Rak'keli

Goddess of Healing and Health.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Rak'keli

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 5:18 am

Rak'keli

ImageRak'keli is the Goddess of Healing and the fraternal twin sister of the Goddess of Visions, Avalis. Though they were not born identical, their personalities are strikingly similar. Called the Dark Sister, in contrast to Avalis' being the Light Sister, Rak'keli's name means to 'rise above.' Rak'keli dwells on Konti Isle at the Opal Temple quite frequently when she is not traveling the realm. She has a good working relationship with Laviku and often assists him when he or his sea denizens have need. Of all the Gods and Goddesses, Rak'keli is the most generous with her powers. Followers of hers are granted elaborate tattooing, mostly facial, that serve as Gnosis Marks that grant them the ability to heal. The most famous of these followers are the Opal Order.

She demands loyalty of her followers, and before she grants a third gnosis mark, she will require followers to look exclusively to her first and foremost. Rak'keli is one of the easiest Goddesses to talk to and is likely to appear in critical situations - especially plagues or in the aftermath of war - to help however she can.

Rak'keli is also constantly at odds with Dira, snatching the living back from the brink of death in numerous ways. Some would say the two Goddesses are at war with each other. Though this is not quite the truth, the two divine women have a sort of uneasy understanding with each other.

Rak'keli's whole purpose is to balance out the tricksters, the undermining secret back alley whisperers, and kick the ever loving life out of the lurkers who cause trouble by erosion of value or faith. Her people are wholesome, honest, forthright warriors for the light. Tenacious, fierce, and dedicated, healers battle in ways that are just as fierce as an Akalak picking up a sword or a human Reimancer launching a firebolt. Their weapons are herbs, scalpels, bandages, poisons, and knowledge - lots of knowledge. Rak'keli is not the secretive sort to curse or keep a healer humble by burdening them by an illness that weakens them. She wants her soldiers fit and ready to fight. Rak'keli doesn't play games or provide obstacles for her people, because the world is filled with enough of these already in existence and ready to be faced - more than enough. Just stepping out into the world subjects a person to these obstacles.

Rak'keli has two pet winged serpents called the Rakanivas. One is male and one is female and they occasionally produce offspring that she gifts to her priests and priestesses. It is said that if the Rakanivas are fed toxins or poisons, their venom will become the anti-toxin or poison. One bite is enough, after several hours from the serpents ingesting the poison, to ready their venom, and cure even the most heavily poisoned individuals. Rak'keli takes her symbol from her pets.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Rak'keli

Postby Weylin Quickshot on January 3rd, 2013, 3:35 pm

Related thread: You are a mouse not a man

It was no doubt the howling begs that escaped from the lungs of Weylin Quickshot, the cry of distress and panic filling the air. Although her fingers worked to stop the blood flowing free, she knew that she was running out of time to save him. She could feel his body growing cold, the life that she so longed to protect slipping from her fingers. She needed the help of the Gods more than ever now.

Rak’keli, please! I need your help. Right now more than ever before.
I know I have flaws; I am a sinner with blood on her hands, that I solve issues with a fist than with words, and foolish by racing into situations that are out of my control. Just as you no doubt saw, that I let the raw emotions control me, but please right now I need your aid. I need to save him; I cannot let him die not now, not like this.
So grant me the strength to save him. I will do anything you ask for; I will give all I can give, I will serve in any manner you desire to place upon me, my allegiance is yours, just please… Help me save him... Please...
Pavi | Common | Thought
Weylin Quickshot
Player

Words: 84229
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2012, 5:18 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Rak'keli~ Hear My Plea

Postby Nai'a on January 21st, 2013, 9:48 am

Nai'a prayed to her goddess every morning when she woke up, and every night before she went to bed, not to mention the times during the day where her work at the infirmary made her heart break that she could not do more for the people of Zeltiva. She felt helpless at times, as if she could do something more, but something was blocking her from doing so. Although she felt helpless she never lost faith that Rak'Keli was lurking in Zeltiva, healing the weak and damaged, the sick and poor, the diseased and broken. She never lost her confidence in her healing ability, she just studied harder and work harder, in hopes that Rak'Keli would notice this, that Rak'Keli would see that she was facing this battle of dark sickness, with the fierce light of healing, the gift that she received at birth from Rak'Keli. But tonight after leaving the infirmary, she felt like a talk with her Goddess was necessary, or more a plea to her. Her heart was breaking at the sight of so many that were diseased and sick, and she worked fervently everyday, working twelve hour or longer shifts.

"Rak'Keli I hope that my prayer of plea reaches your divine ears. It seems the shroud of pestilence has covered the city of Zeltiva. Mistress Claira and I have been working to help those we can with the sickness and disease. But it seems that this sickness keeps rearing up it's ugly head, to more we fight, the more it spreads. Some days I feel so helpless, as if I could do more, but something just keeps blocking me from doing so. I fight with the light and confidence, the gift of your mark you have bestowed upon me at birth. I study books and with Mistress Claira everyday, trying to gain more knowledge, using that knowledge as power to fight off this sickness. Rak'Keli please hear me, I need your help, Zeltiva needs your help. The darkness of disease brought on by an individual is tearing Zeltiva apart, breaking down men of strength, killing the young and elderly. This darkness needs to be brought out by the light, needs to be destroyed by your light. Please I ask of you, grant me the strength and courage to fight this darkness, in your name, by your will, help me bring this sickness and darkness to it's knees. I am ever so thankful for your mark, and I hope that when the day comes that I have proven myself worthy, I hope to be granted a second mark, I hope to work with the Opal Order. One day when I have proven my worth, when I have worked hard to defeat the darkness of sickness, I pray that I am worthy enough in your eyes to receive this second mark.

I will always follow you faithfully, exert your will, and fight this shroud of pestilence in your name. I beg of you give me the strength to keep fighting what seems like a losing battle."

Nai'a smiled at the end of her prayer. She did not pray as well as some people, usually her prayers ended up sounding as if she were chatting with a friend. Nai'a preferred this though, she felt closer to her Goddess by praying as if she were in a conversation with a friend. Nai'a could only hope that Rak'Keli heard her plea, and that she would be lurking in the city of Zeltiva, exerting her will on more people, to help with the battle. Nai'a secretly hoped that after or before this was all said and done and over with, that she would receive her second mark from the goddess. Nai'a yawned and stretched her arms in the air, stretching her stiff muscles as she laid down in her bed, closing her eyes, drifting off into a deep slumber filled with dreams of healing the world of it's sickness, a purpose she strived to accomplish through Rak'Keli's will.
Due to college I will not be as active as I was. Sorry, but do not give up on me :)! I will reply ASAP
Nai'a
Healing is the art of caring.

Words: 184578
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 6:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Rak'keli

Postby Elem Bree on February 26th, 2013, 2:16 am

This was Elem's prayer to Rak'keli when he entered Riverfall for the first time.

It all just felt so right. After reading the scroll and passing it off, he closed his eyes and bowed his head. He lifted his clasped hands to his lips so that they rested against the shifting sigil placed there. Quietly he whispered his prayer to his Mother.

"Thank You for bringing me safely to this great city, Mother. May Your light shine on all those who suffer and long for Healing. May I act as Your instrument here and spread Your Love to all those who would receive it. In Your name and by Your grace."

Elem Bree
Always learning. Always changing.

Words: 229116
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2011, 6:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Rak'keli

Postby Elem Bree on February 26th, 2013, 2:24 am

This prayer was for Kavala during the Zith Attack

Dropping to his knees, Elem surveyed the compound fracture in Kavala's leg. He had seen similar sights in Zeltiva, when dock timber rolled through the streets like matchsticks. "Thank Blessed Rak'keli you are asleep, Kavala." His eyes fluttered closed, his attention gone from the two fighters at his rear.

Elem's voice cleared and became quiet.

"Great Mother Rak'keli, guide my hands and my heart as I aid Your daughter in regaining her legs and her life. It is Your hand that works through me. In Your Grace, I beseech You." Taking a deep breath, Elem felt along the muscles of Kavala's scaled thigh, finding the proper end of the bone. Bandages were wound tight above the thigh, slowing the blood flow.

Elem Bree
Always learning. Always changing.

Words: 229116
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2011, 6:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Rak'keli

Postby L'orlei on August 7th, 2013, 10:43 pm

In this post, L'orlei whispers a prayer to her goddess.
Timestamp: 4th of Spring, 513 AV

L'orlei was not a coward, but neither was she the most brave of Konti. As she sat there, alone in the room with Clyde, about to extrude her res for the first time, she was uncertain. But unlike many new reimancers, L'orlei had a rock to fall back on. Two rocks, really, a mother and an aunt who loved her dearly.

"Rak'keli," she began her prayer, unsure if a prayer counted as an incantation, but Clyde said it did not matter what she actually said, so long as it was meaningful to her. "Please keep me safe, sane, and healthy. Keep Clyde safe and healthy."

L'orlei knew how dangerous magic could be. Until this point in her life she had only practiced what would be considered the "safer" types of magic. Shielding was nearly impossible to overgive in, and Auristics was also difficult. But Reimancy, that was something else altogether.

"Rak'keli," she repeated again, knowing that if anybody could keep her healthy it was the goddess, the one who had chosen her at birth. "Keep me sane, safe and healthy as I push out my very being."

That was what res was, according to Clyde, a part of her, and when she used it she was using a part of herself. She wondered if the goddess would frown on such a magic, but L'orlei had heard of healers using it before. And she intended to use her magic not to cause harm, but to help, at least when she was able. Her prayers were as heartfelt as any, more so even since she was beginning a new and dangerous path in her life. She hoped that the goddess would keep her well, and in good health, and that she could use the magic to do the same.

Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Rak'keli

Postby L'orlei on January 30th, 2015, 2:00 am

Timestamp: 7th of Winter, 514
From her room in the Sunset Quarter, Sunberth

"Rak'keli, give me strength. This place, it is.. horrible, and I do not know if I can bear it, but there are so many here who need help. People.. kill each other on the streets, fight, rape. There are so many who are sick and hurt, and I don't have the skill to help them all.

There was a big fight at the market today. I don't know what started it, something involving someone called Dagger Hand, or a group of people called that, I don't know. But there was so much killing and so many people were hurt and I couldn't save any of them.. I ran. I would have died if I stayed, and I know you would rather me live than die, but one man, I was trying to help him and another pulled me off and killed him right in front of me, like it was nothing at all to him.

I want to help them, I want to heal them, to make them better, but I am told that if I use magic people will want to hurt me. Why would they want to hurt me for helping them? I don't understand this place, and I want to leave, but.. I think I can do good here if I stay. I will do what I can, until I am Called away, or can bear it no longer."

Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Rak'keli

Postby Arialys on February 8th, 2015, 9:27 am

42nd Of Winter, 514

Arialys trekked the streets of Syliras. Having been mortified by the sight that has befallen her scarlet-kissed opals. The sick and needy unable to fend for themselves. Arialys suddenly dropped to her knees as she lifted her head heavenward. This being the first of her attempts to suddenly announce her devotion toward the Goddess. Her lips parted ways as her tongue, the trigger which launched forth the bolts of designation, which displayed her ideals as purely as the words ran off the tongue:

"Lord Rak'keli please hear my plea; Bringer of Aeon, Faith, and Newfound Hope. Even though my words may fall deaf upon your ears, I do not mind it. For as long as I live, I devote myself to unwavering loyalty that shall not ever falter. I ask for strength, patience, and your radiant light. Please watch over my Brother and please keep him safe. My cause is to aid the ailing and the injured. I will continue to work hard and develop skills to invoke your image across the land. Sing your name in rejoice, pride, and bliss, until my voice go hoarse. Never will I ever end the life of an individual no matter how wicked they are, only the weight of their sins shall be my own weapon. To invoke a change in their hearts if possible. If need be if I am ever attacked, I will incapacitate them to the best of my combat prowess without needing to take a life. I will continue to nurse my patient for as long as they draw breathes into the lungs. Only to stop giving special care only when they themselves have too given up on living. I do apologize for being so dependent upon my brother, yet, he abandoned me. Not on ill will of course, but, to perhaps to teach me what it truly is to be independent. I was sour, I admit it. But, I've come to this revelation, it took quite some time to come to this understanding. Sieghart would not have wanted me to give up here, not after all the hardships we endured together as children. It's my turn to stand before him, having him look at my backside as I protect him. Dear Rak'keli, my words shall never be ill of you. I will gladly spread your name and good will, without having to prompted to do so. This is my cause, to heal to the best of my capabilities be it physical, emotional, or psychological trauma that plagues them. I will not cower in the face of evil, I have faith in your radiant warmth. I believe in you strongly. And may, Priskil bathe my brother in her light as well. If there ever was a cause for war, I already know my job. To tend to the injured and ensure their survival throughout the war zone.

When I was a child, the children at the schools were quite unruly. The women there seemed to be quite envious of my blessings. They kicked, punched, spat, and even cursed me to the point that even I felt that this was not a life worth living. It all went down hill when they had the nerve to severe my locks so that they only passed my ear. I cried, feeling helpless, weak, and alone. Until I met my brother, he confronted my antagonists. And simply said this to me:

" You should wear your hair long like before, It suits you so much more. Do not show these leeches fear, they feed upon it for dominance."

From there I felt empowered, given a new purpose. As we grew older and faced bullies together. He given me the courage to lash back and be just as tenacious as him. From there I vowed to be as strong willed as my brother and shall not cower. I pray that my legs shall not give out while I am on my journey. The main locomotion to continue your work. May my heart continue to beat triumphantly within the ribs that harbor my delicate innards. No matter what hardships I face. I can be knocked down, skewered, poisoned till I can't even breathe any longer, battered to the point that my bones are broken. Yet, I will still speak your name regardless of how much pain I endured.

Again I ask you to watch over Sieghart, he's incredibly dear to me. I do not know what I would do if he is to ever fall. He is my very beacon alongside you that keeps me devoted to my cause. May your will act as my beacon and guide me through the trenches of evil. May you aid me in strengthening the bonds of men, women, child and animals alike. Though you may not speak to me right now but, as long I have your faith in my heart. I know that you are with me, your companionship is a breath of fresh air to me. When I meet up with Sieghart, I would like for him to question my new glow. It's the love that he gives, that makes me feel like I can soar to unobtainable heights. I thank you for the good fortune of not suffering from terminal illness during my upcomings. I thank you for the good you bring to the world. In addition to keeping the impending evil at by while completing your rounds. It takes one hell of a woman to accomplish such feats. I am not a hell of a woman, I can only aspire to be. Perhaps, I too can become one, one day. Together, we can cleanse the world as women who cares for the greater good of the world. "

Arialys would conclude her moment of prayer. The passerbys stopped and looked toward the woman as if she was some kind of deranged lunatic for praying in open public. With the cause to see to her promises in the end. More importantly, live her servitude to Rak'keli to the fullest. In addition, to displaying her strengths to her brother. The road ahead is a long and winding one, filled with many cracks and crevices. There are even places where the roads aren't even paved for her, yet, she must carve her own path.
Arialys
The Empathy

Words: 10990
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2015, 7:42 am
Character sheet