[Sanctuary] Effigy

Kavala // In which Sama'el and Kavala commune, sharing stories and support.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Sanctuary] Effigy

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on November 22nd, 2012, 8:15 pm

"Well," he said, chuckling, "I'll think on it. Issima might want some practice in naming young things, too."

He remained on his knees, getting to know Dohaina's foals. Understanding their nature and body language was one thing, but he remained in awe of Kavala's ability to tap directly into their minds and feelings. He wondered what that would be like, a closer bridge over the gap between a Drykas and a Strider. He puffed up a bit like a proud father at all she said, though he thought Leto's Arias might like to meet his foals, too. But he was not surprised at anything that came from Dohaina, all things considered.

"Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me teaching him manners," he mused. This brought him more joy than anything since that fateful day in the cave. There were scars on him that hadn't been there before, but he had survived. His family had survived, and would carry on.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[Sanctuary] Effigy

Postby Kavala on November 22nd, 2012, 9:57 pm

The Konti simply nodded, sensing it was time to leave Sama'el to his own devices. There wasn't much left to say anyhow, for either of them. "Take whatever time you need here. Our resources are yours. I know we're all going hunting in the morning to restock the pantry so if any of the Sunsingers want to join us the help would be appreciated. Otherwise, good luck with things Sam. I'm here if you need me." The Konti said softly, trying to forget that things weren't always as they seemed nor what they should be.

"The pasture is yours for however long you need it. We're also doing various constructions in the afternoon if any of your people want to help, that'd be great. And there's a group dinner at the twentieth bell if The Sunsingers want to join us. There will be extra. I'll see to it. I'm sure something not cooked out of yvas bags will be welcome." She added, then slowly moved away, leaving Sama'el to get to know his new equine family members and discover for himself what they were like.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Sanctuary] Effigy

Postby Traverse on December 18th, 2012, 11:57 pm

Thread Awards!

Sama'el :
Experience:
Horsemanship 1
Observation 5
Reimancy 1
Socialization 5

Lore:
Oriana’s Curse: A Slightly Blander World
Cursed for Being a Hunter
The Potential Gift of a Kelvic Child
Trying to Play it Cool When Elated
Getting the Rough End of a Kiss
A Talent for Horse Names

Inventory:
+1 Bloodbane Colt [Unnamed]
+2 Strider Foal Twins [Vaknui'in], [Unnamed]

Kavala :
Experience:
Brawling 1
Horsemanship 3
Leadership 3
Socialization 5

Lore:
Putting Intestines Back Where They Belong
Gelding With the Aid of Gnosis
Making Sure a Pavilion Lives On
The Importance of Culling
Judging the Adult Colors of a Foal
Having a Knee jerk Reaction to a Kiss
A Unique Idea of Horse Names

This thread seemed to highlight a lot of similarities and shared moments between Kavala and Same'al, and I wanted to reflect that with some shared lore -

The Slow Unraveling of the Djed Storm’s Mysteries
Keeping Business Between You and the Gods
The Fear of Losing a Child
Turning a Curse into a Gift
Bloodbanes: Even the Culled are Aggressive
Admiring Good Breeding in Foals
‘Stroking the Pain Away’
Sharing a Non-Violent Kiss
Seeing Your Own Pain in Another
Foals: Precocious Little Buggers

Additional Notes: :
This was a wonderful thread to read, and I highly enjoyed the emotional twists and turns it took. Kavala's reaction to Sama'el's kiss was priceless, and I couldn't help snickering to myself, then feeling so ashamed because both of them were in so much pain afterwards both physical and mental. I awarded the points in leadership for Kavala because of her advice to Sama'el which was enforced by the way he looked up at her, and threw the Horsemanship points in there due to the back and forth way they were both handling and around horses the entire thread (Sama'el you only handled the Bloodbane foal in a way related to Horsemanship, which was why there was only one point awarded). I wish I could have awarded more XP wise, but I hope you enjoy the amount of lore I piled on both of you. I felt that Kavala's own words were the only necessary explanation for the unique use of Rak'keli's Gnosis. Great thread both of you!

Questions, Concerns, Accolades? PM me and we'll be to the bottom of it. Safe Travels
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous