Pool Party (Open)

Come swim in Tock's backyard! (The catch? Before you can swim in the pool, you've got to help fill it with water!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 16th, 2012, 1:24 am

OOCSudden template change!! Sorry about that. I'm sticking to this one though so no worries about me doing it again.

Gale lifted his arms to cover his face when he was splashed suddenly by Tock. He laughed again but he stopped when Marin told it to hop in and when Tock snapped at the cat. Human form? Huh. Must be one of those Kelvics he has heard about. He hasn't actually seen one transform or anything. He knew they could and seen the before and after appearance but never the action the caused the change. Not that he exactly wanted too.

But he did see the slick wet pelt and knew it had to be hot for the panther. Having fur all over you in this heat? That's killer! But why did Zarren, since that seemed to be a logical name to call him since Marin appeared to know him, walk around in a cat form? Wouldn't thin clothes be better then thick black fur. But it wasn't his decision.

Gale decided to make Tock's lash out about swimming in human form more friendly sounding. " Yeah, it has to be hot in that fur anyway." Gale shook his head, water spraying away.

But Gale wasn't aware that when a Kelvic changed that they didn't come with clothes. But for Gale's sake, even though he didn't think about it, hopefully if the lad decided to swim as a human he would have a change of clothes nearby. But there are many other options the panther could go with. Like ignoring them. Hoping in with fur and all anyways. So on and so forth.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 2:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Zerren Verre on August 16th, 2012, 2:48 am

Zerren leaped to the side as a shoe went hurtling past his head, staring balefully for a moment at the shoe before turning his attention to locating the man who threw it. Well, I suppose I should have seen that coming, but still, I'm not about to let him get away with... Zerren's thought degenerated into rather mean-hearted amusement as he finally located the man, soaking wet, in the pool. Maybe that's humans only have two feet, more laughter for the rest of us. Say, maybe if he didn't have feet, he wouldn't have as many shoes to throw...

Zerren grinned a cat grin at the thought as the second man shouted over to him. Thank the Gods its actually Marin, now I at least have someone to vouch for me. Zerren grinned a feline grin and started to move forward before something at the edge of his senses struck him as odd, drawing in his attention until he actually turned his head to look at it. Why does that axe have legs? And that shovel over there, what in the world has been done with that shovel?

Zerren was just shifting directions to go look at the strange tools when his attention was, once again, diverted by something else. That girl has almost no clothing on... And she recognized me as a Kelvic almost instantly. Huh. Zerren stopped moving entirely and just considered his situation for a moment. All I wanted set out to do was steal someone's water. What do I get? A huge mess of distractions, each one wierder than the next, surrounding a lovely pool. Considering how rapidly his day had shifted from hot and miserable to it's current state, that perhaps he had simply died and gone to heaven. Nah, not enough trees.

Zerren shifted back to his human form and stood up, almost instantly feeling the sun start to burn him. He looked over at the girl who had recognized him and smiled as warmly. "Well, since I'm no longer a cat, may I come in now?" Not waiting for an answer, Zerren walked forward and slipped into the water, causing only a ripple as he slipped into what he considered the finest water he had ever had the water of finding.

He allowed himself to sink completely under water before resurfacing and relaxing against the muddy wall of the pool. After he resurfaced, he finally turned to respond to the shoe throwers comment.
"True, it can be pretty hot in fur, but I'm sure it must be more comfortable than being soaking wet in all of your clothes." So I hold a grudge, does that make me such a terrible person? Zerren leaned back his head and closed his eyes, enjoying the contrast between the almost unbareable heat and the cool water.
Zerren Verre
Player

Words: 40899
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 29th, 2012, 3:15 am

OOC :
Marin told me he's busy with school for a bit, and will be back in soon. He'll jump in at whatever order we're at when he gets a chance, but until then we'll just move along with Gale then Zerren then Tock.

Tock's face reddened when the cat just shifted into human form right then and there... considering he hadn't stopped to put any CLOTHES on... But maybe it was just because he was Kelvic. Tock didn't have much experience with the shapechanging race, just enough to know a few of their quirks. The rest she needed to work out just through logical deduction.

The Kelvic had been naked (save for his fur) when in cat form. Most animals never wore clothes (except when some ridiculous people dressed up their pets, which she found disgusting and irritating). So maybe he just didn't see any difference between walking around naked as a cat and walking around naked as a human.

Well, TOCK saw a difference... and had trouble keeping her eyes anywhere else. Though once he got in the water, it was harder to see... mostly because the water was a bit muddy since she hadn't lined the pond with anything. Some time in the future she'd need to line the bottom with gravel or something. In the meantime, the water was still refreshing, and the bit of dirt stirred up by their movement wasn't near enough to ruin the fun.

Ready to relax now after the hard day's work, she started clumsily swimming around the perimeter of the pond. She hadn't the first clue how to swim, having only been more than knee-deep in water two or three times in her life. But it felt so good. She tried to resist the urge to continue trying to peek through the water at the Kelvic's nakedness, but she didn't do a very good job hiding her curiosity. So finally she had to ask him, "Ain'tcha care what if'n people sees yer... err..." she flicked her fingers across the water in that general direction. Tock had almost no modesty whatsoever, but at the VERY least she kept her precious place covered (unless maybe she was really, REALLY drunk).
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 29th, 2012, 5:01 am

Gale blinked at the transformation and was startled by the sudden picture of the nude man. He quickly pulled his head to look away at the gate or something. Gale was at first confused as to why he was nude, because of his brief shock, but remembered that he was cat that didn't have any cloths on before and cloths wouldn't "magically' appear..

His lips curled awkwardly as his gaze turned to others things like Tock swimming. She swam probably just as well as he did. He hasn't really swam much either, other then the ocean, and even then it wasn't very deep. Maybe waist high. He used to ding around and such with Hana. Having splash contests as kids and such. But he wasn't good at swimming all. He could make a mean splash but swimming was different.

Gale felt awkward now, swimming in the muddy water with Zarren like that, but he supposed it was understandable. Gale closed his eyes, plugged his nose, and dunked under water again quickly before coming up. He heard Tock's question and figured the guy didn't care or else he wouldn't have changed but maybe not. If he did get uncomfortable or something about it though Gale would be happy to lend him his shirt to use... Somehow. As long as nothing was showing he was good. But...Yeah. He'd clean it when he was done probably but it would probably be better for everyone if he had something on. He would wait for the Kelvic's response before offering though.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Zerren Verre on August 30th, 2012, 11:17 pm

Zerren watched as the girl with almost nothing on swam about the pool. Less like swimming than it is bobbing though... Zerren had spent a good part of his life on board a boat, and though he hadn't enjoyed that himself, he had picked up one or two things about swimming from observing how sailors who went overboard got back to the boat... Or didn't. Glancing over at the man hanging onto the edge of the pool, Zerren almost laughed at the man's obvious discomfort. Well, since I'm already in the pool and I have no intention of moving, he can be just as uncomfortable as he wants.

Zerren looked again at the girl as she asked him a question. It took him a couple seconds to figure out just what exactly she was asking about, but when he did he smiled and laughed. "Not at all, though I do usually wear clothing when I'm in town to keep other people comfortable. But I figured you wouldn't mind considering how you're dressed." Zerren looked the girl over for a moment before leaning back once more against the wall of the pool. Bare flesh really didn't hold any appeal or distraction for Zerren... Or at least not any ADDITIONAL appeal.

Zerren still found flesh... interesting. He'd have had to be a rock or tree in order to think otherwise. But he didn't see how some wool or other cloth was supposed to make a difference. "Really, I just don't see the point. It isn't as though your body stops existing when you put cloth over it. Everyone's still perfectly aware of what's underneath that thin layer." Zerren looked the girl over again before leaning back and staring at the clear sky for a moment.

Suddenly, Zerren shook his head and slipped under the water, gently propelling himself near the muddy bottom. About half way across he came up for air and then went right back under, swimming the rest of the way to the far wall before coming up again and turning around to face the center. "I suppose I can understand wearing it in the winter, it'd be pretty petching cold without any fur. But on a day like today? I can't imagine why people wouldn't be walking around in their underwear, if that."
Zerren Verre
Player

Character sheet

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 30th, 2012, 11:50 pm

"What I's wearin'!?" Tock asked, planting her feet on the muddy bottom of the pond and turning to face Zerren with her hands on her hips. Of course, the water came up to her neck, but through the water her skimpy outfit wasn't leaving much to the imagination. The wet cloth clung to her chest and outlined the shape of her breasts, and her skirt was so short she might as well have been wearing nothing but panties.

The thing was, Tock didn't give a damn about flashing a little skin. She had far more important things to worry about in life than whether her body was completely covered. She still kept the essentials covered (most of the time), but she didn't care one bit about flashing some leg or cleavage, or wearing a shirt that exposed her bare midriff.

Until someone started oggling her or making a big deal about it. Then she got offended, not because of what she was showing, but because of the rudeness of some men in staring and focusing on her body. It was one thing for her not to care what they saw, it was another thing entirely for them to want to see it.

When Zerren popped back from under the water she treated him to a big splash, glaring at him. He had a point about clothing not mattering once, but he was still being rude about it. "Ain't fer whether it matters what's underneath, bloke," she said. "Jus' ain't 'spectable fer ta go makin' a girl feel like some kinda slut o' sommat, aye? Jus' cause I ain't coverin' everythin' up ain't mean fer I ain't gots no privacy, aye?" She didn't like the uncomfortable feeling she got when he turned it around on her like that, no matter if he was right.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 3rd, 2012, 6:23 pm

Gale sighed when he heard each of their responses. He hoped this didn't turn into some sort of argument. They were just swimming and having fun, there wasn't a need to argue about such a simple thing as clothes.

Gale decided he wouldn't get involved and enjoy the freezing water instead. That's what they were all here for weren't they? Gale went under again, keeping his eyes closed so no mud got in his eyes. He came up again and "swam" along the wall, trying not to bump into anyone, and to stay out of the way of the argument. The blonde paddled around the pool happily.

It might be uncomfortable with the Kelvic but he supposed as long as he didn't show it off it was fine.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Savaria on September 3rd, 2012, 7:02 pm

Delete post.
Last edited by Savaria on September 3rd, 2012, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savaria
Player

Words: 1737
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2012, 6:11 am

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Zerren Verre on September 3rd, 2012, 8:51 pm

Zerren started for a moment as the cool water splashed him in the face, but he didn't particularly mind it. After all, that’s why I’m here, isn’t it? I am not, however, here to be told that I am a terrible person for pointing out the obvious. Zerren scowled momentarily at the nearly naked girl but decided that it was worth her being annoyingly touchy if it meant he got to stay in the pool. “I apologize if you thought I was insulting you, I didn’t mean to if I did. I don’t feel that clothes are necessary, but that certainly doesn’t mean that I think just because someone isn’t wearing clothes means that they’re looking for someone to jump them and pull them into a dark corner. That’s the very thing I find so weird about the concept of clothes!”

Zerren realized suddenly that his apology may have just turned into a continuation of the argument and shut his mouth. He looked over to the man who had looked so uncomfortable earlier with the hopes of starting a different conversation, but he seemed to be steadfastly ignoring the hole that Zerren was digging himself. Well, petch. Looks like I’m going to have to climb my way back out of this all by my lonesome… “Again, I’m sorry if you thought I was being rude. I’ll do my best to keep my eyes and mind above the water level in the future miss…” As Zerren said miss he left a questioning pause at the end of it. See if maybe I can shift the subject before this girl grabs that shovel over there and hits me with it… Wait, that shovel is attached to the base over there… How is someone supposed to use it?
Last edited by Zerren Verre on September 4th, 2012, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zerren Verre
Player

Character sheet

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on September 4th, 2012, 12:42 am

Tock grumbled at the offered apology. Sometimes, apologies weren't fair. What if she wanted to stay mad at him? Had he taken her feelings into consideration? No!

Damn men.

So she just grumbled at him, "Well, ya go an' does 'at, aye? Ain't what like I's goin' an' makin' lots o' comments on yer man-pole down 'ere," she nodded in the general direction of his nakedness, still having a bit of a hard time keeping her eyes off it, despite the slightly murky water blocking the view somewhat.

She half-swam/-half waded over to the edge of the pond, and Diggy rolled over on his large wagon wheels, nuzzling her shoulder with the spade of his shovel. She giggled and kissed his spade, then pushed him back. "Don't come near the water baby," she told him, "ye'll git stuck in the mud o' somethin'..." When she waved him off, he obediently rolled away, sitting off past the edge of the pond and watching the swimmers with his little glass eyes.

OOC :
We seem to be losing a bit of steam, doubly so since both Nai and Marin already had to drop out. I think I'm about ready to wrap this one up and move on to new Autumn stuff. Just let me know when you guys are ready or if you want to post goodbyes soon.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)