Closed A Bad Day Gets Worse

After a day in which nothing goes right, Iskessah gets into even more trouble.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Bad Day Gets Worse

Postby Wrenmae on January 1st, 2013, 9:05 am

"In a holding cell," A voice drawled from beyond her vision, "Arrested on charges of assaulting a paid mage in Zeltiva's employ." Stepping around Ignotus, Wrenmae passed the vertical slats of iron with a cold smirk barely contained by his serious facade.

"The penalties can be extensive, you see...the mage was conveying a mass of flames from a burning house to extinguish in the sea. Your untimely attack nearly released the damage on another Zeltivan neighborhood. One might consider that a terrorist action."

Shrugging, he grabbed the extra chair and turned it around, sitting so that his arms rested on its back as he stared into the cell. "Ignotus will decide whether to press charges or not and I, as a Waveguard and witness, will carry out the law to the full extent of its letter."

He nodded toward the nuit and sat back, drumming fingers against rough wood, "So if you're in a pleading or particularly convincing mood, I might suggest addressing your concerns to the man who could...literally speaking, write a ticket to your freedom."

Taking a swig from the water skin he'd been provided on his entrance, Wren wiped his mouth and continued to observe her, eyes glittering in the low light of the dungeon.

"I'm only here to ensure due process...and enforce any laws, of course, should you prove hostile."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Bad Day Gets Worse

Postby Iskessah on January 26th, 2013, 11:48 pm

OOCIggy said to skip his turn, so here we are.

Iskessah sneered at the men in front of her. Every ounce of her being resented that such worthless creatures were capable of imprisoning her, but she'd been in the world long enough to know how to fake humility for the sake of survival. Or at least how to not be openly hostile. Without the threat of the Ebonstryfe breathing down her neck, it was hard not to reveal her contempt.

But she listened to the uniformed man's words. Had she assaulted someone? The last thing she remembered clearly was...the outrageous brothel prices. And then... something warm in the sky? Then waking up here. Given how cold it was, and how she might possibly have died without getting somewhere warm, she supposed she could have attacked someone who got between her and the giant glowing sun...but revealing any such motivations would reveal her to be Dhani, and she was not prepared to do that. The habit of disguise was still well-ingrained in her.

Choosing her words carefully, lest her hissing voice triggered some recognition from these two strangers, she spat, "I don't even remember what happened. What do you want from me?" The sooner she cut through the shyke and got to the bottom line, the sooner she could get out of this ridiculous place.
Iskessah
Player

Words: 140537
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Bad Day Gets Worse

Postby Wrenmae on June 7th, 2013, 7:34 am

Turning back to look at Ignotus, Wren shrugged and sat closer to the bars of the cage. He looked the girl over, not so much attracted as amused. She wasn't Zeltivan, that much was evident in her garb and skin. There was another origin at work in her.

Usually, the prospect of travel, distance, excited Wren. Since he was a child, the lands of Mizahar had always fascinated and amused. Now he sat before someone of a mystery...someone who was at his mercy due to the technicality of running into Ignotus.

"I'll make this simple," Wren said, raising an eyebrow, "I could put you away for the season or longer on assault charges...that said, I doubt very much that either of us have the patience to deal with that sort of charge. However, I'm not in the habit of simply forgiving offenses, remembered or not...so I'm willing to consider charges served in full if you'll offer me something in return."

He sat back in the chair with a smirk, hands behind his head...at least for a moment before realizing what could be inferred of that statement. "Not sex...if I was interested in extorting you for pleasure I wouldn't have brought a witness," He inclined his head toward Ignotus, "Let's begin with your name and place of origin...we can follow with your business in Zeltiva and go from there."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A Bad Day Gets Worse

Postby Ignotus Everto on August 14th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Ignotus listened to the exchange quietly, occasionally making little whirlpools in the Res pool around him to keep his attention away from his burning skin. Unlike mortal races, his pain didn't lessen with time, and as such, he was a rather irate fellow. So naturally, when Wrenmae mentioned charges, he nodded. Though prison was perhaps too good for her.

Then, of course, the Wave Guard mentioned something that got the Nuit's mind on something else entirely. It was a joke, of course- or rather, a wry clarification. But it still brought a sinister smile to his face. "I can leave if you'd prefer." Ignotus said smugly when Wren mentioned witnesses, a faint hypnotic pulse rippling from him. A simple subliminal suggestion. Why not? He could do everything else he wanted to first, after all. But still, she was there.

The wizard's poor young friend didn't seem the type to feel a woman's touch that often either. He was doing Wrenmae a favor, really. And making that wretched woman suffer while he was at it. Of course, the Wave Guard seemed to have different plans; which was one of the reasons this particular seed was meant to be a late bloomer. He wouldn't want to derail things, after all. No... Just switch the tracks twenty yards down. Besides, it meant having time to reinforce said seed. And who knew? Maybe the cold-blooded creature in the cage had an interesting life story.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

A Bad Day Gets Worse

Postby Iskessah on August 16th, 2013, 12:39 am

Iskessah's lip twitched when the guard mentioned sex, but she managed to get it under control before it resolved itself into a smile. Too bad, she thought. The guard was not bad-looking for a human, and if getting arrested was what it took to get a cheap whore in this city, well, she wasn't going to argue. Not to mention it would be a fun way to warm up.

Tragically, the guard did not want to play. He seemed more interested in getting her life story... something she was not in the habit of sharing. Of course rotting in a cell did not sound fun either. Still, she had no reason to make it easy for him. He had done nothing to make her feel friendly toward him, or to make her believe that there was any particular advantage to cooperating. She wouldn't outright lie--that could be discovered later and cause more problems--but she could make the truth as useless as possible.

She let a slight, challenging smirk appear on her face as she responded to the guard's questions. "Name: Iskessah. Origin...Taldera." It was true, technically. The Dhani nest was her origin...even if she hadn't been there in a human lifetime. As for his last question... why was she here? It would almost be easier if she were actually here for a reason. Then at least she's have something she could craft a lie from, much like she'd done in Syliras earlier in the season. But she had come to Zeltiva on a whim, mostly because she hadn't felt like just going straight back to Ravok.

Finally she settled on the vaguest--and yet, most accurate--answer. "I am here merely to travel." It had taken her a few iterations of running through possible responses before coming up with one that wouldn't give away her tell-tale Dhani hiss, but she didn't really mind if the guard noticed the pause. If he thought she was hiding something, that would only make this conversation more interesting. And it would be funny when he finally realized there was nothing more to her story.
Iskessah
Player

Words: 140537
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Bad Day Gets Worse

Postby Wrenmae on December 5th, 2013, 10:14 pm

Wrenmae heard the words first, then felt the thought. He half turned in his chair, propping an elbow up on the back and stared Ignotus in his dead eyes as if to say "Really? REALLY Ignotus?" Rolling his eyes he turned back to the woman in the cage and sighed, crossing his arms.

Really this interrogation was going nowhere useful. Admittedly taking her off the street had been something of a whim anyways and she was terribly uninteresting up close.

However, she was also being vague purposefully...and that certainly earned her no favors with the storyteller.

"Well then, Iskessah from Taldera, it would seem we made a mistake pulling you in." he chewed on his bottom lip thoughtfully, bobbing his shoulders. "Maybe we should just let you go, but really, I don't like your attitude."

He came up close to the bars, staring in at her and curled a lip ruefully. "Tell me something interesting. Tell me something worthwhile, Iskessah of Taldera, and I'll let you free. Your haughty attitude wins you no favor here, as the law is fairly on my side in all this. I'm content to let you rot in our coldest holding cell all winter, but of course," he put out both arms in a lethargic shrug, "That all depends on you."

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous