Open Stomping grounds

Stained reputations and barroom brawls

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Stomping grounds

Postby Wrenmae on November 1st, 2012, 5:16 am

23rd Fall, 512 AV

Sour hops and centuries stained the bartop in front of him. Between both resting hands, a mug perspired. Honestly, the liquid beading on the outside of the imperfect tankard was more palatable than the mead within. Watered down, shit. Piss water after his time away in Zeltiva. There was quality there, a quality that Sunberth eschewed with characteristic pride. The whole of the city seemed to stand in the united voice of "Petch You" to the rest of the world. Live in finery? We'll live in squallor. Build your law? We'll tear ours down. Protect your people? We butcher our brothers.

Gripping the mug's handle, Wrenmae raised it to no one. Cheers then, to Sunberth....the only petching place where poverty, violence, and filth would be considered badges of honor.

"Need a top off?"

Wrenmae blinked, realizing again where he sat. The bartender looked him over with a suspicious frown, the same scowl baked into his face by years of disappointment. "No," Wrenmae said, sighing and placing the mug down on the table, "I apologize."

Grunting, the bartender turned back to his craft, polishing the same mug consistently. Maybe one day, years after Wrenmae was dust, the man would finally finish polishing that mug. Maybe then, and only then, a God would walk into this bar and order a drink.

"I know you."

A voice, not his own and not the bartender's. It wrapped around him, ghosted through his ears, drawing him to a face buried beard deep in a third mug of grog. The face wasn't familiar, but the eyes narrowed in familiar recognition.

"Yeh, I know you. Ran with that gang once, didin ya? What were they called? Edge? Aye. Aye. Edge. Crimson Edge! That's the one."

"You're mistaken."

"Petch I aint," He shifted in his seat, raising his voice,"You ran under that petcher, Cade and his ghoul-man mage, right? You an' yer pretty critter people, yer Zith. Oh yeah, I know you. You ran with the animals. A lil zookeeper."

Wrenmae was quiet. He didn’t make eye contact with the drunk. But by now, other had looked up to take notice.

“Lil petcher,” the drunk grunted, leering with yellowed teeth, “Call you the Crimson Shyke, good for nothing’s. What happened, huh? Bunch of you petched off, ran with tales between their legs. Where’d you run to, boy, where’d you go to hide?”

“Friend,” Wrenmae turned and smiled, tapping his fingers along the outside of his mug, “You’re drunk. Let us leave it at a mistaken identity and go on about your way.”

“He aint lyin,” Another voice, nasally in stark contrast to the drunk slur of the first aggressor. Across the bar, another man nodded, “Your kind ran mine into the ground. Red Arrows, remember us? Had me a brother and an Uncle with em, they say your whore and your Myrian knocked down our doors and killed em to a man.”

“Sunberth is a dangerous place,” Wrenmae cautioned “Not to be crass, but dangerous work breeds dangerous ends.”

The second man snarled, drawing a short blade, glimmering in the bar light, “That don’t sound like a denial.”

Wrenmae finished his drink, wincing as the spirits slid down his throat and made a fire in his belly. Sliding the mug back toward the bartender, he turned on his stool to look at both men. The inn was crowded tonight, and several of the rough citizens had unkind looks scrawled across their features. Times had been hard since the Djed storm a few seasons back. Now the brunt of irritation was placed on everyone. As a community, they were selfish. Most attempts to organize a rebuild were left with territorial disputes and violence. So the shyke had a shyke place to live, ever more dilapidated in their urgency to repress order.

They were spoiling for conflict.

What’s the word, murderer?

Storyteller, I prefer that moniker, if any.

Suit yourself, but my nickname will be far more helpful tonight.

I could hypnotize them.

You could. But am I the only one who feels that rage inside you? You’ve been looking for a fight since the whole manacle thing went down. My guess is that you don’t sleep enough, or too much, or something. I’m not usually paying attention. In any case, maybe it’s just projection, but I feel like caving in someone’s face with my fist…and I don’t have hands.

How poetic.

I do so try.

Very well, Zan, what’s our move?

Big fella talking shyke.

Which one?

I’m thinking the guy without family’s pretty lonely. Let’s give him a new baby welt he can care for and talk to.

My thoughts exactly.

“No,” Wrenmae said, sliding his hands off the bar, “it doesn’t, does it?”

Setting his feet on the floor, the storyteller cracked his neck. In the time it took him to roll his head, the bar had crowded closer. Men with murder in their gaze sized him up, eyes on the weapons dangling from his belt.

To three men behind his two aggressors, Wrenmae languidly threw a lasso of hypnotic Djed, leeching into their auras and subversively placing his seeds of sedition. To the first man, a rugged fellow with an eye patch, he fabricated the memory of just moments before, between the accusations levied at Wrenmae, that the fellow who had seemed so keen on talking about the Red Arrow looked awful familiar. In fact, that bastard had swiped coin from him a day back in the street. No proof, and he’d vanished soon as come, but there could be no doubt. Wren followed it up with a flash of anger, the impulse to crack a chair over his head and take his purse.

The second man had seen the drunk before, always lolling in this bar, making jokes at other’s expense. Just the night before last, he’d made a snide jab at the second man, but only now did he come to see how insidious the comment had been. The specifics, he couldn't remember, but the rage that followed in recognition of his tormentor flared. The third was simply given a burst of unspecific aggression, leveled anywhere but Wrenmae. In fact, the third man could not look at the young storyteller without thinking that such a chipper fellow couldn’t be the man these others said he was.

There. Now the stage was set for all of them, and the bar didn’t seem so one sided any longer.

Grumbling, the bartender retreated back from the bar, obsessively still polishing a single tankard. Wrenmae smiled as both men stood around him, staring down. “About time someone put you down, dog,” Said the second accuser, holding out his blade with murder in his eyes, “My kin can rest easier if I send them your soul to chew on.”

“Your kin chew in the afterlife?” Wrenmae asked, raising an eyebrow, “Sounds to me like you’re confusing who the real dogs are in this situation.”

With a strangled yell, the thug hurled himself at Wrenmae, thrusting out straight with his short sword. Snake-quick, Wren’s hand trailed to his long dagger, drawing it and intercepting the blade before it pierced his chest. The surprise of the draw and the momentum kept the blade at its same velocity, albeit at a different trajectory. His arm flew wide, guided by the dagger, and buried the short sword to the hilt in the drunk’s arm.

Alcohol could only dull the senses so much. Screaming, the bearded lecher fell away, tearing the blade from the thug’s hand, and fell thrashing to the floor.

Wrenmae acted, utilizing the shock of his opponent to a critical advantage. The dagger vanished into his sheathe, but two pale fists spun up through the air to deliver twin impacts to the man’s face. Breath hitched in his throat and the thug toppled, the first hypnotized man following his progress with a chair, smashing it against his chest soon as the body thumped against the wood.

Chaos erupted in a moment. Blood had been shed, a man had been struck down, and a chair had been shattered. All rules of escalation had failed and complete madness took swift precedence in the cramped quarters.

Wrenmae held back for a moment, watching the heavy hands of larger men deliver solid blows, take them, and continue swinging. Shroud would have left, slinking along the side of the wall, Weaver would have watched, even egged them on, Wren and Egyptus would cower…but they had all left him now. He was complete, he was angry, and he stepped full into the melee, bringing up his foot and digging the tip of his boot into a bloodied figure, knocking them back and sending a table askew.

He didn’t see the fist that loomed in his field of vision a moment before it impacted, knocking the storyteller sprawling. The blood tasted rich against his tongue and teeth, like lightning. Sunberth. Wretched Sunberth. If anything, it was good for excitement. It was good for feeling alive. And as Wrenmae pushed up to his knees, and then his feet, leaping onto the back of a burly brawler and wrapping his arms around his throat, he felt his frustrations ease, his rage settle, and some of his old fire…not seen since Alvadas, return to his being.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Stomping grounds

Postby Grasis Deviil on November 1st, 2012, 7:51 pm

The cold emptiness in his stomach was starting to wear on him. He had woken up only a few days ago and already he knew he hated this city. No memories had he of The Before, yet he was already growing weary and distrustful of those around him. He knew he was lucky to be alive at all, especially after having awoken with nothing but a valuable pendant on. He had been fortunate, managing to find himself a change of clothes. But, clothes don't fill a stomach. They only hide it. And so he had to figure out a way to get food from this place. It was his last chance, he knew he wouldn't make it past the street gangs again if he left, and without any money he wouldn't be able to get anything even if he did.

So he entered. 'This establishment, it's a tavern I think' he thought to himself as he entered. 'They have to have food in here somewhere.' With that he entered, wearing only his pendant and a pair of old pants with ribbons flowing out of the waist. He knew he looked odd, he also knew that odd got you targeted. He had learned this his first day in this strange city. But what could he do but pretend that he fit in? If he did anything but it'd be a nightmare.

So he sat down quietly a table, trying to avoid notice as much as he could untill he saw a cute woman walk by. With a sigh he reached up and tapped her on the shoulder. As she whirled to him, he smiles up to her "hi, I'm Grasis and i'd like some food please, whatever you have. Just please make it fast." With that, he looked away from her and back down at the table. This was awkward, if she asked for payment what could he do? He would be forced to hypnotize her into thinking he had already paid. But if she saw through it, he would be doomed he knew. It would be the end of him.

So as she walked away, he sat staring down, his eye's closed as he focused on the mental picture. He had to get it right, every detail. Him with his hand outstretched, and her slipping a coin into her bodice. It had to work, it had to be perfect. She had to believe it. If she didn't, he was over. He would be kicked out, beaten, and would starve. His concentration was wavering, he couldn't keep it up, not while worrying. He needed to release it now or remake the image. Just as he was about to let go and forget the image, a commotion started.

He looked up just in time to hear a mysterious man say something about dogs and afterlife. Who was this person? so brave in the face of rowdy and angry tavern patrons. He had to know, this could be his chance. But, as that thought passed through his mind he knew his mistake. He had still been concentrating on the hypnotic suggestion, he hadn't let the djed go. And he had just released it, pushing it into this mans mind. He would know something was up, someone was messing with his mind. There was no doubt, Grasis had just signed his death warrant in this town.

But maybe not, this man was fighting, maybe if the fight gets rowdy enough he'll forget the odd memory i just gave him. It'll just be, battle rage. Yea, he'll go for it...but i have to help him, just in case.

As the man got laid low, Grasis stood. He had to get over there before this man was seriously hurt. But just as he reached the man who had knocked the stranger down, the stranger jumps up on his back and starts strangling him. Whats going on, this man is a monster...still fighting after a blow like that. There was no more time for fighting, he had stupidly rushed into a brawl and now had eye's on him, peoples arms reaching out for him, he was an easy target he knew. He also knew he was going to get hurt...Just as long as he made sure to make this stranger like him, it would be worth it.

Moving up to the burly fighter the stranger had jumped on he would close his eye's, afraid of what he's doing, and kick upwards between the burly brawlers legs, towards his genitals. Maybe the stranger would forget, no...He had to forget.
Grasis Deviil
Player

Words: 22191
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stomping grounds

Postby Wrenmae on November 2nd, 2012, 5:45 am

The brief moment of distortion as a memory he did not remember occurred. A boy held out a cold coin and he slipped it into his bodice, hiding it from the prying eyes of the local drunks.

But of course, that memory had not been meant for him.

That brief moment nearly cost him his perch. The man he was around lurched, clawing at his back uselessly as Wrenmae held a strong arm around his throat and punched the back of his head with the other. Again and again his fist cracked against skull.

But the double assault on both his groin and head was what really felled the giant. As the fellow pitched over, Wrenmae followed him down, catching the eye of the hypnotist who had slipped him the faulty vision. Above their heads, a mug clanged off the back wall with a gong-like ring, and Wrenmae leaped forward, grabbed the boy, and rolled them both under a table. Up he came, fists held out and poised, his eyes flashing as chaos erupted around them.

"The first law of hypnotism is to never tip your hand," Wrenmae hissed harshly, slapping him across the face a single time, "When you are known to be a hypnotist, your power decreases dramatically. The second law is to never use magic when you don't have to. Are you a fool? Sunberth would hang you for even the smallest parlor trick!"

It was in that moment that he felt the hunger of the boy he'd pushed under the table. His eyes were wide, desperate, longing. He had no coin on him, likely, and had hoped to dupe the serving girl out of pay. Biting back the urge to simply toss a coin at him and be done, the hypnotist closed his eyes a moment, adjusted as the table bent under the weight of a brawler, and opened them again.

"Earn your coin, earn your meal. Pick a man in this crowd, any man still standing, and take him down. No death, just rough him up. Show me you have the will to survive and I'll fill your belly tonight."

Nodding once, Wrenmae rolled back out into the fray.

A bad decision, as it seemed, a leg crashing into his stomach and sending the breath from him in one single gasp. Clawing out, Wren caught the foot and twisted, bringing his opponent crashing down into another table, bouncing against it, and falling to the ground.

Rolling again, Wrenmae staggered to his feet and aimed a punch at another drunk. The blow went wide, only grazing the side of his face, and Wren earned a shoulder in the chest for his trouble, sending him crashing against the bar.

Not his best fight.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Stomping grounds

Postby Grasis Deviil on November 4th, 2012, 10:35 pm

As his foot connected with the groin of the brawler, Grasis felt satisfaction momentarily. He had done it, he had actually added the man. He would reward him. If only he lived. He was still in the middle of a brawl with his eyes closed. As his eye’s started to open he felt the strong hands of this man grab him. They were falling, no rolling. This man was taking him somewhere. His eye’s opening wide in astonishment as he was rolled under the table.

A sharp sting went across his cheek, as this man slapped him, rocking his head back. Was that blood he tasted? Or was it his imagination. He couldn’t remember what blood tasted like, but he knew it wasn’t good to taste it if he did. This man was yelling at him, he knew. It was important, he knew as well. But he couldn’t hear. The echoes of that first slap were still ringing through his ears. It wasn’t a powerful blow, but it was effective.

Shaking his head slightly, he would start to focus again, just in time to hear the words ‘parlor trick’. This man thought he was just a trickster? He wasn’t going to reward him. His hard work, his risking himself, It was going to be for nothing. This man, he wasn’t going to help him. He was going to hang him. And as that thought passed through his head, Grasis started to struggle. He had to get free; he had to run before this man alerted everyone to what he was. It wouldn’t even require proof; just the accusation would be enough.
Just as he was about to pull his ribbon dagger out, the man spoke again. ‘Earn your coin, earn your meal’ he said. Pick a man, he said. Was it really that easy? He was going to buy him food if he could but take one person down. But it would take a great deal of work. Grasis wasn’t what one would describe as physically strong. He was skinny, to put it nicely. He had some muscle but not nearly enough to deal with these rough bar goers.

No, he would have to play it smart. Hit someone from behind, maybe with something hard, knock em out that way. Yes, that would have to be it.
As he watches the man roll back out into the fight Grasis would slowly move out from under the table. As he got to the edge he would reach up and grab a mug from it and just stare out into the fight. Maybe if he waited long enough an opportunity would show itself. The stranger was getting beaten. He had been kicked hard, though he managed to bring that man down with him. But as he got up he was knocked back down.

Maybe he should help him. No, he had to do this smart. He couldn’t go to his aid again.

Looking around he saw a pair of feet running towards the brawl, they were thick. They were obviously strong, but they were heading this way. No, they were heading past the table. In a few moments they would be beyond, this would be his one chance. Gripping the mug tightly he waited. As the feet ran past his hiding spot under the table he sprang out and up, moving as quickly as his nervous legs would let him.

As he stood to his full height he realized his mistake, this man was much taller than him. Much much taller than him, he could barely reach the man’s head standing on his toes, but he had to keep going. His momentum was too much, if he tried to stop he would simply fall into him, and that would no doubt lead to disaster.

His arm went in an arc, the mug out, and he stumbled forward, slamming the mug into the back of the mans head with a loud shatter. The mug had splintered into hundreds of pieces of broken glass. But the man wasn’t down. He staggered a step forward before turning, and glaring at Grasis.

He knew he was doomed, there was no way he could survive this brute, and so he started to turn and run when another man grabbed him by the arm and through him backwards at the man he had hit. As he stumbled back to him, he felt a sharp pain under his jaw, and the coppery taste of blood in his mouth. That was definitely it this time.

As he fell to the floor, more blows raining down on him, he curled up, shielding his head as best he can with his hands. ‘I’m not earning my meal today’ ran through his mind.
Grasis Deviil
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stomping grounds

Postby Wrenmae on November 5th, 2012, 6:03 am

Crashing against the table, he nearly flipped over it. Barely holding his momentum, he rolled along the edge and came out on his feet. Already, Djed surged underneath his skin, weaving erratic lines up his arm and into his right fist.

"In darker days, we send the strength of one, to match the might of many..." The words came to his mouth, mantras to help him concentrate the pathwary of Djed along his arm. Flux coursed in his right and he dashed his opponent again, Ducking down and narrowly avoiding a crashing fist, he pivoted, came up, pulled his arm around, and delivered a crushing punch to the brute's jaw. Both felt bones clack together and the larger man reeled backwards, falling hard and crushing a table beneath his weight.

Wrenmae was laughing, waving his hand in the air to deaden the pain already flowing through it.

Man this feels great.

Tell me about it, you want in?

And punch them with my amazing water hands? Talk about a turnaround.

We'll be hunted all through Sunberth.

Wasn't this a place we wanted to rule?

I wanted to rule.

We. Let's not quibble over the details, shall we? You do the boring stuff, I make the new laws.

They might have a problem with water making their laws.

Small minded. I vote we give em all familiars.

Ambitious

Always have an agenda...isn't that what you taught me?

Grinning, Wrenmae poured flux into his right arm again, spinning down around drunks and the unconscious to intervene at the right time. The boy from earlier, the hypnotist, was about to be made into something of a splintered mess.

Leaping up and bringing his fist into the back of the attacker's skull, the mage dropped the fellow and pulled the boy to his feet.

"Hey," he said, grinning and nodding at the door, wiping blood from his eyes, "Let's let the boys handle the rest and grab something to eat."

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Stomping grounds

Postby Xavior Silhouette on November 6th, 2012, 1:24 pm

It had been only a few days since Xavior returned to the lawless city. His adventure to Nyka ended quickly as he was met with prejudice and a less than friendly welcome. Perhaps he should of waited to enter the city at night rather than during the day as a monstrous Zith. But now he waited in the familiar tavern, a long robe to help disguise his figure, a hood which his head sat deep within. He sat among the drunks, homeless but strangely jolly.

He didn't so much as drink as he worked his charm on the drunks in an attempt of gaining a free drink.

"Haha, I remember when I ran a job for someone and ended up beating a man to death when they didn't pay." Xavior laughed with the other burly men.

"Oh oh, tell the story about how you got laid during that witchcraft storm." Another chimed in and Xavior tilted his head to listen.

"You buried your snake during the storm?" Xavior questioned matching the enthusiasm of the rest of the group.

"How disgusting," Xavior thought for a moment as he continued to allow his djed to flow from between his lips as he spoke. Each wave of energy reached their ears and entered into their body. A subtle suggestion of being friendly to a complete stranger and that person was of no harm to them. "Why do I feel most comfortable in this city?"

"Yeah yeah!" The man took a drink of his mead, "the city was falling a part and everyone was in chaos. I walked through the ruble and happened upon some travelers who sought shelter. She was alone, her husband apparently died sometime during the storm." He paused to take a drink while Xavior and the others nodded as if to encourage the man to continue.

Xavior moved to project his suggestions through his own aurora. It even extended to others not in the group. But only slightly as the man finally continued.

"Well you know the sky flashed with light as it poured down rain. It was at that time when I felt genuinely scared for my life. Well with a pretty girl in front of me and everyone else to bothered to care about others, I led her to my tent. You gotta understand, if I'm going to die, I was going to do so with my," he paused again and looked at Xavior. "What did you call it, a snake?"

Xavior nodded, "yes that is exactly what I said."

"Ha! Well with my snake in a woman's womb. She fought for a bit while my tent was torn by the wind. She fought and fought, but her body felt like she secretly wanted it. When I was through, I just picked up my more important belongings, left with my snake out to get washed off of slut juice, and went about my day. That thing,"

"You mean the girl," one of the man's friends corrected.

"No, it." The rapist corrected back, "it was the best lay I've had in all of my life."

The others seemed enraptured in the story, while Xavior did his best not to vomit. "What happened to her?" The gentleman next to him spoke up, "I would love to have a chance at that slut."

The man who told the story laughed, "funny thing. You can have a chance at that slut. But it will cost you money."

"Money?" Xavior asked.

"Yeah, she's a whore now!" Everyone at the table laughed loudly before they each took a drink of the bitter, bread like, drink.

Xavior didn't as he only chuckled mildly, "I wish I could enjoy this time spent with y'all better, but alas no drink."

"Now that is a travesty against all gods. Everyone needs a drink!" The storyteller yelled boisterously as he slapped Xavior's back firmly.

The friendly pat made Xavior choke in shock, before he chuckled. "I'll buy you a drink," the small group was drawn out of their own conversation as another spectacle seemed to appear nearby.

"Sounds like something is about to happen." The man who sat next to Xavior chimed in.

"Sounds that way, something about the crimson edge? What a failed gang, I saw them flailing about making a fool of what it means to be a gang." The storyteller added.

"I remember the Crimson Edge. I thought they were all dead, bit more than they could chew. However, they had a brush with my brother. If there are Crimson members still around, I would like to beat their face in."

Xavior's brow raised in the shadow of his cloak. He listened closely and could hear a familiar voice. He looked over at the group that had nearly doubled in size. One familiar man against two. He didn't remember the name, however the face and a dagger could be seen in his memories about the man. He was in the same gang, yet he never took the time to get to know the man.

"Hmm," Xavior turned back to the two drunken men. "I recognize that guy," Xavior began to change tactics in his suggestions. His djed began to spread and implant the suggestion that his face was never actually viewed during the conversation. If they were to see his face, they will not remember it because he was a friend and still not a threat or worth remembering. "You might be in luck my friend." He turned to the gentleman, "he was part of the Crimson Edge."

The gentleman's eyes lit up as he stood and eyed Shroud from a distance. "He is!" The man began to approach the central point of an upcoming brawl. The rapist was about to stand as well but Xavior placed a hand on his wrist.

"Wait," the suggestion continued but added on the idea that he was going to prevent anyone from leaving the tavern. "How about that drink?" Xavior smiled from under his hood.

His suggestion continued as he added to it, "if they fear death than they have not lived. Help them live life to its fullest in this brawl."

The man tilted his head at Xavior before he reached to his pocket and produced a few coin. He dropped it on the table, "enjoy the night." The man grumbled as Xavior stood and pocketed the coin.

He moved to a corner just as swords and daggers were drawn. A vacant table near by he jumped on to the table and watched the brawl spread like a disease through the room. Xavior yelled and clapped his hand as others too drunk to do much of anything began to coagulate around him. Xavior eyed those around him and began to suggest to them to stay and enjoy the entertainment.

The suggestion wasn't going to be enough to keep them where they stood, as a barrier. "Woohoo! Oh man did you see that! That chair shattered into a thousand splinters!" He began to cheer on the brawl and entertain the drunks around him. Some would leave and join the brawl, but others would come to replace him.

Xavior cheered and continued to watch, particularly following Shroud's movements. "Why did I leave this city?" He thought to himself, "this is where real mortal entertainment exists."

"Blood, blood! We want to see more blood!" He continued to chant but eyed the door and exits in case those vigilantes choose to make an appearance. He remembered them vaguely, to overcome with pain to see straight when they made an appearance.

He removed his cloak, no longer fearing being noticed as the people around him focused on the fight or others around them. Xavior ducked as a mug slammed against the wall behind him and spilled over his white robe. He smiled a broad grin as the wood ornamentation that hung from his branch like horns clinked softly together.

"Who is that man? I remember I had a close call with him once before," Xavior attempted to think back to the past. "I was in this tavern during the day and I was." Xavior's eyes widened as he recalled the scene, "Shroud. He is a hypnotist as well." He thought to himself before he returned his gaze to the crowd.

"Watch out for that fist Shroud!" He called out using his name in an attempt to gain the other's attention. While he did this, he reached into his pack and pulled out a smaller pouch. He produced a simple pipe, pre packed with tobacco, as well as a piece of timber. He moved to a lamp and lit the tip of the wood as he began to smoke his pipe and continue to cheer and dodge.
Life is what you make of it. Why not make it a piece of art that lasts till the end of time?
Xavior Silhouette
Player

Words: 195782
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Stomping grounds

Postby Grasis Deviil on November 20th, 2012, 7:22 am

The beating was stopping but the pain wasn't. He felt as if he was seconds away from being turned into a paste. This wasn't worth it, he'd rather starve than face more of this pain. But, he was being lifted. Was something even worse than a beating going to happen to him? He wouldn't allow it, no, nothing was worth this. He didn't bother to check to see who it was that was lifting him, it didn't matter. Only thing that did at that moment was survival and that meant, not being touched anymore.

His hand fell down to his waist, where a small blade was tucked into his pants. He was getting out of here some how. He didn't care if he killed any more, though he hoped he wouldn't have to. As he grabbed the small blade, ribbons would flutter behind his moving fist, as he slashs out at the hand holding him.

"Leave me alone!" He'd shout loudly in the face of the man holding him, only barely registering that it was the man he had to get on the good side of. Struggling to get free, he would continue slashing at the hand holding onto him untill it let go or he was restrained.

The door was where he needed to get, and he was going to get there. Even as the blade moved towards the hand, he was already on the move, scrambling as he stumbles, trying to get to the door and out of this inn as fast as he can and away from the violence.
Grasis Deviil
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stomping grounds

Postby Wrenmae on November 20th, 2012, 11:18 pm

The kid’s ribbon dagger sliced through Wrenmae’s hand and the hypnotist drew away sharply. What the petch was wrong with the kid? Tearing away, pushing through the chaos of the bar fight, he vanished from the room, leaving Wren to fend for himself. Well, kid probably overgiven to madness no doubt, and he’d almost gotten that blade in an eye. Thank Vayt it was only his hand. Turning back to the chaos, Wrenmae ducked beneath a fellow swinging an arm over his head, twisted flux into his right arm and hammered the drunk in the gut, sending him to the floor. Wren’s bones creaked under the force of the blow and his entire arm throbbed in the aftermath of the flux.

A familiar voice, only the edges of it, syllables and vowels, rose from the turmoil. And Wrenmae recognized Xavior, another phantom of the Edge, clapping from his comfortable perch. Ducking another blow and skittering back between tables and chairs, Wrenmae found himself behind the strange creature. “Well,” he said with a sharp grimace, “I didn’t expect a familiar face.” A strangled yell and the second man to accuse him came charging at Wrenmae. The mage hissed softly, dropping and rolling through splinters and obstacles, coming up and drawing the shield from his side. The small disk felt natural in hand. As the barbarian tossed tables aside, the mage fixed it to his arm. When the last table between them exploded into splinters, Wrenmae leaped back, caught a chair, reversed his position, and leaped directly into his opponent. Bringing up the shield like a weapon, he smashed it across the temple of the guy, both of them crashing to the bar floor. Dazed, the barbarian was too slow as Wrenmae raised the shield and brought it down. Again. And again. And again.

Blood flecked his face and he turned sharply back to Xavior, offering an apologetic shrug. “Nothing changes here…does it?”

And he stood, expecting the former comrade to follow, and limped out of the bar.

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Stomping grounds

Postby Xavior Silhouette on November 26th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Xavior felt more than just comfortable as he continued to draw long clouds of smoke from the pipe. The gossamer, lightly blue tinted, smoke wafted through the air in an erratic fashion as bodies pushed and objects pushed the air around him. He smiled while the stem hung from his lips when Wren seemed to recognize him. A jolly smile was plastered on his face, an odd emotion to show among the chaos.

“Tsk, neither did I!” Xavior hollered over the ruckus of the room just before Wren became indisposed once more.

He placed his hand upon a man’s shoulder and hopped off the table he had found purchase on. “Thank you comrade for the hand.” He complimented the drunken man as he turned over his pipe and dumped some of the embers into a near by receptacle. The embers glowed brightly and came to a sizzling halt once the bitter liquid smite the flame.

The owner of the glass seemed to protest before he was slammed by a table, the same table Xavior had once stood upon. “You get him Wren,” he finally encouraged as his eyes focused on the two bodies that fell to the floor nearby. He watched as Wren brought the shield down upon the man’s face.

The nose grew crooked as it began to spew forth streams of crimson that painted the shield and began to splatter the wood around them. Xavior watched as he crooked his brow, something seemed a bit different in the situation. Or perhaps, he wasn’t used to seeing Wren so violent. The beating continued and Xavior was certain the man would live, but with a disfigured face.

He watched Wren pick himself up from the unconscious barbarian and turn toward himself. “Doesn’t seem to change at all, why do you think I like to come back here?” He said quickly before he began to exit with Wren, not before offering a bit of aid.

As they left the tavern Xavior couldn’t help but think to himself, “this place has to much raw potential to just ignore it.”

“Hey, why didn’t you do that to our supposed leader?” Xavior asked allowed as he referred to the previous CE leader. “Barbarian beating seems to be your hidden forte.”
Life is what you make of it. Why not make it a piece of art that lasts till the end of time?
Xavior Silhouette
Player

Words: 195782
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Stomping grounds

Postby Wrenmae on November 30th, 2012, 10:19 pm

They left the chaos behind them, splintered furniture like morals, scattered violence for the sake of blood. By now the one who'd caused the ruckus had left, but Sunberthians were persistent creatures...they'd continue their rampage till long after all point was lost.

Xavior followed after him, but Wrenmae didn't turn to regard him. He knew the sometimes-Zith would follow...what else would he do? The Crimson Edge were outcasts, even in a place home to outcasts. If Xavior lingered, it was for a purpose.

Just like him.

"You might say I was a different man back then," Wrenmae answered, pausing to rest against the side of a building, "A season does much to change ones temperament. I've matured a bit since that time...besides, there are no Cades for me to beat. The Edge never returned from the Spires. They either rest, moldering, in the clutches of flora, or sit like kings on their conquered throne of enemies. In any case, they have not called for us so I believe it is safe to assume they are no longer our comrades."

Turning a corner, he paused again to catch his breath, wiping spots of blood from his complexion and laughing. "Gods but does Sunberth make it interesting, huh? How long have you been in the city? Newly returned or did you stick around after I left?"

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next