Open Stupid Blade

Vaspira becomes frustrated on the training grounds, sitting in the snow cursing her new blade.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Stupid Blade

Postby Vaspira on January 1st, 2013, 11:54 am

27th Winter 512 AV

Vaspira entered the training grounds, inhaling the brisk winter air into her lungs. It was cold, really cold, but it was perfect weather for Vaspira to train in. She walked over to a large wooden dummy jutting out of the ground, it was more of a thick piece of wood that someone had buried in the ground, but it would suffice to her needs.. She could see the deep groves of blade marks littering the wooden surface of the dummy. Vaspira brought out her new short sword dagger, Gladius, she bought at the Wind Reach Trading Post on the 20th. She was not sure how to use the thing; she never even touched a weapon like this one before. The only weapon she had ever used was her mother’s bladed cloak, and it was used differently than actually holding a dagger in one’s hand. This dagger was for closer combat, where the bladed cloak could be used at a distance. Vaspira wasn’t sure she would ever engage in close combat with an individual, but one could never be sure. She must be prepared for anything.

Vaspira held the gladius blade in her right hand, weighing it and getting a feel for the blade. Then she spread her feet a few feet apart, crouching she began whacking at the wooden dumby. She kept this up for 5 minutes, until she came to the realization that she was swinging as if she was trying to chop a tree down. Maybe I should of asked for help after all? Vaspira thought to herself sighing despairingly. She wiggled her right arm loosening the muscles, and switched the blade to her left hand, this time swinging at an angle. That was a little better I guess.. Vaspira frowned, she was not sure she was doing this right at all. She was starting to get frustrated and started swinging the gladius blade in arcs, hitting the dumby harder, which is when the blade got wedged in the wooden dumby. Vaspira growled in anger, and tried to pull the blade out. She did not have much strength in her hands or arms, she wasn’t weak, but she wasn’t really that strong either. Vaspira placed her right foot on the dummy, tugging with both of her hands as hard as she could. The blade came out swiftly, and Vaspira fail backwards a few feet landing roughly on her bottom. Vaspira threw both of her hands up in the air out of frustrating, tossing the blade at the dummy. The gladius blade stuck in the dummy, vibrating back and forth. Vaspira yelled in frustrating, cursing the blade while sitting on the ground.
Last edited by Vaspira on January 7th, 2013, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Stupid Blade

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 6th, 2013, 10:16 am

Large and heavy foot falls thumped their way on the snow laden ground. Standing at his solid six feet with his stocky two hundred and forty eight pounds including his strong build Banir was a born brute. With his dirty green winter coat, hood held over his head hiding the top half of his face. While his scarf covered the lower letting out only his rage red eyes and keeping prying eyes from seeing the scars on his face. His raging eyes where surrounded on the outside by a small ring of clam white that kept his anger in check. The eyes showed his Vantha heritage while the physic of his body showed off the Isur blood in his veins. The half breed was adept at fighting, the rage held back by barely by his conscious effort also assisted in his fighting skill. After all it was hard to put down someone he didn't feel pain and was focused utterly on assault. A good defense was a strong offense, though even without his rage. Banir's body was thick, hardy and strong. Acting as natural armour, this of course led to his brutish appearance and almost thug like demeanor. Though he was judged mostly by appearance a heart and mind did sit behind the wall of stone that he was.

As his metal covered boots crushed the snow, Banir marched to the Training Grounds hoping to be able to do a bit of a work out. Maybe find a sparing partner and sharpen his skills. As he arrived he noticed someone sitting down with a blade stuck in a practice dummy. What he was most surprised about was someone had actually built one and placed it in the grounds. Considering he'd not seen one there before. The sword was wobbling in the dummy, the situation quickly became clear to him. Setting his bulk into the grounds he walked to the dummy. Walking past the girl without so much as a word he grabbed the end of the sword with his right armoured hand and yanked it out. He was stronger than a human, his bones where thicker and his skin tougher. He'd caught anvils before, and had been beaten badly. Pulling a sword from a dummy was rather simple to him. Walking towards the girl he lazily brought his arm forward. And dropped the blade before her. It sunk into the snow but halted when it touched the frozen ground. Banir watched it flop to its side. Taking a pause he looked at the girl. His mind lining up words to accompany his breath.

"You really should learn, to handle the blade, before you use it. If you don't that's, how you can get hurt. Or worse." His breath broke past his white scarf, the message was simple but clear. The girl before him seemed a beginner to a fight, he could tell that much just by how she was pouting. Wondering slightly if she actually knew which end to hold. He had used many different things in a fight, usually it was what he managed to grab. But he'd wager he'd still have a little more finesse with a blade than her. Banir stood silent his hulking figure standing over her almost imposingly, he did have some concern though. It was hard to tell but it was there. Though he was filled with rage that didn't mean he like seeing people harmed for no real reason. Especially when they cannot defend against themselves.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stupid Blade

Postby Vaspira on January 6th, 2013, 10:51 am

As Vaspira sat in the snow, blatantly cussing her blade, she heard heavy foot falls from behind her. Her body instinctively tensed at the sound, her dainty nose sniffing the air. The scent was familiar, but she could not be sure exactly who it was that was approaching, she wasn’t a dog after all. She sat there tense, looking up at the blade, pouting. She was trying to teach herself the use of the blade and failed miserably at doing so. The bladed cloak was different than an actual blade you held in your hand, but she assumed she could teach herself enough to basically use the weapon. But the damn thing had to get stuck in the wood, which just made Vaspira want to scream at it. But she refrained to silent mumble threats toward the blade, as well as calling it some names that would make a person blush.

A person materialized out of her peripheral vision matching the foot falls. She could not see who it was because the man’s face was completely covered, except for his red eyes. Vaspira watched the bulky man come up and easily pull the blade out of the wood. She could not help her small gasp of surprise that made its way out of her frozen lips. The man was intimidating with his size, but even more so since his face was covered up. An uneasy feeling settled itself in the pit of her stomach, but she kept all emotion from her face as she gazed up at the man.

Then the man exhaled his emotionless words with his breathe telling Vaspira that she should “learn how to handle the blade before using it.” That was what she was trying to do though! How was she supposed to learn how to use the blade, if it wasn’t by using the blade? This confused Vaspira greatly, as she had poor knowledge of weapons. The only weapon that she was in control of and knew well was her claws and teeth in Kelvic form.

Vaspira sighed and grabbed her knife up from the snow, standing up to meet the man face to face. When she came to her feet however, she found that this man was a bit taller than her and she had to look up to meet his red eyes, penetrating them with her electric blue eyes. Vaspira took two steps back from the man, to get a better view of him, as well as to stay on the defense in case he was dangerous. Vaspira preferred to look into the eyes of the individual she was talking too, one can hide their face, but it is the eyes that tell one’s story.

”Yeah well that was what I was trying to do, but I failed. How am I supposed to learn how to use the blade if I do not use the blade while training?” Vaspira let out an exasperated breath, directed at the blade and not the man. ”I just want to be able to do more. I do not want to be defined by my race.” Vaspira looked down, averting her eyes from the man, casting them down on the stark white ground. ”You smell familiar.. Have we met before?” Vaspira did not have the best of memory when it came to people; she never got too close to anyone to bother with such formalities. Vaspira tended to keep her distance from others.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Stupid Blade

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 6th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Banir stood there as he watched the girl move, and the fist thing that screamed about her was no fighting experience. He didn't doubt that she could fight, he could see the will in her. Her stance, mannerisms spoke her inexperience in with fighting, he doubted she could do much harm to an opponent. Giving her a look over again he listened to her words carefully. Taking another deep breath his graveled and rough voice spoke once more. "Quite simply actually, your learning to, strike with the blade. You learn to handle, it by getting used, to the weight. Understanding how, it flows in your hand. No one can just, pick up any blade, and know how it, works." He took a pause as his throat rested, talking still hurt him but he had never let pain stop him before. With a few breaths he found renewed strength and began again. "My weapon is every, thing around me and, on me. I cannot just freely, grab something and understand, how to use it. I can guess its, weight and how to handle, it. But until I know as, much about it as, possible. Its just another object, to me." He needed another break, pulling air into his lungs through his ruined throat.

He took his moment of rest to think about what the woman had said. 'I do not want to be defined by my race.' The way she spoke and the level of intelligence sounded like she was human. Banir had seen a few Kelvics before, more like animals who can take human form in his opinion. She didn't fit the signs he had learned about. But then he remembered what she had said, that he 'smelled familiar'. This gave pause to his thoughts, he knew that there where other races on Mizahar. Kelvics, Humans, Vantha, Isur, Inarta, Jamoura, Akalaks, Konti, some four armed human to which he had yet a name to, and the gods. If this woman wasn't a Kelvic or a human perhaps she was one of the races he had yet to meet? He shook the thoughts from his head, more than likely he was over thinking things again. Looking at the woman he thought hard but didn't quite remember her. Then it hit him like a ton of bricks, she was the weird Kelvic that had tried to be sneaky back when Alea and some little hooded girl fell into the nets! He gave a light chuckle as he remembered watching her walk by like she was unseen. As his moment of rest ended he thought it best to answer her question while he had the breath. "Yes we have met, before. Forgive me my, memory is not very, sharp." Taking another moment he bowed to her, mostly just bending his torso forward then back up. Politesse was important, even in the Spires. "Allow me to, introduce myself, again. I am Banir Ironwood." He fought for more air as he looked at the woman. Honestly he didn't expect anything formal from her. All the Kelvics he had known never where really big on being polite, but they where straightforward and to the point. Something at least he could appreciate.

His red eyes rimmed in calm white shifted gently, the colours merging and moving in his eyes. Like the lights of the north instilled into them though his heritage. The large man looked at their snow laden surroundings, the training ground was as it always had been. Just with a blanket of white upon it. Still if they did decide to spar or where ambushed it would pay to know the surroundings. A habit he was steadily instilling within himself, looking around he saw the trees, the few rocks on the ground. And the bushes, fond memories there. With the ground before him at least fresh in his mind he looked to the woman before him. Normally he wasn't much to talk, namely because of the pain in his throat. Though he was a rather shy young man of thirty eight years, he had gotten better at talking to individuals. So long as they where alone at least he was able to show he had some brain rather than nothing but brawn.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stupid Blade

Postby Vaspira on January 6th, 2013, 8:48 pm

She inspected the man further standing before as he spoke. His voice came out in a rough graveled sound, making Vaspira curious as to what he was hiding behind his hood and cloak, and why. He explained to her how her that one could not just use a blade till they felt the blade. It was a little confusing to her, as she had no experience in welding a sword anyways. She was silent for a while thinking about what he said. Then it clicked, she needed to learn as much about the blade as she could before she began to weld it, that way she is decent in using it instead of a miserable failure. But how was she supposed to go about that? She wasn’t that good at reading books, it was shameful thing, but there was no use for such skills where she was raised. Her mother focused more on hunting then learning.

The man sounded like it pained him to speak, Vaspira’s brows furrowed in thought, staring at the man. She did not want to seem rude, but the man was a curious subject to be sure. He spoke with intelligence and held strength, but there was still something not quite right about him, and Vaspira had yet to figure that out. Vaspira was curious person, it usually got her in trouble or situations she rather not be in, but she still learned something from it. She stood there in silence staring at the man, as thoughts of him tossed around in her head.

When the man spoke again, she jumped a little startled out of her thoughts, a light blush blossoming on her cheeks. She did not realize how long she was standing there staring at the man in wonder about him. She hoped she did not make things awkward or scare the man, but she doubted she could scare this brawny man even if she tried. Then the man bowed down before her telling her his name was Banir Ironwood, what a polite formal way of introducing oneself Vaspira said to herself as a small smile appeared on her face.

She could not help the small chuckle that came out at the thought of the man's bulging eyes when she was naked. He must not be used to Kelvics, but then again she could of been more modest. Oh well, she just wasn't that modest when it came to shifting, it was either get naked or rip your clothes. But at least the man attempted to look away out of politeness.

Vaspira did not know how to respond to such a formal introduction, she wasn’t used to it. She did not want to seem like an ill-mannered animal, although at times she was. So she curtsied to the man, feeling a little dumb, while saying ”It is a pleasure to meet you again Banir, I am Vaspira the Black Leopard Kelvic. I would like to thank you for your words about the blade; it has given me some new insight. I must admit.. I am a little stupid when it comes to fighting in human form. I am so used to ripping and tearing things apart with my teeth in claws in Kelvic form, that I have not had much training in human form.” Vaspira smiled brightly at the man. She hoped the last part did not make him see her as disgusting. That was the only way she had to describe it really, and she was a blunt person usually unless she wanted to spare someone’s feelings or if they time did not call for such things.

She didn’t want to be defined by her race, which was for certain. Most people saw the kelvics as animals and nothing more, and she wanted to prove them wrong. Kelvics had feelings too, they had a heart and goals and wishes and needs, just like anyone else. She did not deny that she was an animal, in most things. But there was still a woman there too, a woman that desperately wanted to learn how to defend the weak and herself included. Nothing pissed her off more than seeing the weak and defenseless pried on, which would seem strange too most people since she is a predator that hunts animals. She did have a blood lust, that she had to sate ever so often. But usually she hunted for animals that could defend themselves if they wanted to. Vaspira was trying to justify her predator side in her thoughts, which she forgot about the man standing before her. She casted the thoughts aside with a small shake of her head, and returned the bright smile on her face. Looking up at the man, into his weird shifting eyes. This man just became more curious and intriguing as time went on. What was up with his eyes?

”What brings you to the training grounds this morning?” Vaspira was sure he was here to train, that was obvious by his muscles and strength that he could not hide with his clothes. But she wanted to ask out of kindness, she was trying to be polite, failing only slightly.
Last edited by Vaspira on January 7th, 2013, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Stupid Blade

Postby Casper Cross on January 6th, 2013, 9:01 pm

Changed.
Last edited by Casper Cross on April 30th, 2014, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Common|Fratava|Kontinese|Thoughts
Casper Cross
Captain of the Ghost Maiden

Words: 8766
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2013, 11:24 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Stupid Blade

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 8th, 2013, 10:27 am

When she revealed that she was in fact a Kelvic he was a little surprised to hear it. Even more surprised when he had picked up on his lesson so fast. From what he had seen Kelvic's didn't learn very well. Only after long days of teaching and constantly drilling in the thought did they begin to understand. Vaspira had caught on quickly, and even so managed to understand and respond as such. Had she not told him outright he may have doubted her as a Kelvic and thought her more a human wizard able to shift forms. With a belated moment he stood realizing he was being rude in his long silence. He forced his mind to recall what had just happened. Right didn't she just ask a question? Quickly his mind moved shifting words and focusing on making a sentence. Unfortunately with his throat in pain and short on time he only could give a short answer. With this his breath breached past his white scarf. Becoming a slight fog that carried with it his graveled voice. "To get stronger, better, faster, tougher." Simple but direct and to the point. As the training grounds name had suggested it was here so that people could hone their skills. Though its original purpose had been for the training of non-Jamoura so they could capture the larger feral creatures during the djed storms that had claimed the fair city.

However this was still the best and most probably the safest place to practice skills of fighting or otherwise. Taking his large and thick arms and crossed them over his chest the metal on his armour rattling lightly. The twice as thick as ordinary cold iron was practically nothing to him now. He had worn it for a full year or two now. The weight was no longer heavy to him, he missed how it felt when he had first put it on. The weight was nice, tough and hard to move in. Maybe he could special order something from Sultros when he had the money. His mind snapped into the here and now again as he noticed a large Jamoura trying to hide. The black ropes and his massive four foot wide shoulders did little to help him. After all the Jamoura had the stealth of a raging fire in the middle of a snowy field. Honestly Banir felt a little embarrassed and a lighter red shone in his eyes. Namely that it had taken him so long to spot the massive creature. Quickly though his eyes regained their rage red lined in a calm white. His eyes settled and focused back on the Jamoura. The Jamouran's shoulders where practically four whole feet across! And the height was just about an entire eight feet tall, Banir was a brute of a man. Large, thick and strong with Isur blood pumping strong in his veins. However even he was dwarfed by most if not almost all Jamoura, this one seemed to make an effort to make him appear the size of a Pycon.

As the Jamoura approached he didn't look up to meet his gaze. It wasn't that he was being disrespectful or he was too full of pride, its just that it would pain him to do it. His throat was still deeply damaged, it felt a little less ajar than before, less out of place. However this didn't stop the flaring pain of talking, moving it, eating with it. Even breathing with it was a challenge more often than not. The healer he had visited had done a miracle and more on his wounds. But not even she could fix his bodies injuries to at least minimal performance. He waited for the Jamoura to speak first, unable to see past his large chest he noticed his hands moving. It was a pipe, and a match? Since when in the name of Yahal did Jamoura smoke? He shook his head inside his hood, he was no one to judge. After all he was a berserker that liked to sit and carve on peaceful days. Everyone had their quirks and he was certainly no exception. As the Jamoura asked his question Banir shrugged and did his best to think of words to go along with his motion. With only one coming to mind he spoke. "Fine." After a small pause he figured it was best to add something a little more polite. Considering that the Jamoura where the more scholarly type, so politesse would be a good choice. "And how are you, yourself good sir?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stupid Blade

Postby Vaspira on January 8th, 2013, 1:23 pm

Banir’s simple and short sentence spoke volumes, whether or not he intended that it would. Stronger,better,faster,tougher.” Four simple words that left his mouth, that told Vaspira that this man was serious when it came to his training, and did not want to be weak. Much like her, although he obviously was better at it, giving his size and all. Still though, he had dedication to whatever goal he had by training. Vaspira had a small amount of respect for this man already; she never really respected humans, especially since they all thought her an animal. Banir crossed his huge arms making the heavy armor rattle as he did so. The armor looked to be really thick, how did he manages to wear such armor and it not bring him to the ground? This puzzled Vaspira, until his words came back to haunt her, Stronger,better,faster,tougher. He must be wearing the heavy armor to train his body even when he wasn’t on the training grounds. This put an idea in Vaspira’s head but she quckly abandoned that thought when she heard movement from behind her. Vaspira’s sensitive ears picked up heavy foot falls.

Vaspira could not help the little frown that appeared on her face as she turned her back towards Banir looking across the training grounds. Her heightened eye sight picking up movement, she zoomed in on her target. It was a huge Jamoura man, wearing black robes, trying to hide himself behind a rock. This made Vaspira a little nervous. Why would a Jamoura be here? Why would he be hiding?

She could not help but feel nervous as the huge ape man approached her and Banir. She backed up a few steps bumping into Banir, making the metal clank a little as she did so. Jamoura frightened Vaspira, if that made her a coward then so be it. They were huge and strong, and she did not like the feeling of being an ant compared to their size. Her whole body went tense, her heart pounding loudly against her chest. She reached behind her squeezing Banirs arm, and quickly releasing it. What could he do? He was a stranger too. A huge stranger at that. Vaspira was feeling scared and a little inadequate being surrounded by tall, strong men. This may have been other women’s wet dream, but she on the other hand felt surrounded.

Vaspira calmed down her breathing, as she noticed she was breathing heavy in fear, as the Jamoura spoke. Vaspira held her tongue looking up at the huge man nervously. She felt a little rude by doing so, but she could not find her voice for some reason. Then Banir spoke from behind her, and she quickly moved out of the way, coming to stand beside Banir instead of in front of him. Why was she positioning herself in the middle of danger? She supposed she wasn’t thinking correctly at the time, the intial fear was wearing off. She decided to speak up as well, but maybe not as polite as Banir.

Vaspira cleared her throat, inhaling deeply before she spoke. [b}”Fine. You?”[/b] That was all she could manage, and it came out with a sneer. She did not mean to sound so rude and hateful. But she was terrified of the ape man. When she was scared she always tried not to show it. So instead of looking frightened like a wee child or a damsel, she had the face of arrogance and confidence, and the voice of a bitchy woman. Vaspira could not help that though, she had to be like a chameleon and change with the situation. If worse came to worse, she would use her hypnotism on the Jamoura to get away. She did not have the brawn or fighting skill like Banir, but she would use whatever she had to escape death if she must.

Posting OrderVaspira, Banir, Seth.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Stupid Blade

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 10th, 2013, 8:43 am

Gazing at about the lower chest of the Jamoura the black fabric there greeting his eyes. He was thinking about making an attempt to look up at the massive Jamoura however he had a feeling that wouldn't quite be worth the pain he'd experience in doing so. Instead he settled to keep his head at where its current height was. His eyes where filled with only half interest as the let his mind freely wander within his head. Why had the Jamoura been hiding? What reason was there for him to be in the Training Yard? The Jamoura he had known where mostly scholars or gentle giants that help people and often with a smile. Though he had yet to see it he was sure there was a Jamoura that embraced their large and stocky builds. Heck, just falling on someone could prove lethal. Banir's thoughts where broken when he felt something hit his front. Looking down he saw the small Vaspira backed against him like he was a wall. He wondered silently why she was backing up into him? He looked back at the Jamoura, its not like the ape man was threatening them right now. All he was doing was standing there, though he was massive and chances are a punch from the Jamoura would hurt like Ivak's wrath. Its not like it would kill you.

He paused and rethought that last bit, he shook it off as he remembered that speed was not something a Jamoura was well versed in. Even someone like him could at least out maneuver the large beast of a man. Honestly he was unsure of what to call a Jamoura, saying the word over and over was really frustrating. His thoughts where broken again as he felt someone squeeze his arm. Looking down he remembered who was sticking so close to him, she was at his side now. He took closer examination, was she actually afraid? She looked like she had been backed into a corner with nowhere to go. Why would she be acting like this? Wasn't she supposedly here to train and become a better fighter? Though he did have to admit that her current position did have some reason behind it. It was a wise move considering if the Jamoura would turn hostile he'd hit her first. Now that he had been reminded he looked though he was only met with confusion. Vaspira had responded to his question with a lot less politesse than himself, she seemed rather rude about it too. He frowned behind his scarf. She had changed from afraid to rude, personally he disliked people who where mean to others for no reason. But then again he had no right to judge considering his own emotional control wasn't secure either. After Vaspira's attitude it seemed the Jamoura no longer wished to converse with them, after asking his question and receiving his answer he was wandering away. Banir's eyes turned a light confused orange surrounded by red. What had just happened? This was definitely strange to see, as the Jamouran walked away he simply blinked and took a long deep breath. Raising an arm he waved a silent goodbye as the Kelvic kept to him.

With that out of the way and done Banir figured he may as well do what he had intended to when he made the walk to the Yard. With a long breath in and a drawn out sigh he sauntered away from Vaspira. He took his right arm and put it across his chest, the thick muscles covered in metal where then held in place by his left. That had come up from below to hold it to his chest. He pulled lightly feeling the tough skin stretch. Once that was done he alternated with his left arm turning his top slightly. Realizing this must be a little awkward for Vaspira. To just have gone though the encounter with the Jamoura and now to see him stretching he turned to her. Looking at her his eyes had regained their red with white lining once more. He took a long breath as he focused on what he wanted to say. With his thoughts lined up he took a long breath and let his voice breech past his scarf with a fog following after it. "Well, now that that is over, what do you say. To a small spar with, me? I don't mind if you, use your blade. Weapons or no weapons, is fine by me. And don't worry, its a spar so, no painful strikes." He took a pause interested in what she would say. Taking his time to examine his surroundings looking for possible weapons. The dummy would definitely be something to use, a few rocks laid around, a thick tree branch or two. Next came footing, where could he go and gain the advantage. Trees around the Yard could provide cornering points, rocks and a few bumps to avoid. With the simple terrain in his head he looked back at Vas. Awaiting her answer.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stupid Blade

Postby Vaspira on January 10th, 2013, 2:49 pm

She watched as the Jamoura looked at her, her rude response leaving a frown on his ape face. She was sure her sneer would get her punched. It is said that Jamoura can punch a deer, and it would be dead after that one punch. The thought of him punching her small body, only made her more scared. Then the Jamoura turned and walked away with out a single word. Damn. Vaspira did not mean to be so rude, but at least the reason for her fear had left, finally.

Vaspira was standing there in the cold, holding a blade letting it dangle at her side. She was feeling a bit awkward in the position that she was in. She tried to be friendly to everyone she met, and she tried to be a sociable person. The fact of the matter was, that she did not know much about socializing with humans, and she tended to be alone most of the time. So it made all social situations awkward to Vaspira. Banir seemed to be a quiet man, only talking when he had to. So that was good, she did not have to worry about long rants if she did something wrong. Vaspira chuckled to herself as Banir started doing something strange.

She stood there with her head slightly tilted to the side as he started doing some weird looking movements. What was this man doing..? Vaspira was feeling even more weird in this situation, as Banir continued to do more of those weird movements. Then he turned around and asked her if she would like to spar with him, she could even use her blade if she wanted to. Vaspira wasn't sure how this sparring was going to go about, everyone had their own way about doing things. But he said it wouldn't hurt so that made it sound a little better, although she did not want him to go easy on her just because she was a girl. She also did not want him thinking her a mean person by the way she acted to the Jamoura. Vaspira shook her head lightly, her rambling thoughts were become jumbled again.

Vaspira turned to Banir and sighed, letting the breath she was holding out. Sorry I bumped into you. I also did not mean to be rude, it just... came out that way. Vaspira did not like being mean to others, but sometimes she could not control her emotions, and when that happened things became jumbled and confusing. I wouldn't mind sparring with you, if you don't mind correcting me when I am doing something wrong, and showing me how to do it right. I also do not want you going too easy on me just because I am female, I am stronger than I look. A lot of people assumed that she was frail and weak given her height and weight. She thought she was taller and weighed more then most women she met. She supposed the weight was due to the muscles gained from hunting, her muscles wasn't visible under her clothing, but her body was tight all over, with a minimal amount of fluffy to it.

Once again Vaspira had to abandon her thoughts so she would not miss Banir's words when he spoke. She turned her attention to Banir, looking into his weird red eyes. She meant to ask him about that, but she decided that would be rude to ask. So she settled for staring at them, examining them, as she waited for him to answer.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next