Pool Party (Open)

Come swim in Tock's backyard! (The catch? Before you can swim in the pool, you've got to help fill it with water!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 4th, 2012, 3:52 pm

As the blonde swam around (if you can call it swimming), Gale had the feeling that the argument was just going to continue unless someone stepped in, or by some miracle, that one of them would swallow their pride and stop. Gale turned around to look at them after Tock gave her response, continuing the argument further.

Gale opened his mouth and started to say,"Okay you t-" when he saw a....shovel? The shovel was rolling over to the red head. On it's own. How was that possible, exactly? Gale slowly closed his mouth, his face showing the confusion. What? It was rubbing against her like a dog or cat or something. She told her "baby" to stay away from the water and it obeyed, retreating. Was this some kind of a joke?

"-wooooooeh." Gale's sentence vanished into a mumble of slurred sounds.

Uh. Okay, it was about time to leave anyway. He had to get back home aaaand-uh- finish his drawing and stuff. After blinked a few minutes at the shovel, then at the women, Gale nodded slightly.

"Okay, I think it's about time for me to head out. I have some work I need to do." Gale said, giving the shovel a wary glance as he pulled himself out." Thank you for letting me join you, it's been fun."

Gale went over and grabbed his shirt and shoes. The statement was half true. He was grateful he got to join them on such a blazing hot day but it was more awkward and strange then fun. Not that it wasn't fun at all, just...With the Kelvic joining along with the shovel , of all things, it just made it a little strange for Gale's likings.

He used his shirt as sort of a towel to dry off his hands and forearms so when he picked up his sketchbook it wouldn't get wet. Shaking his hair, he slipped on his shirt and shoes, the shirt sticking to him like glue as the water soaked into it. Finally grabbing his book, he turned to them with a wave/solute and said,"I have no doubt that I'll be seeing you guys again sometime." He looked at the shovel again. Hopefully he didn't see that again, whatever it was.

With that, Gale turned, and headed off out of Tock's yard and back on the street.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Zerren Verre on September 5th, 2012, 12:28 am

Zerren sat, petrified in the water, as the shovel rolled over to the edge of the pool. WHAT IN THE NAME OF ANY OR ALL OF THE GODS IS GOING ON!?!?! Zerren had a very set rule set about what was and wasn't allowed to move. Things that weren't alive weren't supposed to move on their own, regardless of how alive they might look. Well, actually there was Anselm... But he, at least, was alive at SOME point. This thing doesn't even LOOK like it should be alive! Zerren scrambled out of the pool as quickly as possible, keeping his eyes on the possessed shovel the entire time.

As the shovel reached the edge of the pool and nudged the girl, Zerren's fight or flight was kicking into gear, like it usually did when he was in situations that he didn't and couldn't comprehend. And this time Zerren wasn't about to argue with his instincts.
I can't kill a shovel, and I don't know how well it can move, so I'm not about to stick around to find out. Flight it is.

Zerren shifted back into his panther form when he suddenly pulled short. The shovel isn't attacking? Why is it just nudging nearly naked girl? And why is she talking to... Oh gods, nearly naked girl might be friends with the shovel and she might be instructing it to attack me for whatever insult she thinks I gave her. Maybe there are even more of them around here somewhere. Maybe there's a whole army of garden tools surrounding me as I sit here thinking when I should be getting the petch out of here!

Zerren turned and sprinted from the property and into the street, startling a good number of Zeltivans as he did. After all, it wasn't every day that you saw a huge, jet black cat sprinting, full on, inside town. Or maybe it isn't surprising to them; there are apparently armies of attack shovels, so maybe a big black cat will just seem normal to them by comparison... Zerren was all the way back to his house before he transformed again and locked the door behind him. Someday, I will have to stalk that girl and make sure that if she decides to come after me I'll at least have a better idea of what the petch is going on... Today, however, I think I'm just going to stay inside and hope that I don't have my door bashed in by a rake.
Zerren Verre
Player

Words: 40899
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Cascade on September 21st, 2012, 8:10 am

Adventurer's Loot

Marin's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Stealth +1
Swimming +1
Bodybuilding +2

Lore:
Forced to Work
A Hot Day in Zeltiva
Filling a Pool
Nai'shee's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Leadership +1
Reimancy +1
Bodybuilding +2

Lore:
A Hot Day in Zeltiva
Filling a Pool
Zerren: Kelvic Panther

Items or Consequences:
+ Bucket
- 5 sm
Gale's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Drawing +1
Swimming +2
Bodybuilding +2

Lore:
A Hot Day in Zeltiva
Filling a Pool
Zerren: Kelvic Panther
Kelvics and Nudity
Zerren's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Swimming +2

Lore:
A Hot Day in Zeltiva
Debating About Clothes
The Animated Shovel
An enjoyable social thread. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous