Closed Steel Cage Training. [Imass]

Armour and Standard Knightly Weapon Training.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Steel Cage Training. [Imass]

Postby Ball on October 11th, 2012, 3:26 pm

2 Fall 512AV -- After Mid-day chime

Ball couldn't imagine being placed in armor, let alone holding a shield and sword. It just didn't seem natural to the little Pycon, a shell of unyielding metal holding onto more metal. In this case though he was. It was highly uncomfortable and way too bloody hot in it.

Seeing as the Pycon didn't own the armor, this was going to be the worst thing ever to wear. He hated the feeling of it already. Hours in this shell was going to make the Pycon go crazy, he already was going crazy with being in it for just a few minutes. A sword and shield sat nearby, but Ball was hoping to get away from not having to heave either of them up off the ground.

Once his liege lord showed, Ball acknowledged his presence and waited for further instructions... Hopefully a mock battle wouldn't ensue with Ball stuck in this hideous cage of unyielding steel and rivets.

Luckily for the spherical pycon he couldn't put the stuff on properly himself to warrant any good out of it and it would be easy for Ball to slip out of it and be instantly cooler and more comfortable.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on October 16th, 2012, 2:37 am

Training Ball was a task that Imass took seriously. It was important that his squire was prepared for the battle that was to ensue. The Akalak was one hundred percent warrior and that meant any squire under him would be doing a lot of fighting. Other Knights specialized in different arts, but Imass was specifically a front line fighter. Whether Ball liked it or not, it was important that he learned how use heavy armor. After all, the pycon would be fighting side by side with Imass at Sahova.

Imass finally approached the pycon similarly clad. The Knight wore a chainmail huebark over padded cloth. Over that he wore the full plate outfit the Knight armed their warriors with. The Akalak knelt next to ball with an open visor, "You look handsome in full plate Ball, and ease up a little!"

The Knight lifted up the squire’s arms and checked to make sure that he had equipped the gear correctly. Ball had done well for his first time, but he forgot to clinch the gorget on correctly. The Knight helped him fasten it correctly before starting the day's lesson, "Alright -- first rule of combat, never stay on the floor. If you find yourself on the floor you got to get up, or else you are dead. Now it’s going to be tough at first to do this with full plate, but we can fix that with hard work!" It was imperative that he drilled this fact into Ball's head, just like his sponsoring Knight had done the same to him. It was a lesson he learned well and he only hoped Ball would have the endurance and motivation to learn the same lesson.

In a single moment, Imass went from loving and gallant to tough and mean. He pushed the pycon off his feet, "Get up! Get up! Get up! You’re too slow!"

Imass dropped to the floor as well. Landing on his belly and making a large clank, he climbed to his feet on knee at a time. Full plate was not something to mess around in. Once Ball was on his feet again, Imass would instruct him to drop to the floor again, "DOWN!"

For each down-up Ball did, Imass would do the same. If the Knight would never ask Ball to do anything he wouldn't do himself.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on October 26th, 2012, 2:37 pm

Dropping like a sack of potatoes is painful. Especially when the person dropping you like a sack of potatoes weighed well over three hundred times your weight and you were encased in a material you highly dislike due to it's inability to move freely.

Ball let out what air he held in his body, this was only heard by a sound coming from him like a balloon deflating. Once on the floor though, the pycon gathered his wits about him and gulping down air rolled himself up onto his stubby feet once again. Only to be once more knocked down on the ground.

Gods, what did I get myself into? With no answer but the constant getting up and being knocked down again by Imass, Ball just went with what he was told. Tired, sore and painful as it was.

Who knew how long it was before Imass finally stopped his onslaught of torturous pain. The poor pycon felt like his body and nexus were going to be painfully bruised and sore for some time afterwards.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on October 26th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Ser Imass continued the exercise with Ball. Every time his squire got up from the floor it seemed as if he was using all his strain to stand up again. He would occasional even hear the queer sound of air deflating. Imass knew that his squire was probably hating him right now, but he needed to learn the hard way. The Blue Pycon learned it the hard way and so did the soldiers who came before him. He knew the Young Pycon would not comprehend it the same way, so he needed to lead by example.

"I am right here beside you Ball! No matter how hard it gets, no matter how tired I get, I will never give up on you! I will fight through this exercise just as hard as you! We are in this together Ball, no matter what! Remember that!"

Ser Imass chopped his feet in the mud and dropped down to the floor. The rattling of his armor was great, for he put an immense amount of energy into it. The armor was heavy, but his body was strong; he sprung up to his feet as fast as possible. His back was hurting now from the strain of the weight. He was losing breathe after awhile too.

"The moment you fall down, stand up! The moment you fall down, stand up! If you fall down on the battlefield you are dead! Get up! Get up! Get up! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN!"

Imass' body was starting to ache now too. Usually, such exercise would be tolerable, but he wasn't fully recovered from the Plague yet. He knew he would sleep well tonight. Despite all this he continued anyways, because he needed to push Ball beyond the point of yield. He needed Ball to remember this lesson well today; no squire of Imass was going to die on the battlefield. The Knight would make sure of it!

"Down! Up! Down! Up! Ball! This is it! If you fall you stand up! I believe in you! Never stay on the floor in combat! Never on the floor in combat! If you fall stand up! I believe in you!" Imass repeated over in over, even though he was out of breath. He knew that this lesson would be ingrained in Ball's subconscienceous if he kept repeating himself. The Pycon's mind would be so tired from exercise; he would undoubtedly accept the training and the lesson.

Finally after at least four dozen 'down-ups' the Pycon yielded. The squire had reached well beyond his fatigue point and needed to stop. Ser Imass buckled to his knees as well and took a few moments to catch his breath. Even the drill master himself was gassed.

Now that he stopped, his body was on fire. He could feel all his veins pumping with blood. His heart was beating fast and his head light-headed. He could see condensation escaping out of his opened visor. He felt beads of cold sweat run down his body in runnels. The padded armor was already wet in some places. His knees ached slightly.

After two minutes to regain their breathes Imass started up again, "What? You don't want to stand up again? You like the floor huh? Alright then -- we can exercise on the floor! Roll! Start rolling Ball, roll, roll, roll, roll!"

Thus Imass began to roll around in the mud pit. The exercise was simple: roll like a rolling pin one hundred yards, then come back the distance. This exercise was less physically demanding then the down-ups, but it was much more mentally anguishing. This was an exercise of mental toughness in a suit of armor. The rolling of dizzy and fast, but each hundred yards felt like an eternity.

Ball's physical strength was pushed past its limit. With less than two minutes rest, how will Ball's mind stand up to the next torturous exercise?
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on October 26th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Roll? Seriously... Roll? Well, the Blue Pycon was indeed rolling, it was comically really. Watching a person not fit for rolling around actually rolling. It was almost comically enough to make Ball laugh out loud, but he managed to control his urge and started to roll, he had a far easier time rolling than Imass did, being a sphere and all. It was, however, a beastly action to do with this armor in place.

Bloody hell I have to do something! The ball of clay tried to roll, but all he managed to do was get all sorts of banging and clanging as his stubby appendage protection pieces flailed around his body. It was no use, the poor Pycon just couldn't roll in this cage of metal. But he managed to get a few feet before he tangled the odd flailing pieces of metal so badly that he wasn't even able to rock.

This isn't going to work damn it.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on October 30th, 2012, 8:33 pm

All that Ball could come up with was an assortment of banging and clanging. Perhaps he did not have the motor skills yet to use full plate the way it was designed. Ser Imass could tell that the squire was working his hide off trying to roll; that fact alone was enough for Imass. He never wanted his squire to give up, no matter what the cost. The Knight watched him silently for awhile until he was so twisted and clambered up, he lost the integrity of his form.

The Knight stopped him, "Alright Ball, relax for a moment and get out of the armor. We are going to have to take some time to review so you can complete the exercise," The knight waited patiently as the clay ball squeezed out of the clothing.

Once he was out Imass would let Ball rest for a while as he carefully unfastened the miniature armor. Although it was small it was just as tough as any other armor, for it was made out of higher quality steel. The forge master commissioned it especially for the pycon to make up for his size.

Laying out each piece on the floor, he turned to the reasonably rested Ball and started the whole process all over again, "Alright Ball, we are starting from step one again. We will be here all day if you don't do this right, so dig deep and find your strength. You must put on your armor properly and finish the exercise. I will be by your side the whole time brother...First, get into your humanoid form please."

The Zealous knight watched intently to see how Ball would mold himself this time...
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on November 1st, 2012, 3:28 pm

Once told to squeeze out of his armor the pycon squire did it with haste, hating the metal contraption so very much. It was hell in that metallic shell and the clay being wanted very much to stay out of the blasted thing.

Once he was rested enough, all the while watching his knightly sponsor disassemble the armor and explain what was going to happen the pycon sagged slightly before going about what he was told to do.

For several moments the exhausted ball struggled and struggled to finally shape his little stubby arms and legs, it wasn't hard, just already being tired, this just made him even more so.

The poor clay being knew he was probably going to have to don his most hateful contraption yet, the metal shell that was stronger than most armors, but heavy as all get go and didn't seem really worth the time to wearing the stupid thing.

If it means living and dying, I guess wearing it is going to be worth it... I better get used to it. It is chafing areas of my being that I didn't even know could chafe.

The poor Pycon already had a feeling that tomorrow was going be a day of pain.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on November 5th, 2012, 2:04 am

Ser Imass watched silently as the pycon transformed into the shape of a humanoid. Ser Imass knew that Ball had more energy deep down inside, however the child did not know it's own strengths yet. Imass intended to awaken Ball's inner energy. The first step was training the body, next came the mind. He wanted to raise it to it 's fullest potential as a Knight. The squire had knocked Imass' own tooth out with such power not seen before from a pycon so small. The Knight had faith in his squire to the fullest.

"I believe in you Ball," Imass said with a fond, yet grim voice. Perhaps it was almost fatherly. He needed to be honest with the pycon if he wanted to get it's full trust on the battlefield, "Dig deep Ball!"

He gave a prayer to Wysar quickly, "Give Ball strength," he whispered, "Give him the desire and courage to learn everything I am about to teach him."

Once Ball was in form, the Knight dug up from the floor some nice moist clay. It was tan-brown in color and was dense. There were almost no large rocks it it, it was extremely pure. Caiya had blessed the spot.

"Before we start Ball eat this clay it will reinforce your energy! I still want you to practice eating in your humanoid form... You know the rules, you must eat without losing shape! I am holding you to it Ball!" Imass smiled boldly.

The Akalak placed the dug up clay in front of Ball.
Last edited by Imass on November 7th, 2012, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on November 7th, 2012, 4:48 pm

Ball will give Imass the approval of locating awesome and fresh pure clay. It looked wonderfully amazing. The Pycon though, wasn't really hungry... So to figure out how to make it look like he was consuming it when he was really just storing it away for later... Hmm. That would be easy enough, Ball took his two stubby arms and started to pull apart the mound of clay and stuff chunks of it into his spherical body, with every chunk pushed in the Pycon made it appear to be chewing it into little pieces.

Soon though the mound of reduced to pieces that even Ball couldn't pick up and he stood there tilting his body slightly upward to look up at his Sponsor Knight. With no words being said the spherical pycon was basically saying, 'What now?'

The armor sitting to the side of them both was not exactly something he wanted to don again, but he knew it was only a matter of time before the metal cage was placed back on his small clay body.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on November 7th, 2012, 7:05 pm

Slowly, the featureless pycon ate the clay Imass laid before it. It picked up pieces of the moist substance and shoved it into his body trough his torso. Ball had no reason to use a proper mouth like a humanoid, he could stick the clay into his body at any point. It was actually slightly strange to see the squire chew the clay and bolster his strength, but Imass liked to watch anyways.

Soon enough, the squire finished the pieces of clay Imass had presented him and looked up at the Blue Knight without any words. The Knight smiled, "Good, now that you have your energy, we can begin."

The Knight picked up the little padded coat and held it behind Ball so that he may slip it on, "This is your padded armor it goes on first. It will protect your ...uh skin... from being rubbed raw by the plate. The padded armor is extremely important to cushion blows. I have seen many men saved by the surcoat on his back."

The off-white garment was tailored fit to Ball's size and would provide similar protection as a full pad would bring. The surcoat was bound by thin leather straps that latched across the chest for some more upper body support.

Once the pycon got the first layer on, Imass produced the chainmail huabark. One of the smithies made it on his free time for Ball. It was small, but made out of the finest steel. The smith even claimed to have used isurian ore to make it. The rings were light and small, perfect for Ball.

"Put your arm's up!" Imass said as he slipped the protection over the pycon's arms. It was a snug fit but after a little pulling he was able to get it on him. The chainmail was not very heavy compared to the plate. The armor Ball had on now would feel heavy, but would not constrict any of his movements, "The chainmail is used to protect against iron tips and blade pierces. Although the padded armor will cushion most of the blow, the chain will protect you from getting stabbed hard."

Imass stood back up and looked down at Ball, "You look handsome, my squire. Run around a little bit and stretch. I want you to get comfortable before I put on the rest."
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)