All That Glitters[Gale]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

All That Glitters[Gale]

Postby Matthaus on September 9th, 2012, 1:34 am

“Petching piece of shyke petch!” the words flew from his lips as he felt the grip in his hair. He had been so close. So close. He could see his escape rapidly dissolving in front of his eyes that and a few strands of hair being removed from his head. He didn’t want to get caught. Not by people in charge of Zeltiva, he had just got to the city!

Then he actually listened to the voice and struggled to free his hair, mostly only tugging out more strands. “You’re going to get me and you caught!”

Angrily he finally managed to tear himself free, spinning on his heel to face the man. He felt a torrent of things bubble up, but people point in their general direction caught his eye. Sighing he regretted the curses and even trying this con so close to other people. Working quickly he shoved his hat into the top of his dress and tucked his hair into the nape of his neck and under the collar of his dress. Turning to the shirtless man he looked around swiftly, trying to think. He was shirtless. An obvious giveaway. That left only one option.

“We have to go back. Hide near the docks. Then you can yell and whatever.”

He looked towards the beginning to part crowd, “And we need to do it now. Stay down or I’ll let you get caught. A kid can’t get in as much trouble as you can.”

It was too manipulative and not really his style. He’d done things not right but he didn’t want someone to rot away somewhere because of him. Setting his jaw he reached for the man’s hand, ready to tug them along back the way they came. But first…

Grabbing the nearest two males he could find, he shouted at them to stop. Throwing out all public decorum he pulled up the dress and reached into his undergarments and pulled out two gold miza and thrust them at the boys. Ignoring their mild disgusted looks.

“Run that way and don’t stop till they catch you.”

“Who?”

“Do you want the coins?”

The boys glanced at each other than shrugged and began weaving through the crowd, laughing and wondering what the heck they were doing. Matthaus turned back the shirtless man.

“Time to go.” he held out his hand once more.
Last edited by Matthaus on October 5th, 2012, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alts: I'sona

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Words: 62706
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2012, 7:52 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

All That Glitters[Gale]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 9th, 2012, 5:10 am

The murderer lost grip of his hair as he tugged away, seeing he pulled out a few strands. He didn't pay any heed to the curses that escaped his mouth. As for the getting caught, "Then it would be your fault for trying anything in the first place now wouldn't it?" Gale responded angrily. He looked at his hand, holding the strands he tugged out and shook them off, listening to him as he explained that they needed to go to the docks. Gale nodded in agreement when the comparison to how much trouble they can get in was spoken. He shuddered from a chill up his spine once again as the liar paid two boys to run.

Now it was "Time to go." Gale nodded but didn't take his hand. This was where walking around the city all day for 10 years comes in handy. He knew the streets almost like the back of his hand and knew how to get to the docks from here using the alleys.

Gale didn't run but walked briskly. Running would only grab more attention. But once they were in the alleys they didn't really have the need to run unless someone was onto. The route Gale planned on taking was forming in his mind as he walked along the stands and people. He obviously couldn't buy a shirt right now but maybe he could "borrow" one. He hadn't particularly "borrowed" (stolen) anything before. At least not when tons of people were around. When he was a kid he stole a few pointless things but he was mostly alone and it wasn't anything big either. But it probably wasn't much different from then as it was now.

Gale scanned the stands in front of him, finding a clothing stand not to far from the alley they would be entering. Perfect. Gale glanced over his shoulder at Matthaus to see if he was there. He hoped that his casual walk and facial expression made up for the bare skin so he didn't seem too noticeable. Again. His feet brought him towards the alleyway but within arms distance from the stands. As the duo neared the stand, Gale made eye contact with the lady at the stand. He flashed genial smile, she returning it, being on the very left of her stand, sitting on a stool. He felt her eyes on him as he passed her, but was slightly relieved when he heard her say,"Hello." to someone.

"Hello." another voice behind him said.

Good. She was distracted. Gale placed a hand on a folded black shirt at the end of the table, slipping it off and around his arm. He quickly brought his arm in front of him so if she looked over she wouldn't see the thief carrying away some of her merchandise. He assumed she didn't see him, hearing her continue her conversation with the other voice.

Gale was probably going to regret taking the shirt later but he would also regret not getting one. Either way he was going to have regret so he'd rather be warm then not. The young man slipped around the corner and into the alley way, glancing over his shoulder once again to check and see if Matthaus was there. Assuming he followed, Gale swerved through alleys and less busy streets till they made it to the docks.

The wind made Gale even more cold so he supposed he would put the shirt on now. He unfolded it, holding it by the shoulders and watched it unfold into a black dress. Gale scoffed at himself. Of course. He sighed as he walked to a less busy spot. It was a simple fix. He just needed to tear off the extra fabric. After stopping, he looked at Matthaus with his glare and said, as he started to tear the dress,"What was all of that about huh? You really shouldn't blame things on others. That can get one into more trouble." He spoke harshly. He kept an eye on the boy, just in case he would try to leave before he was done with his scolding. Not that he was one worthy to scold others on what not to do.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

All That Glitters[Gale]

Postby Matthaus on September 9th, 2012, 5:38 am

Matthaus huffed a bit. He wasn’t used to that much exercise. Pulling his hair out of his dress he sighed loudly, making it obvious he thought it was the other man’s fault. “It would have gone fine if her father hadn’t come. And then I tripped myself, I forgot I don’t have anyone to pretend to be my mom anymore.”

“And don’t try and scold me anyhow, you just stole a—a dress!”
another thought struck him, “And if you hadn’t been shirtless she wouldn’t have noticed you and then I wouldn’t have had to probe you to see if you knew they were fakes and you talked about where I got them and…and what’s done is done. Scolding me won’t change it.”

But he wasn’t really upset with the man, he was mostly frustrated that he didn’t know precisely where to go find his bag and he didn’t want to get too close to the area they had been so anyone could steal his things. But he had to admit, it had been fun. Nostalgic even.

He looked at the man evenly for a few moments, getting himself comfortable and re-tucking the hat into his dress. The man hadn’t turned him yet and couldn’t, his little screw up back there had made sure of that. Then he waved his hand at the older man in a gesture for him to continue with whatever he was planning to say.

“I should let you know my name is Kaelic. You can try and turn me in but, well, you’re involved now. By your own choice too. You could have ignored her.”

He was trying to coax the other man into agreeing and it wasn’t a true lie. The man could have walked away as soon as things seemed funny. But he hadn’t. And still something tugged at his gut and Matthaus muttered the apology lowly, hoping the man wouldn’t actually hear it. “I’m sorry you almost got arrested.”

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

All That Glitters[Gale]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 9th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Gale raised an eyebrow when he talked about having no one to play mom anymore. He looked down at the dress as he finished ripping half of it off. It would look awkward if only one part was ripped off so he ripped off a little around the collar and sleeves to make it look like it was just the way the shirt was. He had to do a lot of improvising with his shirt until his last use of it. He'd rather get attention by not having a shirt then having one with blood and eyeball-...eh...Stuff over it. But he wasn't just going to tell this brat about that, it wasn't his business.

The blonde rolled his eyes when he turned it on the fact that he didn't have a shirt. How did he know he was going to bring that up?

"I wouldn't have stolen it if you didn't try to pin everything on me. I don't do it often but I thought it would be better for everyone if I had a shirt, considering what just happened. Since I couldn't really stop to smell the roses and buy one I improvised, okay?" It wasn't the best excuse he ever had but at least it was one at that.

He gave him another name and explained what he could have possibly done. "Right. Like your name is Katherine? And I wasn't just going to let you take advantage of someone. Even if it was a rock, things like that lead to things like what Igno- ugh never mind." He waved at hand at the long haired kid as he slipped on the ripped shirt. It went a little past his hips but the improvised shirt was big in general. Not exactly his style of shirt but he couldn't complain. It was warm and it covered his skin and that's what he wanted.

A sighed followed Matthaus' apology. "I suppose it's alright. It's not the worst thing I could get caught for. I'll have you know though that you're lucky to have chosen someone who is a lot nicer then others." He didn't mean to compliment himself but it was sort of true,"If you two have grabbed another man or women then you might have been worse off. Not everyone is as temperate when they get used like that." He wasn't sure if any of that came out right but he hoped the lad got the point.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

All That Glitters[Gale]

Postby Matthaus on September 11th, 2012, 1:13 am

“If you’re so noble you could have let yourself get caught and not stolen the shirt,” he smirked, “and things like that lead to what? Tried that trick before?”

Matthaus snorted as he finally was able to straighten out his thoughts but gave the other a semi-true smile. The man was almost funny in the way he almost seemed to sincerely believe what he said. It was a pack of lies. People just did things, good or bad and no matter how much this man tried to give him advice you couldn’t call the kettle black. “You’re right. I shouldn’t use people its…”

He couldn’t even lie about that. It just wasn’t going to happen. Instead he just looked up at the man.

“For all you know my name is Kaelic and I can call you Harry. I probably will do this again but unless you plan on turning me in we can call it even if I just don’t use you? After all, you’re the reason it went wrong.”

His sympathy for the man was gone and he no longer felt any guilt just the strong urge to find his belongings and get away from this man before things blew up. Again. Holding out a hand he looked at the man evenly before speaking quietly. “Bygones? We can pretend this never happened. And next I’ll make sure you aren’t anywhere near me when I try that again.”

It was simple and blunt but the man couldn’t turn him in without turning himself in so Matthaus had no real worries except that he would be followed. He’d have to cut his hair because the female disguise probably wouldn’t be usable again.

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

All That Glitters[Gale]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 11th, 2012, 2:58 am

Gale rolled his eyes,"I never said I was noble. I just stated that I don't plan on doing anything with you unlike what someone else would do." Gale shook his head. This whole back and forth thing was getting on his nerves. It seems all his conversations turn into a conflict like this. He was just sick of it."As for leading to other things, I mean the fact you could possibly turn into a murderer or something. And no, I haven't tried to con someone with a rock." His eyes rolled again.

His hand shoved back in his pockets as he listened to the boy spoke. He didn't respond to his statement about being even. It wasn't needed. He already said that if he hadn't have tried anything (or at least used something better then a river stone) then Gale wouldn't have even gotten involved.

He didn't really care anymore. Once again, his attempt to do something good turned into regret. He probably shouldn't have gotten involved, let Lhex do what he wanted to do with the boy. It wasn't- Harry? Really? Out of all the names in the world, he chose to call him Harry? This was a moment when he would have actually preferred his nickname. Gale shook his head again, not wanting to comment. It was a big city so hopefully he wouldn't run into the brat again and be called Harry.

The thief looked at Kaelic with a half blank face. The other being just irritation. If he ever had kids that turned out like this he was positive he was going to let Tock torture him to death. "Do what you want. It's not my life." Gale said simply as he turned to walk back home without giving the boy's hand a second glance.

Maybe this is why he's constantly stressed. He's always thinking of others' lives and stuff. With that added on to a stressful event you get a very irritating life. Gale just wanted at least a few sunrises and sundowns where he wouldn't be bothered by another petching situation. He should also probably stop thinking about it all as well. The boy was not his problem anymore and he never really was. Like he said, it wasn't his life. He lived his way and other lived theirs. He should probably keep it that way or more trouble will come to him.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

All That Glitters[Gale]

Postby Matthaus on September 11th, 2012, 3:48 am

In truth he had almost enjoyed running. It had reminded him of something he hoped to leave leagues away in another city. But a real grin split his features at the mans near huffy attitude and how he walked away. Obviously he wasn’t a people person but it had worked out for him, if annoying people got him what he needed then that was fine by him. In good humor now that things weren’t going downhill he waved to the man, “See you around, Harry.”

His mirth faded as he realized he had to wait to get his belongings back. Probably had to wait until dark time. Dark time in a city he wasn’t familiar with and find an alley he couldn’t even remember. He looked down at his dress, not to mention he needed to change before someone remembered ‘Katherine’. Untucking his hair he felt something solid in his hand and realized he still had one of the stones. Well, at least he still had something to pass the time with.

Strolling on the docks he reached his hands down and rinsed his face and hair with salty water. Watching his makeup slid off. It really did make a difference without makeup and dirt covering his face. Pulling out his hat he tucked his now damp hair entirely under it and watched for his next target. Pratice makes perfect after all.

End

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

All That Glitters[Gale]

Postby Cascade on September 27th, 2012, 10:22 am

Adventurer's Loot

Matthaus's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Disguise +2
Impersonation +2
Auristics +2
Subterfurge +3

Lore:
Dressing as a Girl
Finding a Victim
The Aura of Gale's Amusement
Finding a Fall Guy
Harry and Kaelic
Gale's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Subterfurge +1
Rhetoric +2
Running +2

Lore:
The Evil Little Con Artist
Used By A Child
Harry and Kaelic
...That's a love picture of Matthaus as a girl. :P ANYWAY. Poor Gale, getting dragged into all of this. This was such a fun thread to read, and Matthaus is such a little devil, isn't he? If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous