[The Waterpark] Yeah, I'm Cool (Rosela)

A lifetime of living in Syliras has even the easy agitated Xuphim captivated. There's still much more to see, including a member of a race he has never personally met.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Xalet on September 6th, 2012, 7:07 pm

56th day of Fall, 512AV

Ok, so Xalet was right. Though Xuphim wouldn't take the time to vocally recognize the truth behind Xalet's assumption based upon eyewitness testimony that Riverfall was something altogether exotic and unlike the life they lived in Syliras, the light soul was totally correct. The wonder was huddled with other feelings as well, some of them not so foreign. After over two decades of living amongst a mass of Humans, being surrounded by Akalaks felt somehow discomforting. These were Xuphim's own people, and yet seeing so many was just unsettling. While he and Xalet would never be a Human, growing up amongst them imprinted the common scenery of an endless sprawl of Humanity. Of course he couldn't get away from Humanity entirely, even if he wanted to.

"Throw us, throw us!" a group of small children, some little more than half the size of Xuphim called out. The Waterpark seemed to be a fairly happening place, and while Syliras had the hot springs, there was certainly nothing as large or elaborate as this. To take full advantage of the energy of youth, these children had chosen the burly built Xuphim as a Human catapult to give them that extra adrenaline releaseing rush in getting down to the lower pools.

"No, I'm not throwing anyone. Get away, you bunch of bothers." the towering Akalak grunted, his wet hair reaching down to barely touch the tops of his broad shoulders.

"Oh Priskil Xalet...ohhhh Priskil I'm gonna kill some kids. I'm gonna do it Xalet, and Priskil is gonna be PISSEDkil." he attempted to release from mental frustrations by talking them over with his 'voice of reason', whom had seemed to be comically absent from the entire conversation.

"C'mon throw us!" they continued. Were all children this determined? Was this some kind of initiation for the new Akalak in town?

"Fine you little brats, you want it, you've got it!" bending down the Akalak yanked the first young male out of the water. With a backward sway he tossed the boy straight down one of the slides, to which the sounds of excited screams and laughter filled the air.

"Yeaaaah! Me next!" a few chanted, and Xuphim did his civic duty in sending each one down a different slide to their watery fate. Best to keep them separated, this way at least they would need to find each other before finding Xuphim. Like meaty sacks of potatoes the trained Syliras tossed chucked them, causing the power packed in his musculature to aid in their propulsion down the smoothed slides.

Once the final child was gone from his view, the big man was left rubbing some of the ache from his biceps. "Man, what a messed up way to get exercise around here. I'm not getting caught up in that crap again." he muttered, pulling himself out from the pool as he sought a seperate set of stairs to ascend before slipping his own body down one of the steep slides into a more private pool. He had stowed away his equipment, a pair of beaten half trousers were all that remained on his body.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Rosela on September 6th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Rosela considered it practically shameful that it took her halfway through fall to finally make it to the waterpark. She’d seen the river, the waterfall, parks, this and that, but only today was she finally going to the waterpark. She’d even bought official swimwear for the occasion, though it wasn’t the patterned cotton affair she’d sighed over in the shop. The red linen two-piece suit was durable, but was getting her plenty of stares just the same.

It was midday and the locals seemed to think it was quite hot, as Rosela eavesdropped on this or that conversation while making her way to the main pool. Silly people; anything north of Eyktol didn’t know what hot was. Whatever the relative heat however, it was to be thanked profusely, Rosela decided. Lovely, shirtless Akalak men meandered about the waterpark, talking, lounging, splashing…Ah, what a wonderful place.

Until she noticed the children.

They came into her vision in the same way one notices a colony of ants in the grass, busy with constant motion and utterly repulsive. One with its mother started crying a few steps away, and she quickly moved in the opposite direction, only to be cut off by a line of them sprinting towards the water. She ducked quickly as a ball was thrown by her head, and nearly tripped over a giant, rubbery toy as she tried to get away. Children, screaming and crying, seemed to fill her vision until she saw an open space against the wall and threw herself against it. All six arms wrapped around herself, and she tried to remember why she thought this was a good idea.

“Are you ok?” An Akalak, a bit slimmer than would be expected, stepped into her view, looking at her with excited concern.

”Thank you sweetie, I’m fine.” She waved a hand nonchalantly and used another pair to push herself off the wall. Smiling with false gratitude, she mentally picked out of the crowd several other, bigger, men she would have rathered ask after her wellbeing. Quickly forgetting the young man, she worked her way along the wall towards stairs that appeared to be towards an empty private pool on the outside of the cliff. With any luck, she’d be able to spy from there.

Sighing noisily as she slipped into the water, she perched on a ledge in the water and leaned back. It was such a pity Ahnatep didn’t have fresh water, if only to make those wondrous pools. It was a bit deep for her liking, but she could stand up in most of it. A city of water was the perfect place to learn how to swim, but she simply couldn’t be bothered to make the effort.

A swooshing noise echoed down the slide, even over the din from above, and Rosela very nearly, stupidly, put her head in front of the slide to see what it was. Fortunately, a massive Akalak popped out of the slide before she could. Shrieking instinctively, all six arms shot up too late to hide her from the splash as he plunged into the pool. Granted, her makeup was waterproof, so he wouldn’t do much damage, but still!

"Do you mind?!"
Last edited by Rosela on October 12th, 2012, 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Xalet on September 7th, 2012, 2:52 am

Somewhere in the back of his head, just before he ended up beneath the surface of the water, Xuphim could have sworn he heard something. It was high-pitched, almost like a yelp or a screech. Before too much consideration could be given to the noise, the cool, all encompassing essence of the crystalline Riverfall water washed it all away and replaced it with the sounds of liquid in motion.

Soon enough Xuphim came up from beneath the water, whipping his head backwards while simultaneously slicking the hair out of his face. It was a selfish motion that did little else but sling more water all over the place. From the hips upward he remained exposed from the topmost surface of the shallow portion of the private pool. There was no way around it, even for an Akalak the Syliran was in good shape. Marble carved abdomen? Check. Wide, powerful pectorals? Indeed. Properly proportioned upper arms and forearms? Apparently. Musculature wise, he seemed like a near perfect Akalak specimen. Of course anyone who spent any length of time with Xuphim learned he was far from perfect. That 'length of time' was usually the duration between the initial meeting and the time he first opened his mouth to speak.

He cleared the water from his eyes just in time to hear Rosela's inquiry. "Eh?" he turned to face her appropriately, getting a look at the exotic Eypharian for the first time. Someone like Rosela was possibly used to getting stares, especially outside of her native home, and Xuphim was quite prepared to stare as well. However, the amount of stares was potentially greatly reduced when the criteria of the stare was to intently and rather shamelessly be totally focused not on the woman's many arms, but her voluptuous...upper chest.

"Well damn, looks like I picked the right pool. Sheesh girl, you save any curves for the rest of the females around this place?" That sort of comment wasn't complete without the appropriate predator sneer that went along with it. Promptly after arriving in Riverfall, Xuphim was met with a profound and quite saddening realization. The ratio of males to females was...greatly skewed away from his favor. Looks like he chose his slide correctly. Wait, six arms...

It had finally registered, "Oh shyke Xalet wake up! This girl has six arms! On the one side that top of hers looks like its getting a real duability test and she's mind-numbingly hot, but on the other side, the girl has six arms! I'm so confused, what do I do in this instance!? Xalet? Brother? Xalet you bastard?!" nothing, Xuphim was totally on his own.
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rosela on September 8th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Just as Rosela lowered a couple hands, another splatter hit her as he shook out his hair. Was he trying to get her as wet as possible? Just because she was sitting in the water didn't mean she wanted to get soaked. All her lovely hair would frizz terribly after this, she just knew it. Finally lowering all her hands, she used one to brush her hair out of her face and got her first good look at her attacker.

Oh myyy.

Now this was what she came to the waterpark looking for. Rippling muscles and all that lovely violet skin on display, soaking wet. Relaxing instantly, she settled back and leaned her arms around her, one propping up her head. A sly, satisfied smile came over her face as she reveled in his scrutiny. She got stares all the time, but it rarely came with such private surroundings and from such a fine specimen. She mentally thanked the maker of her swimsuit for making such a fine display of her assets.

"Mm, mm, mmm. I bet you say that to all the pretty girls." Another hand reached up to slowly play with her hair and she gave him a smirk. His expression changed minutely as she did so and his focus seemed to shift to her arms. He seemed surprised to see them, almost bordering on panic, if Rosela had to guess.

"What's the matter, sweetheart? Never seen an Eypharian before?" She kept the question playful, but couldn't keep out her own surprise. He looked to be around her age; how had he grown up in Riverfall but never seen a woman like her? Eypharian women weren't exactly common in the city, but she'd seen a couple here and there. None as pretty as her of course, but that was a given. Maybe he'd only ever seen women from one of those tacky four-armed families? How terrible - she'd just have to enlighten him.
Last edited by Rosela on October 12th, 2012, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xalet on September 10th, 2012, 11:53 pm

"It's tough to let a hot brunette go by, I'm not gonna lie." he admitted. Interestingly perhaps the two souls were becoming closer than he realized. Xalet's immediate interest was always Priskil, the dark haired beauty. Xuphim seemed to be responding through all of that emotional feedback, finding himself likewise drawn to appealing dark haired ladies. "And there ain't a whole lot of those to go around. Them Konti's seem to catch a lot of eyes, but I don't know how I feel about blondes." of course it didn't help that several of the strapping blondes he had met while in Syliras turned out to be...crazy, or hiding something. "Kontis are fine an' all, they're a little..." those big rough hands, beaten from years of handling weapons and dealing with the inside of rawhide gloves riveted directly to metal backings rose up and created something of a straight cylindrical motion from top to bottom, "...narrow for my tastes, if you catch my meaning."

Now the Eypharian question, well that had just as much to do with his upbringing as the rest of his wonder about Riverfall. "Never had many Eypharians in Syliras, least none I got real close with. Only Eypharian I ever really got within breaths reach with was this old goat over in the Spires. Ran a merchant caravan, only had four arms though." Now that was a fellow Xuphim would have rather forgotten.

The Akalak closed the distance between the two of them slowly, his tall frame moving languidly through the rather pristine Riverfall waters. "Enough about that guy though. Speaking of guys, this place sure has an abundance of them. Kinda weird going from a place where you're the only one of your kind, to a place like this where my people are all over. Guess women are a rare thing 'round these parts, so I'll need to hang onto you tight, right?" the violet hued Syliran slapped his hand against one of his wide, ovular biceps.

"I take it though you've been around this place a bit? I wouldn't mind someone like you showing me all the fun things to do around here. It'd be a big bonus if your wardrobe consists of articles just like what you're wearing now. Heh, less is fine by me too. Name's Xuphim, member of the Syliran Knights, and now a recent transplant out in the middle of nowhere." was Xuphim some sort of budding seductionist, or was he just a hormonal idiot? Even his own light half couldn't always tell, "What's the custom for meeting a gorgeous Eypharian woman? Do I kiss all the hands on one side? Is there one in particular? Or...should I be kissing someplace else?"
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rosela on September 12th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Rosela had never met a Konti before, so his reference went over her head for a moment before she caught on from his hand gesture. ”Blondes? Hmph, brunettes have all the fun, you know. Can’t speak for old merchants though, especially one with only four arms. Only certain families have the four-arm trait, and I personally think six arms are so much more attractive. The more, the merrier, you know.” She winked saucily and two left hands dropped to trail in the water.

As he drew closer, Rosela took the opportunity to give him another look over, lingering on each of the muscle groups. Abs, arms, shoulders, pecs; how delicious. Gripping the ledge, she stood up from the underwater ledge to lean against the warm stone of the pool’s rim. ”Plenty of…guys, I suppose, but certainly not enough men.”

She smirked when he smacked his bicep and glanced over him again. She had the sudden urge to pinch that muscle, just to feel its wonderful firmness. Without her actually willing it, one hand reached out to touch him ever so lightly on that arm, and two fingernails walked themselves up the firm, violet skin. ”Not too tightly, now. A girl could get lost in these muscles.” She gave him a long, sly look before withdrawing her hand.

”I’ve only been here since the end of Summer, but I’ve tried to get out and about. Sorry to disappoint you, honey, but I do have real clothes. I’m afraid swimsuits are just for sunbathing and lazing about these wonderful pools.” Sliding along the pool’s edge, she closed the remaining gap between them. ”Pleasure to meet you Xuphim, I’m Rosela. Also a transplant, from Ahnatep.” Memories threatened to surface and disrupt her good mood. Quickly distracting herself, she ran the forefinger of her top right hand up Xuphim’s steely right pectoral. ”I believe the upper right hand is tradition, but you can kiss whatever…strikes you.” She punctuated the sentence with a light scratch and met his eyes boldly.
Last edited by Rosela on October 12th, 2012, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xalet on October 7th, 2012, 3:54 am

The multiple arm thing was still up in the air. Whether someone had four arms or six, it certainly wasn't the typical two Xuphim had spent his entire life looking at. "The more the merrier, huh? Yeah alright, I can see that." he narrowed his eyes, nodding slightly at the concept. There was a lot of things he could think of a woman doing with six arms, and none of those thoughts were all that chivalrous.

"Yeah, lot of artists and thinkers. Decent amount of warriors, but not as many as I would have figured. Who knows though, maybe they're all hiding something. Us Akalak's are pretty good at that. Ain't never had time for all that, been too busy keepin' alive, and keepin' folks alive that ain't too good at it themselves." Of course what he meant was the lifestyle of a Knight, though there was more to it than Xuphim alluded to. His thick, heavy shoulders could shrug off that duty, attempting to be non-nonchalant about it, but over a decade and a half in the Order gave him enough background with the Knights to be considered a fairly dedicated member. Even if it was Xalet at the helm for a majority of those years.

"Heh, get lost all you want. Ain't got the time to move along slowly when it comes to folks that interest me. Been close to dead enough times to figure out that one day the dice just roll against you, and I'd rather not be thinking I wasted a bunch of time when I could have been accomplishing something." her touch made his shaped chest muscles clench tightly, but only for a moment. The reflex of the corded sinew beneath wasn't an attempt to show off, but the body reacting to the reality that women didn't normally touch him in such a manner. For years the Humans of Syliras had feared even approaching him, and that was when the obscenely courteous Xalet was spouting out his polite nonsense. Now that there was a delicious looking woman that appeared to genuinely enjoy the appearance of a big man, it got Xuphim's body excited.

As lightly as he could manage he gripped her upper rightmost hand, so delicate compared to his. Even as a young Akalak, Xuphim had a beaten pair of paws for hands. Years of gripping the hand of a weapon or the straps of a shield had left the padding of his fingers over-built up and calloused. The inside of the rawhide that mounted the riveted plates to his gauntlets forced the skin to become somewhat insensitive, lest it spend all of it's time becoming irritated. His lips were fairly soft however, appropriately so for the smoothness of his young skin, that much could be felt as he laid them upon her hand. "Rosela. That's a good name, I like it. Don't know much about Ahnatep, seems to produce some fine women though. Whatever strikes me huh? Right now I'm hoping the things I'm thinking about aren't illegal in that pamphlet they give you when you come into this place. Anyway, you an' me should figure this place out together then, what do you say? It seems I'll be sticking around for a few seasons at the very least."
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rosela on October 12th, 2012, 4:22 pm

”Keeping alive? Oh, you poor baby…” Rosela stuck out her lower lip in the very image of pity. ”I suppose I can’t blame you for not wanting to waste time then. Who has time for frivolity when Dira could come any day?” The effect of her pitiful expression was ruined when his pectorals trembled under her touch and her attention was drawn to them. Unconsciously, her tongue swept over her lower lip.

His hands were large and rough, and gave testament to a life of hard work. Syliras was worth a blessing or two for making such a man. Did men like him only exist there? She was quite certain she hadn't seen such a fine example of men running around Ahnatep. Why couldn’t her husband – ex husband – have been more like Xuphim? Stronger? Bolder? Less, well, feeble, in every sense of the word?

His gentle kiss made her chest tighten, and she was certain he’d be able to see her heart pounding. If his attention drifted to where it had been earlier, he likely would. As he lifted his face from her hand, she wordlessly took his hand in two of her own. It dwarfed hers, and she ran her fingers over the lines and callouses. A smile crept over her lips as she ran a thumb over his wrist, up his arm, and across his collar bone, where it trailed off and left him reluctantly. She just couldn't get enough of that luscious violet skin. ”Illegal, hm? I don’t remember many fun things being outright illegal in there, but I’m sure we could test a few limits. I expect I'll be in town quite a while as well.”

For the first time since he dropped into her pool, Rosela tore her eyes away from him and looked pointedly around the very-public pool, lingering on the slide and stairs. ”We seem to be all alone for the moment though. So tell me Big Mr. Xuphim,” she moved forward one last step, until her chest was a tantalizing inch from his. ”You wouldn’t try anything improper in a public pool, now would you?” She kept her hands at her sides or on her hips, to keep herself from touching him again. Deliberately licking her lips, she stared up at him, brimming with challenge and promise.
Last edited by Rosela on November 3rd, 2012, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xalet on November 1st, 2012, 9:48 pm

Xuphim was colored surprised. With a history of female interaction ending up with him getting slapped across the face, to find a woman that appeared to think on roughly the same wavelength, and find importance in roughly the same desires felt so unusual. He couldn't hold back that grin, predatory and lustful. A few individuals that had seen Xuphim enraged during combat likened him to an animal disguised as a man. Did all Akalaks feel this way? Was there a level of bestial instinct in them that a Human lacked?

"Heh, you're my kinda woman. I'm up for that kind of testing. I'm a hard worker, see..." it wasn't difficult to note the minimal distance that separated the two of them. It didn't take Xuphim a second thought to move his body forward, pressing their bodies together. Xuphim wasn't one to spout anatomy lessons, but he had been told he was a 'warm' individual. The large amount of muscle mass made for a surprisingly strong circulatory system, pushing blood around to that thick purple frame. Rosela would be able to feel that warmth as he closed in, continuing until his six-armed pool-mate was flush between the wall and himself.

Reaching out, Xuphim slid an arm around Rosela's bare waist, dull grey eyes watching hers, recognizing her challenge. "Improper? Heh, seems like nearly everything I do these days is improper, so I'll stay consistent. Ain't no regrets from me, gettin' to be improper with the likes of you..." his overall vocal tone began to lower, quieting softly as he leaned down. Most of his shoulder length, dark and stringy locks clung tightly against his frame, still matted from the wetness of the pool. Those that didn't hung down between his face and her own, momentary barriers that Xuphim had every intention on overcoming as the distinct between their eyes lessened. Mentaly Xuphim was already cataloging all of the 'improper' things he was planning by order of overwhelming impropriety. That was until...

*Splash!* A variety of youthful voices could be heard, although one was most distinct over them all, "Found you! Throw me again!"

Was this one of the same kids from before!? Snapping up from the position he was in, leaning over Rosela, Xuphim spun around to face a trio of children, two Human males and a Konti, "Are you freakin' kidding me?! You kids are like Xuphim seeking arrows of disaster! I'm busy here, take a hike." that deep voice of his grumbled, one huge arm sweeping in front of him to send a torrent of water at these juvenile interceptors.

"Uh huh, and what were yooou doing?" a mop-topped boy asked, pointedly looking back and forth between Xuphim and Rosela.

"Something you won't be doing for a hundred seasons. Now get your ass on up out of here." whether by intent or not, Xuphim had given the boy just what he wanted, a Akalak powered assistance at flying down the slide which connected the formerly private pool to he next. Though he could never understand it, it seemed somehow no matter how sour he attempted to be with them, kids simply got along better with the forceful Xuphim than with the awkward Xalet.
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rosela on November 4th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Rosela loved his grin in that moment, an almost predatory lust taking over his features and radiating out from him in an aura of raw hunger. Blood rushed into her cheeks and through every inch of her skin. She was certain that now, pressed together, he could feel every muscle in her body, strained and throbbing, waiting.

“I am so very glad to hear that. You’ll be working for me…”

Heat spread through her belly and his skin seemed to sear hers as he wrapped one massive arm around her waist. One pair of arms slipped up over his shoulder, and the four others clutched at his arms, tighter when he started to back her up. There was a moment of confusion since she didn’t want to turn and see where they were going, but as soon as her back hit the cool stone wall of the far side of the pool, she sucked in a breath at the sensation. Trapped between a hot body and cool, smooth rock sent tingles running over her arms and chest. One leg snaked up to wrap around his as his face grew closer and closer…

The splash behind Xuphim was jarring, and immediately broke the mood. Her leg dropped and she straightened stiffly to see around him to what could have possibly had such bad timing as to drop in right now. It was children of course, the only kind of creature that could interrupt a fine time with such surgical precision. As much as she wanted to wring each of their necks – and she could likely do it simultaneously – Xuphim promptly told the little monsters off and took care of the problem altogether, sending the trio riding a wave of water down into the next pool.

”Well. The brats, ahem, children, certainly seem to have taken a liking to you.” She ran a hand through her hair, brushing it off her face and neck. The mood was thoroughly broken and another pair of hands dislodged themselves from Xuphim’s shoulders to rub at her temples. ”None of them were yours, right?”

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next