If it is Fate's Plan (Open)

Lillith needs answers. She thinks she will find most of them in the place of her birth... And death

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Lillith on August 5th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Summer 71, 512

Lillith looked up at the glaring sun. She missed the feel of it on her skin. She turned her attention to the ground again and grimaced as the last thing she could remember rang out in her head. Her name screeched at her. Lillith! Lillith!! She was sure it could bring her physical pain if she was still breathing. The blood had been cleared up nicely. The aura of death seemed to have been wafted away quite well too. Then again, years had passed since the incident. People may have forgotten and moved on, but Lillith had to remember this spot. This was the place she had been killed. She stood there in silence and then moved her eyes away from the spot. She then placed them where she had seen the monk lying in a puddle of blood. She closed her eyes and tried so hard not to picture the scene again. The scene where Samuel had stabbed him. And stabbed him again, and again, and again. She then missed something else. The feel of tears on her cheeks. She turned round slowly and floated away from it. She didn't want to go back there again, but she knew she might have to. To uncover the truth.

She found herself in the heart of the city. She saw some of the Nykans that she had known in life. The ones who had given her slight smiles and then turned and whispered to others. She sighed. They couldn't have just opened their minds a little and tried to understand. Lillith could see the Monastery in the distance and gave another sigh. They certainly worked hard to clear up the murder of a fellow monk. The probably would have been happy to leave her body there and let the Nykans see what happened to people who turned their back on The Celestials. But they couldn't take any chances. Lillith didn't feel angry or desire vengeance. She was disappointed in them. She knew the monks were considered warriors. Strict and even violent. But this seemed like too much. Maybe she wouldn't be so surprised at them if it had been someone else, but she had died that night. No one could change that.

She kept a steady gaze on that Monastery. She needed to get in. Find out what they had done. Lillith was unsure, "I can't just float in and start tearing it down! I think I should have proof that the monks are definitely behind this. It's very likely, but I don't know for sure." Lillith whispered to herself, despite the fact she knew no one could hear her. She continued, "Maybe I can't do this on my own. I might need help." Lillith would have probably broken down in tears by now, but she couldn't for two reasons. One was that she wanted and needed to stay strong. Two was that she had proven to herself that she couldn't actually cry, but that wasn't the main point. She closed her eyes, looked to the sun and put her hand on her amulet, "All things are connected. All things are one. If it is fate's plan for someone to come to my aid, so be it. It shall be so." She opened her eyes and waited. Waited for what she thought might be a miracle...
List of possible Lillith quotes:

"Love is like an hourglass. While the heart fills, the mind empties."
"It is better to be hated for what you are than to loved for what you are not."
"The tragedy of war is that it uses man best's to do man's worst."
"The peace I want in this world is not the peace which passes understanding, but the understanding that brings peace."

Lillith Adams CS: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic24315.html
Lillith
Player

Words: 5297
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 2:58 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Kit on August 5th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Meandering slowly down the streets, came a dark-haired youth, dressed in crisp black clothing. A small gold pin in his collar marked him as property of the Gardens, though he seemed awfully cheerful for a slave. Thought he was old enough to be considered a man, his air of playfulness caused many to be quicker to refer to him as a boy.

Today, as usual, he was traipsing through the city to run some errand or deliver some message for the scary lady. And, as usual, he had gotten lost, and very nearly forgotten what he was supposed to be doing. Fortunately for he happiness, he was too naive to suspect that Viola sent him out on assignments just to get rid of him, or that she considered him too much of an idiot to be truly useful, or that he was more of a liability than an asset and she would be glad to be rid of him for good....

He was walking absentmindedly, not really looking at anything, just wandering along, listening and smelling the noises and scents of the city. Suddenly, a bitter coldness overcame him! "Yowza!" he yelped, scampering a few feet away before turning to look at what he had just walked through.

He blinked. Were his eyes going? It looked like a... girl, except...she didn't look all there... "What are you?" he asked curiously.
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Words: 31282
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2012, 4:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Lillith on August 5th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Lillith couldn't hear anything for a while. Her own thoughts drowned everything out. Then she felt a slight tug. Like she was being pulled. She gasped and straightened herself up, looking frantically from left to right, trying to see, but she was moving her head too fast and all was just a blur.

Lillith couldn't get dizzy or sick. Short moments like these made her slightly happy she wasn't flesh or blood. She did something that resembled taking a deep breath. Then she blinked. A voice. A question? She turned to face a boy... Well he certainly looked like a boy to her. She titled her head, making no effort to keep the shock from her expression, "Young man, can you... see me?" She soon realised what a thoughtless question that had been. He wouldn't be communicating with her if he couldn't see her. She coughed with slight awkwardness and then gave a curtsy, "My apologies, young sir. I am a ghost. My name is Lillith Adams." She gave him a small smile, "I'm very sorry if I startled you."
List of possible Lillith quotes:

"Love is like an hourglass. While the heart fills, the mind empties."
"It is better to be hated for what you are than to loved for what you are not."
"The tragedy of war is that it uses man best's to do man's worst."
"The peace I want in this world is not the peace which passes understanding, but the understanding that brings peace."

Lillith Adams CS: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic24315.html
Lillith
Player

Words: 5297
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 2:58 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Kit on August 7th, 2012, 1:35 am

Kit grinned cheerfully. "Oh, that's okay. I get startled a lot! I'm Hungry!" he said, offering the title that had been used most frequently in the recent past. Before he could wonder what to say next to the strange floating lady, something else caught his attention.

It was the person he was supposed to give his message to! "I have to go now! Bye!" and off he ran. He would catch up with the person easily. Now if he could only remember what he was supposed to say...

OOCApologies for the shortness, and the abruptness of the leaving. But as I mentioned in a PM, I'm retiring this character now. I hope you find someone else to help you :)
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Words: 31282
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2012, 4:20 am
Character sheet

Postby Volens on November 9th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Volens was lost. He had left his horse at a local stable, for a whopping Silver per day. He wasn’t sure where to get a visa, or work, or food. He wandered aimlessly through the districts, trying to find anything. Mostly the people give him dirty looks, but some called out to him, challenging him to make a mistake, or telling him to leave. If only he could find a map, or a guide. But for now he wandered aimless through narrow alleys, and beautiful gardens. Then a feeling of unease hit him, he placed his left hand on his long sword, and perked up his ears.
What he saw unsettled him, there was a woman, hovering above the ground. She was more or less visible, but she seemed detached from the world around her. Volens took a deep breath, and tried to say something. But all that came out was a quiet, “Hello.”
Volens
Player

Words: 25586
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2012, 5:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lance Tycan on November 11th, 2012, 12:29 am

OOCI'm not sure they're still here because it's been two months since the ghost's been at Mizahar. xP

Lance's stomach was already uneasy enough as it was. His first night in Nyka proved unpleasant as he looked out his inn's window to witness several utterly gruesome monsters prowling the streets. How would that help him? How would that help his petched up mind? His mind was to the point where he always thought pessimistically. Lance believe deep down that he was a lost cause and had no one. He rarely kept friendly ties longer than a few hours, being sure to make it clear that they would never see nor hear from him again. However, there was always an exception to everything, wasn't there?

The young man walked around the streets where he saw a human staring at something in the street. What the hell are you staring at? Lance was one to stay quiet and rather keep himself to the outskirts of the crowd. He never brought attention to himself, or at least he never tried to. Lance certainly didn't enjoy it nor the eyes of judgmental strangers upon him. And in every city that he had ever been in that was what he had come across. Ravok, the slavers and masters, the citizens. Syliras, his own brother and several other strangers that decided to let their blasted eyes wander to the extent of being caught looking at someone who they knew nothing about. That was one of Lance's large pet peeves and it was this very pet peeve that would annoy him to the day he died for nothing would change that.

However, Lance was not a hypocrite either so he did not judge the man for staring at a blank and empty space. Perhaps he had a tantalized mind as well? Perhaps he was just a lunatic like Lance himself? I wouldn't doubt it. In this damn world we've got all kinds of pissheads out there that like to pick on the weak and feeble minds that later result in us. We're all alone and we're past the point of being saved. But Lance failed to realize the other possibilities that came in this large world, the other possibilities that could happen with so many people. Lance leaned up against the wall, closely examining the man.

Lance Tycan
Player

Words: 30023
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2012, 3:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Volens on November 12th, 2012, 1:35 pm

OOC INFOI saw that right after I posted.

The sun was setting as Volens called out to the ghost a second time, with a little more force. The Ghost, still did not answer. Volens rubbed his eyes, this had to be an effect of traveling for long stretches of time and not see a human, then suddenly seeing a town full of unfriendly strangers. His mind had to be playing tricks on him. He still felt like something was watching him. He shook his head, and the ghost hovered away, without a word, leaving Volens alone in the alley. Yet, the feeling of being watched lingered.

What a strange place, thought Volens, as he ducked out of the alley way, and entered the main thoroughfare once more. The streets were noticeably more empty. And the remaining people were quickly dispersing. He wanted to explore more of the city, but something in the back of his mind urged him to get off the streets as the locals were doing. One thing he learned on his journeys was that the locals were always right. He glanced up, and saw the worn sign of an Inn. He might be able to find a meal inside these walls, his own food stores were dangerously low.

Volens walked into the Inn, and was immediately over whelmed with the silence. There was quiet, and polite Inn conversation, but not the normal loud drunken people, shouting about utterly useless things. The only thing about the silence that Volens didn’t like was that everyone could very well notice him. And his scars, he quickly put a pair of gloves on. This didn’t seem like a friendly town to those with magic. He slowly, and quietly walked to the Inn Keeper.

She walked with a limp, but her eyes were sharp, and deadly. She looked him over once, and said, “Rooms are 2 silver, up front. You get a loaf of bread, some water. And if you’re lucky, some fruit.” She said with a force of personality that struck Volens. “Well, are you going to stay, or do I need to toss you out?”

“I’ll stay,” Volens stammered, reaching into his coin purse, “who do I talk to about temporary citizenship?”

“youll want to go to the Palace of Supplicants.” She said, taking his money, leaving no more room for questions. She handed him a cup of water, and some bread, and motioned that he leave her counter.

Volens nodded in appreciation, and sat down at an empty table near the fire place, and began to slowly eat his meal. He could feel eyes on him, but he expected that. He kept his head down, and hoped who ever was watching him would leave him alone.
Volens
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Penn Zay on November 12th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Penn walked through the city towards an inn, feeling as though there was something hidden away yet watching everyone!
She stopped for what must have been the fifth time and glanced around, before adjusting the bag she'd slung over her shoulder.
Then she walked to the inn, stopping once more to glance around at the door to the inn, before entering it and feeling someones eyes burning into her... Was it that obvious that she wasn't a human? If so, could they tell what she was, or were they the type to discriminate without learning what they we i'nre discriminating against!
Then she cautiously approached the inn-keeper, trying not to disturb her too much...
"2 silverup front for the night. Want to stay?" the woman said rather lethargically as she looked at Penn!
Penn nodded silently as she retrieved the money she needed from the pocket of her trousers and gave it to the inn-keeper.
Then she silently declined the food that the inn-keeper gave her...
She didn't need food, only company! Only someone she could befriend and protect when the time came!

She did, however, accept the water from the woman, a thankful smile on her face as she bowed her head to the woman and walked to an empty table near the door so she could drink it without feeling as though everyone was judging her for what she was!
Penn Zay's Character Sheet
Hello my little Fuzzwinkles!
I made my own rp site, feel free to join!
Just send me a pm ^_^
Penn Zay
Player

Words: 21227
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2012, 2:00 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Volens on November 13th, 2012, 12:25 pm

The door opened, letting in the dim light of the waning sun, and a young woman walked into the Inn. Volens usually didn’t stare at people, but something about this woman drew his eye. It may have been her physical beauty, but there was something more- something hidden about her. The woman gracefully, and shyly walked to the counter, and sat down at an empty table.
Master Clay hadn’t taught him much in the way of manners, and his weeks on the road hadn’t done much to help either. But, something about this Woman drew Volens. He cautiously got up, and sat across the table from the woman, and said, “Hello, my name is Volens. I have some dried meats, and a some cheese if you wanted any of that.”

He rummaged through his pack for the last of his meat and cheese.
Volens
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Penn Zay on November 13th, 2012, 1:07 pm

Penn looked up at the sound of a voice straight into a mans light brown eyes... The man, who called himself Volens, was offering her food? She couldn't help but smile slightly.
"It's okay, I have food here." she said softly, gesturing to her bag, before returning her gaze to the man, observing his short brown hair... He appeared to be human!
Then she noticed the scars on his arms, but decided not to let her gaze linger there for too long and looked back at his face.
"You have nice eyes..." she said softly, her voice sounding rather distant as she didn't realise she'd spoken out loud!
Then she glanced around before taking a sip of water...
Penn Zay's Character Sheet
Hello my little Fuzzwinkles!
I made my own rp site, feel free to join!
Just send me a pm ^_^
Penn Zay
Player

Words: 21227
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2012, 2:00 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next