Don't Go into The Woods!

A simple meeting between one lost soul and a wandering spirit.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Noaru on September 10th, 2012, 4:38 am

8th of Fall, 512AV

The sun finally sets upon the horizon as many dark clouds aid the night in darkening the skies, it was a particularly eerie night where many would take refuge home and those weary of the dark would remain somewhere safe, it was this particular night that one spirit would become active; lurking, waiting, hiding within the darkness for some poor soul to wander off the opened path. This spirit was Noaru who took pleasure in chaotic nights such as these, it was a perfect time for him to wander about and find interesting subjects to victimize.

The spirit like any other similar to him was perfectly at home in desolate places that carried a uniqueness so charming that it would seem to lure the unsuspecting to it--almost hypnotizing souls into exploring its depths but only to find dismay and horrors that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Noaru stood cloaked in darkness almost waiting for someone to appear to look where he was standing in order to scare the life out of them but to what he was truly waiting for remained a mystery as so few know what an ancient spirit actually thought of...

Last edited by Noaru on September 15th, 2012, 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Meeting of Two...

Postby Allan Campbell on September 10th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Allan floated through the dark land, his eye-sockets peering out towards the dark trees. His eyes darted back and forth, checking for a threat. He made himself appear confident to anyone who could see him, who expected was actually no one. But inside, his non-exsistent blood turned cold. Live or dead who really wanted to be floating through a forest at night.

Allan spotted movement in between the trees and despite his anxiety, his curiousity took over. He slowly made his way over to the tree's, making sure he was invisible. He expected a small mouse or something similiar, but he did not expect a black hound!
Allan Campbell
Player

Words: 6183
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 3:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet

The Meeting of Two...

Postby Noaru on September 10th, 2012, 9:14 pm

The spirit turned in Allan's direction after feeling the presence of another spirit in his vicinity, he was surprised to see another wandering soul just like him out and about at this time usually even ghosts wouldn't be out at this time of hour! He was very pleased with such a find.... to be able to find another spirit at this time of hour was perfect. Noaru exhaled a chilling breathe of cold from his mouth before he spoke from afar he did not resemble a ghost but more like a malevolent entity of some sort, standing still in one place with eyes glowing red like flames.

''What brings you here, spirit?''

The spirits voice broke the silence around him... The spirits voice was void of aggression instead it seemed to welcome the presence of Allan in a calm and submissive manor. Noaru did not want to scare off any potential comrades especially one that shares ghostly traits similar to him.

Last edited by Noaru on September 12th, 2012, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Meeting of Two...

Postby Allan Campbell on September 11th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Allan assumed a confident posture, or at least he hoped he did, and then spoke in an echoing voice "I am travelling around Mizahar, hoping to see what I never got to in life"
The words almost seemed to repeat themself inside his head, had he really just said something to someone that could see him.

He took a breath and then spoke again "And may I ask you the same question? he said with the same eerieness as last time.
Then it dawned on him. He was speaking someone like him. He had never thought this would happen!
Allan Campbell
Player

Character sheet

The Meeting of Two...

Postby Noaru on September 12th, 2012, 3:45 am

''I' am also wandering these lands, exploring and experiencing life just as much as the living, you see.... I have special things in mind for the living, undead and also myself; gaining power is my main priority above all else.What keeps you here on this plain of existence spirit? Vengeance, hatred, unrequited love or despair?''

The spirit was obviously sinister in nature any soul that noticed Noaru would know such a thing and Noaru knew all his plans involved harming the living, testing their minds and wills to live through possession and taking away what they hold precious to them... life. He did not predict meeting another spirit so soon but it was bound to happen sooner or later and for him sooner was better! The spirit smiled in the darkness, letting his curiosity taking the best of him....

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Meeting of Two...

Postby Allan Campbell on September 12th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Allan took a shaky breath "All but love, at least not living love" He said, memories coming back, before he began again.
"I was pushed from a balcony when I was only 14, who done it I do not know" He said with a shaky voice, flickering between his human and ghost form. He knew his human form, being only 14 years old, looked weak but he couldn't help it.

"My eyes were speared on our fence" he said motioning to his eye sockets "My brother was the first to find me, he called an ambulance and then killed himself" he would have been crying right now if he wasn't dead. "but that is enough about me" he said, "What about you"
Allan Campbell
Player

Character sheet

The Meeting of Two...

Postby Noaru on September 12th, 2012, 10:24 pm

''I have not lived as you lived... I have always been a spirit that existed and wandered these lands, taking on the appearances of both mortal and dead... I was once a shrine spirit a sort of guardian to the people that offered me gifts: however, before I led people to their deaths or drove them into insanity a century ago.''

Noaru saw the instability in the ghosts spirit, he could understand that pain to a degree and in many ways, he could not help this spirit in finding his culprit but he could give him an ''anchor'' that would tie him to this world: a kind of fuel that would provide him with the necessary power needed for the long journey. This anchor would be anything a ghost held onto, it would never fade or be forgotten... Noaru knew his anchors were madness, blackness and bitter hatred, things that he could not tell to to any lingering spirit unless asked to: an anchor would possibly turn innocent ghosts into entities that punished the living that carried afflictions similar to theirs.

The full front of the storm that was approaching Noaru's location was moving to slow and wasn't going to reach him in quite sometime, this gave him plenty of time to spare in order to converse with his new ghostly companion and tell him about many things a ghost should know.

''There is a ''feeling'' quite common amongst spirits, it can quickly evolved into'' an itch that can not be scratched''-- this is basically a drive of unresolved emotions that reek havoc on a ghosts psyche driving them insane. I will be able to show you an example of this very soon...''

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Meeting of Two...

Postby Allan Campbell on September 14th, 2012, 9:13 pm

Allan followed the ghost hound's gaze to find dark clouds looming on the horizon. He listened to the ghosts explanation of what he was. It was something Allan had never thought could happen. It was interesting. He then listened as he explained about a feeling. an "example, he knew another ghost that meant. At least he hoped that is what he meant.

"Please elaborate" he said, surprising himself with his vocabulary "I am interested"
Allan Campbell
Player

Character sheet

The Meeting of Two...

Postby Noaru on September 15th, 2012, 6:42 am

''I see... Then follow me! I have much to show you.''

Noaru stood to his feet: the large forty-five inches tall seven-foot long black hound turned from Allan and began to walk into the dimly light woods behind him, it was a silent signal to follow him to follow a large bestial entity into a dark woods where you would possibly not leave again! However, this was not going to be that type of case--deep in these woods known for its hangings and mysterious butchered corpses were monsters both spiritual and physical akin. Noaru was naturally drawn to these places; he would usually enter these places to ferry souls across the land or to help them find whatever they sought after.

''What will you do after you have found the one that murdered you... Pass onto the afterlife or remain ''here'' to become something more than a ghost?''

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Don't Go into The Woods!

Postby Allan Campbell on September 15th, 2012, 12:58 pm

Allan followed the hound deeper into the woods. He knew he shouldn't be doing this but he was dead, what was the worse that could happen.
"I need to stay on earth, I don't want to be a baby again"
He said recalling his father's old stories.

As he followed the man hound, he could, how could he put it, feel something. It was the type of feeling he got when he first saw the hound. Like something had happened here a long time ago.
Allan Campbell
Player

Character sheet

Next