Completed Tripping Out (Nira'lia, Sylkra, open)

An invigorating hiking trip into the mountains

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Tripping Out (Nira'lia, Sylkra, open)

Postby Kuvarakh on July 19th, 2012, 4:09 am

Kuvarakh stepped back from the woman in surprise. 'Oooookay, some people just don't care for flamboyant behavior, some don't care for Nuits, I think we've got a score on both points here.'

He tried to turn as though absentmindedly gauging the weather, so Nira'lia would miss his concern. If she was to come to his defense, it would only make things worse. Well, this was nothing new. Not really. Maybe a little more intense, but the same initial attitude most people had towards his kind.

'NO! Damn it. They are not 'My Kind!" he thought to himself in frustration, 'Any more than a rabid wolf is the same 'kind' as a family's pet dog.' He understood the reaction, to a point. But hadn't he just displayed a personality far removed from the usual grim demeanor of most Nuits? In many ways, he felt like an unacknowledged ambassador of the Nuit experience.

Well, he knew there was nothing to do for it but allow this woman to see the evidence of her misjudgement. He would start right now. What human, in this situation, would not offer to carry her pack. It was common courtesy. If she wanted to object to that, let her.

"I'll carry it for you, I have very little I need to pack."
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nira'lia on July 19th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Nira’lia was slightly startled at Sylkra’s reaction. She wasn’t thinking of going right then and there, but now that she thought about it, that wasn’t a bad idea. A change of pace, an impulsive action, would do her good.

“Oh, that reminds me… I have to get my things!” she replied to Sylkra’s question.

Giggling, she excused herself and ran to her room to retrieve her own belongings. She thought it would also be a good chance for Sylkra and Kuvarakh to exchange a few words of pleasantries. Nira’lia could sense a bit of tension between the two of them, though she was positive that they would have an enjoyable trip. All she brought with her was a waterskin, some food, her bedroll, and a change of clothes. Soon enough, she returned to Sylkra and Kuvarakh.

“Let’s go!” she said with a grin. With that, they left the inn and started to walk towards the mountain. Fortunately, the Cubacious Inn wasn’t too far away from the city’s exit today. It didn’t take them too long to arrive at the foot of the mountain. Awkwardly, she said, “I… I hope you guys don’t mind, but maybe we can take one of the easier hiking trails? I’m not too fit when it comes to physical tasks, you see…”

Inwardly, she wondered if Kuvarakh was akin to physical tasks as well. She didn’t know much about Nuits, after all.

Before they started on their trail, she turned to Sylkra. “Well, Sylkra, you’re our guide! You decide where we go, and you decide where we make camp for tonight!” she said, urging the Kelvic to be their leader.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on November 18th, 2012, 9:21 pm

The Kelvic woman made no response to his offer. He stood there, feeling conspicuous, with his hand out. He imagined teeth tearing his hand apart if he picked the bag up without her approval, so he made no further progress in that direction. It was interesting how profoundly focused in his direction a complete lack of any response could be. He sighed heavily enough that there was no chance she did not hear.

He didn't know if Sylkra felt he was 'inviting himself' on this little outing. He knew Nira'lia had asked him first, but he also knew she had previously thought of asking Sylkra before he showed up. He hadn't showed up with any intent of 'tagging along' on something he hadn't been invited on. But, damn it, he HAD been invited. He had neither said nor done anything to make Nira feel like she HAD to invite him. Her decision to go hiking had seemed entirely in the moment, she could have waited until he left to seek out the Kelvic. It had seemed entirely spontaneous an offer, and he had accepted. By gods, he was not going to feel guilty, she was his friend, too.

"Very well. I am sorry if I came off presumptuous. I will leave you to sort it out with Nira." He deliberately used the shortened version of her name to indicate his belief that she and he were friends. "I will run home and get my own bag and meet you two at the Maw." He saw the wolf's ears twitch occasionally as he spoke without noticing any corresponding noises from outside to explain them, so he was sure she had heard him. 'Uldr's Breath! She's a wolf. Of course she heard me!' he thought to himself.

Mostly, he was only going back to his house to get some more containers for Nira, He had sufficient water, the only thing Nuits ever "consumed". It was not as though it went through their digestive system either. It simply got "absorbed" to keep a general level of moisture in their body tissue. He grabbed an extra jacket, but in truth, he suspected it might be warmer in the hills outside of town. He was warm enough in what he had on right now. With Ionu's illusion of Winter, it was cold in the city. But, depending on how far the god's influence extended, something that may or may not be within the deity's power to alter, he and Nira may well be overdressed as the got to higher altitudes.

He also grabbed his sap-pommeled daggers and his rope and grapple. Nira had said something about searching out plants and herbs and he knew they were often found in inconvenient places. He supposed Nira had her own book for notes, but he brought his as well. As for the daggers, there was always a need for a sharp edge. He grabbed a few odds and ends and set out to wait at the Gaping Maw.
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallacy on February 17th, 2013, 9:44 pm

XP Award!

Name:Kuvarakh
XP Award:
  • Rhetoric- 3
Lore:
  • Apologizing to Nia'lia
  • Nia'lia can only see happy memories
  • The Extraordinary Fool
  • Sylkra is a wolf
Notes:

Name:Nia'lia
XP Award:
  • Rhetoric- 3
Lore:
  • That Awkward Moment when... talking about your Gift
  • Introducing Friends
Notes:

Name:Sylkra
XP Award:
  • Rhetoric- 1
  • Interrogation- 2
Lore:
  • Untrusting of Strange People
  • Kuvarakh
Notes:

Cute, funny, and interesting little thread. Too bad it was never finished. Nira, I dont have to tell you this, but you're amazing, and Kuvarakh your wit, exaggerations, and overall quality of writing doesnt leave the reader bored. Im a bit jealous of your skill. Sylkra you did well to portray the kelvic and throw a little wild card in the bunch.

Feel free to shorten the lore, I know I gave some long ones. If you want specific lore that I didnt grant or XP, as always feel free to PM me.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous