Quest Attack on Riverfall[Rear Healing Station]

Making people better, after they get bit and clawed up

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Attack on Riverfall[Rear Healing Station]

Postby Mist on November 16th, 2012, 8:45 pm

The man seemed to perk up at the mention of his weapon, sitting up, and looking over at Elem, speaking, as if to confirm what he had just told Kavala.

"Weapon? You know were my weapon is?"

He looked around frantically, trying to sit up again, only to bounce back down from his restraint. He looked down at it, a confused look on his face, as he tried to understand how it had gotten there... Or what he was doing here...

But he seemed focused on this one thing, and soon passed his mind from worrying on the restraint.

"If you have my weapon, give it back. Keeping it is just mean! I need it! I can't fight without my weapon! Now petching take these off me!"

However he suddenly froze, as coming in from the doorway, he heard the Yuk Yuk sound the approaching forms were making. He stared at the door, unsure of what to do for a second, and then began crying, frantically pulling at the bindings trying to get himself to safety, but upset over the futility of it. He nearly yanked his one arm out of is socket trying to free himself, which was quite painful... And then there was a loud popping sound from his shoulder, as he continued to try to free himself. The attendants tried to hold him down at Elem ordered, but it seemed to do little, as he had an inhuman strength in his frenzy, adrenaline pumping and his breathing increasing in speed.

-----

Outside, the pair of archers arrows hit there marks. One hit a figure in the shoulder. As he yanked out the arrow from his body, to a spurt of blood, his hood came down, revealing the same face Kavala had seen ealier, with the mouth of a yukman, but having Akalakan features, and with his skin looking more like a dirty humans... He was also about the size of a human...

Perhaps he was a new breed of yukman, or perhaps one better suited for blending into a city, whatever it was, he had gotten inside of the city, and was ready to attack with the same voracity of a yukman.

The other person who had been hit, got struck in the belly. A form next to him bumped into him, and his hood fell back, to reveal a Akalak, more or less. He certainly was taller than the other figures, much closer to the average height for a Akalak. And he even sort of had bluish skin, which was a bit dried out... However, it was sort of pale, like it had been sun bleached, leaving him with odd pale blue skin. Oddest of all were his eyes, which were sort of set off by the colors around it, which made the Akalak look like he had not slept in a great while... With odd redish rings around his eyes setting them off.

He pulled out a lakan from his waist, holding it in one hand, yanking the arrow from his belly with the other. However, unlike the first one, when he yanked out the arrow, nothing happened. No spurt of blood. No gore... Nothing...

If nothing else, this scared the Akalak's on guard... Then the Akalak with the pale skin rose one hand, and pointed at them. "Charge!" He yelled out, in a harsh voice, that sort of grated on the ears.

As he said it, all of the figures began to run in at the defenders, letting out a loud YUUK! on the way.
Mist
AS of Riverfall

Words: 66664
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2012, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Elem Bree on November 20th, 2012, 6:23 am

Looking back over his shoulder at the patient, Elem let a long sigh out. The man was really getting on his last nerve. If he wasn't completely insane before whatever had occurred, the Zeltivan was betting that he might be by the tiem he started cursing and giving orders. Looking back at Kavala, he kept his voice a little lower to pass this belief along. "I think there is seriously something wrong with this man's mind. Not sure if it started before he was attacked or is a symptom."

Then, things became very different. Whatever was outside was on its way in, as the Akalak began to gather around the entrance to the station with weapons at the ready. While he didn't believe himself fortunate at the time, Elem now felt that having been thrust into the chaotic night of the Zith attack might at least prepare him for the coming fight. That's when Elem heard the sound. The Yuk Yuk sound that his patient had made was coming from outside. His mentor left Elem's focus as he turned to look at the man who had been chanting the same words. Was he? Surely not. But how would Elem even know?

The madness that ensued with the man was not so much of a surprise as his own dislocation of his shoulder. Elem was fed up; there was really no other way to put it. Whether the flailing man being feebly held by attendants was an enemy or simply a stark lunatic, he was a liability for everyone inside. Without pause or hesitation, Elem picked up a crossbow nearby and turned it away from the man, the bow facing out behind Elem. With a sharp strike, he hit the man in the head with the stock of the weapon. He did so venting frustration, insuring he would be knocked out if he were actually human, as he looked. The attendants would have to deal with it. Everybody would.

The Zeltivan began loading a bolt into the crossbow, crouching behind the tables, his eyes and aim on the door and the coming madness..

Elem Bree
Always learning. Always changing.

Words: 229116
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2011, 6:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kavala on December 10th, 2012, 4:27 am

Kavala frowned at Elem, glanced up at the men at the doorway, and then looked down at the man restrained. She slide her tamo daggers out of their sheath, slipped around the other doctors restraining him, and neatly sliced the man's throat. She did it so fast, so decisively, there was no time to change her mind. The urge to heal the man had been overwhelming with her two marks, but also the urge to kill him was equally strong.

Every instinct in Kavala's mind was screaming that this was not normal. Every yukman out there looked Akalak. No Akalak in their right mind wounded or not would have reacted like the patient on the makeshift bed had. She was smart. She knew diseases, magical or otherwise.

The best thing to do in a perfect world was to wait and see. Or, conversely let him free and see what he did. But everything in the Konti screamed that this was the worst idea of them all. The images of the Akalak-like yukman flashed before her eyes. They had been Akalak. Once. No wounded man would act like this. None would. She wasn't wrong. She couldn't be. But this was war and there was no time. There was only time to deal with the hear and now and keep everyone who was whole alive and their city free of yukman.

"Those men out there used to be Akalak. Those yukman... or whatever they are now. Odds are they are spreading this thing with bites, spit, or blood. Don't let them cut you. Don't let them bite you. Don't you even let them dare live." Kavala said, wiping her blade on the man's torn clothing and stepping back. "I'm not wrong. I can't be wrong. They used to be Akalak. This one... this one was not right. I think he was going to be one of them. You need to send word to the other stations. You need to warn them what to watch for. Kill anyone that's not acting like a normal wounded man. If someone is frantically fighting or out of their mind, kill them. But whatever you do, don't let them touch you." She said, stepping back. She gave Elem a hard look, as if wondering why he couldn't see what was blatantly right there before her eyes.

She sheathed her daggers in one another, and then pulled out her crossbow. Kavala loaded it and stepped up to the line of defenders, taking aim at the first Yukman to come close and letting the bow fire. "Don't let any of them near here. Kill them all with ranged weapons and don't let them touch you. At all!" She shouted, not caring that she wasn't the one in charge. She only cared that the men and women here understood the danger and killed before they were killed.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Magpie on April 7th, 2013, 7:29 pm

e
Kavala :
XP:
Leadership +3
Organization +2
Weapon: Crossbow +3
Weapon: Dagger +1

Lores:
Riverfall: Protect the Breeders and Healers
Organizing a Healing Station
Spotting a Bite Wound
Stop the Bleeding First
Optimal Placement for Wartime Healing
Best to Kill from a Distance
Identifying the Yukmen Contagion
How to Deal with the Terminally Contagious

Notes :
I didn’t bother giving you points in the things I noticed you’re maxed out on, so don’t worry that there’s no Observation, though you did plenty of it. As always, Kavala makes for a great read, and this thread was no different. Shame we didn’t get to see how it ended.

If you have any questions or concerns about what was awarded, please don't hesitate to PM me.
e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous