Guards for a Day (Bojovnik Vybutit)

Rezren and Bojovnik guard some cargo fresh off the boat.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Guards for a Day (Bojovnik Vybutit)

Postby Verilian on July 31st, 2012, 3:21 pm

Rezren

• +1 Rhetoric
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Unarmed Combat

Lores: Working with an Unknown Stranger, Failed Mission

Bojovnik Vybutit

• +1 Subterfuge
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Storytelling
  • +1 Archery (Shortbow)
  • +1 Weapon (Handaxe)

Lores: Rezren: Part Time Mercenary, Failed Mission

You Question My Logic? :
If you have any questions on the points I awarded, or feel that I missed something, feel free to PM me.

Notes: Okay guys, you need to be careful about overplaying your skills. For example, Bojovnik, you have 7 points in shortbow, yet you spun around and killed a man "before he could blink." Now, I know it makes for good story, but try to play it at your skill level. As a novice archer myself in real life*I'd say I have 10-15 points tops, if I were a Miz character, I know for a fact that there is no way I could quickly and accurately spin around, draw, aim, and fire an arrow in the blink of an eye. No way at all. So while doing that makes for a nice theatrical story effect, you need to remember that you are still a novice, and theatrical effects are extremely difficult to pull off.

Now, Rezren, same goes for you. I practice martial arts regularly, and I know for a fact that it would be difficult for me to disarm a man and send him reeling the way you did it so easily. You only have 5 points in Unarmed Combat, that's even less that Bojovnik has in Shortbow. I won’t repeat everything I said before, but once again, keep it at your level. Theatrical effect is great every once in a while, but neither of you displayed at all your level of competence. Theatrical effect should be used as a last move type thing, but you should try to play at your skill level a bit first before busting out that awesome finishing move.

Now, it wasn't all bad, and once again, busting out awesome moves is okay every once in a while. I am only saying this to remind you guys that you can't do it all the time, at least not until you have some more points. But you did lose the fight. If you had just massacred the lot of them, I might have made you make some changes, but you still showed your lack of skill level by being overwhelmed in the end, which is actually a good thing. All in all, it wasn't a bad thread. I enjoyed reading it, and I'd like to see more from the two of you. Maybe a second thread in which you recover the chest? I am allowed to give you guys monetary rewards for successful missions, but you have to do them first. Anyway, good work, keep those skills in check, and keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous