study, especially new things, or actually, old things that were new to him. He was on his way to the library to borrow thier book on Voiding, although he never would have told that to anyone, magic was far to... unknown, for most anyone to accept.

Still, this Akalak's claims at being more than he appeared were interesting, despite the probablility that he was just being boastful, and there was nothing all that special about him except that he spoke oddly. Even so, Roebak said, "Try me. I am a very open minded individual when it comes to strange things."

He had cocked one of his eyebrows up challengingly with this remark, as if daring Taithrosa to both back out or step up to the challenge.
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 27th, 2010, 9:16 am

Taithrosa noted the challenge look in the red skin Akalaks face. His own silver eyes returned the look. There was still that strange depth to them. It seemed as if there was wisdom swiming through them. He motioned with his large hand for them to walk. "The best talking is done when walking." What he didn't mention was that it also took focus away from the sea of memories.

When they were walking Taith began to speak again his voice deep and soothing. "I have lived many life times. So many that I have lost count. At the end of my last life time, before the war of the gods. I believed my time was over and that I was to live at peace in the realm of my master Leth. Sadely though he felt my presences was still needed, and so has returned me to Mizahar." Taith said looking at the young Akalak. He wondered if he would be able to believe this story.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roebak As'karri on April 27th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Roebak agreed to the proposed walk by starting off, and from there walking next to his taller kin. Although, according to what Taithrosa said next, he was kin only in body, and his spirit was something else entirely.

The young Akalak replied to his new aquaintence's statement, "That is very interesting. And you can remember all of these lives?" At that point it was that Roe's intellect came up with another possibility and so he asked, "And how did you obtain this state of being?"
Roebak As'karri

Character sheet

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 28th, 2010, 11:23 pm

"I have memories but they are scattered and hard to orginize. So I couldn't tell any coherant story of my past life. About the only one I remember with any decency is my last one among the Akalak." He said his deep voice soothing.

"I am not sure how I got to Mizahar. I know that I feel but that is about all I know of the mechanics of it." He said with a shrug.

"So where were you heeding?" He asked brining the subject back to his red skinned cousin.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next