Flashback It is the hour to be drunken! [Val]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

It is the hour to be drunken! [Val]

Postby Sybel on December 4th, 2012, 2:10 am

”I see,” Valerius replied. He was clearly satisfied with her response for one reason or another. ”There is nothing wrong with being self-taught. I often study on my own after class.” Well if there was a single good quality in her neighboring bar patron, it industriousness. Perhaps he wasn’t as soft as his appearance implied. “Where have your travels taken you so far?” The sincerity in his question compelled to give a serious answer as opposed to the sarcastic one she had lined up. Thoughtful she sloshed her wine in a circular motion, eyes distant.

“I’ve been to Riverfall, Endrykas, Mura, Nyka, Syliras and of course Zeltiva. Excluding my native city of Yahebah.” The Benshira listed each item like it was yet another course in a several part meal. It seemed she’d gotten the question before. Her tone just had no flavor to it. “Each has their different characteristics and each journey its own danger.” Sybel took a sip of the wine she’d been toying with. It was wasn’t too dry, just sweet enough. A perfect excuse to swing the focus back to the monetarily secure young man.

“I thank you,” he replied, clearly unable to sense the obvious sarcasm it’d been laced with. Sybel was tempted to roll her eyes but it might spoil and otherwise amusing game. “And yes, Ravok is quite inspiring. The whole city has been built on top of a lake, and the different parts of the city are connected by canals and bridges. You should really visit sometimes. There is no other place quite like it in Mizahar.” That she was certain of. Of course they neglected to mention the torture chambers hidden beneath its lovely canals, or the complete intolerance for non-humans. In fact, everything about Ravok the woman found abhorrent. But instead she smiled sweetly, glancing over at her reluctant friend. “It sounds gorgeous. It’s truly a shame I’ve never gone.”

“What is the place where you come from like?” He inquired, most likely out of politeness than anything. “It’s sandy. There’s no arable land so most of the industry is fig farming and sheep herding. The sandstorms seemingly come from nowhere and can engulf the unsuspecting traveler. All in all, not exactly a tourist trap.” She grinned. No, Eyktol certainly was not. The only worthwhile place had been Ahnatep and it was in shambles.

“What are you studying this season?” Sybel inquired.

"I am wild, full-blooded and a trifle reckless." - Ser Arthur Conan Doyle
Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 310247
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on December 17th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Valerius didn’t particularly care about Riverfall (full of strange, blue men that were probably gay – he didn’t like blue or gay people), Endrykas (savages on horses – he hated horses), Nyka (monks that didn’t follow Rhysol) or Syliras (the enemy), so he made a face.

Yahebah was interesting though. He hadn’t heard anything negative about it yet, so he wondered, „What is it like? I’ve always wanted to visit that part of the world, but unfortunately I haven’t had time so far.“ If she came from a city like that, he decided, she couldn’t be all bad despite her manners and the way she dressed, and he could bear socializing with her a little longer.

„Ravok is one of the most beautiful cities in Mizahar“, he assured her. „Maybe you’ll be able to go there sometimes. As for your home not being a tourist trap, that’s not exactly a bad thing. I’ve never been particularly interested in so called tourist traps.“

„I study languages this semester“,
he replied. „Mostly Arumenic and the Ancient Tongue. I want to be able to understand the old texts. Most of them are written in the Ancient Tongue.“

He took another sip. His glass was more than half empty now.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cloud on March 10th, 2013, 9:16 pm

XP Reward!
From the sky falls your reward!

PC Name: Sybel
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization +2
Observation +2
Rhetoric +2
Interrogation +1

Lores
Lore Earned
The Nitrozian's (Basic)
Ravok (Basic)

PC Name: Valerius Nitrozian
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization +2
Interrogation +2
Observation +2

Lores
Lore Earned
Indulging In Free Wine

If you have any question of concerns, feel free to pm me!
Starting Guide | Zeltiva | Zeltiva Player's Guide | Staff and Request Thread
Office| Scrapbook
A big thanks to Coltyn/Banickle for the wonderful signature!
Cloud
Shazam!

Words: 40411
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 9:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous