[Coast of Riverfall]Mad Treasure Hunt(Naeya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby I'sona on August 29th, 2012, 2:27 am

23rd of Summer, 512AV

The long indent in the sand trailed back and forth a good several feet. Each step of the webbed feet digging it deeper with each pass through, her hand beginning to dry uncomfortably around the paper as she paced. Her eyes searched the shoreline and switched back towards the city, surely more people were out and willing to go with her!

Ah!

There!

Quickening her pace she approached the magenta colored man and thrust her paper out, “Hello, I have a map—“

She received a polite nod, a brief but not unkind excuse about how he didn’t really have a moment before he hurried away. But she couldn’t fault him, maybe he was busy. And he did seem it. Not matter, she would find someone else. Her gaze drifted to the map. It had to lead somewhere! She had purchased it off a Svefra who had insisted it lead somewhere. But where she hadn’t the foggiest.

Another one!

Shoulder straightening from there slump, I’sona approached the younger man next, but he kindly declined, saying he had no interest in a game. And for the next for chimes everyone, man, woman and child alike seemed against the idea. Didn’t anyone besides her wonder what wonders could lay beneath the waves right beside them?

But patience is a virtue and in that the Charoda did not lack. Gathering her excitement once more she continued her steady solicitation of the Riverian peoples. The sun beginning to prickle at her skin and she inched closer to the water, enjoying the refreshing spray everyone few seconds.

This is Common (Basic)
This is Char (Fluent)

Alts: Matthaus
I'sona
The Sea Fisher

Words: 45654
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Naeya on August 29th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Small, cold waves splashed along Naeya's pastel-scaled legs as she bounded out of the Suvan, making for the sandy shore. Her sopping wet bangs fell in pieces on her pale forehead, which she continuously and absent-mindedly swept to the side in order to regain her eyesight. The remaining mass of blonde hair lay in untamed tangles down the length of her back, beads of water glinting under Syna's rays. The Konti's sense of modesty was all but forgotten in spite of white lingerie doing little to hide her form, and she wore a satisfied, carefree smile on her face.

The sea, the sea, the sea... The wind seemed to whisper in Naeya's ears as she strode forward, its words a mirror of her own thoughts. There really was nothing better than Laviku's domain during the hot summer, and she intended to spend all available time enjoying it.

As she stepped onto the beach's edge, intent on spending a few moments on rest, a half-naked green creature wandered past. The creature, who Naeya recognized as one of the Charoda that occasionally entered Riverfall, wore an excited expression on her face as she boldly approached a nearby Akalak. A piece of paper was clasped tightly in her hands, and she seemed intent on explaining it to the man.

Naeya couldn't help overhearing the Charoda's request along with the Akalak's subsequent refusal, and sympathy for the woman tugged at her heart. I supposed I didn't have much else planned for today...

A few short strides brought the Konti over to the map-holder, and she offered up a friendly smile. She was surprised to find herself a few inches taller than the Charoda. In a city of giants, she often experienced minor neck strain from the constant upward glance. Standing next to the green woman was a pleasant, and comfortable, change.

"Where does your map lead?" she asked, sincere curiousity apparent in her voice. Wide green eyes peered earnestly over the stranger's shoulder as Naeya tried to decipher what the fading lines on the paper referred to. She was completely ignorant when it came to map-reading and could barely tell north from south, but she figured that the Charoda's earnest solicitations meant she wasn't being particularly choosy.
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby I'sona on September 8th, 2012, 8:28 pm

A Konti! How perfect. They could swim deep underwater just like she could and the young woman seemed genuinely interested in I'sonas' map. Excitedly the Charoda shook her head, "I is having no idea where it goes! But it goes to the under water by here, see?"

To confirm her answer she pointed a finger at a tiny dot stating Riverfall. It was the only symbol she recognized and she was proud of herself for even knowing that. Gesturing to the water just behind them and then back to the map.

"We could find sea glass or something...good."

He excitement at finally having a volunteer was bubbling up inside and she was near bursting, her smile so wide it looked ready to split her face in two. But she wasn't entirely without thought she knew the sun was getting lower by the chime and they needed to get in the water.

"You will come then?" Her eyes shone with hope, "I can be reading the pictures and you can be helping and then we will be finding the treasures! And be back before the dark time."

Already I'sona was looking to the water. Her simple plan could go relatively well. So long as the map was real and neither of them got helplessly lost or eaten by whatever lurked in the Middle Suvan. Quickly the Charoda moved halfway into the water and smiled again, waving the map excitedly.
Last edited by I'sona on October 13th, 2012, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is Common (Basic)
This is Char (Fluent)

Alts: Matthaus
I'sona
The Sea Fisher

Words: 45654
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Naeya on October 6th, 2012, 2:33 am

A map... with an unknown destination, underwater travel, and the potential for collecting new embellishments for her jewelry? Naeya grinned. Just the type of mystery I adore. The Charoda may well have been holding the map upside down for all Naeya knew, but the idea of spending the remainder of her day exploring the sea excited her to no end. Besides, today seemed like the right sort of day to throw caution to the wind.

"Yes!" Naeya exclaimed, her level of excitement only a beat behind the Charoda's. "Yes, I will come with you. Of course I will come with you!" She smiled as her new companion dashed into the water. "I'm Naeya!" she called out as she waded in after the Charoda, intent on catching up.

As she reached the green woman's side, however, a new thought occurred to her. They were about to, quite literally, dive into Laviku's domain, were they not? As a Rivarian citizen, Naeya knew just as well as the next person that the Suvan was a very temperamental realm. Would it not be prudent, then, to offer up a prayer to the Sea King in reverence and thanks?

Naeya immediately voiced her thoughts to the Charoda woman. "I'd like to pray to Laviku for thanks and safe passage first, if you don't mind," she said. She was not really asking for permission, however, as she had already decided to pray whether or not her acquaintance was in agreement.

The water swirled around Naeya's upper legs as she remained standing, eyes closed. Breaths began to occur in an almost meditative manner, with long, deep inhales and exhales creating a rhythmic rise and fall of her stomach. She dropped her hands to the surface of the sea, allowing them to float gently up and down with the calm waves. "Laviku..." The name, whispered, became caught up in the afternoon's light breeze.

"Laviku." This time, her voice grew louder. "Laviku, we thank you for allowing us into your waters. We thank you for the life you create, maintain, and watch over, and for the beauty that you've allowed into our world." Naeya collected a handful of water between her two palms and raised it up to her chest, eyes still closed. Shining droplets trickled gently through her fingers as she spoke, already on their journey back to the sea. "Laviku, we ask that you watch over us as we explore your kingdom..." The water was nearly all back in the sea now. "...And allow us safe passage to and from Riverfall."

Naeya's hands dropped back down to her sides and her eyes flashed open, settling on her companion. "All right then," she smiled, happy for the calm that had settled around her heart. "I think I'm ready. Shall we?"
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Traverse on January 20th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Thread Awards!

Naeya :
Experience:
Observation 1
Socialization 1

Lore:
It is Always Prudent to Pay Homage to Laviku
The Anticipation of an Adventure

Additional Notes :
What a shame this thread had only just begun! If I'sona returns and you two wish to continue what was looking like the beginnings of a wonderful underwater treasure hunt let me know. Sorry I couldn't award any more XP!

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll be to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)