Exploritories (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Exploritories (open)

Postby Shena'doah on April 26th, 2010, 10:21 pm

TIME OF DAY: midmorning
DATE: Season of Spring, Day 46, 510 AV

A day of exploring was in store for both Shena and her companion. Those at Godiva’s Refuge had been immensely charitable he giving her a place to stay for the night. It was more than a great thing since it allowed Shena the opportunity to bathe properly and put on some clean clothing she’d been avoiding having to wear during her travels. Perhaps this meant it would be a good idea to purchase some clothing within the markets today. Also a good time to try and see if she could find a job considering she only have a free stay at Godiva’s Refuge for a week.

Emi’s nose kept dipping to the ground, obviously uncomfortable with the stone paving and trying to figure out what it was. Even the grassy planes had been fun for him but he didn’t seem to care much for this new surface. ”I know, not like sand back home is it?” she commented, thinking that there must be a coastal area that Emi might take a liking to. They passed a cascading group of waterfalls and Shena stopped to look at them and fought the urge to grab her water skin and fill it up. It was a few minutes until they moved on in search of the markets.

After asking for directions a few times Shena finally made it to what they called the Bazaar. All the colors amazed her but also reminded her of home, just… less sand. Knowing it would be hard for her to not get distracted, she appointed Emi to be in charge of keeping her on task. ”A change of clothes is what I need.” she told him bluntly.
Shena'doah
Player

Words: 28596
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Exploritories (open)

Postby Kavala on April 29th, 2010, 7:29 pm

She smiled and almost laughed at the stranger as she instructed her horse on the purpose of the stranger's presence in the bazaar. Kavala herself was followed by a buckskin stallion that wore only a yvas and looked a little peeved at being treated as a packhorse because he had building materials strapped onto his back. They weren't light either. Heavy bags of mortar lay across his flanks and although he had no voice, Kavala kept picking up his mental image of Sivak bearing the weight instead. Sivak was a very large Seme stallion that technically belonged to the city of Riverfall though he was in Kavala's care. Whenever there was work to do, Windsong (the buckskin trailing her) always thought it was Sivak's duty while the fun jobs tended to be pictured as his own.

Kavala only smiled. The Seme was a good stud, but he wasn't the best in crowds. Sure he could carry far more than the little strider stallion could, but Kavala hadn't needed much mortar to really begin work on the forge they were building at Sanctuary.

She studied the stranger, decided to help, and spoke up. "You know, he'd probably be amazing at helping you pick out the freshest carrots or the best fitting tack for him. But I doubt he cares one whit about the fact that you need new clothing. He'd probably be even less of a good judge of taste. What exactly are you looking for? Maybe I can help." She offered in a soft non-intrusive voice.

Though Kavala was obviously Konti, she spoke with a distinctly pavi accent and dressed in the colorful knotwork embroidered fabric of the grasslands.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Exploritories (open)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 30th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Taith had descended down the market that day for the chance to just watch people. It was something that interested him now. So many people here in this new town, and he wondered what there days were like. They clearly were different from the Akalaks he had vague memories of.

So he desided a little learning of the new world was in order. He had finally moved past his self pitting and was ready to progress towards intigration in society.

So it was that the tall Ethaefal/Akalak was walking in the market when he noticed a woman with a horse following her. It was interesting to watch as she looked around for something. He wasn't sure exactly what it was she was looking for, but the question was quickly answered as she told the horse she was in need of a change of clothing.

His silver eyes glanced down at his own clothing that really needed to be updated, once he would have had the finest fashions, but in this version of life it seemed a little odd. He looked up and saw Kavala, one of his few friends he had made since he had returned to Mizahar. He walked over but stayed to the side until they had finished there conversation.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Exploritories (open)

Postby Shena'doah on May 1st, 2010, 7:03 pm

A quick glance around and she decided it would take some time getting used to the flashes of blue flesh. It might be normal considering this was a home of the Akalakan race but somehow she felt as thought might wouldn’t be standing out too much just because of her skin color. Under her breath she uttered a string of words that could have been nothing but Benshiran language. Whatever she had said was in relief.

There was little doubt in her mind that she would have a hard time finding some items of clothing but she would have to find some place to work for a short period of time if she was to stay here longer than a week. It also wouldn’t hurt to have a bit of extra money in her pocket as well. Not like she was living off the land while here so she’d have to pay for her food rather than kill it. The thought made Shena think for a second and she wondered where she could possibly work. ”I know you don’t like the idea of being stabled my free spirited soul but maybe I could work there. I can’t insist you stay just outside Godiva’s Refuge every night now can I?” Emi was otherwise distracted by another pair consisting of a woman and a horse and didn’t seem to be paying an awful lot of attention to her.

Shena turned around just as a rather beautiful woman began to address her about the clothing. For a moment she felt a bit baffled as Emi swung around to hover behind her. ”I would agree but he’s no choice but to be interested or I’ll be stuck here forever looking for clothes if he isn’t cooperative.” she replied and reached behind to pat Emi on the chest. ”I am… I don’t really know what I’m looking for to be honest. Preferably something I can be comfortable in. I am not sure I want to stand out here much more than I already do if that’s possible.” she stated somewhat sheepishly and couldn’t have been more thrilled to have someone to interact with that was considerably nice. Of course the last nice person she ran into back in Ahnatep got her in a world of trouble that resulted in chasing from the Jackals – who were trying to kill her and her friend.
Shena'doah
Player

Character sheet

Exploritories (open)

Postby Kavala on May 3rd, 2010, 1:04 am

Kavala smiled.

"Your boy a beautiful horse. And he has a beautiful spirit to match. You can tell just by looking in his eyes. He looks at you in the way a horse looks at a rider that would carry that rider to the Ukalas and back if she asked it of him. That's a rare thing to find." Kavala said gently, then glanced back over her shoulder at the buckskin stallion that seemed to be on the smallish side. A smile was offered him as well. In return, the Konti got a shove for her trouble - a bad tempered shove - that resulted in a slight bit of laughter from her. "I'm sorry... he's just upset that he's playing pack mule instead of doing something gloriously stallion-like - like rolling in beach sand or impressing mares - so he's out of sorts for sure." The Konti said, turning to playfully swat at the little stud that didn't bother to duck her light blow but only seemed to roll his eyes dramatically as if to say 'That all ya got?' Kavala just grinned, turned back to the stranger, and bowed slightly in the same manner an Akalak would. She'd been in Riverfall long enough she was now adopting their ways. "I'm Kavala of the Denusk Pavilion of Clan Sapphire. I run an animal clinic and boarding stable here in Riverfall. It's great to see another non-blue face." She smiled slightly, her whole demeanor friendly and open.

"And as for the clothing, I am probably the last person to ask. I like trousers and sleeveless tunics. You know, the type you find in stores for young men. But maybe Taithrosa there will have some ideas who to go to for clothing here. I know where the clothing section of the bazaar is, but he'd probably be a better judge of what looks good and what fits in." If he can remember.... She thought silently, not sure how long Taith had been in town, but knowing his memory was still hazy. "Taith... come meet a newcommer!" Kavala said, beckoning over her friend to see if he wanted to join in a shopping spree.

Windsong snorted and sent Kavala an image of Taith carrying all the parcels of clothing the women purchased instead of him, thinking the Akalak's company was a good idea. The Konti just chuckled, her eyes unfocusing for a moment as she caught the stallions thought. Kavala didn't mention that Taith wasn't actually a full Akalak, but rather an Ethafael. That was Taith's business and his alone in the face of strangers.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Exploritories (open)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 4th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Taithrosa stepped forward as he was included into the conversation and looked between them and smiled as he had flashes of images run through his head. The comment about clothing had caused another cascade of memories. Many different woman flashed through his mind, and clothing there were wearing. They were different types and styles stretching back centuries. He smiled thought the memory flash only taking a moment.

He turned and looked between the two of them. "I can show you some of the places for clothing, and give you some advices, but womans fashion among the Akalak has always been fluid. The lack of women in the race makes female fashion an import from other areas." He said with a shrug and a smile. "It though can defently help you with what looks good." He might be an Etheafal, but he was still male.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Exploritories (open)

Postby Shena'doah on May 6th, 2010, 2:01 am

Shena glanced back at Emi and smirked at him, it appeared he knew very well that he was being complimented. The woman was familiar and equally fond of horses, wasn’t that hard to notice as she glanced back in her direction. ”I’ll be honest and say he didn’t always have that look of a loyal companion … he’s high spirited and very judgmental to say the least. At least he’s calmed down, a little.” Shena didn’t want to mention the struggle she went through to just to get him to support a saddle without having a temperamental tantrum. He had been her father’s prized colt, after all, and he knew all too well she had no business stealing him away. Emi eventually grew to like the idea of being her mount, however.

Her gaze strayed over to the tan buckskin and tilted her head slightly. He really seemed to be in a sour mood, which the woman explained quite easily. It made her smile gratefully knowing that Emi was generally along the ride for anything. Though, she was sure that he didn’t much like being chased in Ahnatep. Not that she did either…

When the woman introduced herself, Shena suspected that she was giving her the same strange look she’d given Hirem when he first introduced himself formally. She had long since stopped introducing herself as such and couldn’t really remember when that was. A slight nod was given in response before introducing herself in a possibly more simple fashion. ”I’m Shena’doah. This boyo behind me is Emiliuz.” Her mind was stuck on the fact that this woman ran the stables she’d been thinking about not too long ago. This was something Shena knew she’d have to further investigate eventually.

In spite of Kavala’s outfit, Shena had expected a more extravagant response about clothing coming from a rather stunning woman. Before she knew it, though, the woman was talking about someone else knowing better than her about where to look for clothing. Blinking with a bewildered look on her face, Shena glanced around then twisted slightly to look over her shoulder to see a tall blue man. Studying him momentarily, she smiled and nodded a silent greeting – all the while cursing herself for being so bloody meek.

He seemed to have a few ideas up his sleeve and she smiled, this was indeed a good thing. ”In that case, you’ve little chance to give bad advice given the wide range of styles amongst women here. I must forewarn you that I am very opinionated about what I wear so that you both know what you are getting yourselves into.” She had been looking at Kavala when he’d made his last comment and a flash of temper crossed her features and she gave him a thoughtful look to see he wasn’t being fresh, just male.

”I thank you both ahead of time, traveling has really limited my clothes so I I’m dire need.”
Shena'doah
Player

Character sheet

Exploritories (open)

Postby Kavala on June 2nd, 2010, 5:22 pm

ImageOMG!I totally let this slip my radar.. I'm sooo sorry. You should have nudged me, you two!

Kavala smiled. "The truth is I'm in need of something to improve my wardrobe as well, Taith. So its good of you, Shena’doah, to have come along. May I call you Shena? I'm Kav to most of the people that know me. I think I've dropped Taithrosa's second syllable as well too. All I have is work clothing, and I'd really like to find something nice to wear... well just because. There's festivals and occasions in Riverfall, but all I own is pants - boys pants at that." Kavala said softly, knowing that she really wanted a pretty dress - just one - to wear in case she ever got invited to a party or out for something fancy in the city.

"I know there are cloth merchants and premade clothing experts on the far side of the market. Taith, do you know which ones are best to use? Do they make up the clothing while you wait or is it all ready made? I've always wanted someone to make something just to fit me and only me. That's about the only way I can buy clothing here anyhow unless its designed for the boys. The Akalak are just too big and the premade tunics all have wide shoulders and long lengths. They'd make good dresses if you don't mind the wide necks and flopping over shoulders."
She said with a good soft laugh. Women's fashion in Riverfall... that seemed to be a challenge all right.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Exploritories (open)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 3rd, 2010, 3:06 am

Taith thought for a moment. He had wandered the markets and remembered a stall that was run by a human merchant that seemed to sell womans supplies. "I saw a merchant who I think would have what we need." He said ponting down an isle. "It is this way. He seemed to specializes in womans decorations." He remembered that in his previous life he had visited a shop like that before. Woman's decorations weren't common in akalak cities, but they were necissary since Akalaks take care of there woman who joined them.

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook