Open Stupid Blade

Vaspira becomes frustrated on the training grounds, sitting in the snow cursing her new blade.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Stupid Blade

Postby Banir Ironwood on February 9th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Letting his hand massage his throat a little more he thought about the fight once more. He himself hadn't done too bad, however this probably would have been more effective if he had found a thick frozen branch to use. That way she would have been able to use her sword a whole lot more in the fight. Perhaps have gotten a little more practice in with the damn thing. Oh well, that was in the past now, an option that just didn't appear to him at the time. He thought over the fight again up to this point. Looking at her now her cheeks seemed a little flushed? It was probably just the cold. They had after all been standing here for long enough to effect her like that. Well there was another option, and that was-

Ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

His mind echoed in laughter at the thought, not so much at the thought. More just at himself for thinking of such a thing. There was no way a brute like him, someone who never shows his face. To possibly inspire those kinds of feelings in another no matter how remote. It was as likely as the sun falling from the sky to crash into the earth. Besides that how could a Kelvic feel like that? Or was it breeding season for large cats, he honestly didn't know how all that worked. For the most part he just played it by ear and went from there. He blinked a few times his red eyes surrounded by a calm white, examining the small female before him. She was speaking, trying to teach him in return for teaching her. He decided it wouldn't hurt to listen.

Banir paused for a minute, the chest soft spot! Oh gods how could he forget that one! How many times had he been punched there by his own father? How could he forget?! Perhaps the work of the day had gotten to his mind a little more than he had expected. Oh well it appeared she knew a little more about it then him at least. Solar plexus? That's a weird name for a soft spot on the body. Sounds just a little too, strong, to be a weak point. He looked down and prodded his own chest, then looking up at Vaspira. He had mostly guessed where the 'solar plexus' was. No still sounded weird maybe he could call it the squishy thing. NO, no no no no, that sounded a lot worse even in his own head that sounded utterly horrible. What was he doing again? Right the plexus, hey that sounded better, no focus! He shook his head a little and rubbed the side of it. Rolling his shoulders letting the sound of moving metal and bone synchronize as one sound he looked at Vaspira.

He waited for her to finish before he thought or did anything. The first thing to come to mind was how could she understand humans without words? That made no sense she- He quickly dropped that thought process, if she said she could do it he wouldn't doubt her. That train of thought was only unproductive and would set him in a loop like most of his free thoughts. The next was that he felt he should answer her with words rather than simple gestures. How else could he express his opinions or otherwise assert himself. Conversation was how communication happened, a lack of conversation would mean he couldn't communicate properly. With this in mind he gave his throat a long solid massage. Letting the his muscles relax in his throat as he tried to be gentle with his damaged flesh. After a chime or two of contemplating and massaging he was ready. Testing his voice with a couple of gruff, light noises, mostly to make sure his voice was clear he began. "There is no need to, call me Mr. Banir. I am just and, simply Banir, there is no need, to be formal." At this he raised his hands and slowly lowered them, a sort of symbolization of lowering the formality. "Next I'd ask, that you please not, worry about my, throat. Its gone through, a lot worse, than talking for, too long. However, it would be my, honor to accompany, you. I'd never turn down, a free drink." He was out of steam at this point. His throat hurt too much and he'd need a drink to continue. He just hopped she didn't notice, he had done well at pushing back the pain in his mind. After all he had done it enough times before to at least speak though the pain in his voice.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stupid Blade

Postby Vaspira on February 10th, 2013, 8:14 am

Vaspira stood there as examining the man before her. He kept his face covered, which only made Vaspira assume that he did indeed get hurt in a fight. Why else would he cover it up? Aside from the fact that his voice came out gruff and strained, one could see that it pained him after talking for so long. She could not help the fact that she felt somewhat responsible for his pain. She was after all learning from him, so he had to communicate verbally to teach her. He did not seem to be the kind to take sympathy too well, so she offered to buy him a drink and some food. A thank you for the Spar as well as a sorry for making him talk and causing him pain. At least it would make her sleep easier knowing she returned the debt in some way. She wasn’t as hard as the façade she put on, she was actually quite fluffy underneath that harden façade, but she just never wanted to be taken advantage up. It seemed to Vaspira that stronger individuals made the weak their prey, hell she did it when she hunted in her feline form, it was the way of the world.

Vaspira abandoned her thoughts as a few chimes went by, and Banir seemed to be ready to speak again. She meant what she said about him not needing to vocalize, but maybe he did not want to seem weak, or maybe he did not know how to communicate with out verbalizing. Vaspira had to speak to humans in feline form through gestures, if she had to do it herself it would only make sense that she would understand his gestures, well a little at least.

It seemed Banir did not like to be called Mr. Banir, she was only saying it out of respect. That is what you say when you respect someone, right…? Vaspira thought she was having good manners, but it seemed she was failing everywhere she went. Banir seemed to want to drop the formalities and just be casual with one another, so Vaspira nodded in agreement. I suppose friends are casual with one another..? She thought as his voice reached her ears again. So the man did not want sympathy, or her worrying about his throat. At least he wanted to accompany her to Graths, so that was an upside. No matter, she would worry about his throat and try her hardest not to verbalize that worry; it was just in her nature to be concerned of those who were kind to her.

”Wonderful! I am so happy you agreed to drink and dine with a Kelvic. Let us go and get some rest, and perhaps share a few laughs as well.” Vaspira smiled over at Banir, looped her arm through his, and half drug him towards Grath’s Rest.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Stupid Blade

Postby Traverse on March 3rd, 2013, 9:10 pm

A Friendly Spar

Banir :
Experience:
Acrobatics 2
Brawling 5
Intimidation 1
Observation 3
Socialization 2
Tactics 1
Teaching 3

Lore:
Vaspira: The Black Leopard Kelvic
Kelvics: Adaptable Creatures
Vaspira: Not Very Polite
Using a Dummy as a Weapon
Teaching Through Words and Actions
Vaspira: Fierce Despite her Size
Being Taught Something in Your Own Lesson

Injuries:
Bruised Side: Will be sore for about a week
Sore Throat: will be dry and scratchy for a couple of days

Vaspira :
Experience:
Acrobatics 3
Brawling 4
Endurance 1
Gladius 2
Interrogation 1
Observation 4
Socialization 2

Lore:
Banir Ironwood: A Large Man With a Hidden Face
Better to Overcome Fears Than to Succumb to Them
Banir: Sensitive About His Facial Region
Banir: Eyes From His Mother
Tip: Don't Charge A Large Armored Man
Banir: Quick for all that Armor
Learning the Weak Spots of Your Enemy
Using Agility Over a Large Opponent

Injuries:
Bruised Side: Will be sore for about two weeks
Bruised Shoulder: Will be sore for about a month

Shared Lore:
The Beginning of a New Friendship
Pushing Your Opponent to the Limits

Additional Notes :
This was a nice and informative thread for the two of you I think. I really enjoyed how Vaspira used much more instinctual fighting techniques instead of using the blade of her Gladius, which was why I awarded the points in Brawling instead of unarmed combat. It was also nice to see Banir's eyes expose a little sympathy and feeling aside from the stoic side he seems to mostly portray. I am interested to see how this relationship continues in the future.

Just one thing that I picked out: At one point Vaspira, you mentioned that you consciously dilated your pupils to use as an advantage in combat, which unfortunately is not a trait you can manipulate. The dilation of the pupil happens depending on light filtering into one's iris, and wouldn't provide any real tactical advantage in a fight.

Apart from that it was nice to see both of you playing to your skill levels and giving each other something to work on. Nice job!

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous