Epic Quest in the Sylira Region!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Paragon on June 11th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Sylira Epic Quest!

The Storytellers of the Sylira region have been busy plotting - and we are nearly ready to begin one of Mizahar's first Region-wide Epic Quests!

The season of the storm has passed, but the aftermath still clings to the land, in the form of wild djed and the havoc it has wreaked. In Syliras, the Knights - newly marked by the recently born Sylir - have become aware that the Windoak has changed. It has become more sentient, and now feels the pull of its fragment kin.

Factions across the region will scramble for the Windoak's sister fragment - each with different motivations. The Knights wish only to serve the Windoak, but others have more nefarious aims. The professors in Zeltiva jump at the chance of studying a Sylir fragment, while darkness brews in Ravok, as the Ebonstryfe plot to retrieve the fragment and return it to Rhysol.

These factions will collide in the arcane city of the Nuits: Sahova. But who will pay the ultimate price, and what will happen when the fragment is reawakened?

Players all across the region will be able to join in - though your characters must be available to travel, and ultimately end up in Sahova. Several Syliran Storytellers will be taking part and moderating threads to tell the story of this Epic Quest. The Quest will likely run from mid-Summer through Fall. This is no simple undertaking!

The plot will begin in Syliras, and our very own Chevalier will be posting up the first thread very soon! Each domain will have an opportunity to take part, so we hope many players will take part. I will post links to threads and events related to the Quest below as and when they become available. There will be opportunities to jump in from EVERY domain in the Sylira region, so be patient if there is no signup for your domain yet.

Keep your eyes peeled as all the action is set to begin over the next few weeks!
Last edited by Paragon on June 20th, 2012, 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Epic Quest in the Syliran Region!

Postby Paragon on June 13th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Threads & Events

Syliras:
Chevalier's Epic Quest Sign-up
Prologue

Ravok:
Verilian's Epic Quest Sign-up
Prologue
"War" - Ebonstryfe Attack Sign-up
Just a Simple Scouting Mission

Zeltiva:
Paragon's Epic Quest Sign-up
Prologue

Wildlands:
An Unavoidable Discussion - Fingers are pointed, tensions bubble in the camp...
Last edited by Paragon on August 2nd, 2012, 3:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on July 1st, 2012, 10:45 pm

Important Dates

OOCWill be slightly adjusted and added to with time.

45th of Summer - Syliran Knights and Co. leave Syliras, bound for Sahova.

55th of Summer - Group leaves Ravok.

70th of Summer - Ravok arrives in Nyka.

80th of Summer - Group from Syliras arrives in Zeltiva, and departs two days later on the 82nd.

10th of Fall - Ravok leaves Nyka by sea.

20th of Fall - Ravok arrives in Sunberth.

30th of Fall - Ravok leaves Sunberth.

35th of Fall - Travelling party (Syliras + Zeltiva) arrives in Sunberth. Ravok arrives in Sahova.

50th Fall - All other factions arrive in Sahova.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on October 9th, 2012, 10:03 am

Note to all Questers:

Please keep an eye on threads and/or updates within the Siege of Sahova thread (linked in my signature) and also within the Sahova forum itself. I cannot PM every single player every time there is a new opportunity, so if you want to jump into stuff, please be proactive and ask STs themselves. We will be approaching groups of players for smaller group threads soon as the real plot begins to unfold on the Undead Isle. Thank you for your patience.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jason Alexander on October 10th, 2012, 1:51 am

Maybe you can help me Paragon,

I messaged Chev requesting information on the status of the Knights and their company but havent had any word back. I swtiched jobs and had a vacation during August therefore was absent during that month. I am curious to how where I can "rejoin" the ranks using the excuse "I was there but in the shadows."

Doing so I would also like to know any information or a list of threads, the group had learned or went through during that time frame. Thank you for your help.

Jason

"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Paragon on October 10th, 2012, 12:22 pm

They are currently timelocked in Sunberth - and Mirage will have a ship thread to Sahova up for you guys soon :)
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jason Alexander on October 10th, 2012, 9:20 pm

So should I just wait until the ship to rejoin the quest or ...?
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Paragon on October 15th, 2012, 3:51 pm

All Zeltivan and Syliran players should take a look at this thread. The chaos begins in earnest!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on December 1st, 2012, 7:46 am

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

There have been questions, and rumours, but here's the official line on the supposed "timelock" of the Regional Quest:

Players will dock back in Sunberth on the 10th of Winter, and so are free to thread from that date onward...

ON THE CONDITION that outcomes of the Regional Quest in Sahova are NOT discussed IC until the outcomes unfold in real time. I hope that makes sense. So it's sort of a time lock mentally, but not physically XD

Happy threading guys!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook