A New Contract (solo)

Evalin summons forth the Diverse once more to renew their contract

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A New Contract (solo)

Postby Evalin on August 30th, 2012, 10:38 pm

79th of Summer, 512 AV

The quiet echoed throughout the university, unbroken at this late hour. None stirred in this wing at least, within the classrooms where the higher learnings took place. It was peaceful... or so it would seem.

From one room along the long corridor there did escape what sounded like light scraping sounds. If it were the daylight hour during Syna's reign these soft noises would have easily gone unnoticed, but here, trapped within the darkness of Leth's kingdom, the incomplete silence rung out as loud as any shout or bellow.

What was it that stirred the night? What could it be that worked despite the lateness of the hour? Through the classroom down, passing by the many desks to the very front of the room there kneeled... a child. In her hand she held a piece of chalk, drawing upon the floor quick lines with a practiced hand. She moved slowly at first, drawing a large outer circle nearly 6 feet in diameter. Her tiny fingers scrapped in a meticulous way, from time to time carving a symbol on the outer edge that resembled a curved rectangle with a circle within it. Finishing the outer circle she slowly stood, moving to kneel inside the large space to draw another, smaller circle in the very center. A smile touched the child's lips as she returned once more to the outer edge of the circle, drawing smaller circles in the inside rim of the. Once she hand completed a full circuit there were, in total, 16 circles along the outer rim. Then all 16 circles were connected together by another, larger circle that rimmed the entire inside of the drawing of a whole, passing through each of the smaller outer circles in turn. Then the girl move to the very top of the circle, an within the ring she drew a large triable that took up most of the space inside. As she worked she whispered softly to herself.

"Three lined formation for stability and strength..." From the three corners she drew out 3 lines, connecting the points to three of the smaller circles in the outer ring, "Anchored to the outer edge to stabilize the gate." Standing straight once more the girl returned to the outer rim and began drawing a series of lines, connecting smaller circles across the larger drawing, "And then... Overlay the stabilized gate formation with the eight trigram formation to create a fitting environment for the summoned." This part of the drawing took some time, chimes ticking away as the drawing began to show forth for what it was. Finally, the drawing finished, the girl stood to observe her work. Within the large circle there now existed a combination of the three lined circle, triangular and stable, overlaid with an 8 lined octangular design to encourage the summoned creatures to approach the gate.

Nodding slowly to herself the child touched the chilled necklace that hung against her chest, "Awaken my dear Tsenrika. I have need of you."

For a moment nothing stirrd, but then the gem beneath the girl's fingers shimmered, lifting off her chest and slipping from her neck. Once in the air its surface glimmered, and in a strange pulsing light it shifted, molded and reformed itself into simple blue orb about the size of a robin. Its surface was perfectly smooth, reflecting everything about the strange creature. From it reverberated a voice that echoed within the girls mind, Then I come...

Evalin smiled and motioned for the familiar to rest in her raised palm. Lifting it to her face she observed the red glimmer of her own eyes upon its surface, "It is time... We must bring forth those creatures once more." Letting her hand fall she took up the chalk once more, keeling down to begin writing a series of numbers in the ring of little circles. Each circle contained a single number coordinate, "Though I would rather that their services were not needed..."

Tsenrika floated aimlessly over the circle, bobbing slowly up and down as if he were examining the girls work, A tool, however rusted and vulger, is a tool none the less. They are useful for the purposes you have in mind.

Evalin shrugged, putting in the last coordinate, "So it would seem, yet still I wonder if there are not more useful beasts in this world to do my bidding..." Stepping out of the circle the girl took up her staff from where it leaned against the large desk of the master of this room. Pausing for a moment Evalin smiled at Tsenrika, "How kind it was for Rayage to allow us use of his classroom for this. It would have been much more troublesome otherwise." If the familiar found this humorous he did not show it, and the smile faded from Evalin's lips. With a sigh Evalin walked back to the circles edge, "At times I do wonder if you listen when I speak my dear Tsenrika."

The Familiar floated to rest just over her right shoulder, I hear all you speak, yet little is worth response.

Evalin's hand moved to her shoulder, a single finger gracing upon the smooth surface of the familiar, "Truly you are better company than many. Far too much talk passes between lips that has little or no meaning whatsoever."

Her other hand gripped the staff, and the girls eyes looked over the circle one last time. Retracting her other hand from the familiar's surface, Evalin brought her thumb to the sharp point on the edge of her staff, slicing a small opening through flesh and relinquishing a single drop of darkness. Raising her hand over the circle Evalin whispered, "Let us bring forth our companions from Zaiden..."

Turning her hand so that her palm faced downward, the single drop of ichor fell, falling upon the very outer edge of the circle. Then... the silence was broken. With the sound of thundering rapids a torrent of energy began to flow from the outer edge of the circle, covering the laboriously drawn picture with swirling energy that focused on the very center of the circle. When the flows of energy connected in the middle the entire inside of the circle began to dip down into the floor, the flow of djed beginning to look like a whirlpool in th center of the floor. Now only the very outer edge of the circle could be seen, the rest was lost in swirling lights and an endless darkness inside.

Turning her head to look upon Tsenrika, Evalin motioned to the gateway, "Go now and fetch 2 of the brutes. That is all that this portal shall accommodate."

Tsenrika bobbed upon Evalin shoulder for just a moment before floating up and shooting into the endless darkness of the gateway. The girl's hand came to grip the cloth over her chest, a pained expression crossing her features as she felt the bond that linked the two straining. A grim smile touched her lips as she winced, My... I wonder if this is what I felt so long ago... Sorrow perhaps...? Bitter anguish? How amusing to feel such again when parting such a short time, but then the cost is so far smaller than the gain in this. She chuckled to herself, eyes on the portal, awaiting that moment when she would be completed once more.

For what seemed like an endless time, but which in fact was but a few chimes, Evalin stood at the portals edge, hand clasped at her chest as she waited for... And then it was. Like a flower bursting in bloom Evalin felt the connection she held with Tsenrika snap in place once more, and from the depths of the swirling energy there rose the form of the blue orb. A sense of relief filled the girl as Tsenrika settled on her shoulder once more, and his voice touched her mind, They come...

As if to confirm what the Familiar spoke, a swishing sound echoed from the portal, and a form began to rise from beneath the rippling power. It was.. A hand. A hand large and deformed with only 3 fingers, the other 2 lost to some beast it appeared... The hand reached, grasped and finally took ahold of the edge of the circle. Another hand quickly followed, and slowly a figure began to stand in the torrent, his features hidden by the water like streams of djed that washed over him. As the one figure began to rise, another hand burst forth from the torrent and gripped the edge, the vague outline of another large form fighting to stand against the crazed current of magic.

The 2 figures stood straight, the waves of djed rolling off of them like water rolling down the rocks of a waterfall. Their features were revealed, and Evalin was once more reminded of their pitiable existence. The one with only three fingers on his left hand stood close to 6'5 in height, and his great shoulders bulged with ugly and deformed muscles that looked far too big for his frame. His right arm hung longer than his left, and his lopsided facial features did little to add to his appeal. The second one was shorter, though still close to 6 feet in height. His body proportions were normal for the most part, but the hair on his head looked greenish in color, and strange bony protrusions riddled his back and side. It looked as if his bones had not grown right, and now the surface of his skin poked out over a skewed skeleton.

Both looked about the room, curious expressions upon their faces. The one with the missing fingers made as if to venture outside of the circle, but when his hand excited the ring a sound like cracking electricity echoed and a chain of djed flickered to life around his body, wrapping around his neck, arms, chest and legs with invisible chains. The Diverse quickly pulled his hand back, and the chains of djed faded, though Evalin could still see them as clear as day.

A small smile touched the girls lips as she spoke, "You may not leave this circle just yet my dear Diverse. Not until we have formed a proper contract."

The two trapped within the circle finally took notice of the child that stood before them, the holder of their potential freedom. The one with the odd skeleton spoke first, his voice rather melodic despite his appearance, "Who are you girl? We were told that the witch Evalin had returned for more hands to bloody in her name." The other diverse did not seem to be paying attention to the conversation. He was once more testing the limits of the circle, pulling back each time the electric shock racked his body.

Ignoring the larger Diverse, Evalin spoke to the smaller, bonier one, "You have been brought here by my aid for my own purposes, Diverse. Yes Evalin has summoned you, and she does have need of your kinds particular... talents once more." Rapping her staff on the ground the girl through her arm out in a dramatic fashion, placing her free hand upon her chest, "As for who I am, I am she who has called you. I am Evalin, the Witch of Flame and Shadow. The one who shall sever the hands of fate and free this world from its shackles. I have use for you my dear Diverse, if only you would listen to my words."

The creatures eyes narrowed, becoming thin slits as the looked over Evalin. from him exuded a dangerous aura, a feeling of many lives taken and taken gladly. For almost a full chime he simply stared, and then he sucked in a large breath... and bellowed out in laughter, "You!? You are the great witch Evalin that has brought so many of our brothers such glorious death and blood? You, this little girl, are the one who slaughter so many of us in your attempts to gain power?" His laughter rung loud and full in the empty space, and his companion looked back as well, slowly beginning to laugh as well (though Evalin was not sure he really understood why he was laughing).

For a time Evalin let the laughter continue, waiting patiently for a break in the chuckles to continue speaking, "Yes I am she, and I now offer to you what I have offered to so many of your kind before..."

Wiping tears of mirth from his eyes the smaller diverse spoke, "Why the shyte should we believe you girl? In fact, what do we need you for anyway? We can do enough killing and blood shed on our own without being told who and where!" He slapped his bigger friend on the chest, "Ain't that right Croger?" Croger blinked stupidly, but then smiled and nodded to his companion, speaking in a deep gravely voice, "Right Kay."

Evalin reached a hand to touch the surface of her familiar, Just as moronic as all the others...

Tsenrika spoke softly in return, Those who bathe in blood and bask in the slicing flesh should not be expected to be anything but...

True enough my dear Tsenrika. Evalin looked between the two men, her shimmering crimson eyes echoing an ancient intelligence that stilled Kay's merriment ever so slightly, "Hush now and listen..." Her voice reverberated with a chilling tone, so strange an alien issuing forth from a child's mouth. Perhaps it was the utter surprise that such conviction, such confidence... such utter command could echo from eyes the color of freshly fallen blood... but the Diverse fell completely silent, "I have summoned you here not to be mocked for this flesh I wear, but to discuss with you the terms of your service." Kay made to speak, but Evalin's hand came up, her finger curling as she stared into the man's eyes. The invisible chains about his neck tightened, cutting off what words he would have spoken. Evalin smiled, a ghoulish grip that looked all the more sinister plastered upon a childish features, "There now, thats a good tool. Listen to me and I shall grant you blood and carnage, as well as other rewards for your service to me." Evalin's hand relaxed, and so did the chains that held Kay in place. Croger's eyes were locked on Evalin's, though she could not be sure if any true thought was possible within that thick skull of his.

Looking between the two Evalin continued, "I have found over the years that your kind excels in causing panic and mayhem in the mortals here. Your abilities to inflict pain and bloodshed have alwasy been useful to me, and now I offer to you what I offered to your kin. Do as I command and become my tools, and you shall be allowed to shed blood to your hearts content. That is, when I command you to."

Kay looked at Evalin, his expression not quite so amused as it had been must moments before. Turning he looked at his larger companion, "Well what do you think? Should we listen to the little witch?"

Evalin frowned, Be damned now this will take all night! The bumbling oaf would be best kept to himself unless I have need of knocking over a tree...

Croger blinked slowly, scratching his head with one of his three remaining fingers and looked up and around the room. Kay seemed to be waiting patiently for the larger man's reply, but Evalin was already growing impatient. When a full chime ticked the girl sighed, rapping her staff on the ground and speaking so that both could hear her, "Well then, what shall it be? Shall you let yourselves become idle in that barren world you call home, or will you do as I command and shed the blood of more than just your own kind and random beasts?"

Though Kay glanced at Evalin he did not speak, but Croger's eyes fell fully on Evalin once more. His small eyes a curious shade of brown looked the girl up and down, and then in a sudden motion the great beast of a man fell forward, his longer right arm stretching far past the circles barrier, grasping for the child that spoke. Evalin's eyes widened as the man broke through the barrier, shards of electric power streaking across his body as he moved forward as if nothing could stop him. Within her the power gifted to her by Uldr welled up, allowing Evalin to move faster than most humans could. Falling back Evalin felt the breeze created by the wide sweeping arm of the Diverse, but with a frown the girl clenched her fist. The chains about Croger light up with a swelling of power, the girls djed responding to restrict the Diverse further, yet the man did not fall back into the circle.

Croger's eyes locked on Evalin's, and he spoke in his gravely voice, "Witch... Don't forget that you want OUR strength. Shut your mouth or I will crush you where you stand." When Evalin did not respond the larger diverse nodded, sinking back within the boundaries of the circle, "We will accept your offer, but be warned... if you do not keep up your end then I shall rip your arms off and use your skull to drink the blood from your veins."

Evalin's eyes narrowed, but she remained silent a moment longer. Kay's smile returned, and he chuckled, turning his eyes on Evalin in full once more, "You heard the big man, we will come when you call for us, but you better be sure there is blood to be had, otherwise it is yours that will be had."

Her hand tighted around the staff, but when she spoke her voice was calm, "Very well... I accept your terms. I shall call for you when you are needed." With that Evalin waved a hand, and the thundering torrent sound returned in full. The tide of djed swirled and began to well up, wrapping about the legs of the diverse as they were slowly pulled back under. Croger seemed to lose interest once more and had taken to watching the flashing lights, but Kay, a smirk on his face, waved a hand at Evalin just as they were pulled under, "See you soon little witch."

The eyes of the girl did not leave the portal until it had finally closed, sealing the floor once more and leaving nothing but a smeared chalk drawing in its wake. Touching a hand to her lips in thought Evalin spoke to within her mind, It is always the same... Such foreful words and threats to be my undoing if our terms are not met... Evalin smiled, Yet they still do not yet understand. Tools are to be used by their masters, and even if the master wishes to cast them aside they can do little to stop it."

Tsenrika stirred softly in the back of her mind, The greatest advantage is found when all think they are in comand...

The girl's smile widened and she chuckled, "Yes... they shall learn just as all their kind before them did, though the lesson will never be brought back to that world." Still chuckling softly the girl turned, pulling her cloak tighter about her, the sound of her staff upon the ground once more breaking the deafening silence.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A New Contract (solo)

Postby Cascade on September 19th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Evalin's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Drawing +1
Summoning +3
Familiary +2
Negotiation +2
Intimidation +1

Lore:
Summoning the Diverse
Tsenrika's Aid
Diverse: Croger and Kay
Diverse: Negotiating a Contract
Stable Octagon Circle
Combining 3 point and 8 point Circles
Ominous thread. Hahahah. Looking forward to seeing how Ev uses this contract. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)