[The Waterpark] Yeah, I'm Cool (Rosela)

A lifetime of living in Syliras has even the easy agitated Xuphim captivated. There's still much more to see, including a member of a race he has never personally met.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Xalet on November 5th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Xuphim seethed for a moment as he watched the shadows disappearing into the labyrinth of chambers. The echoing sounds lasted slightly longer, but dissipated with time as well. Was it the work of the Gods, or did Xuphim just have bad luck? So close. He knew well enough that emotions were fickle and sometimes fleeting. Turning back to the Eypharian, Xuphim wasn't one to apologize when there didn't seem to be much to apologize for. "Feel free to call um brats, ain't nothing but the truth. Must be nice though, those few times where you ain't got no cares. Even if it's just a short while. Eh..." he commented finally, sweeping his oily black hair away from his eyes, slicking it tightly against the rounding of his skull.

"They can like me all they want, ain't got much use for um. Sure as the Void is dark and cold ain't got none of my own." the Akalak said with a sigh, dropping the wide width of his back up against one of the damp walls. His sigh didn't carry longing, but instead a sense of uncertainty. As much danger as he could laugh at, having children was something that he did not feel prepared for.

The calm, placid surface tension of the pool had been shattered by all of the movement, just as the passionate air had been broken down and ground away. He'd get it back one day, but for now he had to admit his defeat. Beaten by children, it wasn't even something he could laugh at inwardly. "I'll catch you around." those words came finally, awkwardly. Pushing off from the stone he waded through the water toward the exit, something just registering enough for him to finally comment, "I'm loving the six arms by the way. Bet they can make a man feel real good." Of course his immediate intent was to find out for certain. Only time could tell, "Later." Just as abruptly as he had arrived during their very first meeting, after their short time together the Akalak was gone. Vanishing just as the children had.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Rosela on November 6th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Though Xuphim clearly hated children as much as Rosela did, it didn’t soothe her mind finding it out. A lovely situation had just been ruined, and she wasn’t quite sure how to start it back up again. There was a rush of cool air against her skin as he turned away, and goosebumps prickled her arms. She crossed the top pair, leaning the other four behind her. ”No cares? Hmph, they’ll care soon enough.” It came out more bitter than she intended, and she ran a hand through her hair again. Had she ever been that rotten as a child?

”Glad to hear it. As has been so thoroughly demonstrated, they’re a bit of a mood killer.” She moved slightly away from the wall, still staring at the slide where the gaggle had disappeared. ”I’m certainly not planning on any.” The thought of mothering a brat of her own was enough to send a small shudder through her frame, as it had when she’d first entered the city and found out about the servitude of the Nakivaks.

Despite the broken mood, Rosela still looked up in surprise when Xuphim said his farewell. She hadn’t a clue how to continue a conversation after this fiasco, but she’d hoped to hang onto him for a little longer. It was her turn to smirk at his parting comment and she waggled her fingers in goodbye. ”I guess you’ll just have to find out another day. Tata.” With a heft of his massive body and a fading splash, he was gone.

The climb up the stairs was disappointing, but her mood grew as she made it to the locker room, changed, and left the park. She’d see him again, and what’s better, they could skip all that introductory mess when it happened and get straight to the good stuff.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jackalope on December 5th, 2012, 4:58 am

Xalet

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Bodybuilding +1 Throwing Kids Can Be a Workout
Observation +2 Getting No Help From Your Other Half
Seducation +1 Telling It How It Is
Rosela: Six Arms, A Million Possibilities
Children Ruin Everything!

Rosela

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Observation +2 Avoiding Akalak Children
Seduction +2 A Tantilizing Challenge
Xuphim: Rippling Muscles, Sexy Akalak
Little Brats Ruined The Mood!

Witty Remark Here
I really enjoyed this, guys! Think I got everything, and hopefully these two can have another chance to be..erm..'improper'. ;) With no children around even. Great job! :D If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous