Birds of a Feather [Ignotus, Lunafang, Crivus]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Levi Athan on June 12th, 2012, 3:30 am

Day 3 of Summer, AV 512

There was a particular joy about days like today. Levi strolled idly through Zeltiva with little more than his hair in a ponytail, his hands in his pockets, and a mind full of jumbled plans and goals he needed to plot, carry out, and finish. To be honest, Levi was still thoroughly confused by how he was actually going to get around Mizahar, or where he would go after Ravok. It was the type of uncertainty that wasn't so desperate that it made men worry themselves to sweating or fret into hysteria, but it was the lingering doubt that every person felt when they were about to take a risk, big or small. That doubt is what kept Levi pondering of more and more options. Already he considered trying to purchase a few slaves from Ravok, thin and scrawny and worthless slaves that'd be cheap, which he could train and fatten up to be priceless pieces of merchandise. That or he could try and swipe another few unfortunate souls from Ravok for free and flee the city before he could be blamed. Either he was taking enormous financial risks, which could lead to long term catastrophe of his business, and ultimately life. Or he could risk death right off the bat.

Well, with great risk comes great rewards.

Levi, as he sauntered through the salty city of Zeltiva, remained unaware of a few very important details that was putting him in serious danger. The first was that he had a scent about him. Yes, he had his own scent, but thanks to the past four days living so close to a Zith, whom he had captured in a small camp not far from the city. Lunafang. Levi had no idea that the faint little hairs from her body had clung to his clothing, entwined in the fabrics that kept him from the wind, and most importantly, gave off the scent of Lunafang to anything that had a spectacularly strong sense of smell. Secondly, there was something with just such a sense of smell and was, for some reason, interested in it.

Of course, Levi was as oblivious to Crivus's presence as he was to the relationship Crivus and Lunafang held for each other. Yet, just by mere coincidence, Levi had chosen a victim that had friends, wild monstrous and viciously deadly friends. One would think that such a creature would be easily observed, a melanistic jaguar, but there was a catch. He was a Kelvic, he had, at least at some very basic level, and understanding of people and society, enough to either maintain human form within city limits, especially when hoping to avoid detection, or straight up stealth in kitty-cat form. Regardless, Levi was unaware he was being stalked, or that he was leading his would-be assailant right back to his camp, where the caged Lunafang and his new business partner Ignotus, waited.

Levi, as casual as he had been all day, moved towards his camp, eventually crossing the gates of Zeltiva, and into the wilderness.

In a matter of minutes, Levi would be reunited with his new comrade and his new merchandise. That, and he would meet the (possibly) enraged friend of a Zith.

"Ignotus, I've returned, though I can't say my options have become any more favorable."
Levi Athan
A True Businessman

Words: 34344
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2012, 12:18 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Crivus on June 12th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Crivus had been searching for Luna for a few days. One day, she didn't return to the cave where she and crivus were staying. At first, Crivus thought nothing of it. But after a while, he grew concerned. He had started to search for her away from the zeltiva, but finding nothing, decided to look around inside zeltiva, to see if he could find anything to help him find her.
Then crivus smelt something... Familiar. "Luna's scent?" He wondered. He followed the scent and found it coming from a strange, bearded man. "What is Luna's scent doing on this man?" Crivus pondered. "Did he kill her?" He felt rather upset at this thought, though he wasn't sure why. "No, I don't smell her blood on him, so he probably didn't kill her. So why does this man have luna's scent on him?" Crivus at first planned to walk right up and ask him, but thought that this man might lie to him, as so many humans do. So Crivus decided to follow the man in secret, keeping some distance between them.
The man soon left the gates of Zeltiva, going into the wilderness. "Is Luna outside the city after all?" He asked himself silently. "Maybe I can figure out what happened to her." Crivus let the man get further ahead as crivus undressed so he could shift at a moments notice, then followed him by scent. "Hopefully he didn't notice me following him." soon, a small camp became visible among the trees. "Ignotus, I've returned, though I can't say my options have become any more favorable." He heard the man say.
"Who is Ignotus?" Crivus wondered. As he drew closer to the camp, he began to make out cages. "A slaver caravan?" Crivus then noticed a shape in one of the cages. "Who or what is that? Could it be Lunafang?" he asked silently. As he neared the edge of the camp, he could make out the shape in the cage better. "Yes, that is Luna!" he thought. Then suddenly feeling angry, he yelled at the man, "Who are you, and why the petch is she in a cage?" Gesturing in Luna's direction, secrecy completely forgotten. "Let her out now!" Crivus didn't understand this anger, but he couldn't quite back out of this now. only then did he notice another man, and thought, "this must be ignotus."
Last edited by Crivus on June 15th, 2012, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey, i wont be able to come on miz much at all over the summer. i have no access to wifi unless i go to a cafe with it, and i can't go on miz on grandmas comp (moms rules, not lack of comp abilities). so yeah sorry about that.
Crivus
Player

Words: 7327
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2012, 4:12 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ignotus Everto on June 12th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Ignotus had been sitting on a gnarled old stump a small ways away from Luna's cage, watching a small wispy ball of Res trail around his outstretched index finger. The day up to this point had been exceedingly uneventful, and he hadn't felt much of am urge to leave the camp. After all, there was perfectly good entertainment in the form of the Zith, and plenty of room and privacy for practicing. Indeed, a handful of trees were sporting round fist-sized scorch marks. He wanted to work on his glyphing as well, but he had yet to find anything to paint with.

His head perked up at the sound of Levi's voice, and his eyes widened as he saw what trailed him. At once he sprang to his feet, glaring at the intruder. He hadn't time to think of anything particularly creative, so he simply tried to intimidate Crivus in the small window of opportunity he had. On impulse, Ignotus also decided to test something on the Kelvic. When their eyes met, a vague undercurrent of dread filled Crivus, and his own voice intoned in his head: "And he's a Reimancer..."

Ignotus might not be a skilled enough Hypnotist to send him scampering off with a gaze, but he could still give him pause. The ball of Res Ignotus had been playing with shifted position to above the center of his upturned palm, and four undulating strands of the glowing green vapor drifted out of his sleeve, between his fingers, and collected around the slowly expanding nucleus. After several seconds, the pea-sized orb had become a fist-sized sphere whose surface rippled like disturbed water.

He almost winced from the concerted effort. Reimancy had never been his strong suit, and he had no desire to press his luck with this nude nutter. As such, he hoped that a simple show of force would be able to diffuse him. With a cry of "Vaknui!" the surface of the globe burst into flickering orange flame. There it remained, floating a couple inches above Ignotus's hand as he growled. "Kneel..." He stared at Crivus as he waited for him to react, not even affording any time for blinking.

Should the fool calm himself, he would be ready to present the obvious course of action. "Even if I could avoid him, he's standing right next to Luna, and she can't dodge a thing in that cage. If I fight, she could be burnt to a crisp..." A nice image of her charred corpse to really drive the message home would do nicely as well, he thought. But that was only if the Kelvic paused. Only if this hero halted long enough to think, would Ignotus think for him. A second passed. "Well?" he said impatiently.
Last edited by Ignotus Everto on June 16th, 2012, 3:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Lunafang on June 12th, 2012, 11:57 pm

Luna sat lazily in her cage, patiently awaiting the return of Levi. He fed her, and every let scrap of food she could get was enough for her weak body. They had been giving her less and less food, so much now that you could see her ribs. So food was like a blessing now.

Levi came in, and she thrashed around happily in her cage waiting for meat. But she was interrupted by a loud yell she had heard before. It took her scones to realize...

It was Crivus.

Had he come to save her? Luna ran over the possibilities, yes, he had grown to like her, even though Luna saw him as a potential slave. Her eyes flickered, and she gazed at Crivus with a deathly stare. But soon, things got real ugly real fast. The Nuit threatened him to shoot some sort of ball, and Luna was right behind him, so if Crivus somehow managed to dodge it, Luna would get hit and surely die. Whatever sort of thing that was hovering over the Alien's hand wasn't good.

"Crivus!" she commanded, "Get down, I am your master, I order you to get down on your knees!"

Her eyes were wide with fear.
Lunafang
Born for the Night

Words: 14995
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2012, 6:46 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Levi Athan on June 15th, 2012, 2:29 am

indent"Let her out now!"

indentLevi heard the voice behind his roar aloud, just about the time Ignotus jumped up from his seat, alert and ready to kick some serious ass. Levi himself spun around to find this new threat, and from his side the trusty axe was drawn and balanced in his closed palm. Levi didn't particularly consider releasing Lunafang for a second, especially not because the trespasser seemed thoroughly unarmed... and unclothed? Levi found this strange to be honest, though it was summer and they were outside of the city. Still, it was an odd sight at least. "I don't think I'll be doing that stranger. How about you do just as my companion here commands before I cleave your head from your shoulders and we feed your thoroughly charred corpse to the Zith woman?" It may have been unnecessary to say such things, but Levi had to make sure he sounded at vicious as he would try to be, should the need be there. He preferred a quiet concede of this wild naked man over a fight, but he felt fairly confident that he and Ignotus together could take him without much effort. The man was unarmed, and didn't really have anyplace to conceal weaponry.

indentThen, when Levi heard the Zith scream at Crivus, using his name and obviously knew the man, he couldn't help but grin. He took the opportunity of new knowledge (He now understood these two knew each other well) and boarded the cart, placing the cage with Luna inside between Crivus and himself, making it quite impossible for him to reach Levi without a good deal of time. Through the bars, he reached through and grabbed a handful of Lunafang's hair, and with one fierce jerk, pulled her head against those bars and put the blade of his weapon mere inches above her shoulder. One swift vertical chop would cleave deep into her chest, a second into the heart, a third completely through her lung. "Crivus was it? Why don't you have a seat right where you are before I make a nice little show of your friend here? Hmm? Wouldn't it be a shame to get yourself killed, right after you fail to save her?" Of course, both Ignotus and Levi knew he wouldn't kill Lunafang. She had value, she was the whole reason they were in this situation, and she was the first step in their road to fortune.

indent"Ignotus, if he so much as twitches, I want ashes." Now that Levi was in quite the favorable position, he overlooked Crivus a second time, this time more thoroughly. He was fairly strong looking, he had no obvious deformities, limps, mental weaknesses (except that he was against not one, but two advanced minds at the moment), and obviously had all the necessary parts to be a sex slave, should some hungry woman out there want such a thing. Levi's mind was ticking, wondering if it'd be better to kill him, just to ensure their little secret remained so, or if a few extra coins could be worth keeping him.

indentOnce subdued, Ignotus and Levi could discuss his fate.
Levi Athan
A True Businessman

Character sheet

Postby Crivus on June 15th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Crivus thought that he had the element of surprise, but then a sense of worry came over him. "This isn't the time to second guess my decisions like this!" Crivus thought frustrated. "But this man has no weapons, so maybe he is some sort of magic user." Crivus worried. "Now is not the time to worry about this!" Then, he noticed some sort of orb floating above Ignotus's hand. "What is tha-" Crivus started to ask when Ignotus shouted some strange word and the orb burst into flames.

"Keh, I guess I will just have to dodge it." Crivus thought, forcing a grin. But then Luna shouted, "Crivus! Get down, I am your master, I order you to get down on your knees!" Crivus turned to Luna, "I come here to save you and tha-" but then he noticed the fear in her eyes and he calmed down slightly, and suddenly, a realization hit crivus like a blow. Even if he dodged Ignotus's fire ball, Luna wouldn't be able to get out of the way in that cage. "Petch! I'm an idiot!" Crivus muttered to himself.

Then the man he had followed to get here positioned himself with Luna and the cage between them, then the man grabbed her hair and got ready to put an axe in her if Crivus even moved. "dammit! How did everything go so wrong so fast?" a deep growl of anger and frusration started to emanate from crivus as he bared his teeth at the two men, but he slowly got down on his knees, realizing there was nothing he could do now. "I guess I should of just shifted and ripped you apart." he said loud enough to be heard, not realizing the consequences that might develop from his revealing that he can transform.
hey, i wont be able to come on miz much at all over the summer. i have no access to wifi unless i go to a cafe with it, and i can't go on miz on grandmas comp (moms rules, not lack of comp abilities). so yeah sorry about that.
Crivus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ignotus Everto on June 19th, 2012, 2:37 am

The Nuit laughed, a cold, mocking sound that also served to carry his message when Crivus turned his back to him. "You've never seen a Reimancer before, my boy?" He jeered, his eyes flashing dangerously. "Hardly fitting for such a young master, hm?" Ignotus had not seen a Kelvic before, and Crivus's claim to shifting struck him as a Morpher's boasting. A boast he felt he had to meet. "Please, give me an excuse to demonstrate... It would only make my day so much better." A crooked grin split his features as he took a step to his left. The ball of fire in his hand bathed half of his face in a deep orange light, while the other remained as bone-white as ever.
"Or you can just kiss the dirt now and make my job so much easier... Really, it depends on whether or not you value your dear master and your own skin, or if you don't." He said casually. Crivus was a threat before, and while he may still prove dangerous, there was little to no chance of dodging the first bolt now, and a man with an axe was still a man with an axe. Better yet, he had swallowed Levi's threat.

The man kneeling before him was as insignificant as a mouse to him now, and it was already getting Ignotus drunk on the feeling of power. To hold such a pitiful creature's life in his hand, to have bested what he thought was a fellow wizard before the fight had even begun, to have true, immediate, and absolute power... Well, he hadn't come to Levi for anything less. "Does talking count as a twitch, Levi?" Ignotus crooned, turning his hand halfway towards Crivus. For a moment, he glanced over at Luna. He cared for her, clearly. Indeed, any amount of pain he could cause wouldn't hurt nearly as much as watching a beloved lord scream. But not yet. This fool was still relatively unrestrained, and ticking him off would not be helpful. But soon he would be, and then... Then he could have some more fun. He waited for a second to see if she would meet his eyes. Not that he was planning on implanting a thought. Keeping the fire bolt hovering and intact in his hand took enough out of him without adding anything else taxing to the mix. Just a little hunch, just that tingling feeling at the back of one's mind, the sour sense in one's stomach when they realize: "I'm next..."
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Lunafang on June 19th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Luna's eyes widened in horror, as Levi yanked her head onto the bars, nearly knocking her out. A sharp pain spread through her head, and her scalp could not be any more irritated, and hurting. She could feel a headache coming on, and the world felt dizzy...

She could barely see too. The sun's glare made her next to blind, and she was dreadfully tired. Daytime was not ideal for a Zith. But out of all the pain, and horror, and tiredness, one thing did happen that Luna could thank the gods for. Crivus luckily took Luna's pleas into mind, and dropped onto his knees. Now all Luna worried about was what Levi would do to him, not what Crivus would do.

Luna hoped Levi wouldn't put them in the same cage though, it was terribly cramped. One more person in here, and the cage would explode. It was already hurting Luna's wings. They had nowhere to spread, and it was like that for days.

"Good Crivus," Luna hissed.
Lunafang
Born for the Night

Words: 14995
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2012, 6:46 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Levi Athan on June 21st, 2012, 11:33 pm

Levi wouldn't dare admit it, but even with so many odds stacked against the nudist/would-be vigilante/savior-of-Ziths he felt extremely anxious with the situation. Where he and Ignotus both knew Levi wouldn't kill Lunafang, not like that, not so soon, not before she proved herself unreasonable and difficult to control. Yet, when Cirvus lowered himself to his knees, Levi felt his unintentionally firm grasp on Lunafang's scalp ease. It took him a moment to realize that he had probably forced a bit more pain upon her than either necessary, or meant to. He would have apologized, if she wasn't any better than a clay vase to a potter or a crafted chair for a carpenter. She was only merchandise. "Talking? I leave you to that judgement, Ignotus. I personally would like to question him for a moment before his demise. Get ready to kill the Zith he he dares try anything." Levi nodded slowly to his companion (and no, he still did not trust him completely, he was too sly and witty for Levi to feel comfortable around).

Levi stepped down from the cart, his axe in one hand, manacles in the other, and his nerves still pretty high. If Crivus so much as sneezed, he'd probably startle Levi enough into cleaving his arm off. The slaver circled Crivus slowly, examining him like he was no more than a dog that was available for purchase. He looked healthy, strong, had some aggression to him (maybe Ignotus could break that), but could easily be a laborer in some mine, plantation, or even guard to a merchant. "I'm curious, Hero." Levi offered the title hero mockingly, as time progressed he felt less and less discomfort in the situation. "Shifting. What does that mean?" And as Levi spoke, he delivered a fierce kick into the Kelvic's bare back, right between the unguarded shoulder blades, which would likely (and intentionally) drop him to the ground, face first, or onto his hands and knees.

"Put your hands together, we've got a lot to talk about." Levi finally offered a sly grin, and assuming Crivus obeyed, he would shackle his wrists together, which would drop any true danger Crivus had, down to almost nothing.
Levi Athan
A True Businessman

Character sheet

Postby Crivus on June 27th, 2012, 1:43 am

"Dammit! I want to crush this mans skull! But I have no idea the extent of his power or his speed. I could get myself killed if I'm not careful" Crivus thought to himself in anger, "I will just have to bide my time until I see an opening." Then Ignotus started mocking him. Crivus then started to mutter quietly, "I'm going crush your ugly head! The moment you turn your back, or in a lapse of concentration, I will rip it right off!"

Ignotus seemed very weak physically and... he smelled of death? "Thats a little strange." Crivus thought to himself. "Well it makes no difference in the end." Crivus completely ignored Luna's praise. Then the other man, who Crivus presumed was Levi, said something. "He wants to question me? That might let me get a chance of killing those two." Levi then stepped down and away from the cart. "Big mistake." Crivus thought gleefully, "Now I just need some way of stopping Ignotus's fire ball thing."

when Levi came closer to Crivus, Crivus noticed that Levi smelled of fear. Crivus grinned and said, "I can smell your fear, Levi." But the scent soon faded, and Crivus lost his grin. Then Levi asked what Crivus had meant by shifting, Crivus thought that a stupid question, not knowing the magic discipline, or any other shifting races. But Crivus answered anyways. Or at least was about to when Levi kicked him.

Crivus dropped onto his hands and knees. Crivus was about to shift right then and there before stopping himself, remembering Ignotus had a fire ball he could throw at any moment. Crivus coughed since the kick winded him slightly but then said, "It means I'm a kelvic. What did you think it meant?" But Crivus refused to put his hands together for the shackles.
Crivus
Player

Character sheet

Next