Red Diamond Shopping (Rosela)

Syrah goes shopping at the Red Diamond Fashions store when she is pondering the state of her current clothing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Syrah Steele on November 19th, 2012, 4:05 pm

TimeStamp: Fall Day 19, 512

It's got a rip in it...I can't believe my skirt has a rip. When did that happen? Syrah worried to herself while examining her brown linen skirt while walking through Riverfall. She was clothed in her daily wear of her brown skirt and white linen shirt, as well as her only pair of shoes, brown leather flats. This is my only skirt... She thought to herself, did she need new clothes?

Syrah thought back to her wardrobe. Two linen shirts, one skirt, one pair of leather pants, a robe and a pair of shoes. Crap, she really did need to expand her closet. She thought back to her dresser at home in Syliras... Why didn't she bring all those clothes here? Oh, that's right, she wanted to start out on her own, with no help from her father, plus the weight of those garments was just too much. Darn her thinking! Now, right after she just spent all that money on furniture, she would need to spend more Mizas on clothes.

Syrah stumbled and looked up as she almost ran into a big Akalak. He gave her a lingering, sideways glance. She shivered and looked away, to her right. Then she realized what she was looking at and she almost laughed as she opened the door and strolled into a clothing shop that was named "Red Diamond Fashions". It was just her luck, too, to run into a shop like this right when thinking she needed to go shopping.

Scanning the small shop she say that men's clothing was on one side and female's on the other. Women clothing seemed to have much more color than male, so much color, Syrah was hypnotized with all the color. It had been a while since she had shopped or thread.

Syrah walked slowly over to the women fashions and began walking through the aisles and ran her fingers over the numerous amount of clothes. She was lost in them and totally forgot that she needed help with this, because she had no idea what she needed.

OOCTotal Wardrobe w/ pictures: Here

"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on November 26th, 2012, 11:04 pm

The morning had been chilly, and Rosela stared out the display window, hoping it would warm up by the end of the day. The leaves were starting to fall, creating a fluttering dance of them whenever the wind kicked up. She’d just finished sewing up a pair of warm, wool gloves that morning and was indulging in a well earned break before starting on something else.

It had only been days before she’d opened her doors, and she was slowly discovering the tedium of manning the front desk. By that point, she’d started to regret spending mizas on a worktable for the back – she worked so often at the front table, while watching the door, that the back had become a glorified storage room. The worktable was stacked with clutter that she kept telling herself to sort out: bolts of wool and cotton, pincushions populated with needles, and rows of thread bobbins in varying colors.

At least the front could be called meticulous, and Rosela slid from her seat to meander into the men’s section. The trousers were slightly crooked, and it would bother her to no end now that she’d noticed it. She heard the door open just as she made it to the stack, and she peered out of the aisle at a human blonde who’d gone immediately into the women’s side. Rosela took a moment to straighten the trouser pile before moving quickly to the other side of the store, making sure to make enough noise in her approach. She’d learned her lesson the hard way the day before, after accidentally sneaking up on a pregnant Konti had ended in tears and the loss of a sale.

”Hi there!” She exclaimed cheerfully, clapping two of her hands together. ”Welcome to Red Diamond Fashions. What can I help you with today? Some new blouses maybe, or a nice dress for a night on the town?” Two hands still clasped together, another rested suggestively on a flattering, strapless dress of colored ruffles. The woman had a pretty face, and had a decent build, but it didn’t look like the gods threw any extra curves her way. Her fashion sense was decent, in the same utilitarian way that most people around Riverfall seemed to work with. Speaking of –

”Oh honey, did you know there’s a rip in your skirt?”

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Syrah Steele on November 26th, 2012, 11:47 pm

Bashful, Syrah looked down and blushed. The girl sounded sweet, almost motherly, even with her extraordinary amount of arms. Syrah was new to shopping, hadn't ever really shopped before. "Yeah, I...uh... Just noticed that, that's why I came in... I need new ones? Actually I know I need more clothes...I just don't really know what..." Syrah looked down and trailed her hand on the nearest piece of clothing her nervous hand can find.

"I work at the Winery, something like this," Syrah gestured to her skirt, "Is bound to happen again..."

Syrah looked around at all the clothes. There were so many colors and styles, it made her head dizzy. She hoped this girl knew what she wanted, because Syrah sure as heck didn't.

"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on November 27th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Rosela grinned widely, ignoring her customer’s apparent confusion. ”New skirts? A whole new wardrobe? No problem! Oh, this is so exciting!” Two hands waved excitedly and two more reached over to hook into her new customer’s arm. Her first really big sale! ”Now honey, you just call me Rosela, and we’ll get you all squared away.” Marching deliberately over to the skirts, she slapped a hand down on the stack, making the fabric puff up around her handprint. ”Here are the skirts. We’ll get you something short for fall, but winter’s coming too, and that’s no excuse to not look fabulous, so we’ll cover that too.”

She release the woman’s arm and leaned back on a heel, hand under one chin as she looked her up and down. ”You’re not bad with the brown, but we might want to try some green accents, or maybe even some yellow to bring out your eyes. I know there’s a perfect one in here…” Turning her eyes away for the first time, Rosela’s hands danced along a couple stacks of clothing before coming to rest on a particular one. Pulling out one brown skirt in particular, she held it up, four hands pinching the corners. It was a shin-length skirt, with three layers of loose ruffles spiraling from the waist to circle around the bottom. Each layer of the ruffles and the waistband were embroidered with green vines and leaves. ”Well, what do you think? Go on, try it on.” Handing the skirt over, they moved to the back of the store, to the changing rooms.

”This one is wool, so it’ll be a little warmer than what you’ve got. It’s a bit more expensive, but it’ll last way longer. If the price tag is too much though, I do have one in cotton.” Rosela secretly hoped she went for the wool, but clearly wouldn’t say so. She figured it’d be better to build up trust and get a recurring customer than get her to spend a fortune just once.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on January 9th, 2013, 8:51 pm

OOCI know you're off doing other things, so rather than hold you to this, I'll just cut it off so we can get graded. If you pick Syrah back up, I'd be happy to thread again :)

After a solid bell of pulling up fashions, trying them on, and putting them away, Rosela sent her first big customer out with two full outfits. The moment she disappeared from the window outside, Rosela looked down into the drawer at the handful of mizas she'd paid with. It wasn't that the shop was doing poorly - it was only starting out afterall - but it was still a wonder to see so many mizas in front of her again.

Even in her old life, she didn't handle the money; they paid someone to do that for them. Had she really been poor that long that seeing a handful of mizas was enough to captivate her? Resolutely slamming the drawer shut, Rosela focused her eyes to the display windows, where her wares were painted with splashes of crimson from the setting sun.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on February 1st, 2013, 12:33 am

For the Weary Traveler

Rosela :
Experience:
Observation 2
Persuasion 1
Socialization 1

Lore:
The Thrill of a Big Sale
The Forgotten Shine of Mizas

Additional Notes :
Not much to give here, but I just loved the way Rosela was positively beaming with excitement at getting an outfit for Syrah, truly in her element. Syrah, if and when you return I would recommend changing the font color of your speech on that particular template, the contrast at least on my screen makes it intensely hard to read. And just let me know if you want your grade as well. Till next time ladies.

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll be to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)