A Dire Situation

Blizzard // What happens when two big cats meet?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

A Dire Situation

Postby Sheva on July 7th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Sheva took a seat as she thought on how she would answer Bizzard's questions. She seemed to be a regular customer here since the waiter already knew her order, although he was clearly less okay with serving Sheva the same thing. "Well not really, mostly just rabbits. My friend Nate and I DID get attacked by a pair of wolves the other day but other than that...nope." she said as she looked around the business. It was small, and quaint and the smell of food permeated the air making Sheva's mouth water, metaphorically ofcourse.

Blizzard's next question was a good one, one Sheva had to ask herself honestly. She was more a wanderer than anything else although she came to Avanthal more as a refugee. "I guess I'm just a lone wanderer, stopping wherever I can but for some reason I keep being forced away by one thing or another. I mean I ended up in Denval via kidnap and escape, and ended up here because of The Djed Storms."
that was about all Sheva could tell Blizzard on the topic, for she didn't have anything else to add.

Sheva tried to think of a way to ask Blizzard, something of meaning. She was a fellow kelvic...a fellow feline kelvic infact. So she was probably more likely to understand where Sheva was coming from than anyone else. Or at least she hoped so. "Blizzard...Do you or have you ever had a bondmate? Also how did you cope with the longing when you weren't?" this was a difficult subject for Sheva to talk about. She was a strong, independent tigeress and had managed to survive without forming a bond. But she was afterall a kelvic and not being bonded weighed heavily on her. It was a curse that only their race suffered. "I mean I can handle it, I'm strong but you know how hard it becomes. I've had many offers because as you must know us predator kelvics are in high demand as bond-mates but I don't want an offer, I want someone who will earn the right to bond with me, and me to them." it was a brutally honest question, so much so that even Sheva was surprised.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Words: 66994
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 1:33 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Dire Situation

Postby Blizzard on July 8th, 2012, 2:08 am

Blizzard nodded at her thoughtfully as she answered he question. So no new prey in the area. Guess I'll have to make a trip sometime. She popped her neck as she craned it to an angle to relieve the feeling. Her stone grey/blue eyes examined the table as she traced the designs on the top with her fingernail. Haven't come across a Kelvic who isn't yet. It seemed as if they were all freeloaders and with this thought she smiled.

The thought of her bonding with a human made her shiver "The thought of it! Ugh! There's always the feeling, this need to find someone, to protect someone. Yet, I always seem to have to push it away. But no I have never bonded with anyone. I mean I thought me and my friend were connecting but never saw him again. And that's why I never want to bond. What happens if they die? What happens if they sell me as a slave and abandon me? It would be like heartbreak to a human. A bad heartbreak. And I just cope with it. It was strong as if I wanted to cry at first but now it's weakened greatly. But still, there lingers a hope he will return for me. Two have abandoned me in my life. I do not want there to be a third."

She huffed "If anyone is going to bond with me, they will have to earn my respect and show me they are for the better. I will never bond with someone just to do their 'dirty work'." With this the food was brought out and she grabbed the fork and knife then began cutting. "They will have to be honest with me, they'd have to prove their worth to me. Of coarse if this is a child we're talking about, I would do my best raise it right but I would never really want to bond with a child."

Blizzard
It's Whatever You Want It To Be

Words: 93022
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 6:05 pm
Character sheet

A Dire Situation

Postby Sheva on July 8th, 2012, 2:38 am

Sheva nodded in agreement to Blizzard's reaction aswell as her answer to the question. It was as if she was taking the thoughts from Sheva's mind and speaking them as if they were her own. Sheva and Blizzard were in the same boat, she too hated that she felt this longing for companionship. Perhaps it was their animalistic sides opposing the need to bond, big cats were very independent, so the very idea of needing someone revolted them. "It's as if our thoughts are one. I too hate this longing, it frustrates me to no end." she answered honestly now eyeing the food as the waiter set it down on the table. It looked and smelt delicious and it was only a moment before Sheva had cut a piece and had it in her mouth, slowly chewing it as she savoured the taste.

Sheva swallowed the mouthful she had been chewing before resuming her speech. "I too have lost two people who were close to me. But I refuse to settle for anyone, I refuse to be a pet, a slave, a guard dog. The only bond I'll accept is one where we enter as equals." that was all she had to say for now. She resumed her eating of the rare meat, thankful that she had had this conversation with Blizzard. The snow leopard had put Sheva's worries to rest, she was not the only kelvic with these warped views. Not the only one who refused to be some human's play-thing.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Dire Situation

Postby Blizzard on July 8th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Blizzard nodded in agreement then stuffed her face with the red meat to the point where she looked like a chipmunk. She chewed it quickly then when her mouth was partially full she covered it with her hand then said "Ferlie! Can I have a glass of water, please?" The waiter nodded with a smile then brought out a glass with crystal clear water in it "Fresh from Avanthal's finest springs." then brought out another for Sheva. "Thank you, Ferlie." was all Blizzard said in return.

She looked at the designs on the table tracing them once more with her index fingernail. The swirly designs seemed to lock the examiner in a world of which if one looked hard enough, could see many amazing things. The paint seemed to shimmer and glisten in the small light the cafe torches and the metal outline provided an even better touch. The swirls reminded her of the wind. The very wind that guided her here. The wind was practically her best friend.

Her eyebrows drew together as the table took her into a trance that took a shaking from Ferlie to pay attention "Do that again we're gonna have to move you to a different table. That's the second time, Blizz." he said this with smile. She forgot last time she came in it happened then too "Not sure what's going on with me, Ferlie." Then she looked at Sheva.

This is when he bent down and whispered a question into Blizzard's ear jokingly "She's not human is she, Blitz?" He bent up, straightening his back then Blizzard laughed jokingly "Far from it." Ferlie left the two with a grin on his face and a slight chuckle. Blizzard directed her attention back at Sheva "Only him." who then took a swig of her water "So who is this Nate you speak of? Sorry to sound a bit nosy." She had spoken of him as a hunting partner. If they sounded any good she may have to find herself one.

Blizzard
It's Whatever You Want It To Be

Words: 93022
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 6:05 pm
Character sheet

A Dire Situation

Postby Sheva on July 9th, 2012, 1:11 am

Sheva had been enjoying her meal greatly and it was clear Blizzard was as well. Sheva placed another small portion in her mouth as she chewed while examining the table itself, wondering what Blizz found so appealing about it. Then as if she had read Sheva's mind she requested some water, which was sorely needed to wash down the great meal.

Sheva heard the waiter's words perfectly, he may have thought she wouldn't hear him whisper to Blizzard but he was wrong, humans always assumed that just because kelvics looked like them they had the same capabilities. They were mistaken, Sheva could hear his words as clearly as if he had spoken them but his question was harmless. She smiled dismissing the thought as Blizz asked her question.

Nate...Sheva thought for a while on how to describe the young hunter. Handsome, charming, funny, Nate had beautiful sea-foam green eyes and he was a good hunter. His body wasn't stocky but instead in a slim yet fit condition which was perfect for hunting, but Nate was in essence Sheva's secret crush.

Sheva snapped back to reality when she realized she had been daydreaming. She laughed awkwardly pushing her hair behind her head while avoiding direct eye contact with Blizzard, as a light blush appeared at the thought of being caught daydreaming."Oh, Nate is just a hunting buddy of mine, he's good at what he does. We usually go hunting with bows, it's unusual for a our kind yes but it's quite fun. Besides I've never been defined as a 'normal' kelvic." Sheva shrugged dismissing the thought.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Dire Situation

Postby Valkyrie on July 13th, 2012, 11:35 pm

Thread Award

Sheva :
Experience
1 Detection
1 Observation
3 Socializing

Lore
Marking Your Territory
Meeting Another Feline Kelvic
Holding Out For a Good Bondmate

Other
N/A

Notes: This was a nice socializing thread. Please see the note I have listed below.

Blizzard :
Experience
1 Observation
3 Socializing

Lore
Marking Your Territory
Meeting Another Feline Kelvic
Sharing Your Life History

Other
N/A

Notes: Just so you know, when you want to use locations or NPCs that aren’t listed in the linkmap or NPC library, it’s polite to run it by the ST first just so they are aware and can keep track of things. Otherwise it will get hectic fast. :) Please see the note I have listed below.

I would like to clear up Avanthal’s stance on Kelvics for both of you because I think you might be missing it a bit. Avanthal is very respectful towards Kelvics and are very comfortable with their presence. Like if you go are running through town and then pop into a human and continue running while naked, they wouldn’t bat an eye. They’re used to your hijinks. They respect a Kelvic’s development and if they thought a Kelvic was being taken advantage of concerning bonding they would arrest the person responsible. It’s just one of Avanthal’s unique aspects and I wanted to make sure you were both aware of this.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous