[Liminal's Book of Scraps] The Evening Earth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Liminal on December 5th, 2012, 9:40 pm

I truly appreciate all the kind words and votes of confidence. Thanks so much ^_^
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Liminal on February 8th, 2015, 11:03 pm

So, I'm back, and as soon as my voice comes back enough to do this, I think I'm gonna make a vlog. If you've got questions, feel free to ask them. If not, I'll ramble pointlessly, but I'll try to keep it short ^_~
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Postby Ink on February 8th, 2015, 11:04 pm

1. What is your favorite word?

2. Is there a NPC arch-type that you find yourself tending towards when you mod? Why do you think that is or isn't?

Ink
Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Keene Ward on February 8th, 2015, 11:20 pm

Liminal. Liminal.

Abura: What are you planning for the city? Are you actually going to integrate the half-Aks in the lower "slums"?

On half-Aks, how many of them even are there?

What are you plans for the future of the Akvatari race? Rewrites? Updates? What sort of things do you have in mind specifically?

Are you planning on working any more on their culture and "government", or are you happy with where it is?

What do you think is the most defining characteristic of the Akvatari and why?
What do you think is the weakest?

Can you explain "hovering" with the Akvatari? Does it kick up a lot of wind, or is it something similar to like... how fairies do it? haha

I know that Akvatari are defined as melancholy, does that include the depression, or just the intense thoughtfulness? Are happy Akvatari even possible, and if so, are they thought of differently than the other Aks?

With their visual art bonus, are Akvatari mostly studio artists? Or does their natural talent extend to all art forms?

What is the "ideal Akvatari"?

With wings and fur patterns, are there any sort of defining characteristics about them that set them apart/make them more/less unique?

How to Akvatari handle magic? Is it relatively simple(ish) for them due to their pensive and introspective natures? Are there specific magics they might do better/worse at?

Akvatari was pretty notoriously whimpy when it comes to combat. On a scale from master level races, where would the Akvatari fall?

Do you have any big plans for the Abura reopening in terms of plots? I know you like to plot and interconnect things, haha, so I'm curious if you have anything in the works already.

Are you planning on making the city any more open to foreigners?

How much weight can an Akvatari carry when it's flying?

Do Akvatari have hollow, sturdy bones to compensate for their cute little seal tails so they can fly? If so, do they tend to weigh a lot less than the average human of a similar size?

I know Akvatari primarily just jump into the water to fish and gather seaweed for food, but is there any kind of cuisine in Abura? Or is it purely fishing and foraging animal style?

How do Akvatari view the other races?

How do Akvatari view the gods?

What is an Akvatari's childhood like? I know they have loose family units, so I suppose it's more like... how loose is loose?

On average, how many Akvatari go abroad? Is there a general reason they might do so or is it pretty much up to the individual?

I remember you saying that Abura has some connections to Darva. Is this going to be added in your updates, or is it already hidden away somewhere? ;)

What do Akvatari think of pets?

And regarding the Akvatari handling trade, how are they different from the others? Or do they do it simply because it has to be done?

Where would you like to see the Akvatari go from this point?

Ok. Tons of questions, and I have even more, but I should probably back off now. haha, I'm really excited you're back (cue butt-kissing), and I'm looking forward to getting to reap the benefits of your return!
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Aventis on February 8th, 2015, 11:30 pm

YES.

Okay.

1. You have a very particular kind of writing style. I know what it is. Anyone that knows you knows what it is. What you describe your writing style as?

2. What were you on when you made the Akvatari and where may I purchase some?

3. You are a... Phenomenal member of the staff. You have made a lot of contributions. What are you most proud of regarding your creations?

4. What would happen if I made a kelvic hedgehog who is the most vulgar, annoying, disgusting PC in the game?

5. How much do you love me, Lime? c:

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Irriari on February 9th, 2015, 12:05 am

I would also like to see you expand on your writing and the thought process that goes into it. Do you ever get into a slump? Do you push past it or wait until you feel up to writing? What's the most difficult aspect of writing for Miz as both a PC and a ST?

Feel better!

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Liminal on February 22nd, 2015, 3:12 pm

I keep almost giving people who write awesome posts warnings, because I think the "Warn User" button looks like a "High-Five" button.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Postby Liminal on June 1st, 2015, 10:13 pm

I'd like to use this space today to apologize for the Featured Contributor debacle this month.

When folks floated the idea by me -- not once, not twice, but three times! -- and asked for my imprimatur, I gave it, even though a) I should have known better, and b) I've known Gossamer for something like a decade, which removes all ignorance from the equation. I didn't ask to see the comments that were going to be posted, which was another mistake. And then I posted the initial post that started it off myself, which was the mistake upon mistake that turned the thing into a giant flaming sack of crap.

I'd like to apologize to Gossamer, to the other folks involved, and to the community at large. It's my job to be the adult in the room in situations like this, and I failed miserably, causing pain and humiliation in the process. I can't really make it right, but I accept responsibility, and I'm sorry for the hurt I caused to others -- especially Gossamer.

~L.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Previous