Ionu

God/dess of Illusions and Trickery.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Ionu

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 4:48 am

Ionu

ImageIonu is perhaps one of the most mysterious of the Gods or Goddesses. In fact, Ionu's mystery is so deep that no one is quite certain (even other divine beings) if Ionu is a Goddess or God. The debate among scholars often runs hot and heavy in this matter, and is prone to flare up at multiple times in multiple ways - much like the age old debate on which came first, the chicken or the egg. Ionu isn't an isolationist however. Rather, it is thought that this divine being has its hands in multiple things. Considered mischievous, interfering, and the subject of countless stories - Ionu is normally behind any light hearted mischief or serious fun. Ionu tends to throw people for a loop, masterfully tricking both mortal and divine beings in what often seems a fit of boredom or an itching to see something stirred up.

Ionu has also perfected the art of Illusion. Said to be close friends or perhaps even related to Akajia, Ionu is a weaver of sorts and plays an important role in Mizahar. As reinforced by those that have encountered this deity, Ionu's followers are masters of illusion. They tend to participate in nefarious or otherwise dangerous activities, though people considered 'good' often follow Ionu as well. Even Syliran Knight Intelligence Officers tend to court the favor of this deity in hopes of earning a Gnosis mark and learning the secrets to true illusionism. Ionu's true followers, however, form a theater troop called The Inverted. Some say the theater troupe is just a cover for the advancement of Ionu's more secretive goals, but nonetheless, these theatrical players are considered some of the best anywhere in Mizahar. And when they tour, people come from all over to witness their amazing illusions. Having trained with the Inverted opens doors for people, especially in the realm of espionage and intelligence. And due to Ionu's very nature, its incredibly hard to determine just what this divine being's agenda is.

Ionu will manifest for people, though each time they appear, they take on a new form - sometimes male, sometimes female, sometimes hideous, sometimes unearthly beautiful, and sometimes even something so monstrous it has no name. But be careful attracting Ionu's attention. You might get more than you bargain for. One of his or her favorite forms is a crow or raven that tends to be all colors at once, not just simply black like the God/dess appears at first glance.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Ionu

Postby Crypt on January 22nd, 2013, 9:38 am

40th of Spring, 509 AV (Alvadas, a room in the Cubacious Inn)

Who are you? What are you? You are Ionu, God of Illusions. And that is the only thing I can be sure of. Or perhaps not. Perhaps reality is but an illusion, and you are the one God. Or are you an illusion yourself? Always shifting, never constant except in your name and role. You crafted Alvadas, that wondrous city I currently reside in. And that is something that brought me to your worship; a God that can do something as marvellous as that deserves to be worshipped.

You are an enigma to me, even as I am to most people I have met. You and Akajia, a legendary duo of secrets I may never touch or feel. I shift, I change, but eventually I transform into my original self. But you? You never stay the same, from what I hear from others. To be able to play pranks on any being you wish, to be able to manipulate illusions with such perfection that they become reality for any under its influence... I would love to be you someday. Illusions are amazing things. But are you still the same Ionu that created Alvadas, or another that has taken up the mantle of Ionu? Gods change - over hundreds or thousands of lifetimes, perhaps? - and you may not be the same anymore. No one knows. Even all I say is but speculation I eavesdropped But you still protect Alvadas, and allow it to flourish and become a wonder for all to behold and gape in awe - or fall into a lake of icy lava that tastes suspiciously like the finest apple cider I have ever drank. Yes, that happened to me this fine day.

I have enjoyed Alvadas too much to leave it now. But too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I shall leave, but not too soon. Here's a toast to you, Ionu. Why not come around my room sometime for a drinking match? I'll pay for all of it, naturally. Unless you'd like to offer? Well, come along then, Ionu. Whoever you are, whoever you may be, come and have a drink of that fine ale - or wine, whichever you prefer. I'll be waiting.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Ionu

Postby Alric Wilmot on July 14th, 2013, 9:34 pm

Summer the 12th, 513 AV

"Ionu, my god I have lost my way. I have sought knowledge, understanding, power. I am but a mere man, and I am weak. Lately, however, I have come to realize that these things are empty. Death claims us all, and in the end, all our acquired knowledge and power is meaningless as we pass on to the next life. The best we can do is enjoy the now.

And no other god quite knows joy as you do. Variety is the joy of life, it is one of your teachings, one I had not understood. But now, I think I do. Alvadas is ever-changing, accommodating to your wishes and often bringing chaos. But it isn't a harmful, or spiteful chaos, its a reprieve from the boring old routine. I didn't understand how wonderful Alvadas was, I fear. I was raised there and so did not appreciate what I had, too used to the buildings changing shape and places.

Now that I've traveled, I long for my home. For my god. I have missed Alvadas terribly, I am leaving this accursed city, Zeltiva, on the morrow. I pray the journey is successful. But, perhaps there might be a trick or two, to keep things lively on the way? I hope to be home soon. I hope you are listening.

Please, just... bring me home."
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet