Completed Trial By Experience

Of sparring and testing their strengths: Crypt and Chaude battle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Trial By Experience

Postby Chaude on September 28th, 2012, 6:42 am

"Zith greater than wolf," unleashing his wing spans, Chaude took off and soon began to spinning bomber dive towards Crypt with a spinning slash, before pulling up in front of Crypt and anticipates an upper right to lower left diagonal slash with his free claws, followed by a horizontal slash with his iron sword, and followed with a ramming charge.
Last edited by Chaude on October 7th, 2012, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chaude
Player

Words: 13064
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2012, 1:15 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Trial By Experience

Postby Crypt on September 28th, 2012, 6:44 am

Crypt was taken aback by the sudden burst of attacks coming from Chaude, more so by his sudden dive. "What the-"

Crypt jumped back to avoid the spinning whirlwind of pointy death (in his own thoughts) that Chaude was. Watching Chuade pull up in mid-air, he narrowly dodged a slash with the iron short sword by moving to the left, using the flat of his blade to push the claws of Chaude upwards, but was too late to do anything about the slashes Chaude made with both of his weapons except block and pray.

Crypt was thrown back against a nearby tree. He gasped for air as the impact with the tree pushed most of the air in his lungs out, still holding out his longsword with both hands in a block.
Last edited by Crypt on October 7th, 2012, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Trial By Experience

Postby Chaude on September 28th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Starting to pant, fatigue continued to mount. His teeth showing, his jaw rising and lowering with each breath. Eyes gazing at Crypt lying against the tree, wings spread wide. Chaude dispels his Reimancy Sword.

"Crypt is strong. Wish to continue or rest?"

With a fair distance away, even though Chaude is letting his iron short sword lie low, in no battle stance, should Crypt charge in again, it would only be another repeat in using the terrain against him.

Feeling satisfied, Chaude's aching feeling proves that he's growing. His body worn this day, yet his mind is left yet unsatisfied of searching through the unknown.
Chaude
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Trial By Experience

Postby Crypt on September 28th, 2012, 11:41 pm

“Aye, I guess we should take a rest. I haven't used or shown you the Flux yet, but I can't use it now anyway. May as well have a another conversation; I know your curious nature. Come over here and have a seat.”

Crypt replied after a few moments, catching his breath. He sheathed his longsword after wiping off the spots of blood on the blade with the grass.

“You too are strong, Chaude. I might have a better chance if I had used the Flux to enhance my limbs but I've always been one for fair play, even though you used your Reimancy.”

And here Crypt gave a small smile, shifting a little and wincing as he felt numerous small wounds incurred from scraping his back against the many protusions rough bark of the tree.

“Damn, that hurts a lot.” He got up with a sigh, retrieving his backpack from where he had flung it prior to the spar, taking out a waterskin and a small jar, opening it to reveal an ointment of some sort. He walked over to Chaude, taking off his shirt as he did so.

“Sorry to bother you, Chaude, but could you help wash my wounds on my back and apply this healing ointment on them? I can't really reach them. Just dab it on each wound. You can use it if you like, it's pretty effective.”

He held out the two items and sat down in front of Chaude, back facing him.

(OOC Note: Accolade's posted the NPC's response on the Employment thread, so you may as well post Chaude's response.)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Trial By Experience

Postby Chaude on September 29th, 2012, 3:10 am

Curious to know what topic Crypt has in mind, Chaude sheaths his blade and came over before sitting down.

"Why no Flux magic? Combat tests boldness to live," inquiring, Chaude was handed some medical ointments.

Crypt winced as the ointment was self-used before needing help with his back. Taking the medical ointments, it reminded Chaude of his younger self, before betraying his family and running away. On occasion, he was helping his blood mother apply ointments to their wounded slaves. Tending to their wounds for another day's enslavement.

Chaude didn't want no weak slaves, but strong servants. But even strong servants need medical ointments now and then too. Applying the ointment to each wounded spot, Chaude used the smooth side of his claws to apply with as little sting as possible. He applied some on his wound as well. His vision became clear and sharper to each individual wound spots as the dusk began to sink even lower and the night time sky was coming out to dance.
Chaude
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Trial By Experience

Postby Crypt on September 29th, 2012, 3:45 am

Crypt groaned in relief as the cooling, pain-soothing ointment was applied to his wounds. He started to put on his shirt carefully after the ointment dried, for fear of causing any more pain.

“Ah... Thank you very much, Chaude. To answer your question, I don't really like to use the Flux unless my life is in danger. I know you have much strength, but this is but a spar, not a combat to the death. Besides, it reminds me of... bad times. I used it to kill someone with... with... my own bare hands.”

Crypt's face was set in an expression of anguish, of remorse as he remembered that horrific event. He struggled with his words for a while, trying to speak but failing, before managing to regain some control over himself. He spoke again, slowly and steadily.

“He was after Maras. My only companion for the years I had spent travelling. He toyed with me, he spoke of how he would use Maras for himself. And I...”

His voice faltered for a moment. Maras trotted over and licked him on the face, before settling down beside him, sensing his partner's distress.

“I snapped. I lost total control. I tore his throat out with my own teeth, my jaw muscles enhanced with the Flux. I bit clean through his collar and deep into his neck. I tasted and drank his blood. It felt... so good, so wonderful, to let go of all my inhibitions, to be... Free.”

Crypt's hands gripped the sheath of his sword tightly as he fell silent.

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Trial By Experience

Postby Chaude on September 29th, 2012, 4:48 am

Listening, Chaude can't understand why Crypt would feel sad for a person he had killed. Sure it hurts at first, but loved one or not, the dead are dead, so why bother?

"Bold. That no freedom, be enslavement. Hard to explain..hmm..control must be freedom," Chaude responded with little pleasure, thinking about all the times he killed because of his accursed existence.

"Fought for what be right with might. No sha..."

Twitching, Chaude stood up, looking past Crypt. A faint glow appears from a nearby tree, looking around before fixing a gaze upon the two. Night was encroaching. It began to close in.

"Stay. Ghost approaches..."

Walking past Crypt, Chaude soon met eye to eye with the ghost in the image of a human merchant.

"Why no rest?" Chaude inquired.

(OOC: Your turn for ghost dialogue. I'll take mine as planned.)
Chaude
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Trial By Experience

Postby Crypt on September 29th, 2012, 6:19 am

“Not as simple as that.” Crypt shook his head.

“It's been a long time since I emerged from the Sea of Grass with this... Malady of mine. Do you not see how I change? When I first met you, I was more serious, more restrained than you see me now. At the Employment Office, I was playful, carefree, extroverted. And when I killed that man... I glorified in his blood, his death. I was a berserker. Without controlling myself, I would be unrestrained. I don't know what I would become. An insane swordsman with no concept of mercy? A harmless clown that delights in hurting himself? All these, and more, are possible.”

Crypt turned to face the ghost, standing up.

“Ghost, why do you come before us?” He spoke firmly.

The ghost, dressed in pale, translucent attire that appeared to be drenched in blood, turned to face Crypt, his white, unseeing eyes meeting that of Crypt's.

“I am Cain Dekarda, humble merchant late of Syliras. I have seen both of you fight well against each other, and I have a proposition. I seek vengeance, strangers, and I will reward you if you will help me fulfil it.”

Crypt frowned, before responding.

“Speak, Dekarda. Tell us more, and then we will decide.”

“Very well.” Dekarda grew more transparent for a moment.

“I was travelling through the Bronze Woods towards Syliras after picking up a shipment in Zeltiva. I had two bodyguards with me. We were making good time towards Syliras; it would have only taken us two to three days to reach Syliras.”

“We were ambushed by a group of Nuit near the Avitar river. One bodyguard was dead instantly as a Nuit bashed his head in. The other fled, but they caught up to him some distance away and tore him apart. I was too afraid to do anything to hide inside the caravan. They found me and killed me almost instantly, saying that we were a waste of their time, that it wasn't a good time.”

Dekarda paused for a while.

“After I came back, I wandered the area where I was killed for a few days, hysterical and extremely confused. When I calmed down, I found that I was near the Sunset Falls. I found the group of Nuit. I found their hiding place. I knew I could not do anything to them, and so I decided to make my way to Syliras, towards the beacon of light I saw in Ethereal Notions.”

He paused again.

“This is my tale. Will you help me, warriors? I will allow you to take the money left in my caravan. All spoils in their lair will be yours. My wife... She might give a small reward. I will not see her until I am avenged.”

Crypt frowned for a moment or two, before nodding his head.

“I shall. What about you, Chaude?”

(OOC note: You'll post Chaude's response, then we'll end this thread. I'll begin the Nuit quest thread where Crypt and Chaude retire to their rooms for the night, and Chaude talks to Cain. May as well submit this to Accolade and wait for her reply to this thread with all our XP, before we start the quest. I'm not sure whether we can start the quest by ourselves or if we need Accolade to post the introduction.)

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Trial By Experience

Postby Chaude on September 29th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Watching as this Cain Dekarda requested their assistance, Chaude had heard tales of the Nuits, but never really met one. Hmm...

Chaude nods in agreement.

When things settle for the night. Some writing and questions must happen. These sensations in mere ticks chew like a rabid animal. Perhaps fighting brought out his urges for feasting again. Chaude is in control, Chaude is in control, Chaude is in control...
Chaude
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Trial By Experience

Postby Accolade on October 7th, 2012, 4:38 am

Chaude

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Recimancy + 2 XP
Detecton + 2 XP
Acrobatics + 1 XP
Short sword + 2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Crypt: Combat basics
Meeting a ghost: Cain Dekarda
The Quest: To avenge a fallen merchant
Crypt is a strong warrior and able companion

Crypt Insatem

Experience
Skill XP Earned
longsword + 3 XP
Storytelling + 1 XP
Running + 2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Chaude: Combat basics
Meeting a ghost: Cain Dekarda
The Quest: To avenge a fallen merchant
Chaude is a strong warrior and able companion

Notes :
Awesome thread guys, I loved it! And for the quest, feel free to do as much as you like and I will jump in whenever you're ready.

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous