Flashback hagule loreard the second.

part two of the lucky seven.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

hagule loreard the second.

Postby Eridanus on November 10th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Day 91, Fall of 416 AV
Morning
Aylasa Caves

It took two days for Medal and Coinsmith to return, but they did so within the three days time limit as stipulated by Middleman, much to everyone's relief, including that of the ingredient gatherers.

The eyebags and fatigue evident on both men's features and the mild shivering of their bodies were a testament to their diligence, and Middleman immediately ordered them to sleep in the warmth of the resting area of their caverns.

"You have some very dedicated agents, Middleman," Voodoo commented, his voice tinged with jealously as he watched the dismissed men with hawkish eyes.

"They stay in the Seventh, Voodoo. Find some others to replenish your Fifth," Middleman replied with a smirk.

"Bump roots, a giant spider, a basket of whinnis roots, a handful of rogue vines, and roots from specified plants. Excellent." Voodoo declared, taking out a series of complex looking glassware while motioning for Eridanus to help.

"Now it is your turn to be my assistant, Redeemer," Voodoo drawled, a sort of subtle superiority evident in his voice now that the tables were somewhat turned. "Take these bump roots, and grind them with the mortar and pestle until you get a mash of yellow substance."

While Eridanus began to do so with the bump roots, the poisoncrafting agent turned his attention to the more difficult task of the giant spider. It was a mindless task anyway, and all the vantha had to do was avoid mashing his own fingers in as he watched the man extract what seemed to be a series of dried vessels from the husk of the spider.

"Aged arteries," Voodoo whispered as he handled it carefully with delicate looking tongs, placing it on a small wooden plate as he slowly pulled out the trail of gory looking things from within the corpse of the giant spider.

Soon, the bump roots were mashed sufficiently, and he handed the yellow paste over to Voodoo who began to mix them with water to pour into a small flask.

Handing the basket of whinnis roots to Eridanus, Voodoo said, "Crush these, but we seek to extract the drops of blue liquid. Get enough to fill this vial."

This one required more concentration, and he proceeded to do so. As he pressed the roots down to squeeze the prized liquid from within, he realized that only one large root mostly gave out water, with a small drop of the blue liquid he sought. Thus, he had to separate them, scooping the blue liquid with a small spoon out of the puddle of water and into the vial specified. Now he knew why a basket of required, for he had to mash the entire basket, and only withdrawing enough of the blue liquid to fill the vial.

While he was doing so, Voodoo was preparing the vines and the rest of the substances that he extracted. Next, he was instructed to withdraw the liquid from the variety of roots. As taught by Voodoo, the vantha carefully slit open the roots with a small, surgical knife handed to him by the poisoncrafter, tilting the root and squeezing it red, colored liquid that looked like congealed blood into another vial. The next few roots he extracted the liquid in the same manner, though the syrupy liquid that poured forth from the roots' veins had varying shades of red. Shaking the vial to mix all the varying liquids together, he looked up to see Voodoo finalizing the preparatory work on his side as well.

Together, he aided the man in setting up the glassware and heat sources, boiling the blue liquid from the whinnis roots in order to further concentrate the substance. The paste they boiled with the various liquids extracted from the rest of the sources, while the sprinkled the powder from the arteries of the giant spider into the flask that contained the boiling substances.

Finally, Voodoo did his poisoncrafting voodoo and mixed them all together by boiling and evaporating the substances using an alembic, and what dripped out was a murky black liquid that looked like coagulated ink.

"A very nicely mixed combination of Close Call, Bloodroot, Blue Whinnis, Corona and Greenblood Oil. Separately, they each cause similar effects to what your your maledicted cup should achieve, and serve as a contingency, as well for our second target in the plan, a a certain Hagule Loreard who would be passing by Stormhold Castle in exactly one day. Sources tip that he would also be visiting that certain pub, and I have arranged such that Mister Radkleefe would be visiting at that time as well."

With a little more questioning, Eridanus figured out that the potent mixture of poisons, all concentrated into one vial made for a rather dangerous mixture. On their own, Close Call caused loss of motor skills, agility and balance. Bloodroot caused mild confusion and physical weakness. Blue Whinnis caused mild weakness followed by unconsciousness. Corona caused mild strength loss that increased to moderate loss. Greenblood Oil caused slight physical weakness. Combined together, these poisons created an effect quite similar to the cursed cup that Eridanus crafted.

"Very well then," The agent nodded. "Let us begin."
Last edited by Eridanus on November 10th, 2012, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Eridanus on November 10th, 2012, 5:58 pm

One day later, early evening
Unspecified Pub, Stormhold Castle

Eridanus had a hood up, a scarf covering the bottom part of his face as he acted as a Benshira. Their target Jogern Radkleefe was already in the pub, flirting with the barmaid as he ordered his mug of mead. The second was still nowhere in sight, though Voodoo promised to get him in the pub soon. Until then, there were not to act. Medal, Yeller and Coinsmith were all situated at various points in the castle.

The door of the pub slammed open, with laughter coming from the familiar raspy voice of Voodoo's and an unknown man. Voodoo gave Eridanus a brief, meaningful look before he turned his attention on the wiry man beside him.

Voodoo has engaged Hagule Loreard, Mark Two. Jogern Radkleefe - Mark One - remains in the pub. Begin Phase One.

Eridanus gestured to a barmaid, speaking in a gruff, unintelligible accent that he hoped sounded like that of a benshira. With that, he first ordered a mug of ale. When he was served it, he retired to a corner and out of everyone's attention, proceeding to transfer the contents of the mug into his own cursed mug. The ale now sloshing menacingly in the mug, he walked casually across where Voodoo was sitting and conversing about something to Mark Two.

He caught the poisoner's eye as he walked by, pretending not to know them when Voodoo said something and said, "Hey Benshira. Why don't you come sit over here?"

"Like I was saying, Hagule, those benshirans are very interesting people. Do you believe me when I say that they have each have a cup blessed by their god?" Voodoo winked.

"What does that cup do, Alex?" Mark Two replied with an intrigued expression, referring to the poisoner with his alias.

"Well it supposedly grants youth and strength that flows directly from their god. It's their supposed religious connect with Yahal, after all," Alex lied flawlessly. With that, he slipped several coins to Eridanus as if to bribe him. The disguised vantha handed the ale-filled mug over, counting the coins then slipping it into his pouch to make it look realistic.

"Have a drink, Hagule," Voodoo gestured at Mark Two. "I don't dare of course, after what I did with a certain uh... benshira women. Won't want a connection with their god on my end."

Mark Two shrugged, then took a deep swig out of the mug, smacking his lips as he looked around, expecting something to happen. Well, something did happen, and a sense of nausea began to strike him, the ground swirling before his perceptions as the full effects of the cursed mug struck every fiber of his body.

"I don't-" Mark Two mumbled, his energy quickly leaving his body as he tried to stand up and failed. Voodoo quickly helped him to stand, aiding him to walk. By then, Eridanus was slowly walking back to his seat, though taking a detour to pass by Mark One. As Voodoo helped their wiry target to move, he purposely passed by Mark One, and kicked Mark Two's legs from behind. It caused the effect of Mark Two stumbling forward, though Voodoo changed the trajectory such that it seemed like he stumbled in drunkenness towards Eridanus. As they collided into the vantha, he quickly slid forth the hidden spring blade within the bracer he wore within his robes, already envenomed by the poison that they made the previous day.

Due to the momentum of the collision, he fell onto the unsuspecting Mark One, aiming his spring blade such that it aimed at the man's exposed triceps where major blood arteries lie.

"Ouch!" He called out in his foreign accent, recovering from the fall and apologizing. He quickly kept the spring blade into the bracer provided by Voodoo for that mission, brandishing the fake ring in his hand that might perhaps explain why there was a sudden small wound in Mark One's arm.

"Sorry sorry... my ring cut you-" Eridanus spoke in broken common, gesturing to his finger and bowing incessantly. Mark One's suspicion reduced, he offered his cursed skull cup with some ale still in it to the man as a word of apology. "My home made liquor, from Ekytol. Want to try?"

Seeing it as a form of apology, Mark One chuckled and drank from it. Not long after, the effects of the poison and the cursed cup began to strike him, and Eridanus tapped on him nervously, causing the nearby barmaid to take a look. Voodoo and Mark Two had already discreetly disappeared from the scene after the commotion that the stumbling of Eridanus onto Mark One caused.

"Sorry miss... I think, he drink too much?" Eridanus asked hopefully. The barmaid shook her head, cursing about drunk customers wasting space and called for several bouncers to throw him out. By then, Eridanus had already made his exit, walking through the darker paths of the castle to escape from the scene and towards the horses prepared by Middleman just outside of Stormhold Castle.

Yeller was disguised as one of the bouncers, and he made sure to throw the unconscious body of Mark One onto a certain unlit corridor of the castle, where Medal stood by with a wheelbarrow covered with cloth, with a few choice vegetables poking out. Medal loaded the body inside the wheelbarrow, and with his farmer's outfit he whistled as he strolled out of the castle, his cargo in tow.

Coinsmith had been walking ahead of Medal, scouting for paths not patrolled by the knights and marking specific areas discussed beforehand with chalk to provide the path.

Eridanus reached the outside first, taking the horses prepared by Middleman and attaching them to the carriage that was hidden behind the back of the stables. Yeller came first, followed by Coinsmith then Medal. Voodoo was already in the carriage with Mark Two. Loading their cargo into the carriage, the group then drove the carriage and rode the horses back to their base in the caves.

Mission Accomplished. Two mark secured.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on November 10th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Skill Requests
  • Poisoncrafting
  • Disguise
  • Acting/Impersonation
  • Subterfuge
  • Stealth

Lore Requests
  • Lucky Seven Milestone: Hagule Loreard (second)
  • Poison: Bloodroot
  • Poison: Blue Whinnis
  • Poision: Corona
  • Poison: Greenblood Oil
  • Poison: Close Call

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cloud on March 1st, 2013, 6:20 am

XP Reward!
From the sky falls your reward!

PC Name: Eridanus
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Poison +2
Disguise +1
Acting +2
Subterfuge +1

Lores
Lore Earned
Poison: Close Call
Poison: Bloodroot
Poison: Blue Whinnis
Poision: Corona
Poison: Greenblood Oil
Lucky Seven Milestone: Hagule Loreard (Second)

The plot thickens... If you have any questions or concerns feel free to pm me!
Starting Guide | Zeltiva | Zeltiva Player's Guide | Staff and Request Thread
Office| Scrapbook
A big thanks to Coltyn/Banickle for the wonderful signature!
Cloud
Shazam!

Words: 40411
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 9:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook