Sylira Regional Quest (Ravok Sign-Up!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Verilian on June 19th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Deep beneath the waters of Lake Ravok, deeper than the deepest dungeon of the Black Hole, a giant of a man stood alone in a room, staring into the churning waters of a well. He was Silvas, and he stared into the Well of Madness. But this well was unlike any well found elsewhere in the world. The liquid that churned within was the essence of chaos itself, and with his pale eyes he studied the eb and flow of the madness that was Mizahar.

The djed storm had been interesting to watch. It was a glorious and chaotic event, one that gave Rhysol more strength than even losing his Voice took from him, but it was not the end of things. Something else was returned to the world, the opposite of chaos, and there was another. Something was disrupting the madness with order, and it was calling for it's soldiers...

Spring was a hard season for all the cities of Mizahar, and Ravok was no difference. With the loss of the temple, and the Black Sun in disarray, Ravok has fallen under the martial law of the Ebonstrfye. The Voice has not shown herself for an entire season, though it is said that she is out of Ravok on important business at the request of Rhysol himself. This has left Gru'tral, supreme commander of the Ebonstryfe, in charge of the city. Times have been hard for the Ravokians, but under the martial law the city has begun to rebuild itself. Most of the small structures have been repaired already, and the temple is well underway. Summer had come, and things were finally getting back to normal.

That was until the temple was shut down. The people working on it were ushered out, not by servants, or even agents of the Black Sun, but by the Druvin themselves. Silvas was among them, and Gru'tral, and many Druvin none could even name. The people were ushered out of the incomplete temple, and what must have been the entirety of the Ebonstryfe was stationed around the perimeter of the building, warding off any who might peer inside. Exactly what happened within was unknown, but some whispered that Rhysol himself attended the meeting of Druvin. All that was known was that afterwards the Ebonstryfe came less focused on the rebuilding effort.

Those who were in the know would hear that the Ebonstryfe needed mercenaries. A great mission was to be undertaken, but the storm had depleted their numbers severely. The Ebonstryfe was hiring mercenaries to embark with them on a secret mission. The only thing that was for certain was that they would have the opportunity to slay Syliran Knights, and that alone was more than enough to entice any Ravokian. And of course there would be monetary rewards, but all of it was in the name of Rhysol.

OOC

This quest, which is a part of the Sylira Epic Quest will begin on the 42nd of Summer. There is no telling how long it will last, but it will require any participants to travel, and eventually find themselves in Sahova for the epic conclusion. Participants will face great danger, possibly even including PvP combat, but the rewards will also be great. There will be a miza reward for all mercenaries, of course, but there is potential in this quest to receive gnosis, magic artifacts, and who knows what else. If you want to join, please post in this thread so I can begin tailoring the quest just for you (..and everyone else >.>)
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Rhakash on June 19th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Sign me up!
Rhakash
Player

Words: 14612
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2012, 12:51 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 19th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Clyde will definitely be coming along. You had him at "opportunity to slay Syliran Knights". Clyde has been wanting to get back at them, and the city of Syliras, ever since he came to Ravok and regained his powers.

Ooh, I hope he gets a gnosis, and a magic staff!
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kyra on June 20th, 2012, 4:44 am

Count me in, This is just what Kyra needs and the rewards are ideal.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on June 21st, 2012, 1:13 pm

Is there any possibility for a PC who has no combat skills to get involved?

I kind of want to join this quest, but Valerius doesn't know how to use a weapon, and he has no magic either.

He's more the kind of person who stays in the background and interrogates/tortures people.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Yaotl on June 22nd, 2012, 8:04 pm

Chance for Yaotl to prove her loyalty to Ravok? Why, yes. Chance to hurt those meddling Knights? Yeah!

Yaotl is in.
Yaotl
Let. Me. In.

Words: 16161
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 6:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raenfae on June 23rd, 2012, 12:55 pm

I do not have much in the way of fighting and skills yes, but I plan on changing that. Plus, the chance to gather ingredients along the way for...skills....is good. Sign me up please!
Raenfae
Player

Words: 11589
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hush on June 23rd, 2012, 10:21 pm

Id like to sign up, ill be in the area when this takes place.
Hush
Player

Words: 5772
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 10:55 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Malice on June 24th, 2012, 4:13 pm

This quest sounds like a lot of fun. Count Malice in. :)
Malice
Player

Words: 7802
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2012, 4:24 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Rezren on June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am

I've been lurking for a while and just knew I wanted to participate in this when I saw it. I finished one of the few half-baked characters I have written up and think he would be perfect for this!
Last edited by Rezren on June 29th, 2012, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rezren
Player

Words: 48037
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:09 am
Character sheet

Next