[Wart's Scrapbook] Under the Looking Glass

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 14th, 2012, 2:43 am

Tock's IC score:

INTP
Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Thinking(1%) Perceiving(22)%

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Famous Personalities Sharing Your Type

David Hilbert, a German mathematician
James Clerk Maxwell, a physicist and mathematician
Emmy Noether, a German mathematician
Andrey Sakharov, a nuclear physicist and human rights activist

Tock is like a nuclear physicist! Petch yeah!

Her listed career choices are education, science, computer programming (programming Golems?) and engineering!

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Wart on July 14th, 2012, 3:05 am

Haha that's awesome Wart is just one letter off of both of you! :P
And that's so cool how accurate they are. Especially those quotes its almost creepy how well those fit. o.o
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Words: 151302
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Wart on July 14th, 2012, 11:04 pm

I can't take it any more, I just can't. I've put up with it for years now but its simply getting unbearable.

This is a poster for a local theater in my town. I've done a few shows there and their directors ran the drama program I was in all throughout high school. They're really great people and there is amazing talent, but...
Am I wrong for desperately wanting them to let me do their graphic design for them?!?!

I've wanted to ask about it for years, but I feel like they might get offended. I don't know who it is they've got designing them now, but my fear is that its either the CEO or one of the main directors, both of whom were involved in my drama program and are honestly really intimidating.

I won't claim to be a professional graphic designer by any means. But as bad as its been I think I'd make a huge improvement, plus I'd work for free simply to prevent their future posters from being designed on paint ever again. They know me pretty well and as far as I know their opinion of me is favorable... But I simply don't know how to go about this.

Also it may be pushing it but I'd really love if they'd let me fix their website as well... There are very basic issues and format problems aaallll over, for instance a repeating stock image for a background which is just awful D:! There's a banner on it that says "our site is still under construction" but its been there for well over 6 years.

Edit- As if I didn't need more to internally cry about, I went through their site and past posters.
-Comic sans
-Papyrus
-Random uncropped white space
-Awful and obvious use of Ms paint
-No consistent images sizes
-Broken links
-Pages with entirely different layouts and themes
-MS Word clipart
-They spelled "college" wrong
-Entire pages that haven't been updated in years

I could go on but I think it might just kill me.
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Wart on July 14th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Okay... to anyone actually reading this junk... please tell me if this sounds alright

Hey Sean!
I'm sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you guys would like a graphic designer? I'd be able to do posters/ads/fliers/whatever you need whenever you need it. I've got a lot of experience with Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft word so I can basically do anything it would require, be it text, picture alterations, effects, backgrounds, etc.
I also noticed the website still says "under construction," if you'd like I also have a lot of experience in html and basic web design so I can help out there as well.
In addition I'd be able to do all of this for free, so when you're not too busy let me know what you think.

Thanks!
-my name
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 14th, 2012, 11:53 pm

I'd suggest not starting off with the words "I'm sorry". I know you're trying to make it seem like you're not bothering him, but opening with that reduces the impact of your message a bit.

You should start off strong, but polite. The increased confidence of the message could make a stronger impact.

I'd suggest changing the first line: "I'm sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you guys would like a graphic designer?"

To something like: "I wanted to pitch an idea to you, if you're interested. Are you guys looking for a graphic designer?"

Or something along those lines. It's still polite and not pushy, but taking out the "I'm sorry to bother you" stops the reader from focusing right away on the fact that they might be bothered.

Just my suggestion.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Wart on July 15th, 2012, 12:02 am

Hmm I see what you're saying. I was trying to figure out a better way to word that opening, but that works a lot better than anything I'd thought of. He knows too well my lack of confidence so I think starting out strong like that would definitely impress him and *hopefully* lead him to take me more seriously.
Thank you!!
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 15th, 2012, 1:58 am

You're welcome. I'm a helper!

Also, posted to you ;) Check your PM's!
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Wart on July 16th, 2012, 8:45 am

It's official.
Mizahar has invaded my mind.

I now catch myself saying/thinking the words "petching" and "vagik" on a near daily basis.
Petching Wart and her swearing habits...
I see random people in public places and think "Hmm they'd be a great model for a PC."
I dream that people respond to posts and that I'm then responding to them.
I dreamed that my hair was rainbow and that everything I touched got doused with color.
(Purely Wart's fault.)
I'm slowly becoming nocturnal because the hours of 11pm-4am are the only time I can actually concentrate and get posts and related things done.
Most of the music I listen to I analyze it for ways it could possibly apply/relate to Wart.
My grammar OCD has worsened because I've become used to not having to deal with it here.
(And I love ALL of you for that!!)
Any downtime I have where my computer/an internet connection is not available I spend thinking of ideas for storylines or for future PCs.
I've become very sad at the fact that a lot of my real life friends aren't near as interesting as most of the people here on Miz.

Eh and I'm sure there's more that will slowly manifest itself.
Has anyone else experienced stuff like this? I'd imagine that at least a couple of these are a fairly common occurrence, I'm still a newbie so anyone who's been here a long time and had Mizahar invading their brain?
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Cascade on July 16th, 2012, 9:02 am

Mizahar has very much invaded my brain. I'm obsessed with checking new posts... I religiously check Miz on my phone while I'm on the bus, or in class, or out with friends, etc. My boyfriend and my friends dislike this habit, but whatever, right? :P Miz is addicting and it's addicting for a reason.
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 16th, 2012, 8:14 pm

I write posts on my phone when on the clock at work.

I'm writing THIS when stopped at a red light in my car.

I write on my phone when waiting at the laundromat, mechanics, or even in line at the store.

This morning I woke up early and wrote a post before getting dressed to go to my internship.

I have dreams about Tock's inventions. Many of them I've had to get up in the middle of the night to take notes and sketches (yes, I draw most of them (badly) before building them).

Sometimes I'll wake up, check my phone (which I keep by the bed), and if I see a post I owe, I'll write it in bed then go back to sleep.

When I'm playing D&D with my friend, I'll work on posts when its not my turn.

I have no less than 40 pages of handwritten notes on threads, plots, and inventions littering my desk and floor.

And somehow, I'm still waaaaaay backed up on my Summer plans for Tock... I have done NOTHING with my statue yet...
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)