Magical Bonding (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Magical Bonding (Closed)

Postby Eridanus on July 18th, 2012, 11:19 am

Day 55, Summer of 512 AV
Evening
Syliras Expedition Campsite

The various bonfires about cackled, being centerpoints of the huge encampment. Tents were scattered about, with a proper perimeter created by the knights. It was a campsite on a whole different level, with knights and squires alternating on night duty, while the group of two thousand soldiers and two hundred mercenaries were organized in a meticulous manner.

Eridanus sat on a log not far from his tent, which was not too far away from one of the bonfires. The reason was simple - he required light in order to see, for his artist's toolkit lay opened up beside him on the log, while he balanced a blank book on his knee.

Murmuring to himself as he wrote on the book, he carefully wrote down words in the first page, describing the first reimancy spell that he developed in Alvadas. The name, the incantation, the effects, the feelings and protocols required - all of these he carefully wrote down. When he was done, he began illustrating at the top right corner of the page, using the crayons and colored inks to draw the burning ball of fire that would be evoked using that spell.
Last edited by Eridanus on July 22nd, 2012, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Magical Bonding (Open)

Postby Talulah on July 19th, 2012, 12:30 am

Talulah finished braiding her hair and laid back on her bedroll. "Nighttime here is nothing like nighttime at Endrykas..." she thought to herself. "Its so quiet and tense here." Too fidgety to sleep, she stood up and crawled out of her tent. She smiled at Jewel as she whinnyed and said in Pavi, "Hi girl. Enjoying the journey yet?" Jewel tossed her head and Talulah turned to see a squire staring with an open mouth at the glowing horse. "Yeah yeah I know, I know. She glows. Now quit staring and continue what you were doing." she snapped, it irritated her that everyone always stared at her horse like it had two heads.

Talulah wandered through the campsite quietly, shivering a little because she had left her boots in her tent. She blinked and stopped in her track as she passed one of the fires. An Ethaefal! Remembering her encounter in Zeltiva; she approached him catiously and tapped his shoulder. "Excuse me, may I touch your horns?" she asked politely.
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Words: 29551
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Magical Bonding (Open)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on July 19th, 2012, 1:58 am

Mordechai had decided, for once, to try and be social with the community he'd been living with and made it a point to travel towards the main campsites. Gathering his valuables in his bag he had left his isolated campsite for the sprawling shantytown of tents outside the castle.

As he walked he was unsure of who to approach. He meandered by the tents and people until he'd passed almost through the whole thing. Slightly giving up hope he continued to pass out of the gathering.

Where the tents grew more sparse, Mordechai noticed a man scribbling quite intensely in a book. 'Now that is just literature abuse' he thought to himself. As he began walking towards the man a girl came up from behind and tapped on his shoulder, muttering something Mordechai couldn't hear. Though the thought hadn't dawned on him at first that this could simply be a journal or a sketchbook, it was slowly coming to fruition in his mind. Not five feet away from the man, ready to scold him with his finger in the air, did he finally realize that was the case.

It was too late to turn back now, might as well say something to the man, he figured.

"... umm, well, hello stranger!" Mordechai said awkwardly, "What fine architecture this area beholds, do you not agree?" My god how sad his attempt to grope at a conversation topic was.

It was at this moment Mordechai saw the drawing in the book. He saw a fire sketched out, more so, he saw fire reimancy sketched out. The very study he chose to take on first. This excited Mordechai.

"But sod the architecture, you've an interest in reimancy I see?" He said, suddenly gaining articulation and direction in his voice with the liveliness of the topic to him. He almost completely ignored the girl at the sight of this drawing, but he remembered his courtesy and introduced himself to the group.

"My name is Mordechai. Mage, sage, and for a wage, at your service!" he said with confidence. "And whom might you be?"
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Magical Bonding (Closed)

Postby Eridanus on July 22nd, 2012, 5:12 pm

The celestial creature was happily drawing in his book, engrossed in the proceedings that he did not even notice two people coming up to him. There was a sudden tap on his shoulder, followed by a strange request in a female voice. His first thought that it might be Nira'lia, for people generally kept to themselves especially in such a huge group. However, the timber of her voice made it apparent that it was someone he did not know.

Before he could turn around to take a look, there was another man that came up coincidentally who began to talk. Eridanus squinted at him, trying to make out his features, for it was dark and the man was between the ethaefal and the bonfire. However, he made out enough of the man's features to confirm that he was indeed a stranger.

"I am Eridanus, Son of Leth," The impossibly beautiful creature replied. He twisted around to try to catch a look at the other stranger, and found himself looking at a fine specimen of humanity when the light illuminated her features. If he were a mortal subject to mortal whims he would have found her mischievous glint quite refreshing.

"And that is a rather careless request, don't you think?" He berated the short woman gently. Patting the log beside him as an invitation for her to sit, he turned around again to face the human man.

Stretching his leg to kick another log that was situated perpendicularly to the log he was sitting on, he gestured for the man to take a seat there, so that he could have a proper glance at his journal should he wish to.

"Yes, I am a curious scientist researching into the mysteries of elemental crafting. I am, unfortunately, only a budding mage in this aspect and would greatly benefit from a more experienced person's wisdom."

He continued colouring the drawing in his book, finally finishing the red fillings in the fireball, then placed the crayons back on the toolkit that was neatly folded beside him.

"I am keeping a log of spells that I have formulated, pre-crafted spells that could be used quickly on a whim. I realized, from my understandings in other disciplines, that such a method would be more efficient than creating a spell from scratch every single time. A form of 'learning by rote', if you will. This journal will serve as my revision in the future should my memory begin to fail me."
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Magical Bonding (Closed)

Postby Talulah on July 22nd, 2012, 5:35 pm

Talulah sat beside him and peered at his book. As the Ethaefal and the other man spoke, she eventually understood that what he was writing about was something about magic. It didn't make any sense to her, though. She politely waited until the two men finished talking then introduced herself. "My name is Talulah Coldwind, of the Diamond Clan."

She found herself staring at the beautiful man beside her and looked away, blushing. "Maybe it is," she answered "But once I tried to touch an Ethaefal's horns without asking and he got really angry. He nearly punched me in the face!" She looked at his book again and said. "They wanted me to learn magic but it's so confusing and complicated! I'd rather just stick with a simple sword. Or bow if I have to."
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Magical Bonding (Closed)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on July 23rd, 2012, 2:06 am

Mordechai saw the man offer the log as a seat and happily sat upon it. Taking a closer look at the book, he was able to admire the quality of the drawing. This man obviously had some tact with drawing. But something seemed strange about him. That's when she said it.

"But once I tried to touch an Ethaefal's horns without asking..." Talulah trailed off. An Ethaefal? Really! How exciting, Mordechai thought. He'd never met one before and was hoping to really benefit from the experience.

"As of now I've only worked with fire reimancy, but I've gotten quite good with it." Mordechai said. "Here, watch!"

Holding his hand out in front of his face, he breathed out a stream of shimmering, moss-green res which balled in his hand. The fire began to pull towards the ball but Mordechai ignited it before it got too close. He left the core alone and began to shift it into a cube, slowly the fireball followed in shape. Mordechai then went on to do the same as a pyramid, a cylinder, and a few other obscure shapes before letting the flames disperse.

"It's always a pleasure to meet a follow mage," he said, letting his hood down,"And equally so for an accomplished young woman" He said with a wink.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Character sheet

Magical Bonding (Closed)

Postby Eridanus on July 23rd, 2012, 5:04 pm

As the hooded man came closer, the ethaefal began to make out his features, first noticing the grim look in his visage but also the passion in his eyes when he began talking about magic.

"Talulah Coldwind of the Diamond Clan. I am afraid those words mean little to me, for I remain ignorant about many things in the world. Nevertheless, I am pleased to make your acquaintance. You use the bow, then? I have dabbled in archery once or twice, but I could never find the time to dedicate myself fully to mastering it. Too many things in the world to learn," He shrugged.

Turning to Mordechai, he was just in time to see the man beginning to play with the res in his hand, manipulating it into various shapes while gradually transmuting it. The man's res was moss-green, which reminded Eridanus of floating algae, at which he chuckled silently to himself for the irrelevant reference.

"Shapes? Is it a practised move or one that you craft on the spot?" Eridanus asked in interest.

Raising his eyes above, he prepared to demonstrate what little he knew. Pulling from the djed within him, he began to materialize the astral resource, his life essence formulating as pure-white res before his outstretched palm. The res shimmered as it pooled into a small sphere, the color and purity of the material so impossibly white that it looked like it was made out of moonbeams.

"Feast your eyes on directed anger," Eridanus muttered, his thought processes gathering to simulate the many practices that he had using this one single technique. A small part of his heart burned with a little emotion as he forced the emotions to streak through his palm towards the floating res.

"Warmth Arc," He finished, while flicking his wrist upwards. The white res burned white-hot as it gradually turned to crimson, streaking upwards like a comet as it dissipated itself when it ran out of astral resources to consume.

"Beautiful, isn't it," The ethaefal whispered.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Magical Bonding (Closed)

Postby Talulah on July 25th, 2012, 6:39 pm

Talulah watched Mordechai breathed out the green stuff with fascination. Her eyes widened as he lit the green ball on fire and started making it into various shapes. "I've never really seen a mage up close..." she said quietly as she watched the flames dissapate. Her cheeks grew hot at his compliment and wink and she smiled shyly. "I'm not very accomplished." she said. "I ran away from home three years ago and I still haven't come any closer to the goal I set when I did."

She sighed as she thought about her old home and her family and shook her head when Eridanus asked her about archery. "I can use the bow but I have terrible aim and I'm not very good at it in the first place."

Talulah watched as the other mage demontrasted his skills and gasped quietly as she watched. She reached out to touch it then pulled her hand back as it grew hot. She watched it fly into the sky and disappear and looked at the Ethaefal with a mix of awe and excitement. "Woah!" she exclaimed. "It's so pretty...That was really cool! Now I'm kinda wishing I had actually tried magic!"
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Magical Bonding (Closed)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on July 27th, 2012, 2:07 am

"Indeed, that was a beautiful maneuver, perhaps I can borrow the trick with your permission?" Mordechai said, now eager to learn something new. This mage had an interesting style. His ability to control such a beautifully powerful flame was impressive.

"And as for you Talulah, with eyes like that what else could you need?" He said, still smiling at the girl.

"Here, this is one I've been practicing" Mordechai said trying to prove himself as a fellow magister. Breathing in deeply and holding the breath, he tilted his head back to look straight up. Opening his mouth wide he began to let out a long stream of res which he ignited just beyond his lips. A vortex of flame was shot high out of his mouth and spun violently in the air. Sweat dripped off his face from the heat of the flames being so close, but he continued for a good eight seconds before letting the last of the res burn itself out.

"I call it the sleeping dragon!" he said, despite the fact that he had only now just decided to name it. "So Talulah, you ran away, eh? Doing pretty good for yourself considering. I'd say that alone makes you accomplished. Being able to take care of one's self is of the utmost importance!"
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Character sheet

Magical Bonding (Closed)

Postby Eridanus on July 30th, 2012, 4:15 am

A tiny bit in the ethaefal's chest tingled, and he knew instinctively the mage's intention. Quickly pulling from his pool of djed, he flooded his eyes and senses with the innate energy, tuning on his Auristics as he observed the wizard.

Collecting aura readings from the body, he tried his best to process and analyze the method as to the man crafted his spell, from Res Extraction to Materialization to Manipulation. He tried his best to remember it all, focusing more on the magical activity of the man's aura as he did so. He was glad he did when the spell ended, for it was an interesting spell. Perhaps he would craft a variation of it for learning purposes.

"It's just a regular fireball spell, with a hint of personal customization," Eridanus admitted with regards to his Warmth Arc spell. "Nothing too spectacular here, though I suppose it's really up to individual execution."

The mage began to talk to the girl, leaving the ethaefal alone as he pondered the spell that he had on his mind while riding during the day. Riding was a mundane activity, and one that did not require much mental capacity to do. That left him to dreaming and thinking of new spells in the hobby that he had recently acquired a fresh interest to.

He was thinking of a similar spell to his original one, but perhaps with a different variation. A smaller one that beheld more res within in so as to create a more noticeable explosion upon impact.

"An exchange of tips and understanding would be excellent," He murmured as he brainstormed.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next