[Wart's Scrapbook] Under the Looking Glass

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 17th, 2012, 5:41 am

Wart wrote:On a lighter note, reading your post, Pash, this unavoidably entered my mind.

"Petch the lamb if you want to, you can leave your friends behind, but petch chihuahua, the poor chihuahua, Well you're, no friend of mine."

Its a bit of stretch getting it to fit the beat. But I couldn't help myself.

ASADFGHDFJKF!!!!!!!!!

OMG I can't breathe! ROFLMAO!

<3

I love you so much. This made my whole night :-D
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Wart on August 17th, 2012, 6:25 am

YAY! Haha I love you Tock thank you for appreciating my humour! XD

ASADFGHDFJKF!!!!!!!!!

And I laughed far too hard trying to read that in Tock's voice and picturing her shouting it at someone!

http://youtu.be/AjPau5QYtYs
This needs to happen on Miz. It must. We can have a huge festival where there is some airborne hallucinogen maybe or mass hypnotism/hysteria, just something that would cause this to happen.
Por favor.
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Words: 151302
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Wart on August 18th, 2012, 9:39 pm

A bit of a weird personal thing that I was hesitant to post here but Eh. Its semi-relevant and an update in case anyone cares about my earlier posts. :
Well. After a heck of a lot of mental and physical debate, I ended up going for the medication I'd been fighting myself about from back on the first page of my scrapbook.

Its a small dosage, a sort of test run kind of thing to make sure there's no huge issues to where I shouldn't take it.

My mother gave me a warning a while ago that I didn't quite pay attention to at the time. She has a similar conditionI take after her in more ways than physical appearance apparently with similar medicine, and told me that after a long period of not taking it, the first few days of doing so ends up making your mind a little wooooo with the newfound energy and focus.

So far I've spent the entire day cleaning anything and everything then walking around the neighborhood twice saying hi to all of the gangsters standing on their porches looking at me like I'm either some crazy person or just stupid. I have to say I feel pretty great.

Hopefully now I can drag this sudden focus and motivation and aim it at getting lots of writing done today. :D
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 18th, 2012, 10:10 pm

I should probably be on a couple of types of medication myself. I have a few... mental issues of a type I'm not going to get into on a public forum. But suffice to say, I wish I had good medical insurance to cover such things. Alas, working in a pizza place doesn't come with such benefits.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Wart on August 18th, 2012, 10:18 pm

I understand you feelings there, public forums are always iffy with such things…

I probably wouldn't have been able to get what I have either. Lucky for me my father puts on the "look at me I'm the greatest dad in all the world" act and has yet to take me off of his insurance, and I haven't quite reached the age where I can no longer be covered by it.

As soon as I'm on my own for that though I'm sort of screwed...
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Wart on August 20th, 2012, 7:01 am

My best friend, "Glyciera Litiva" here on Miz, has been having a lot of really severe migraine attacks lately. She will not be able to get on here any time soon, and while I'm trying to get posts written when I can, I'll be gone periodically while I'm doing my best to help her. We've tried a lot of different methods in attempt to stop and prevent them, but its just not working. Neither she or her family can afford medical attention for them right now but we've been working hard rounding up funds, and hopefully we'll get her in soon.

For now if anyone has experience with migraines and can offer any suggestions or advice that would be absolutely wonderful.
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 20th, 2012, 2:04 pm

I don't have any medical advice to give, but please send her my well wishes and hope for a speedy recovery.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Wart on August 21st, 2012, 2:22 am

Thank you Tock. Its looking like things are getting less severe at least.

May I just say internet drama makes me really angry, but more so really sad. It seems like its been popping up everywhere in force. I have girls on Facebook who are being harassed because some jock's self esteem is so low he has to gain it from putting them down for expressing themselves. Myself and a small group get crap repeatedly for our religious beliefs from people who don't know us beyond our first names.

There's lots of reasons for this. Low self esteem, jealousy, lack of self respect, and what seems to be the most common - flat out bigotry. But no matter the reason, there really is no excuse for it.

Honestly, its the internet. No one said you had to be here. No one forced you to read what others are saying or interact with other people. No one told you to agree with everything everyone says and does. If you don't like something or someone, there's this handy little red X at the corner of the page that will make it all go away. I hate to break it to some people but the internet is not real life. What happens here ends the second you leave the computer. Being a big bad troll doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look like an uneducated bully.

No one's perfect. We all make mistakes, we say things do things we regret. I do it a lot. Instead of holding a grudge or dragging out a pointless fight, I've learned its smarter to move on. If someone is upsetting you, purposefully or not, why would you give them the satisfaction of seeing that they're getting to you. Be the better person. Move on, improve yourself, be happy. If you really must get back at someone - there's seriously no better way of doing it than letting them see you going on your way, happy and unaffected. A teacher used to tell my class "If someone set a fire in front of you, would you stand there and yell at them for it? No, you'd get the hell away from that freaking fire, and whether they stay there or not is their choice, but at least you're not going to be burned."

And maybe someone is doing "better" than you. They've got more "friends" or "followers," or "points" or what have you. You know, it might be hard to believe, but maybe its not because they're sucking up or full of it or doing it just to spite you or look better than everyone else. Maybe people just like them. "Popularity" is a stupid thing to drive yourself nuts about, especially over the internet, but if you want it that bad, maybe try being a likeable person. Try being friendly, fun, helpful, sociable. I've met some amazing people that I never would have gotten to talk to if I'd have decided to be a recluse, angry at the world for everything I don't have that everyone else does.

If I've made you angry or upset or said something wrong or offensive - tell me. Chances are I did something stupid and I may not even realize it if you don't point it out. If I need to correct a mistake or wrongdoing I'll gladly do it, the last thing I want is someone out there fuming at me for something I can fix or at least apologize for. If you want to talk or share ideas and thoughts, go right ahead. I love to hear different perspectives on things. And contrary to how Wart comes off, I'm really a nice person, I promise. If you want to ask me questions about some random thing, whether its something bugging you or just curiosity, I really don't have much to hide. I'm not exactly a criminal or a secret agent just yet.

Anyway... that's enough ranting from me.

This is for everyone on Mizahar that's staying awesome. I really do love you guys. :
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Naeya on August 21st, 2012, 9:46 pm

Hey Wart!

I poked my head into one of your threads and thoroughly enjoyed these quotes:

On Konti:
Konti're a buncha fish girls, real pretty an' pale. Real good healers an' can 'read your mind' or some shyke. Pretty useless when comes ta' workin' though, real fragile.

On Mura:
To her it kind of sounded like a bunch of creepy white ladies around a drugged up pool.

Also, Tock's interpretation of their origins was priceless, haha.
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 21st, 2012, 10:01 pm

You can blame Blythe for Tock's 'inaccurate views.' She gave a not very thorough summary of how Laviku, Rak'keli, and Avalis meet on the beaches of Mura and are the 'parents' of the Konti. Tock's imagination filled in the rest.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)