Awkward, Silly, and Serious Moments with Gale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Nira'lia on February 1st, 2013, 4:04 am

You adore the site and we can all see that. Don't let things get in the way of that. Replying, photo editing, these are things that you shouldn't feel like you HAVE to do. You don't owe anyone anything. Go at your own pace and be comfortable with that. :) Same with so many other people on the site, I've lost my muse SO MANY times. There were times when my activity fails so bad because... there's no muse. You've lost your muse? It frickin happens, and it passes. Don't let it get you down, and it's not embarrassing at all.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Echelon on February 1st, 2013, 9:07 pm

*hug*
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 4th, 2013, 2:00 am

Aaaaaaw, thanks you guys! These really made my day the other day!:D You have no idea.

So in order to return a favour, I have something that would just as easily make you smile.

The Best Game In The World

Yes, I have found the most hilarious game ever. The instructions is in Japanese but the controls are simple. The left arrow key to do silent ones, the space bar to let it go. When cars pass by just let it rip!!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on January 1st, 2015, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 15th, 2013, 3:51 am

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Happy Valentines day you guys!! This Valentines day I have a few thoughts that I had bubbling in my head that could give you guys something your mind can chew on for a bit.

I love you all and I hope you guys know that, and I truly mean it. Love is often a term that (Americans at least) is used almost constantly and often times in the wrong context. Everyone believes they know what love is, whether or not they have experienced it fully. And it all can technically be true. Love is a subject that has many meanings and different perspectives. There are an abundance of personal opinions and I, personally, use it a lot too from what I perceive love is, so this applies to me just as much as the next person. But every Valentines I always get the same thought: Am I really showing others love? or am I just blowing kisses, handing out chocolates and a few kind words? Recently I have been getting around to exploring this concept more and I decided to start with the simple, plain definition of love.

love
/ləv/
Noun
An intense feeling of deep affection: "their love for their country".
Verb
Feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone): "do you love me?".
Synonyms
noun. affection - fondness - darling - passion
verb. like - be fond of - fancy - adore

Obviously, how I perceived love is very similar to the actual definition. So I think to myself that I am not exactly show others love, come to think of it. But with a few slight changes, it wouldn't be hard to do. But then I see the synonyms. I may have possibly raised an eyebrow and then look at more synonyms. Those were the "best" synonyms I could see, i relation to Valentines, so I look up a few of them, such as passion.

pas·sion
/ˈpaSHən/
Noun

Strong and barely controllable emotion.
A state or outburst of such emotion.

Synonyms
rage - ardour - ardor - anger - love

Now, this struck me rather hard. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has heard of people saying that love is a passion, so I'm sure you understand what I'm saying here:

Love isn't just an intense feeling of affection. It isn't just an attraction to your friends, family, or even your partner. It is a feeling of affection that can barely be controlled and suddenly outburst to others around you. I'm positive you are fond of a certain game, author, band, or something of the sort. If you were getting your shirt signed by that band, or you see your favourite artist in person, you can't help but have an overwhelming feeling of joy and excitement. If you're like me at all, you might raise your voice, squeal, jump, bounce around, shake, or have an ear to ear grin you can't wipe away. These can be outbursts of passions.

But my question is why can't we be excited to love one another? Why can't we raise out voice to tell someone that they look wonderful today or that they have lovely hair? Why can't we jump around in excitement to shake someone's hand and make a new friend? Why not grin from ear to ear at someone you don't know, just to try and attempt to make their day?

Self-absorption or confidence issues tends to be the source of why people don't do this, in my opinion. You could have had a and day and don't feel well enough to smile at a passerby. You might feel like you don't have enough time to spare to help someone when they've dropped their things or slipped on something. This is perfectly normal and you can't really prevent it. But I have a proposition for you. On those days were you feel fine, simply smile at strangers, help someone by holding the door open for then, shake someone's hand when you meet them. Because we all have those times where we are bummed and if you smile at that person, or shake their hand, that might just about help them through the day. It tends to be those horrible days that you remember what people do. You remember what people say, how people act. You never know when someone is having a bad day so when you aren't having one of your own, I strongly encourage you to do your best to simple have bursts of passion for others. A passion that can't be denied and won't be easily forgotten.

Here is a song that tends to help me get into this attitude when I listen to it. Maybe it will help you as well. :)

I'm also going to give a little shout out here for two very special guys that have recently showed me this kind of compassion and love. They have stepped out of their way to ask if I was okay, to give me advice, and to simply say some kind words at just the right moment. So, in hopes to return a favour, I made a small poem for two of my favourite chatters.

To Imass and Kreig :

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You do great things
so I thank you

Keep doing what you're doing guys. You two are literally changing lives with everyone you meet and I feel absolutely honored, blessed, and extremely loved that you two have decided to devote some time to simply say those few words, to create that awesome video, to just privately ask how I was doing, to give a simple compliment. Believe me, I've taken those things to heart and I won't forget them anytime soon. You guys are a very rare breed and I hope that you two continue to influence others positively like you have done to me.

From your greatest admirer
- Gale McCenry

Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on January 1st, 2015, 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Imass on February 15th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Thanks for the words of kindness brother! I didn't have a valentines yesterday so I am glad your wrote this poem for me! I really appreciate! This brought a smile to my face and heart and I needed it badly :)

Gale, like I told you before, no matter what happens we are your friends and we are here to listen to your woes and celebrate your victories! I appreciate you. The "friends" I have made here in Arizona aren't real friends. I experienced this reality recently: people abandoning me just because I didn't have money to threat them anymore and party with them. These so called friends only like me because I was able to offer them free stuff, but now that I can't spend anymore they have all abandoned me. It sucks and I learned a valuable lesson. I am not stressing it anymore though, believe me, because I know I have friends here on Mizahar :)

Keep writing brother and I can't wait until we have the opportunity to threads!

Sincerely,
IMASS
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Keira Star on February 16th, 2013, 8:27 pm

I love superchick! Great message and great poem :3 I went on a fieldtrip on valentines day, that was pretty fun and I hope you and everyone else had a great one too.

Sincerely,
Miss Star

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Keira Star
Player

Words: 25619
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2012, 8:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiran Pelyna on February 16th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Gale I have a present for you:

Hope you enjoy it!

Also Gale I love you. Well I hold affection for you, I like you. You're fun to talk to and you're very entertaining, and a great roleplaying partner even if you don't swivel your hips.

Sorry for any time I pushed you to reply! You should do it on your own time and I'm sorry, I just love our thread so much!

I feel bad after reading your rant about being pushed so bad, I feel like a bad person...

So I'm going to give you another gift!

Secret :
So I couldn't actually find what I was looking for. So instead I decided to give you a picture I took myself at my house, I do believe you told me you were Irish so enjoy the shamrock. Image

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 17th, 2013, 5:16 am

I hate you yet love you, Kay! >.> The curtsey killed me a little inside but the Shamrock made it better. But now I will forever have a curtsey in my scrapbook, Noooooooo!! Ah, I'll get over it eventually.

But don't feel bad, the rant wasn't directed to anyone. That's just what happens when I feel guilty. I get mad and complain. :P
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 18th, 2013, 10:15 pm

More awesome drawings of Gale! Yippee!! *dances* I love drawings of Gale. * pets his precious pictures
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Oran Cavarcan on February 27th, 2013, 8:19 pm

Swinging by to drop this off!
Definitely didn't feel silly just coming in to give you this or anything. Nope. D:

Oran Cavarcan
Wossname

Words: 7849
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2013, 2:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext