Closed [The Sanctuary] Arise Sleeping Beauty

Ronan comes out of his coma and wakes to find himself at The Sanctuary

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[The Sanctuary] Arise Sleeping Beauty

Postby Kavala on November 12th, 2012, 4:03 pm

She paused in her plans and looked up at him, her mind still whirling. Started as a sickness? That wasn't much to go on. Was it a rash at first, then a fever? Was it a cough? She met his eyes and nodded.

"I know, Ronan. I know what your saying. And I see how you see this, but if this gets to Riverfall, all my people here are in danger. There's a lot we need to do to prevent anything from happening. We'll need to stock up on supplies, keep our food and water isolated from the rest of the city. We'll need to gather and prepare a wide variety of medications in a large quantity to be ready. The Zeltiva sickness is bad. This could be even worse because of how many Drykas were lost in the Djed Storm. I don't want anymore people to loose their pavilions. And yet, that's likely what will happen. It's outrageous how these illnesses come on the heels of disaster. It's almost as if Vayt walks among the Grasses after taking a trip through Zeltiva. And now we have to be doubly aware of strangers, illness, and any sort of happening. Any cough, any fever, any rash will be suspect. And lives will be lost."
Kavala said, nodding.

She touched the hand that grasped at her arm. "But we can minimize the loss of life by acting swiftly. I can't save the whole city and I can't save the people on the Grass. But I can keep the people here safe." She added, looking thoughtful.

"Relax. Sleep some more. I will bring you food in a bell or so. In the mean time I'm going to get really busy."
She said, looking thoughtful and turning to brush her lips across his forehead. "It's going to be okay, Ronan. Everything will be. Just concentrate on resting and feeling better. You've been through a lot." She added.
Last edited by Kavala on November 12th, 2012, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ronan on November 12th, 2012, 6:05 pm

He nodded softly. Perhaps in his delirious state he had lost sight of the gravity of this situation.

"When catastrophe strikes, Vayt usually follows."

Her hand touched his arm momentarily. He wouldn't try to soothe her any further. The storm had done enough to her home and livelihood - he understood how important this was to her. He did hold fear for Endrykas, truly. How many more of his people would die needlessly?

"Do what you must do for those you love," he said to her with a nod of his head.

He closed his eyes as her lips came to momentarily rest on his forehead. The anger of before had dissipated completely. They couldn't help who they were, two separate people, two separate personalities, but also entwined by the brambles of their soul's paths.

"Thank you," he said again, words thoughtful in sound, "when I'm rested I will need to ride back to Endrykas. Sam will be pleased you're taking precautions. I only hope there is not more pain in my wake."

He closed his eyes and led back onto the pillow. The vile tea from earlier had soothed frayed nerves, and the initial stimulation - the buzz of instinct - began to fade too. Sleep came soon enough.
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Traverse on January 28th, 2013, 11:28 pm

Thread Awards!

Kavala :
Experience:
Socialization 5

Lore:
The Art of Listening
The Right and Wrong Kinds of Love

Ronan :
Experience:
Rhetoric 1
Socialization 5

Lore:
Kavala: Exposing the Tears
The Courage in Admitting Cowardice

Shared Lore:
Kavala and Ronan: A Strange Kind of Friendship

Additional Notes :
I feel like I'm journeying through this fantastic fantasy soap opera every time I read your sordid romance. Both draining and wonderful, saddening and hopeful, inspiring and melancholy. I feel a bit lame just giving you socialization, but if dramatics and emotional upheaval were skills, you bet I'd be laying the points on like a banshee. Just a lovely journey as always, and perhaps from here the mood of story lightens? Perhaps? Well maybe just till the next epic Chavi journey anyway. Until next time kids!

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll be to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous