A Turn of the Hourglass (Cascade)

Ah, Lady Time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Aello on December 12th, 2012, 2:04 pm

For one so aged, her hands felt soft against Aello's closed lids. In a way, this surprised her, but not as much as the word that radiated through the confines of her mind. The one of the oldest tongues, that mesmerized her so that she was certain she'd have it memorized so she could speak it again. Over and over, reminding herself of this passing moment. But as soon as it was uttered, it seemed to leave her. Not the thought of it, but the precise sound. She simply could not get it right. But even so, the word was not lost on the huntress, who could feel its power still coursing through her, coupling with Tanroa's strength.

Another wave, which seemed to wash over her in an instant, cleansing her as a soft tingling sensation filled her mind. Pressed against her skin. As though she had just cupped her hands beneath the surface of the water, and raised them, dousing herself with crystalline beads as cool as the first winter wind. Yet warm as the sun that beat down upon them, giving them an eerie golden glow.

It seemed as soon as the wave had receded, so had Tanroa's hands, leaving the newly marked Aello to slowly open her eyes, as a baby bird spread its wings for the first time. The huntress smiled weakly then as she looked up at the goddess, "forever and for all time Lady Tanroa," she whispered, "I will cherish this."

And honor your memory.

OOCSounds good! And I think the only things that may be in order are socializing, observation, philosophy and perhaps rhetoric. A lore on the three phases of life and Tanroa, mayhaps.

In any case, I will gladly take whatever I can get, and thank you for the thread. I had a lot of fun, and hope you did too!
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cascade on December 19th, 2012, 12:15 pm

Tanroa offered a sweet, gentle smile. Even if she had the appearance of one so ageless, doubtless wisdom poured from her. The Goddess stepped away from Aello. The cloths of her robes fluttered endlessly and gracefully as she did so. They resembled the endless ripples of the water.

“We will meet again,” said the Goddess.

Aello blinked. And when she did, Tanroa was gone. The scent of the sea overwhelmed her as the breeze finally returned, and the waves crashed against the sand just as they were supposed to. Things were back to normal.

Except Aello could feel something new within her. There was a power that she had not felt before. And she would always know that Tanroa was watching over her.

Adventurer's Loot

Aello’s Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Observation +1
Philosophy +4
Rhetoric +2
Story Telling +1

Lore:
Meeting the Goddess of Time
A Conversation With Tanroa
Tanroa’s Ageless Appearance
The Three Stages of Life
Tanroa’s Gnosis: Treavery

Items or Consequences:
First Mark of Treavery
That took quite a while, but it was fun. The conversation between the two of them was quite interesting to do, and it was amusing to see Aello’s three phases. Enjoy your mark! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous