Don't Go into The Woods!

A simple meeting between one lost soul and a wandering spirit.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Noaru on September 17th, 2012, 6:31 am

''''Hmm... So, that's your response? Interesting’’

The two souls delved into the darkness, it was a dark and gloomy night--things were moving up and about in the darkness, horrible things possibly... creatures that seemed to be born from the very imagination of evil itself could be lingering around or things incredibly more sinister than they could be about! Noaru thought of these things since he himself could be called one of those ''evil-monsters'' due to the nature of his deeds and attitude towards the living at times. He remained silent afterwards; knowing that at any moment something could come rushing from the darkness, wanting to consume his soul... probably.

''.......''

The spirit remained silent as he pushed on, it was the trees being harassed by the wind that provided noise for the two souls on this darkened path, saving them the trouble of hearing any horrors that might be stalking or lurking in the brush around them. It was the sudden gusting of the wind that allowed the howl of a tormented spirit to be heard ahead in the distant path! Noaru couldn't help but stop and then proceed again, he wasn't sure if what he heard was actually real, it could be something trying to lure him or just the wind playing a harmless joke.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Allan Campbell on September 18th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Allan stopped dead in his tracks as he heard the howl. He saw that The hound had stopped too. But as he started moving Allan didn't. It could be the wind but it sounded a lot more lifelike. Allan began moving again, staying vigilante. His eye sockets darted everywhere as he knew that at any moment he could be jumped by the howler. He said none of this to hound though. He didn't want to appear cowardly.
Allan Campbell
Player

Words: 6183
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 3:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Noaru on September 22nd, 2012, 5:36 pm

''''We have company, at first I wasn't sure but its certain that someone's out here..... hunting. ’’

The spirit's words carried not the slightest bit of comfort, it was as if he was trying to scare someone but that was just like him to be hat way at times... dreary and cold. The crunching of sticks and fallen leafs catches his attention, two bodies erupt from the darkness soaked--covered in blood: a man and a woman, he could tell from their voices as it was to dim to make out their full features. The two seemed frantic; they really wanted to escape from something but from what!? A hand-axe hurtles from the darkness and hits one of them behind the shoulder, he was so afraid that his brain didn't register the pain in his body, it just compelled him to run to survive!

''.......''

Noaru steps back into the darkness and observed the scene that was taking place from the shadows, he wasn't going to get involved it wasn't his place to do such a thing especially when it had nothing to do with him. The woman wasn't so fortunate... A barbed chain whips from the darkness and wraps around her ankle, she falls and smacks her head onto a stone but she didn't lose consciousness: the adrenaline coursing through her veins doesn't give the her luxury of being unconscious before her death; dragged into the darkness she watched in horror as a colossal figure raises its weapon and crushes her skull.

The male who escaped had went into hiding unable to move very well due to the axe lodged into his left shoulder, he reached over his head and grips the handle, pulling the axe from his shoulder! He begins to cry not from the pain but from the loss of his love, he waits till the forest becomes completely quiet before reemerging from his hiding spot under a tree. Noaru approaches this human from the darkness, silently standing before him.

''I can offer you vengeance.... human.''

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Allan Campbell on September 23rd, 2012, 11:33 am

Allan watched helplessly as the woman was killed. He turned to speak to The Hound but he was over next to the man. Allan floated over to meet him. He had only met the Hound minutes ago but he felt like he had a lot more experience than him. He looked at the man who bleeding helplessly. He began to feel uncomfortable as he remembered feeling the same when he himself had died.
Allan Campbell
Player

Character sheet

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Noaru on September 27th, 2012, 11:46 pm

'''' I see... you are unwilling to answer my question right away, so be it! In time you will ''answer'' ’’

The spirit turned from the injured mortal, he felt little sympathy for him and his lover: why would they be out and about during this stormy night anyway? What was their purpose? The spirit asked himself many questions inside his mind but wouldn't let his thoughts force him to go astray, he turned towards Allan; he felt that the young ghost wanted to ask him some questions. It was a hunch, nothing special or that he could just be paranoid or something... One never knew what Noaru was thinking and sometimes the spirit would lose track of things: he was sort of master procrastinator at times.

'' You wanted to ask me something?''

The spirit was curious to what Allan wanted to ask him or if he wanted to ask him something, he didn't know for sure but he did want to be safe and clear whatever was on the young ghosts chest, he didn't like things left undone or said.

''''

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Allan Campbell on September 28th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Allan watched as the man's life slowly drained away. He would be dead soon, but not yet. Allan began to feel sympathy for him but then snapped out of it. He wondered why a man and woman had been out here at this hour. Something seemed wrong. He turned back to the Hound.
"I was wondering what your name was, my Father always said that the first step to trusting someone is knowing their name"

He moved around the human, assessing his wounds. His Mother was a nurse, not that it mattered now.
Allan Campbell
Player

Character sheet

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Noaru on October 2nd, 2012, 5:31 am

'''' My name is Noaru!’’

''I'll.... I'll accept your offer!''

Noaru turned his head in surprise in the mortal mans direction! He had never heard such a quick response from someone before especially from a human that has recently witnessed the death of someone dear to him, he should know what Noaru was after or what any other malevolent spirit would want: a body to cause pain or mischief in. Noaru stepped towards the human just three meters away from him, he grinned looking the man square in the eyes as he asked this question.

''Do you give me permission... to enter?''

''Yes! I do!''

The black soulmist around Noaru's body swirled around Jacob, it entered his eyes, ears and mouth; it was an uncomfortable experience, having an entity invade ones body and spirits like Noaru tend to have a near everlasting effect on their hosts when willing to cause bodily harm. Jacobs body jerked as he occasionally gasped for air, he saw the image horrible image of his lover being revealed over and over and again before Noaru completely took over.

'' Possession... I can always get used to this, come now my ghostly companion we have hunting to do.''

Noaru held a bloody axe within his grasps, his malice could be felt oozing from Jacobs being, it was reflected clearly off of his eyes; someone else was going to die tonight.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Allan Campbell on October 3rd, 2012, 5:59 pm

Allan watched as the black mist swirled around the man. When his eyes opened, they were no longer a dying man's eyes. They were a dead man's eyes. Allan followed "Noaru" as the ghost called himself, deep into the woods.

He kept thinking he caught fleeting glimpses of a "thing" in the woods, but it seemed to just be his imagination.
Allan Campbell
Player

Character sheet

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Noaru on October 8th, 2012, 6:20 pm

'' You seem a bit quiet back there, Allan; wondering what's going on or what's going to happen?''

''I won't forgive him! That monster, he killed Sasha my love will you actually be able to kill this beast?''

Noaru chuckled as he listened to Jacob's little rants, he knew all too well that things were not going to go as planned--what he was truly dealing with was indeed a monster in all the sense and Noaru did not want to pass up the opportunity in possessing it. The spirit wanted to peer into the thoughts of a killer since he was to a killer and wasn't afraid to admit it, he was also curious to what was ahead as well, thinking deeply into what the experience would be like to delve into the thoughts of another fellow killer.

''This will be interesting! A night to myself with company.''

''.........''

Noaru felt a slight tension in Jacob's spirit but paid no mind to it since meeting this ''monster'' was the only thing he was concerned with, he began to move quickly through the brush into a kind of speed walk, if you may say. The spirit wasn't too keen on ''running'' in his new toy but whatever he saw earlier he didn't want it to vanish, if it did, this would have been a wasted effort in possessing Jacob and thus he would have to kill the poor heartbroken human.

'' I believe we should be facing this thing soon... I can feel it.''

Noaru couldn't help but notice this level of killer intent circulating within the vicinity, it felt like he could be decapitated at any time by some unseen force from the shadows, he himself could almost feel someone’s desire to completely severe the skin from Jacobs bones--that's how intense this monsters killer intent was towards anything that breathed life and moved inside his territory.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Allan Campbell on October 20th, 2012, 8:58 am

Allan floated through the woods behind the Noaru. He kept seeing movement in amongst the trees but when he looked over there was nothing. Several times he saw a lone Raven, Perhaps it was a sign sent from the gods. But no Monster, yet.
Allan Campbell
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext