Closed For the Love of Pycons [Aello]

Matchmaking and Introductions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

For the Love of Pycons [Aello]

Postby Ball on January 4th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Ball only half listened to Lily’s explanation of her name, he understood it was based off of an older Pycon’s guidance and help. It was the older Pycon that gave the Another Pycon her actual name, it was a flower. Ball rolled in a nod at that and then paused, looking at her. She seemed to have fallen silent and actually stopped moving. She was frozen.

“Ud.Dur.Py.Con…” [‘Other Pycon….’] Ball rolled in front of her. He could see he needed to be a little more… action based in order to wake her, his small movements of rolling didn’t do much. Think Ball. What can you do?

He stared at her and then pushed out his stubby appendages and the bubbly part of his body to form once more his rather simplistic and crude humanoid appearance. “UD.DUR.PY.CON!” [‘OTHER PYCON!’] Ball screamed right into her face, still not much response. “Yu. Oh.Kay.?” [‘You Okay?’]

Still, the squire pycon had a feeling she wasn’t going to respond.

Think you oversized ball! Figure out something! She is just standing there all… Statue like, Blind Lady Pycon is going to kill you! Ball shuddered at the idea of the large Pycon coming after him, he looked at her general direction, seeing her still standing there staring off into space as well…Or at least still.

Back to Lily though, he stared at her and then tilted his body to one side, as if he was trying to tilt his head to that side to get a better look at her. What is I tried to wake her by moving her somehow? He slowly stepped up to her, just in case she was just testing him and was going to beat him senseless, he had to be prepared for any possibility.

The closer he got to her, the more he realized she was lost in her own memories of the past. He reached towards her with a stubby arm and actually leaned forward too much and was forced to catch his balance by actually hugging the poor memory-seized Pycon.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aello on January 6th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Time seemed to meander by. Moving as slowly as the clouds; rolling as unevenly as the gently sloping land that rested just beneath Aello's huddled form trying to keep out of the cold. But the girl cared not, for now, she wanted it to linger.

Lily remained mute as Ball began to scrutinize her, and figure out how to pull her back from the past. But when he touched her, something within her core awakened, causing her to blink several times, as though she had just been roused after a long slumber. The other pycon's stinted arms sent tingling sensations coursing up the length of her burnt clay flesh, and the weight he exhibited down upon her as he fell alongside her and into an embrace made her uneasy.

The pycon's clay eyes widened as her slender lips parted to reveal her surprise. "Ball!" she cried as his arms slipped all the way around her narrow waist. "Just what are you doing?" Lily continued, although their was no anger in her voice. Her arms rose to meet his own; misshapen dwarves in comparison to those her body bore. Her delicate fingers pressed against his smooth flesh, prodding his skin lightly at first, and then pushing them away. Trying to get him off of her.

Because she wasn't sure she liked what was happening.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ball on January 11th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Ball fell backwards and collapsed on himself when Lily pushed him away. With the sudden shift in his positioning the stubby appendages just flailed for a bit before being squashed back into the sides of his spherical body. Once again in the shape of his namesake the spherical pycon seemed stunned.

“I... I... Nu. Hu.Ur.Ta...” ['I...I...No hurt...'] Ball managed to blurt out, “Yu.We.Ur.Ly.Ka.He.Ur.” ['You were like her.']He motioned back towards Aello, “Eh.Ta.Wuz.Ska.Ree.” ['It was scary.'] Ball rolled a bit in place.

“I...I.. Nu. Hu.Ur.Ta. I. Hel.Pa.” ['I no hurt. I help.'] Ball paused in blurting out things, he seemed to have made Lily upset and wasn't sure how to make it right, let alone how to correct what he did.

“I.Go.No.Wa?” ['I go now?'] Him posing what should have been a statement as a question made it obvious that Ball wasn't sure what he did was right or wrong and if he should stick around, his slow rolling backwards would be construed as him hoping that Lily would let him stay, but if not... Well, he was already rolling in the general direction of camp.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aello on January 14th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Lily nodded, that she could plainly see for herself. Although, she was confused by his next few statements. Perhaps mirroring her counterpart's innermost state was a sign of her sympathy towards him, or perhaps, even her mounting level of empathy. She didn't suppose it mattered much, for she never thought too deeply on why she felt the things she felt, seeing as they tended to delay her adventures, and sometimes, even get in her way of having them.

Or enjoying them...

So, as the young pycon cocked her head, she pushed her feelings aside. "Why would you go?" Lily asked. "Do you want to go?" she continued, as the edges of her eyes rippled lightly, as though she were beginning to tear up at the thought. "Do you... do you not like talking anymore?" she asked, a hint of disappointment, or perhaps sorrow edging its way into her tone. "Do you not like me anymore?"

OOCOh dramatic Lily...

P.S. I am a terrible person, I know, I totally ignored Aello for the duration of this post.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on January 14th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Ball paused and rolled a bit towards Lily.”I. Nu. Wan.Ta.Go.” ['I no want to go.'] Looking at her he could see what appeared to be tears. It was upsetting her seeing him leave, so Ball made up his mind, pushing out his four stubby appendages and the bubble-shaped head of his, Ball formed a crude mouth in the bubble top and said, “I.St.Ah.Ya.”['I stay.']

He stood there, it felt awkward doing so, not something he was obviously use to doing... And it was visible in the way his stubby little legs started to quake and nearly buckle underneath him.

Should I stay with Other Pycon? Is she lonely? No, she has Blind Lady Pycon. Ball tilted his whole body to one side, “Yu.No.Be.Sa.Duh”['You no be sad.']

Ball nodded and reached a stub slowly up to her face, as if scared to touch her, as if was trying to wipe away the 'tears' that were there... Sadly he couldn't tell if she really was crying or not, he saw the bigger pycons cry and then another bigger pycon would reach over and wipe the drops away, so he just assumed that was what he was supposed to do here.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aello on January 15th, 2013, 3:34 am

"Who said I was sad?" Lily asked, as she stared intently at her counterpart, straightening out her neck as she did so. Watching as his shadow crept across the ground as his hand inched closer and closer to her face.

Finally brushed it, with fingers smoothed.

Although the texture of each was dry, bordering on rough.

Lily's lips curled into a delicate smile. He's so cute, she thought. So naive... he doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

A series of giggles escaped her lips.

"You don't have to do that Ball, I'm not crying," she whispered, as she raised her own hands and brought them to meet Ball's stubs. Her tiny fingers furling around the short appendage as her smile blossomed. As she brought his arm away from her, and pulled the left back while the right slid towards the edge. Clasping it tightly, as though they were holding hands.

Lily gave him a little squeeze. "Do you like me Ball?" she asked as the wind whistled all around them.

OOCEhh... forget her. Development time.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on January 15th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Ball was shocked when she grabbed a hold of his stub, it was a rather odd feeling, interaction with someone that was in a kind and caring way... Not in the usual fashion that he had normally. An odd feeling crept into his being, not unsure if he could analyze it at a later time and figure it out.

“I.Ly.Ka.Yu.Yu.Ny.Ca.” ['I like you.You nice.'] Ball's only response seemed to answer how he felt, it wasn't exactly how he felt about her, but it was all he could manage to say. It was the only way the young Pycon squire could actually communicate his thoughts.

Then again, Ball wasn't quite sure what he felt, it was a warm and cozy feeling... Maybe I should ask Pretty Lady Pycon or Blue Pycon about this feeling. They should know... But who would be best to ask?

The rippling in his body, mostly in the appendage she held, at the very end of it, right between her own fingers, there popped out a few small mini nubs, they were crude little sausage fingers!

“Yu. No.Sa.Duh.?”['You no sad?'] His mouth seemed to curve up into a smile, She wasn't sad or angry at me! That is good! Ball bounced a bit on his stubs then paused, “Wut. Ty.Ma.Iz.Ee.Ta?”['What time is it?']

He seemed to turn about, looking for the sun and not able to really locate it anywhere.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aello on January 15th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Lily's grin widened as her lips parted so that a series of giggles could escape. Her clay eyes seemed to sparkle as she gave Ball's nub another squeeze. "Why would I be sad?" she asked, as she stared him directly in the eye. "When there's nothing to be sad about?"

Lily fell silent then as he began to sprout fingers. Or something close to, allowing her to slip her own through them. Lily smiled even more widely then. He's learning, she thought to herself as she looked up at the sky. The sun. "Not quite noon," she answered, before looking down at him again.

"Do you think we should go back to Aello?" she asked. "I feel better now."
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on January 16th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Ball nodded, “Ye.Sa.Lets.Gu.Ba.Ka.” [‘Yes, let’s go back.’] There was a slight up tone in his vocals and a soft hue of red accenting his otherwise brown coloration.
“Nu. Sa.Da? Yu.Ok.Ya.Gu.Da.”[‘No sad? You okay. Good.’] Ball’s mouth once more curved up at the ends again in a smile. As they walked back towards Aello the round pycon’s form started to revert, first with the fingers and then the bubble head, and lastly the appendages. It was a slow process, but by the time they reached the huntress Ball was once again a sphere of clay.

“I. Sar.Ree.Sha.Pa.Nu.Sta.Ya.” [‘I sorry. Shape no stay.’] Ball apologized, repeating himself a few more times before he stopped talking and his mouth sealed over.

Nearly noon! What is Liege Lord finds out I have been gone for so long? He is going to be angry with me. But… I don’t want to go; I like it here with Other Pycon and Blind Lady Pycon. Maybe he will understand? Or maybe I should… Say something else? Yes yes… I will tell him I feel asleep while relaxing and just woke to come back. I will stay for just a few more minutes.

“I. Gu.Soo.Na.”[‘I go soon.’] Ball nodded, “Leige.Lord. Wah.Ill. B.Ang.Ur.Ee. Wid.Me.If.I.Ga.Uh.Na.Muh.Ch.Lon.G.Ur.” [‘Leige Lord will be angry with me if I gone much longer.’] Ball seemed nervous a bit at this point, realizing that he isn’t sure he can’t tell his Patron Knight what he was doing here. Just tell him you slept you pile of clay.

“I.Ce.Yu.Lah.Ta.Ur?” [‘I see you later?’]

Ball waited for Lily to wake up Aello before he said his goodbyes to her. It was going to be an interesting time explaining to Blue Pycon what he was doing... Or... Just don’t tell him. Yeah that seems best.

OOCI think another post each and this thread will end there, I am hoping we can do some more threads in a season or two? I know the Winter Ball is in Sahova/Mura. Heh. Maybe Late Spring/Early Summer?

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aello on January 16th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Within a moment, Aello's huddled form seemed to loom before each of the pycons. "It's ok," Lily whispered with a small smile, as her hand returned to her side, and she walked up to the huntress. Prodding her with her fingers to draw her attention.

Slowly, she looked down at them. "Hello Lily. Hello Ball," she said simply. "Ready to go? They should be rising soon. We wouldn't want to linger."

Lily nodded. "Maybe," she whispered, as she moved back to ball, leaned in, and kissed the top of his spherical form. "I'll see you later..."

Aello's muscles creaked as she eased herself onto her feet and gathered her things. Plucked up Lily and placed her on her shoulder. "Bye Ball," she said, as she moved away through the line of trees. Leaving only the pycon to wave away their sight from her perch.

OOCSounds good, she isn't going anywhere.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext