Pool Party (Open)

Come swim in Tock's backyard! (The catch? Before you can swim in the pool, you've got to help fill it with water!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 25th, 2012, 2:48 pm

Tock just stared at Nai for a moment when she mentioned 'Filly.' Then she said, "Oy. I were gonna Animate up a bucket, but I spent the last week makin' Diggy 'ere," she patted her Animated shovel lovingly, rubbing his handle and scratching behind his spade. "What fer if'n I'd done made a bucket, too, woulda what took another week, 'en yer boat'd never git done!"

Then she cast a glare at Marin when he complained about het recruitment. "Oy, Dodger!" she said, shaking a finger at him. "Ya were lurkin' in my yard, aye? Were either git put ta work, o' git shanked an' used fer spare parts! Yer choice, bloke..." She hated it when people complained about a little hard work...

After a few more trips, when they were finally making enough progress to get the water about ankle deep, several of Tock's neighbors showed up, curious about what she was doing. They all knew by now that she always had done strange project going on. One young man stepped up to peer in the pool as the water was being dumped in, and asked, "What's this? A swimming hole?"

"Will be once she's filled," Tock replied. "Go 'ome an' fetch some buckets, lend a 'and, aye?"

The young man and his two friends frowned, looking no more eager to help out than Marin had been. "But... it's hot out..." They looked longingly at the water and then he asked, "Can we swim in it once its full?"

Tock glared at him and snapped, "Oy, no ya bloody well can't, ya useless Dodger! Tryin' fer not ta work, butcha wanna 'as the fun after she's filled? Pffft, petch 'at!" She cast all three of them a glare and said, "Anyone who what wants ta 'as a dip, 'as ta 'elp fill 'er! Now go on, git! Either bring some buckets back, o' piss off! Ain't no lazy dodgers gonna been swimmin' 'ere what wit'out 'elpin' first!"

Soon they had a few more workers, and the filling was becoming more steady. Tock was considering recruiting the whole block... if she could badger them into helping, too.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Nai'shee on July 31st, 2012, 8:11 pm

Nai'shee burst into laughter at his surprise. "You actually didn't recognize me, silly?", she asked, laughing, with somewhat nostalgic look in her eyes. "It's been a while", she nodded. "Two yeas, maybe? Or even more... I signed for University, ya know. Look."

She actually remembered when she first started to interest in Reimancy. It was for eccentric wizard creating fireballs for showoff. When she came to think about it, he might have been overgiven too. She channeled some Res trough her hand to his face and let it become water. He complained it was hot, anyways. It was stupid to waste Djed like that, but she had weird habit to always try and intrigue her friend. She remembered when they were kids... She was younger, she could be just some urchin for him, but he was interested in things she knew about the city and surroundings, since she spent most of her time wandering around them.

Their conversation was interrupted when Tock found them some more co-workers. Job went quickly, according to Nai'shee's plans. She didn't even think it will go so fast. She was last in the line, so she added some more Reimancy-generated water into each bucket before spilling it into the pond. That way she wouldn't form too much in one moment and risk minor overgiving, but she'll be able to add to it while aware of her Djed levels. She didn't push herself too far, since Tock's new pool would be filled soon after, even without her ability.

OOCSorry for the delay. :'(
And for the timeskip as well, I felt as if thread was to prolong with that tempo.XD Tock feel free to add you found few more workers in meantime if you want.

ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 1st, 2012, 2:18 am

OOCAnd she did! Haha! If Gale counts at all.

Sitting under his special tree, Gale had been trying to keep his mind off the horrid weather by sketching a bit. His blonde bangs stuck to his sweaty forehead as he looked at his page in his sketch book.

Wearing his basic white shirt, he had rolled up the already short sleeves up and over his shoulders. He had tried to roll up his pants the best he could since he didn't have much else to wear but it was difficult since it stuck to him like Velcro. He had only been able to get it up to his knees. His skin had a beaded wet look from his sweating and had to constantly wipe his face with his arm to prevent his sweat dripping on his prized sketchbook.

He had been trying to draw a decent picture of his now deceased wife but was doing a terrible job at it. It didn't look a thing like her. With a huff of frustration at the heat and his inability to draw what he wanted, he lifted his head up.

Seeing an awkwardly dressed girl pass by with a ton of buckets, Gale raised an eyebrow in suspicion. What was she going to do with all of those? Gale's eyes followed the women wearing a ripped green skirt till she was out of sight. He blinked for a moment in thought then shook his head. He didn't understand what was so important that she had to do today even in this blimey weather.

He looked down back at his pathetic drawing. The hair was awkward, the eyes were too big, her nose was a point, and her head was a ball. He hadn't even bothered with the mouth yet. He sighed and tried the best he could to try and restart the picture without having to use a whole different page. He only had so many left of his valued sketch book and wanted it to last as long as possible and be used to it's fullest.

Switching from a criss crossed position, he lifted his small booklet from his lap and pulled his legs together and pulling them up to himself so he didn't have to look down at it. Placing the sketchbook against his thighs again, he hoped that his damp pants wouldn't soak through and ruin his previous drawing. More importantly Hana's.

He swore, if anything happened to those picture he would devote his life to slaying that person or thing. Okay, maybe not his whole life but a good portion of it. He would be pretty pissed. It was one of the few things he had left of her after all.

After another while of drawing, trying to get the head shape right, he looked up again to wipe the sweat off his brow again. He wasn't much of a hot weather guy. He could stand the cold much better and wouldn't mind if it was abnormally cold instead of hot. He saw the strange women again now dragging a guy along with her with...Another hand of sorts? Maybe he was getting a little too hot and he was seeing things? He set his pencil down and rubbed his eyes, wiping the sweat off his face while he was at it and looked again. They were relatively far away so he couldn't really see the difference between the mechanical arm...Thing then a real one. Shrugging it off, he looked back down and continued.

Eventually, after looking up repeatedly to see the women and her small group taking buckets of water somewhere, he got curious, and somewhat annoyed. He didn't really show it facially but on the inside of was think of why she was taking a ton of water. Others need the water too. It was like she was hogging it all or something. Standing up, Gale closed the book and held the pencil and his book at his side as he walked over and followed them. When they entered a yard, Gale stopped outside, not being on to intrude on someone else's land without permission.

He tried to see inside to see what they were doing. After seeing they were dumping it in what looked like a very very large ditch, Gale saw a few others come by. After listening to them talk about it being a pool Gale then understood. Aaaah. That made much more sense now. Gale couldn't help but smirk slightly at the thought. It wouldn't be a bad idea. But after the green skirted lady blew up on the new guys about them not working he decided that he minus well help, if he was welcome.

Gale thought for a moment and went in. If he wanted to help they probably wouldn't mind if he came in right? Standing a few yards away he said,"Working hard are we?"
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Marin on August 2nd, 2012, 9:38 pm

“A while for sure! And still showing off! Ha!” Marin watched as Nai'shee showed off her reimancy, creating water. “I have been at the University too, strange that I havent seen you there... I assume reimancy... Anything else?” Ill have to see if I can find her there... Those days when we were kids were fun... I wonder if she still explores...

Marin watched, and reluctantly helped as the pool filled, the water finally deciding to sit in the hole instead of disappearing into the ground. All sorts of water splashed into the hole, people and neighbors of Tock helping all over. As they filled, the ground became muddy, and Marin was determined to not be as clumsy as he was when he entered the 'work zone'. I must not slip... I must not slip... I must not slip...
Marin
(Really Impressive Title Here)

Words: 31725
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2012, 3:46 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 2nd, 2012, 10:25 pm

When yet another stranger approached, Tock simply threw a bucket at him and said, "Aye, we is workin' 'ard. Whatchoos, standin' 'round? Lend a 'and!" She pulled him into the line of workers, refusing to take no for an answer.

The work continued steadily, with Tock only pausing when Nai started pulling surprise water out of thin air. "'Ow fer ya didn't tell me ya could does 'at!?" she asked, watching in shock. "Oy, 'at's usin' her brains, Conch! Git 'er done lots faster what wit' some magic 'elp..." She didn't know much about Reimancy, but she understood enough to know the girl couldn't be expected to do all the work alone with magic. Still, every little bit helped.

After some hours passed and the pond was sufficiently filled, Tock dumped her buckets off to the side, and declared, "Awright, 'nought o' 'is bloody 'eat!" She jumped straight into the pond, yelping at how shockingly cold the water was compared to the summer heat. It felt so good. The water came up to her chin, the muddy bottom squishy beneath her bare feet. "Woo!" she shouted. She looked up at the others, brushing her wet hair out of her face, and waved them to join her. "C'mon, mates! Ain't no point fer 'avin' all 'is water if'n ya ain't gonna use 'er, aye?" She splashed everyone with a quick shove of her hands against the water, glad for once that the work was over and it was time to relax.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Zerren Verre on August 9th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Zerren stalked miserably through the shadows of the Zeltivan streets. Gods its hot. Not a single cloud in the miserable sky. It's too hot to go hunting. It's too hot to practice stalking. It's too petching hot to even walk around in clothes. Conviently, Zerren didn't exactly have to wear clothing when he went out. It might have meant that he couldn't walk down the middle of the street, but with the sun beating down like it was, he wasn't exactly going to be doing that anyway.

Unfortunately, even Zerren's panther form had a form of clothing.
It's too hot for FUR. I need to find somewhere to cool off, but where? There wasn't a chance that Zerren would be heading down to the docks to cool off, but that left a very small number of options as far as cooling down went. I don't really want to make the long walk out into the forest to get to the nearest stream... Maybe I can just jump into someone's wash basin and hope that they're too scared to threaten me away.

Even as he considered how exactly he would go about frighetning someone out of cleaning their clothes, he heard a distinct splashing sound from off to his right and the sound of a girl yelling. Well, maybe today isn't so unlucky afterall. Zerren ran across the street towards the house the sound seemed to be coming from. Peering around the corner of the house Zerren saw a somewhat bizarre scene, at least to him it was bizarre. That's not a natural pond, it doesn't have a shore line or any water plants... But it IS water, and it shall be mine. Zerren took in the rest of the scene and quickly realized that his plan wasn't likely to work. The two girls wouldn't pose much of a threat on their own, but two full grown men is a bit much to... Wait, is that Marin?

Zerren scooted slightly farther around the edge of the house to get a better look at the man. He isn't carrying his bow today, and it's a little hard to tell from the back, but I'm pretty sure that's Marin. Zerren walked completely past the edge of the house and started walking over towards the man. About half-way to him, Zerren realized that while Marin, if it really was Marin, might recognize him, there was a very large chance that no one else would. A huge chance really since Zerren certainly had never seen any of THEM before. There is the possibility that I should have thought this through a bit better...

oocAnd Zerren swoops in at the last moment, avoiding all work! :ninja: Not that I'm totally sure he would have been much help anyway... :lol:
Zerren Verre
Player

Words: 40899
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Nai'shee on August 9th, 2012, 4:38 pm

"Never too much", she replied with a smile. He still knew her well. "Yap. Flux, even more of Flux, yeah", he knew her little ability from the old days. She practiced it ever since she was very young child. "And Shielding. And acting. Nothing serious with acting, just gaining some tips for real life." There's nothing you can't use sometime. "What about you?", she managed to ask, while trying not to be a 'Dodger'. Or at least not to be witnessed as such. A shot chit-chat can't be considered dodging work, they haven't seen each other for a while.

"Obviously", Nai'shee replied Gale. She came up sounding colder then she intended, since she was tired and it was hot and she couldn't think. She hurried to cover it up. "We're making a pool here. Wanna join?" One more worker would be good thing and more company later even better.

When the pond was full, she hurried to enter. She didn't bother stripping, she just took her shoes off. This way she'll have wet clothes to dry on her way back to Uni, so she won't get sweaty again. "No jumping in!", she declared loudly while entering after Tock and splashing her back at the same. "I would be the first to, but I really don't want to spill half of the water on that!"

ZerrenSorry 'bout missing you out, it would be nice if we had one more round for everyone to enter the pool. If you want, just go as if Nai didn't notice you yet, even nor it would be a bit unrealistic..*shrug*

ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 9th, 2012, 8:12 pm

When a bucket was shoved into his arms he chuckled. When it was stated they were making a pool and if he would like to help, he could prevent a laughed.

"Doesn't seem like I have a choice now." He gave Nai'shee a smirk of sorts. After setting his sketchbook aside, way aside, Gale went right to helping. Even though the work made the blazing heat worse, it would be worth it in the long run.

When the pool was completed, Gale wiped the sweat off his face. Gale smiled watching the water move calmly. That is, until Tock and Nai'shee jumped in. Gale laughed and slipped his basic shoes off and turned around to toss them aside when he saw....a Panther? Never seeing a panther before, Kelvic or not, Gale instinctively jumped. His shoes flying away from the pool as he took a step back. But, it was one step too much, for he stepped off the edge and fell back into the water. What a clumsy fool he was. Always tripping over his own feet.

Coming to the surface with a surprised gasp, Gale spat out the water that had made its way to his mouth. The water was freezing! But it felt welcoming against his steaming skin. After turning to the panther who had scared him into the pool he laughed. Why was he laughing? Not sure exactly. Possibly because the panther seemed to be just standing there and it scared the daylights out of him.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Marin on August 14th, 2012, 10:19 pm

The heat of the day continued to get hotter as the pool was filled, faster and faster of more of Tocks visitors. The pool was finally filling, and the group of people started to jump in, one by one. Marin was not one to enjoy the heat any longer, and removed the now dripping clothing from his body and splashed into the pool. The water was like the feeling of hunting, surrounding him like the forest. Even though the water could not have been much colder than the air, it was still bliss comparatively.

As Marin let his muscles relax, he noticed a strange sight almost at the same time another of Tocks visitors did. A panther crept along the edge of the work zone, watching the group of swimmers. Its fur was black, sleek and almost as sweaty as the clothing of the pool-goers. The eyes looked with bright intent, watching the soaking swimmers, and wishing they could be there too. The eyes... The eyes! I know a panther! Ha! Marin's first thought, was that the panther could have been Zerren Verre. A stylish panther he is! And without any further thought Marin spoke. “Ha! Zerren, Come join the fun!” The sound carried, as Marin realized what he just did. Wait! I just yelled... At a panther that just might not be Zerren Verre.....
Marin
(Really Impressive Title Here)

Words: 31725
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2012, 3:46 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Pool Party (Open)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 14th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Tock was having fun, which was a rare thing for the hard-working girl who never took a day off just to relax. She was splashing everyone, enjoying the feel of the water, and laughing joyously all the while. She couldn't remember the last time she'd let loose like this, and just enjoyed herself.

She snorted and laughed harder when she saw one of the 'recruits' (she couldn't remember and didn't care whether he'd given his name) fell into the water. She splashed him more when he resurfaced, laughing at his clumsiness.

Then she followed everyone else's gaze and spotted the panther. Which was an unexpected sight in the middle of the city. But logic told her it had to be a Kelvic. A real panther wouldn't just wander into the city, nor be at all peaceful among so many humans. No, a wild animal would either be more aggressive, or run away in fear, not sit there all calm, just watching them. Plus how would a dumb old animal get so far into the city without being seen and causing an uproar? A wild beast would have been growling and swiping its claws at any human that got too close. Therefore, it had to be a Kelvic.

Unfortunately for this Kelvic, Tock hated cats. So she splashed a big spray of water at it and shouted, "No cats allowed! If'n ya wanna swim, ya gots ta does 'er in yer people form!"

Of course, it was always possible that the Kelvic wasn't a nice person. And even if he wasn't a dumb animal, he was still a big, dangerous predator with claws and fangs. But Tock wasn't worried. Diggy and Choppy were nearby, and on her command, they could become predators in their own right.

OOC :
Nai'shee has an away message posted. So when her turn comes around, just skip her for now. And I guess she will jump back in out of order whenever she's back and ready. Posting order isn't a big deal in a purely fun thread like this anyway.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)