Nuits

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Nuits

Postby Nai'shee on July 16th, 2012, 2:28 pm

So, I was thinking about making a Nuit one day and I can't figure so many things.

1.Are pre-Valterrian characters allowed? How do I go with Lores for those? Are there any recommendations for Lores for those who survived Valterrian? And can I make a little more.. extensive lores? More comprehensive? It's usually not allowed as far as I know, but I imagine that in 500+ years one can have 'Lore of Alchemy recipes' instead of something simpler.

2.How do I go with Denvali Nuit? If he's from time community was closed he would logically stick to Denval, but I don't know if there were Nuits in Denval at all at that time, if he could even become one. How about pre-Valterrian? Which year would be logical to move from Denval to Sahova considering Mizahar's history? I mean, Sahova is created 10 years before Valterrian, so it would take time for one to hear about the city from the whole disaster, especially if living in Denval. And how's Denval's history with magic? Could he learn Alchemy and Glyphing? Is it better to start as he became Nuit upon creation of Sahova and delete Denval from whole thing?

3.Is it the same with personal magic and Nuits? He wouldn't be using it, but I'm just curious, is Djed the same for undead?

4.Some useful links for such an old character? Are there some big historical events except Valterrian? I would like to research everything before deciding his past.

5.For example, if Nuit takes over Vantha body, do his eyes not change color, since the body is dead? What if he takes over a Dhani, can he morph, learn Snake tongue? Will he still know Snake tongue in another body? Or Kelvic, even nor that one would be stupid, could they morph? Would a Nuit-bird be strong enough to fly? Could he produce poison as Symenestra even nor the body's dead? In global, does Nuit keep racial traits of the body he took over?
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Nuits

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 16th, 2012, 8:26 pm

1. Rayage is Pre-Valterrian, so I know it's possible. BUT I thought I remembered reading somewhere you need to get permission through the help desk or something? I'm not sure...

2. No clue

3. I've seen several Nuits use magic. Rayage does Alchemy and Glyphing. Anselm does Hypnotism and Reimancy and Auristics. As far as I can tell from those, it works the same.

4 & 5. Don't know.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Nuits

Postby Larknas Tider on July 16th, 2012, 8:35 pm

1Yes not before 500BV (if i remember correctly).

3Works the same (but personal magic like flux that dmages the body does...exactly this and it will wear out faster(same with leeching).
And you can morph.

5No new poison body is dead dont know about dhani(but i think not)
Racial abilities related to senses remain but are lower than 'alive' bodies.

Tock's answer was nice.
Larknas Tider
Player

Words: 20587
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Nuits

Postby Rayage on July 16th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Let me take a crack at all your questions!

1) Pre-val nuit are allowed. No special permission required. It says right at the top of the lore page:

In order to reflect the rarity of ancient Nuit, and to avoid conflicts with material still to be developed, new Player Characters may only play Nuit born after 500 BV, that is, about 1000 years ago.

New Player Characters may only play nuits born after 500 BV. I imagine that you would need special help desk permission to get a nuit much older than 500 BV. That a lot of time! Besides, you cannot flashback to pre-val times (I asked the Help Desk. If you want you can PM me and I can show you what all was said :)), so what is the point of having a truly ancient nuit anyways? 1000 years old is old enough in my book!

2)I have no idea about Denval, but if you are interested in that PM Tabarnac or one of the other storytellers in Denval and talk that out with them.

3) Personal magic is the same with nuits as it is with all races.

4) If you want some history, please look into Sahova and the NPCs there. Also re-read the Pre-val page in the Lore. Also look here: http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Category:History <-- You might find some interesting tid bits of gold there. If you are interested in any more history, you can look into some of the older cities and PM the DS/RS that runs the city. Ill let you that I dont even have my nuits history all down on paper.

5) You do not get any of the races special abilities such as the kelvics shifting powers or the sym's venom. However, you may be able to fly if you took a ziths/birds body, granted not for a long time before decay makes flying impossible, but it all depends on how good condition the body is in. Also if your PC is not used to flying or have never had wings before please remember to RP the learning process. Though in general, nuits dont get the racial abilities of the bodies they take over.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Nuits

Postby Nai'shee on July 16th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Thanks Rayage, that was very helpful! :D I should do some more research before deciding everything.

Thank you for all the answers!
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes