I'll Take the Wife, You Take the Child (Evalin)

Rhakash runs into someone new while sating a craving.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Rhakash on June 13th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Timestamp: Summer 5th, 512 AV
Time: Morning
Who: Evalin

Rhakash was leaning against a stone wall on the outskirts of The People's Market, his dark eyes following a beautiful woman as she carefully picked her way through various produce. He'd seen her a few days ago as he was hauling goods from the docks to the market, right when his craving was beginning to rear its ugly head. Her Chevas Mark just beneath her ear hadn't gone unnoticed, a habit he'd picked up early on. And now, days later, his craving was at its peak and needed sated immediately. He smiled, and wove his way through the crowd toward where she was, sidling up next to her. He began looking through the vegetables with a basic knowledge, and a feigned interest. He could feel her eyes glancing over at him, but he continued perusing as if nothing was amiss.

She had picked out a few gourds and was haggling with the merchant as to the price of them. The price was fair, and by Ahnatep standards, her bartering skills were barely existent. He decided he would get himself involved. He quickly began sifting through the bottom of the piles until he found a few bruised gourds. Out of the occupied merchant's sight, he pressed his thumb hard against one of the bruises, until it cracked the thick skin, juice weeping out. He did this to another, then held both up, looking at the merchant, "You dare charge her that much when you have damaged goods spoiling the lot?! This is ridiculous, how do you even keep your pathetic stand open with such shady business dealings?" He spit down on the merchants goods and tossed the damaged vegetables at the man, turning to storm off. The merchant blushed deeply in his embarrassment, apologized to the woman and gave her a cheaper price, as well as several more for free.

"Oh I can't take these, I wouldn't be able to carry them home, but thank you for the offer."

Rhakash smiled out of her sight, and then quickly stifled it, turning back to her, "Allow me to carry them for you, this man needs to pay for such a travesty and disgrace." The woman smiled timidly and shrugged, at which Rhakash scooped up her goods in his four limbs and turned, "Lead the way... Oh how rude, I am Shakahr. And you are...?"

One again, timidly and meekly, she replied, "Melena. Melena Cranton."

She began walking northward toward what he assumed to be her home. She didn't approach the nearest canal, so he figured she lived pretty close. He followed her lightly, not making further attempts at conversation, picking up on her shy nature. She arrived at a doorway to a two story home, and she fumbled with the key. Unlocking it, she poked her head inside, "Honey, we have a guest, he helped carry home the groceries," she turned back to Rha, "Come on in, you can set them on the table. Would you like anything to eat or drink? Is there something you're craving?"

He smiled at her, "No, I think I have everything I need. Thank you." He entered her home, and followed her into the kitchen, setting the gourds down. He could hear the floorboards overhead creaking as two sets of feet were moving around. One, a quicker patter came downstairs, "Mommy!" as the little girl hugged her mother.

Shyke.
Rhakash
Player

Words: 14612
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2012, 12:51 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Evalin on June 13th, 2012, 6:10 pm

It is time... Finally, I have found it.

Through the crowed this figure cloaked and hooded moved, pressing aside the maze of bodies with the end of her staff, My time has come, and now... now after so much searching I shall have that which I seek.

There... A flash of auburn curls, and lightly tanned skin... A simple dress rested upon thin shoulders, rather out of place with the rest of the beauty which it adorned. This woman who moved with such confidence and grace... though she know it not, her life had come to an end...

A smile broke upon those grey lips, a ghoulish grin that shown out with hideous intent, Be it now my time... come to me my dearest mortal, and allow me to consume your light...

Moving closer, a single greyed hand reached forward, closing the distance between hunter and victim, but then something changed. Suddenly another figure appeared, a body darkened from time caught in the light of Syna... and four arms sculpted from the finest clay. Pausing, Evalin withdrew her outstretched hand and retreated several paces back, turning to examine some of the wares before her. From within the darkness of her hood the woman gazed out upon this new existence, this one who would take what was hers.

This man... Never have I seen one of his like, but what matter it who he is? Evalin turned and walked from the man who was busily selling his wares, moving to stand just a bit closer, acting as if she were examening the next vendors items, yet ignoring completely what was being said about them, Be this but a small set back?

Unless he is after the same prize...

This gave the woman pause, and those lifeless eyes looked upon the man with a new suspicion, Surely this cannot be... yet even as this thought passed into existence the man was already moving away with the body. A frown touched the nuits lips as she ground the end of the staff into the dirt, Never shall I allow that which is mine to be swept from me so easily... Tsenrika, let us follow.

Stepping away from a rather disgruntled merchant, Evalin once more plunged into the mass of bodies, brushing them aside with little regard to stealth. One hand moved to touch the sapphire necklace, a hiss escaping her lips, "Release..."

The surface of the gem shimmered, flowing out in a stream of silver and blue until it formed into a floating ball about the size of a human fist. Upon its surface the entire world was reflected. Moving steadily still, Evalin brought the familiar closer to her eyes, "We must not lose them... That body will be mine."

The icy chill from within the familiars mind brushed against that of the immortals, slipping within the fabric of her thoughts to whisper,
What matter it to me...?

Her frown deepening, the woman tossed the orb higher into the air where it then turned to float just above her left shoulder, If this body be not mine, then we both be at risk of losing our existence... It would be well within your interest to see that this does not come to be.

There was silence for an endless moment as the girl struggled to keep the pair in sight, but then that voice of ice echoed once more,
Be it so...

Moving forward, the orb floated down do ground level, weaving in and out of the moving masses of legs to gain ground on the fleeing backs. Evalin followed after, guided by the gentle tug of her connection with Tsenrika until, finally, all was paused before a two story building. The figure cloaked in darkness turned her eyes about the place, not spying the ones whom she sought.

Where have they gone Tsenrika?

The Familiar floated to bob slowly above her right shoulder, whispering soft words within her mind, Within the building... The man ventured inside as well.

Rapping the staff twice upon the ground, the woman looked up at the structure which now stood a defiant obstacle before her. What was there to do now? What could be done? Shaking her head, Evalin moved to stand within the shadows of the building, contenting herself to wait for... the next opportunity.

Time... time is a luxury which I am gifted with. I shall wait... for if the woman be gone, then so shall I gain a new prize instead...

Hand moved to touch the reflective surface of the familiar, Move you to a place of better... observation. We must find a way to the body, one way or another... With that command the orb floated to a position just over the door, awaiting the chance to slip in and report to his master...
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on September 22nd, 2012, 8:10 pm

Tsenrika's motions stilled as the creek of the door was heard and a figure appeared shadowed in the doorframe. It was the man... his shape upon the threshold of her target caused the woman's eyes to narrow, Curse this mortal for standing between I and what I desire... Let him burn in the fires of my wrath upon the days end...

Beyond his shadowed back Evalin could see the figure of the woman with glorious auburn hair, and her voice rose in a laugh at something that was said. The door was opened wider, and in an instant the shimmering orb shifted and dived into the newly made passage, disappearing inside the house as the man and Evalin's body to be stepped out. Her frown deepened as she watched the pair begin progressing down the path back in the direction that they had come. Evalin's hands tightend about her staff as she watched, Be damned that man. My prize be stolen from me this day it seems... For even now as she watched the immortal could feel a strange presence about the Eypharian, He be of Uldr's ranks as well, and so surely this prize be swept from my grasp...

Drumming her fingers along the wood of her staff, Evalin's eyes returned to the house. Within her mind a series of thoughts and pondering flooded her consciousness with plans of black revenge, yet just as she was to voice these thoughts to her bonded the chilled voice of ice broke through the raging flames of her annoyance, Within this home there resides not one, but two hosts... Be you not overcome by despair yet.

Evalin paused in her torrent of loathing musings to send forth a curious query, Be that ever so my dearest Tsenrika? What be she? A woman of great standing, or perhaps the relative of either man or woman?

The child of the woman...

Evalin's mind halted over what was spoken, and an eyebrow raised in skeptical curiosity, A child you say... My dear Tsenrika what matter it to me that she bear a child? I can take not of the body of a child any more than you can walk through the flames of Ivak.

The Familiar did not reply for a chime, but when he did his voice slipped through the cracks of Evalin's annoyed mind to whisper sarcastic words as cold as Avantha's winter gusts, Time be not on your side... Think you to turn down the chance to gain a new form at this point? Ponder you well where you stand oh fetid husk of humanity...

Icy words spoken from one who knew her so well stung deep within Evalin's subconcious, yet her mind did not waver nor overlook the wisdom hidden within the sarcastic twists of logic and reason. For an endless moment the woman stood perfectly still, her crimson eyes upon the closed door... but then a sigh washed over those paled lips and those eyes of blood closed for teh briefest moment, Speak you well Tsenrika... But rather I would that it be not so. Loath I to take of this child, yet still... A small smile lit those lips as shimmering red points oppened once more, Never before has this one done such as take upon her shoulders the form of a child... and what better way to pierce the hearts of these fools than whisking away that which they hold most dear.

Straightening her back and raising her head high, the woman issued a command through the link shared by her and the floating orb, Very well then my dear Tsenrika. Bring the child to me, and let us reign suffering upon this house which would cause me such inconvenience.

The sound of slight amusement echoed between their bond, As my master commands...

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on November 23rd, 2012, 4:11 am

Evalin felt the strain on their bond as the Familiar traversed the house, moving from room to room in search of the child that would soon be her new host. Tightening her grip upon her staff Evalin cast her mind to Irylid, Be she found yet my dear Tsenrika? to which was replied, Soon enough...

Mumbling softly under her breath the immortal felt a strange feeling that was almost alien to her now... impatience. What a strange concept for one who looked upon the vastness of time as if it were standing still. It seemed to go against her very nature, nay her very title as immortal to be troubled by the ticking clock, yet even so she felt it. The slow agonizing passage of ticks to chimes as the river flowed passed her into the void of forever more.

The child is simple minded to say the least. What a shame to end such a life so early in its time... Evalin rolled her eyes, growling to the familiar bound to her very soul, What matter it if she be small and innocent? She is little more than a tool just as the others. Bring her forth and let us be done with this at last.

Another few chimes passed, and while Evalin pondered some other dwelling tasks she felt the press upon her mind grow stronger, and just as she looked upon the portal out stepped a small child, hair like raven's feathers who held the familiar in her tiny fingers. A smile lit upon cold lips as Evalin extended her hand, calling the orb to float toward her. The child followed quickly in tow, eyes wide with curiosity and unabashed innocence. As the girl came closer within the shadow of the building Evalin slowly kenlt, raising her palm so that Tsenrika floated just over it. Casting her eyes upon his reflective surface Evalin whispered, "Hello child. Have you come to play?"

Crimson eyes turned, lighting upon the vessel with the hunger of a ravenous beast, yet what dangers there might have been were all but ignored by the child who simply gazed at Tsenrika as if he were the most fascinating thing in all of Mizahar. Chuckling softly Evalin brought her hand close to the child's face so that she could see her own eyes reflected in the Familiar's sufrace, "Would you like to play with your new friend child?"

I am no child's play thing.

This evening you are.

The little girl smiled, reaching for Tsenrika but Evalin raised him above her head, raising a finger, "Now now child, first you must come with me. Come and then you shall play with him all you like."

Blinking in disapointment the girl nodded slowly, and Evalin stood, "Very good... Come then let us play." Turning Evalin released Tsenrika so that he would bob behind her, intising the child to follow close as she made her way down the street. Her smile spread further as her eyes flashed in eager anticipation, An unlikely vessel, yet all the same she will do.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on January 3rd, 2013, 2:05 am

I am no child's plaything...

Evalin smiled, Still on about that? Be you more fragile of mind than I thought. she glanced back to Tsenrika, who was clasped in the small hands of the child. The girl's smile grew as she shook the familiar, and Evalin's amusement grew as well, My you do have a way with children.

Dripping annoyance flowed through their link, perhaps one of the first true signs of emotion the Immortal had ever noticed, Amusing as it is, let us be rid of her at once.

Chuckling softly to herself Evalin continued to lead this strange party through the streets of Ravok, past what crowds there were as she headed down some dark back alley, stopping before an unassuming patch of brick. Glancing back to check that the child had followed Evalin raised her staff, knocking on the wall to reveal a hidden door, a portal into the lab belonging to the Man cloaked in shadows. Stepping through she waved the child in, drawing her cloak about her as the door closed behind them, sealing the door once more.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on January 7th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Once the door closed and sealed the child finally looked up from her reflection in the Familiar's surface, "Where are we? Are we going to play?"

Evalin smiled as she undid the the ties of her cloak, letting the black cloth fall to the ground. Turning slowly she would brush back a strand of slightly green hair to stare down at the child with her cold red eyes, "Oh yes... Yes we are going to have lots of fun. Now then, be good girl and stand very still."

Reaching forward Evalin brushed a hand through the girl's tangled hair, pressing an icy hand against her cheek. The child flinched at the contact, but did as she was instructed and remained still, "Are we goign to play in here?" she asked, her eyes roaming the small room, falling briefly on the stains of red on the floor.

"Yes. Yes we will have much fun in this room. Believe in me, and I will show you something quite remarkable." Evalin leaned back, turning to the desk to shuffle through some papers, her hands falling upon a small dagger left over from one experiment or another performed in this place.

"Its cold in here..." Evalin heard the child speak from behind her turned back, "I... I don't think I want to play here."

Evalin had to suppress a chuckle, but after a tick she managed to speak calmly without turning, "Oh... now why is that my dear girl? Are you not having fun with your new toy?"

I am no toy... but this was of course ignored.

The child shuffled her feet, eyes roaming the small room as she shivered, "I want to go home..."

Raising an eyebrow Evalin fingered the edge of the dagger, still not turning to face the girl, "Home you say? Oh my dear dear child..." She revolved slowly, still fingering the dagger in her hand as she tilted her head to once side, eyes of crimson staring at the girl until the child shrunk back against the wall, "This IS your home now. Well, for as long as you are still living of course."

Shaking her head the girl's hands opened just slightly, but it was enough for Tsenrika to slip free, moving to float over Evalin's shoulder. Reaching a hand up the Witch pressed a finger against his reflective surface, looking at her own eyes in the reflection, "You see child, I have found myself in desperate need of something... important." She looked back at the girl who still did not move, "Something which only you can provide."

The child merely stared up into those cold unfeeling eyes of red, unable to make a sound as Evalin drew closer. One... step... at... a... time.

"My time in this body has come to its end, thus I must acquire a new vessel. One that is younger, stronger than my own." Evalin kneeled slowly before the girl who began to weep silent tears. The Witch briefly wondered why the child had not tried to run, but quickly the thought was lost, Perhaps she is more intelligent than I would have thought...

Evalin smiled softly, raising a hand to cup the girl's cheek, tears begining to stream from the child's eyes to run over her fingers, "There there now. No need to be frightened, you shall not feel any pain." Moving closer Evalin did something so out of character that Tsenrika's surprised reverberated through their link. She took the child into her arms, resting the girl's head upon her shoulder as she whispered soft words of encouragement, "It will be quick and you will slip back into the cycle and be reborn anew. Shush now... Shush and do not fear, for I will not hurt you."

Further cooing and kind words followed as Evalin stroked the child's hair, raising the dagger in her other hand. The girl's breathing came in gasps as she sobbed, holding tightly to Evalin's robes in fear yet unable to move herself to a safer distance. Within Evalin's dark soul there sparked, fur just a moment, a light of sorrow that had not been seen in centuries.

What I would that I could spare this child's life... Though Evalin, Yet that cruel man known as Fate has already made his choice for this child. Be damned him and his reign for causing this child such pain and ending her life so abruptly.

Evalin tangled her fingers in the child's hair as she whispered in her ear, "Sleep well and may you find peace in your next life."

The child stiffened and cried bitterly, "N-No p-please I d-don't want t--" A gurgle escaped her lips as Evalin's hand moved, sliding the daggers point between two ribs to pierce the child's heart. Holding the girl close Evalin closed her eyes as she felt the child twitch, feel her blood pouring out and flowing over her own clothing, staining them red as her eyes. LIfe slowly bleed out, and soon the child ceased to move. Gently, every so gently Evalin laid the girl on the ground in a puddle of her own blood, passing a hand over the child's face to close sightless eyes. Standing Evalin moved to the desk, leaning upon the wood.

Tsenrika moved to float close to Evalins face, but the Immortal waved him away, "Not now. I have no words to speak..."

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on March 13th, 2013, 7:13 pm

6th of Summer, 512 AV

A finger twitched, and eyes slowly opened as Evalin saw the world once more. Saw the world through eyes that were not her own, but then... how long since she had seen the world through her own eyes. Slowly, ever so slowly she raised he body up. Stiff joints screaming at the exertion placed upon them as the Immortal Witch straighten her back to sit against the cold stones. She looked down, and before her lay spread the legs of a child. A hand before her face revealed tiny fingers, soft and smooth. Her face she touched, tracing smooth lines and rounded features, large eyes and long straight hair. Those fingers, cold and grey now, gripped the raven locks and pulled, testing the resilience.

The blue orb floated within a few inches of the girl, examining this new form with the curiosity of its kind, Does this form respond well?

Like it was a glove that she was trying on, Tsenrika referred to this new host, this child's body with cold calculation. Did it function properly? Was it suitable?

"Would it truly matter if it did not? What is done is done, and I have not the strength to seek a replacement just yet." With a grown Evalin stood, using the wall to support her weight.

It is different from all of the bodies past, so I simply inquire.

"Petch your inquiry, for it matters not one way or another. I shall not have this form for long." She hoped... Something about this body, it... hurt. There was an ache she had not experienced before, a burning in her black blood that seemed to reject this host, "It responds well enough for now."

Pressing her palm against her forehead she made her way to the table, and it was then that a frightening discovery was made. Her cloak, her staff, both lay on top of the table... and she could not reach them!

"Be damned... What fresh horror is this... Evalin reached up, standing on her tip toes so that she could just barely see over the table to grasp her staff and cloak.

Perhaps this be a... fresh perspective of what be possible through an eternal life.

Evalin paused, looking back at Tsenrika with a half stunned, half outraged expression. Was that... humor from the normally cold Irylid? The girl's brows furrowed, and in the familiar's reflective surface she saw her own red eyes burn like raging coals, "And I curse you as well, for what mockery is needed at such a time?"

Shaking her head Evalin wrapped her cloak about her form, taking up her staff and returning to her place against the wall, closing her eyes to allow the recovery process to continue.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on April 12th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Thread Award

Rhakash

• +1 Observation
  • +1 Acting

Lores: n/a

Evalin

• +4 Familiary
  • +1 Observation
  • +3 Rhetoric
  • +1 Persuasion

Lores: Opportunity Stolen by another Returned, Murdering a Child, The Pain of Regret

You Question My Logic? :
If you have any questions on the award, feel free to PM me.

Notes: I really, really enjoyed this. The interaction between Evalin and the familiar were great. The sorrow and regret she felt, and then of course the confusion when she woke up at not being able to reach her stuff. All great. Good job, and keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)