A similar debate (Inodar)

A mercenary and assassin what could go wrong.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on August 22nd, 2012, 3:08 pm

Tyrell seemed like someone very on edge. Clearly he worked alone or someone would have already come out by now. What really worried him was this weapon Bojovnik assumed was a blowgun. When he saw it raised he pulled back even more on his bow ready at a moments notice to fire back at him. The two were in a stalemate for some time until the man finally lowered his blowgun. "He called himself Tyrell but no last name it seemed.

"We could kill each other it wouldn't be hard, but blood on my hands makes me look bad. This is the tough part. I don't want to kill you as I said but I also cant tell you everything or you would try to kill me. Do you know who it is your going after? Deviano isn't the easiest man to find information about...but" Bojovnik pulls out his crumpled up note and placed it on the floor. "I do believe this may help. Targets name, personalty, history, everything we would need in an interrogation" Feeling like he had showed his cards Bojovnik lowered his weapon and slung it back over his shoulder. He leaned down to pick his axe back up and tuck it in the belt.

"Tyrell, you don't seem to be from hear are you?"
Bojovnik Vybutit
Tell me I cant, I'll show you I can.

Words: 47918
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on August 23rd, 2012, 12:01 am

Inoadar reassembled his cane, his eyes on Bojovnik the whole time, and examined the note. It was, at least not something this 'Bojovnik' fellow had just thrown together. Crumpled and worn, it appeared to have been written up a week or two earlier and stuffed in a series of pockets for the duration.

It was possible the very note, itself, was valuable to him. The boatmen might be glad to inspect a note written by a competing organization. Something in the exact composition of paper and ink, the handwriting. Perhaps they know a priest of Eyris that possesses the gnosis of Lykata. All could serve to obtain a clue as to the identity of their competitors.

Inoadar looked up at the leather-clad mercenary, "I was not born here, no. As to where I am from originally, I have my reasons to keep that information private." He cracked a cocky sneer, "In exchange, I promise not to have any interest in where you are from. Deal?"

This young man before him was pretty sharp, he had to admit. He'd picked him out, despite his disguise. He'd maneuvered him into an attack stalemate, despite all his hidden weapons, with precise positioning. He'd guessed him to not be a native of Ravok. He'd guessed they were both independents, after the same target. Even though that had now become obvious, he had picked it up ahead of time. Inoadar had been unsure of it until now.

Inoadar straightened and faced the man directly, eyes narrowed. He folded his arms as he spoke, hoping his concealment of the note in an inside pocket would go unnoticed. "Ok, so you have me cornered and you have not shouted for reinforcements, so you're not one of them, and you want to partner up on this. I have no specific target here, but then again, everything might end up as a target.

"So, how do we work this? There is a situation revolving around this Deviano guy and I have no way to predict what may turn out to be valuable to me. Is this the kind of 'partnership' you want? 'First come, first serve?"
His expression indicated he would be content with that.
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on August 23rd, 2012, 12:36 am

"Well you read the note so you know what I can and cant do. Deviano cant be killed, plane and simple. I want my reward for this job and nothing more anything we find that isn't going to be needed to put as evidence is all yours. If for some reason anything is needed It will stay." The terms Tyrell gave made him sound like another mercenary but it felt like he was more of a secretive type. Bojovnik felt uneasy on this fragile alliance but he had worked with stranger people in the past.

Feeling slightly more content with the way the two's conversation had been going he started to lower his guard. Bojovniks hand still was kept on his hand axe but not in a stiff and uncomfortable manor. "Keeping information private is fine, I understand." Bojovnik nodded his head in conformation. "Well I gave you my information so what does your hand hold? " If Tyrells information didn't meat what he needed all this would be was another man in his way.

"I do know one other thing I should warn you about. When I took the job the Ebonstryfe was very keen on letting me know Deviano has some friends back in Nyka who wouldn't like to see their "investment" go to wast. Believe me I only took this job because I'm blowing town in a few days so I wont feel any repercussions and I know the Ebonstryfe cant wait to get rid of me." Feeling he should drop the name once again. If he counted right he had used that play 4 times before and felt this time calling himself one of them might actually work.
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on August 23rd, 2012, 7:23 am

"Look, you keep throwing the "stryfers" around. How are they involved? You make it sound like they're gonna let you do this job, and then eliminate you. And that they know about this guy's "friends" back on Nyka. So what do you think they want from you?"

He held up his empty hands, palms out, as a gesture. "I told you, MY hands hold nothing. I don't have an actual target. You want this guy alive. Fine. I've got no complaint, unless I find out that killing him is the only thing that will fill my pockets. I don't care if it's Stryfer gold, your gold, or the guys that hired you. And I'm not sure if there's a difference.

"I hear things, and I try to profit from them. Finding out why the stryfers care about some guy in Nyka getting his shit stolen might be worth something. Did the stryfers say whether they care about the item itself? Or what it is?" He didn't like the way this was going. Bojovnik seemed to know more than he was saying, but his remarks didn't add up. Inoadar's mind raced with questions.

'Was he working with the stryfers, or were they using him, or were they even involved? If so, why don't they just grab this Deviano guy themselves and drag him off to The Pit? And what is this "investment" they're talking about? Is it Deviano himself? Is it the guy Deviano is looking to rob? Is it the item itself?

'It sounds like the people that hired Bojovnik want to get hold of Deviano to interrogate. So don't they know any of these answers either? It sounds like they want information, same as me. Will the information be worthless to me if they get it also?'

"OK, I'll help you snag this guy, but I make no promises what I try to get out of it. If there's no reason to off this guy, Deviano, I won't. But I might just feel like interrogating him myself." He watched Bojovnik to see if it looked like there would be a protest.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on August 24th, 2012, 3:08 pm

"One question at a time friend. Alot of those I'm not allowed to speak about but I can try" Bojovnik knew he had to find someway to make this man believe that the Ebonstryfe were backing him and he came up with a solution. "They dont want to be tied into this believe it or not even in their city they cant pull every string, most notably the man being robbed. Many details weren't given to me so don't feel as if im keeping you in the dark on purpose."

"I honestly think they want me as a fall guy in case I screw something up." Bojovnik was actually very hopeful for his bull crap he just spoke and believed it wasn't half bad in all reality. " Profit may be something you can get from this. Cant tell you how much but we can work it out."

When Tyrell made agreed to work together Bojovnik held his hand out. "Great we have a partnership then" Bojovnik smiled at his new ally.
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on August 25th, 2012, 4:41 am

Inoadar made a point of directing attention to his extended hand. He turned it palm up, as opposed to the sideways "handshake" position, and reached with his left hand to remove the dart resting between his middle and ring fingers. Replacing the dart in his bracer, he grinned and took Bojovnik's hand. "Ok, partner, do we want to take then in their room or out?"

Bojovnik appeared to weigh options momentarily as Inoadar went on, "The latter will give us more ambush options, but the former will reduce the likelihood of witnesses. Do you think they will have the entire top floor? If the owner is giving them that, then she's gotta be in on it. But at least we won't have that 'witness' problem."

Inoadar employed his cane with a wobbling gait, his voice suddenly becoming wizened and weak as he turned away from Bojovnik. "Young man, I suggest we go and find out." his words punctuated by wheezing coughs and popping gums.

He feigned an unsteady gait as he turned to make his rickety way back to the mouth of the alley. He turned and waved his cane like an accusing finger back down the alley at Bojovnik, his mutters carrying an old man's resentment of the decline of his place in the world, "...and I don't need the...help...of a self-important...young...poppinjay like you...I was walking these streets when...you were.....when..your Father... was in knee britches!"

By the time he finished his tirade, he was standing in the entrance to the store and everyone around was making an effort to ignore him.

Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on August 25th, 2012, 10:01 pm

"Well it seems I meet someone more paranoid then me."

Bojovnik looked at the dart in Tyrell's hand and was glad he took it out. In an attempt to not seem startled or care he just looked right into the mans eyes. He had an odd handshake that Bojovnik wasn't used to but he didn't shake many hands so it didn't bother him to much. He asked about the way that the two should enter the bulding. The thought hadent crossed his mind yet but befor he could give a suggestion Tyrell spoke.

"Well lets go inside and see whats what?" He nodded to Tyrell as he put his disguise back on and limped out into the street again. He made a convincing old man from the way he talked and Bojovnik felt like he should go along with it. "But Grandfather your getting very weak why do you keep pushing yourself so hard."

Bojovnik glanced up and saw that they were at the entrance to the store. He held the door and felt like making Tyrell go in first. "After you grandfather." One last smile was made to help sell the cover the two were pulling.
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on August 26th, 2012, 5:37 am

"Grandfather', good move' Inoadar thought to himself with appreciation, 'he picked right up on it. Time to find out if the store is in on it.'

He looked back with a grumpy expression. "I'm fully capable of climbing stairs myself, sonny." he pushed his way in, 'accidentally' knocking the "open/closed" sign to the floor so Bojovnik would see it as he followed. He pushed his way past the pair of customers with rude-sounding, but indistinct mutters, as he headed slowly to the back, where he expected the stairs to be. The only thing he said clearly was "I'm sure I left it upstairs."

The woman at the counter could be heard hurrying to give change to the customers as she called to the "old man" about to enter the 'employees only' area. "Sir, SIR, YOU CAN'T GO IN THERE...Damn it...here" she said to the two customers, handing over some change, "Thank you, come again." she sputtered automatically as she stepped quickly from behind the counter. The two customers passed Bojovnik on their way outside.

But instead of running after Inoadar, who had just disappeared through the doorway, she ran to a nearby rack, grabbed a long pole and struck a pattern of thumps on the ceiling loud enough to be heard by anyone upstairs through the floor.

Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on August 26th, 2012, 5:21 pm

"At leas I'm working with a professional it seems." Bojovnik thought to himself as Tyrell continued to pay his part well. Bojovnik followed behind Tyrell and picked up on his idea with the "open-closed" sign. "Sorry about my grandfather I will pick it up." he said to the counter lady. As he picked up the sign he let the "closed" side facing out hopping to give them a little more privacy.

Turning around he saw Tyrell going upstairs. What struck him more was what the counter lady was doing. She ran and was sending large thumbs into the ceiling. Bojovnik cursed and turned around almost breaking the door in the process. Standing in the middle of the street he could see a few silhouettes hurrying around upstairs. Seeing no way up from the front of the building Bojovnik ran behind and saw crates stacked in such a way anybody could climb out.

Whatever the women did it was a signal. One bandit was getting out of the window and was clearly in a rush. Seeing an opritunity Bojovnik ran towards the crates and grabbed the mans legs. "Get off me!' The bandit shouted but was too late. Pulling hard and fast Bojovnik was able to forcefully throw the man to the ground. "Stop. Please somebody help!" The scream was cut short as Bojovnik hit the bandit in the face. "Were is Deviano? He in here?" It was clear the bandit was scared out of his mind and couldn't hear what Bojovnik was saying. "Hello anybody home! I'm looking for Deviano!" Again the bandit wouldnt answer and Bojovnik hit him again then pulled out his axe. "Last time...tell me if deviano is in here or I will cut you up." That seemed to get his attention as the bandit nodded and pointed at the second floor.

Seeing no need to hurt him anymore Bojovnik let him go. The man ran so fast it was hard to believe Bojovnik caught him. He looked up at the crates and could hear talking going on inside the upstairs room. "Please don't kill anyone Tyrell." He said quietly as he climbed up the crates. Looking in the window he saw only the back of the Bandits and could see Tyrell talking with them about something. Bojovnik moved into the room and stood behind the three bandits.

"Well I hope I didnt miss the party?" The bandits jumped when they noticed Bojovnik was behind them. "These guys must not be very bright if they couldn't here me." He thought to himself again. "Something doesn't feel right."
Bojovnik Vybutit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on August 26th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Inoadar heard the thumps signalling the targets upstairs and stifled a curse. There was one man at the top of the stairs who might not have heard the signal, not being at floor level to hear it through the door, nor upstairs to hear it through the floor. The man gave an annoyed but unconcerned look as he stood up and walked down a few steps to address Inoadar.

"Old man, you're not allowed up here, didn't the clerk tell you?"

It all added up now. This man would have no way on knowing whether the clerk had had any opportunity to tell Inoadar not to enter here. It stood to reason she had previously given them word she would see to it they were not interrupted, which implicated her as an ally. Noise began to erupt both above and below, furthering establishing the thumps to have been a signal and the woman to be in on it. The man tensed at the sounds of commotion, and made the mistake of taking his eyes off Inoadar to look back up the stairs for a moment.

The crook of Inoadars cane caught him behind the ankle and brought him down on his ass right at Inoadar's feet. Inoadar dropped both knees on his crotch with all his weight behind them. As the man gasped and curled up, Inoadar drove his forehead into the bridge of the man's nose with an ugly crack. Even as he sagged back unconscious, his eyes began to blacken.

The time for subtlety was past. Inoadar charged up the stairs, pulling his Tamos as he noted the knob beginning to turn. He tweaked his timing just enough to hit the door as the knob completed its turn, hearing an "OOOF!" and a thump as he bounced to the right, off the door, to collide with a man stepping through a doorway a few steps beyond.

He wrapped up the man as he kicked the stairway door closed behind him, put a knife to the throat of the man he held and ordered the man on the floor back in the room or he would "...cut this guy's throat!"

'Time to find out if these idiots are professionals' he thought to himself. If they were, they would leave the man he held to his fate and run, or attack. All pros understood that if you were the unlucky one, it was just too bad for you. Pros do not die to save the lives of the unlucky.

He then noticed a third man inside the room the man he held had been leaving. He had been looking towards the window, but now looked with apprehension at Inoadar. The man on the floor got up, raised his hands slightly and walked meekly past Inoadar to reenter the room.

He made a pointed gesture with the knife and ordered the other two men to drop their weapons. It struck him as very unexpected how easily they complied. 'Are these even the bandits? Do we have the right room?' he thought as he told the men to kick their knives towards him, which they did. He pushed the one he held towards the other two and told them to sit down as he saw Bojovnik appear in the window behind them.

Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext